Mika on Taratata - 14 October 2009

Droopsy

I love the song Comment Te Dire Adieu :wub2:

and luckily it was a cover version I loved, too - both the girl and Mika.

I love when Mika sings in lower range..:mf_lustslow:

I think I even remember Jimmy Sommerville covering this song with a woman but in that he sang the higher part. I really am sooooo old.:teehee:

I love the song Comment Te Dire Adieu :wub2:

and luckily it was a cover version I loved, too - both the girl and Mika.

I love when Mika sings in lower range..:mf_lustslow:

I think I even remember Jimmy Sommerville covering this song with a woman but in that he sang the higher part. I really am sooooo old.:teehee:

exact ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClHyJ3oDkWw

and covered by birkin too:

history of the song:

Titre original : It Hurts to Say Goodbye

Paroles : Arnold Goland

Musique : Jack Gold

1re interprète : Vera Lynn, 1954

Adaptation française : Serge Gainsbourg

Arrangement musical : Serge Gainsbourg

Orchestre : Jean-Pierre Sabar

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=6849395

and covered by birkin too:

history of the song:

Titre original : It Hurts to Say Goodbye

Paroles : Arnold Goland

Musique : Jack Gold

1re interprète : Vera Lynn, 1954

Adaptation française : Serge Gainsbourg

Arrangement musical : Serge Gainsbourg

Orchestre : Jean-Pierre Sabar

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=6849395

:shocked:

Wow! It was an English song first:blink:

Never heard it in English. The orchestration is completely different in the original. I like both versions but actually prefer Serge Gainsbourg's arrangement. It's sweet. :teehee:

Thank you for posting the info:thumb_yello:

Edited by suzie

:shocked:

Wow! It was an English song first:blink:

Never heard it in English. The orchestration is completely different in the original. I like both versions but actually prefer Serge Gainsbourg's arrangement. It's sweet. :teehee:

Thank you for posting the info:thumb_yello:

you're welcome suzie!

and i prefer the gainsbourg's one too,with hardy or mika as interprete:thumb_yello:

Edited by FOUCHONNERET

Fast Translation of the interview part :

(in advance, sorry for my english ! )

Just after WAG :

So Nagui (the presenter) says that he is welcoming back at home and presents his CD. Mika stands up and says that's it's the first time he actually sees the CD :naughty: But Nagui says that it's his CD and he keeps it !

Then he comes back of the early Mika story in France : more than two years ago, in Taratata they presented a french-englich-lebanese pianist saying that he'll become a huge artist : 6 millions copies of LICM and 1,5 in France.

Nagui says it's nice of him because now he's a big pop star, he comes back in the show :blush-anim-cl:

Mika says "of course" and he tells his story of the tv show : it was hos first TV set in France and he was so nervous because he had to prepare a cover but he didn't and he went to the piano saying "what I'm gonna do now" and they improvised some extracts like "Champs Elysées", a little bit of Queen. Mika says he made mistakes. and Nagui says he even did Figaro's weading (Mika's answer is "yeah... unfortunately :naughty:)

Then he talks to him about WAG and he says that if we don't consider the lyrics, we could think it's so pretentious saying "I'm made of gold" but the song comes from a novel "The magic toy shop" d'Angela Carter. It speaks about a girl and his teenage ages and all the changings occurring in her life. He was touched by this story and it made him thinking about his own adolescence and he started writing all the new songs with this idea in mind (teenage ages) and he tells his own story : when he was youg, he felt left out by the others at school and it was difficult. Nagui says it's a polite and nice way to say that he was rejected by people. Mika answers he was a looser but he doesn't care now ! :naughty: Then he goes on : he put everything he did in his songs writing lyrics and it was his own way to give himsel some value.

Second part just after :wink2:

hope you understand

Edited by French Deb

Fast Translation of the interview part :

(in advance, sorry for my english ! )

Just after WAG :

So Nagui (the presenter) says that he is welcoming back at home and presents his CD. Mika stands up and says that's it's the first time he actually sees the CD :naughty: But Nagui says that it's his CD and he keeps it !

Then he comes back of the early Mika story in France : more than two years ago, in Taratata they presented a french-englich-lebanese pianist saying that he'll become a huge artist : 6 millions copies of LICM and 1,5 in France.

Nagui says it's nice of him because now he's a big pop star, he comes back in the show :blush-anim-cl:

Mika says "of course" and he tells his story of the tv show : it was hos first TV set in France and he was so nervous because he had to prepare a cover but he didn't and he went to the piano saying "what I'm gonna do now" and they improvised some extracts like "Champs Elysées", a little bit of Queen. Mika says he made mistakes. and Nagui says he even did Figaro's weading (Mika's answer is "yeah... unfortunately :naughty:)

Then he talks to him about WAG and he says that if we don't consider the lyrics, we could think it's so pretentious saying "I'm made of gold" but the song comes from a novel "The magic toy shop" d'Angela Carter. It speaks about a girl and his teenage ages and all the changings occurring in her life. He was touched by this story and it made him thinking about his own adolescence and he started writing all the new songs with this idea in mind (teenage ages) and he tells his own story : when he was youg, he felt left out by the others at school and it was difficult. Nagui says it's a polite and nice way to say that he was rejected by people. Mika answers he was a losser but he doesn't car now ! :naughty: Then he goes on : he put everything he did in his songs writing lyrics and it was his own way to give himsel some value.

