lollipop_monkey

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mellody's posts from the other thread:

this was one of the funniest gigs ever! :lmao: mika was in such a silly mood, i guess the kind of silliness when you're just so tired and don't care if things go wrong but just laugh your a** off about it! :naughty: i filmed most of those funny talking bits, but apart from that only parts of songs because security told us before the show not to film - and when i told him that normally for mika you are allowed to, he said well ok but not too long, only short clips. so that's what i did, no whole songs this time.

just posted a pic of wag on twitter. off to bed now, hopefully there's a report thread tomorrow then where i can post. :bleh: night. :wink2:

http://twitpic.com/1c27b0

edit: and here's my pic with mika, as it was just 3 of us, we got individual pix. :original: i just wished he looked a bit less skeptical on mine :naughty: but well, he was really tired. like he said at the gig "ich bin kaputt!" :teehee:http://twitpic.com/1c2a0p

White boxers?? :shocked:

Karin, I love your pic with Mika :wub2: It looks more personal than basic fan photos, he is not posing as much as usual. Awww, he is tired? I really hope he can rest a bit after Basel.

Can't wait to see you vids when he is talking funny things :biggrin2:

Ok, so I might try to write a short review...

Like mellody already told you, it was a fun gig. Mika was so chatty and talking and laughing a lot. :thumb_yello::roftl:

- just like in Munich, he didn't "catch" the Dr John coat with his suitcase, but it fell next to it :aah:, he then threw the bag over Martin

- at one point his mic stopped working ("Es ist kaputt!" - it's broken)

- toyboy wasn't falling down - the only thing that didn't get messed up today according to Mika.

- he was again testing his German swear word vocabulary

- Mika said in German "Ich bin kaputt." (I'm a mess.)

- When he introduced the band he called Cherisse "Bam-Bam" again :naughty: (not part of the funny list things - not that it would be very serious :mf_rosetinted: - just a remark, but it seemed to me that at this gig Jimmy was getting most of the applause of the band)

The Qing was fun, too. Until 5:30 pm we had only given out 25 numbers, so the waiting was pretty much relaxing and chatting to everyone was fun (as always). Love it!

John & the band arrived when there were only 3 people in the Q! John came outside several more times to chat to us. I arrived later than planned. Didn't hear my alarm bell in the morning so I didn't drive with Miri, but took the train at 10 - to arrive at the venue around 12:15 - I was still number 7 though :wink2: You see, nothing compared to other gigs of this tour.

It was already amazing to be taken in earlier than the non-numbered people. It was actually about to rain so we numbers were let in early and could assist at the soundcheck of Roman and Co :wub2: It was great to be all "save" in the warm and dry!

I ended up standing in between Miri (Hassibobberle) and Violet_Sky which was a great spot - again more towards the right side of the stage (though given the size of the stage this didn't really matter)

The atmosphere was already brilliant for the supporting act (Roman Fischer and band). Have seen them 3 times opening for Mika now - and I have to say that I absolutely love them. Finally managed to talk to them after the gig, bought their cd (one of them) and had my pic taken with all of them :wub2: Ok, I admit, I had a very fangurlish moment.

(@SilkeHH: Would you please send to to me somehow? Thanks.)

They asked me why I did all of the 6 German Mika gigs - and I answered: "To see you!" :roftl: They are really nice guys. Many of us German MFCers decided to go and see them for their June tour...

Wellwell, now, Mika. I hadn't planned to do this gig in the beginning. But thought I might just go anyway - which was a very good and wise decision! Who knows when Mika will be back in Germany? He said that he won't be in Germany for a looooong time :boxed:

(luckily I still got a few foreign gigs ahead of me...) But still. I LOVE it when he's talking German! :wub2: And IMO he got so much better at it since 2007 - even though he says he didn't.

All of the about 1500 people (sold out) saw the Mika show they were waiting for. And I still love Over my shoulder - even though I know some people still don't...

The lt intro was skipped - not enough room on stage I suppose, so mellody and the two male and female bgs only showed up for the lp finale.

And then Kick ass again - I would really really LOVE to see Mika perfom this song live. It's just so much fun! Still got hope :thumb_yello:

So after the gig I talked briefly to a friend of mine who goes to university with me - and she said she loved the gig - even though she and her friendwere standing in the middle of the hall, and not like us in the front.

So this proves that the atmosphere wasn't only good in the front - but everywhere. Mika never fails to set the place on fire.

The m&g afterwards was again very civilised. Mika took his time and then went to the bus. I don't know if I just saw things but it looked to me as if he was hobbling a bit when walking back to the bus?!

The band came shortly before Mika when everybody was already waiting in line for Mika - but they walked straight to the bus.

I really hope they will all have their well-deserved day off today before the Basel gig.

Many of the people who were at the Stuttgart gig will also be in Switzerland - not too far away. So I'm really looking forwards to meeting you there again.

love love mariposa x

edit: just remembered s.th. else. Before Dr John. The suitcase wouldn't open. Mika had to try for at least one minute to open it. That was a really funny moment.

edit2: just posted a pic of Mika after the gig on twitter http://twitpic.com/1c48l1

and another one http://twitpic.com/1c4afe

Edited by mariposa

Big thanks from me as well, Mariposa - great report, very detailed and interesting to read. Can't wait for the little vids from Karin! :)

So he actually said that he won't be in Germany again for a long time? :shocked:

I assumed that of course but to hear it "spoken out