Second part just after :wink2:

hope you understand

Taratatà as .avi files

BIOTG http://www.sendspace.com/file/tcapv3 62 Mb

WAG + Interview + "Comment Te Dire Adieu" http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B9E26QKI 430 Mb

PS: the other DL LINKS (mp3 + flv files) are in the 1st post

Thanks a lot both!!!!!

Oh MY!!! That was SOOO beautiful!!! :fangurl:

ANd gosh...it must be the headache but I understood EVERYTHING! Can't believe it really! Thanks Mika for the private French lessons! :teehee::huglove:

Can I just say that Gaga is just awesome! That voice and her skills dammit! It's the first time I saw her live in this way...I mean...I have never really watched videos of her live but she's brilliant! and I'm not saying it for Mika's sake...SHE IS! (well in my opinion at least!...Love her! )

and the duet! .... :stretcher: AMAZINg! So so so charming!

Ok, I start again :sneaky2:

Then Nagui says that he was even expelled from school during 6 months and Mika talks about his dyslexia thing. Nagui says everything was connected and linked and Mika's answer : it xas a fantastic package ! :naughty: Nagui says it was a really crappy period ! and Music saved him. Then he told to himself that if he was brave enough to go back school, what could be the grafiti he'd put on the bathroom's wall : "I'm not what you think I am, I am made of gold"

Nagui takes the idea and says it in another way saying he is unique and if this could lead to Mika, well it's full of hope ! it's a nice story.

Then there is a short report about his potential music tastes and influences. And after they ask him if they were actually what he likes, what Mika affirmsn even for Chantal Goya :roftl: This part is just hilarious because she was a singer for children. And he starts singing one of her songs :roftl: and then, some friends of mine of the french forum who were there kept going singing another song that made Mika giggled :naughty: (and us too !! :biggrin2:) Nagui says that Taratata can launch a career but can also destroy it !!!! :naughty:

The cover song is so gorgeous !I always admired Emilie Simon :wub2:

She's gorgeous. When i was watching the cover, i was thinking about how she could feel right now. Her boyfriend died a few days after that performance. :no:

Thank you, allmighty Mari!:wub2::biggrin2:

Thanks a lot both!!!!!
My pleasure! :wub2::biggrin2:
Mari..I cannot load under the second link. It does not work for me ((
Lena, in order to download from megaupload you have to copy the letters in the white space

have you tried these links?

they are the same files, just a different kind of : .flv instead of .avi

DL LINKS: they are .flv files

BIOTG: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r1yt0c 20 Mb

WAG + Interview + "Comment Te Dire Adieu" http://www.sendspace.com/file/7891me 136 Mb

Thanks a lot to Mari62 for the links! I watched the show last night and enjoyed every single minute of it. Lady GaGa was great too, what a wonderful pianist she is (I'm jealous!)

and her extravagance, her diva-ness is fine to me!

I never watched Lady Gaga live either and I loved it too, didn't know she played the piano as well, and wow! she sings very well too!

Ok, I start again :sneaky2:

Then Nagui says that he was even expelled from school during 6 months and Mika talks about his dyslexia thing. Nagui says everything was connected and linked and Mika's answer : it xas a fantastic package ! :naughty: Nagui says it was a really crappy period ! and Music saved him. Then he told to himself that if he was brave enough to go back school, what could be the grafiti he'd put on the bathroom's wall : "I'm not what you think I am, I am made of gold"

Nagui takes the idea and says it in another way saying he is unique and if this could lead to Mika, well it's full of hope ! it's a nice story.

Then there is a short report about his potential music tastes and influences. And after they ask him if they were actually what he likes, what Mika affirmsn even for Chantal Goya :roftl: This part is just hilarious because she was a singer for children. And he starts singing one of her songs :roftl: and then, some friends of mine of the french forum who were there kept going singing another song that made Mika giggled :naughty: (and us too !! :biggrin2:) Nagui says that Taratata can launch a career but can also destroy it !!!! :naughty:

French Deb, thanks a lot again :bow:

My pleasure! :wub2::biggrin2:

Lena, in order to download from megaupload you have to copy the letters in the white space

have you tried these links?

they are the same files, just a different kind of : .flv instead of .avi

Yes, Mari thankyou, I has taken other file. Is Quality in fact identical?....

Yes, Mari thankyou, I has taken other file. Is Quality in fact identical?....
yes quality is the same

Thanks a lot to Mari62 for the links! I watched the show last night and enjoyed every single minute of it. Lady GaGa was great too, what a wonderful pianist she is (I'm jealous!)

and her extravagance, her diva-ness is fine to me!

Thank you very much for recording and uploading!!! :flowers2:
you're all most welcome! :)

That was great! :D Even better than the first time he came on the show! :blush-anim-cl:

Woah, I fell in love with Lady Gaga too (oke, not really, but you know what I mean. I realize she's really really really tallented) Great work! :thumb_yello:

At the end. Mika whispering in Lady Gaga's ear. He's such a flirt :teehee:

That was great! :D Even better than the first time he came on the show! :blush-anim-cl:

Woah, I fell in love with Lady Gaga too (oke, not really, but you know what I mean. I realize she's really really really tallented) Great work! :thumb_yello:

At the end. Mika whispering in Lady Gaga's ear. He's such a flirt :teehee:

Which video is this in? :dunno: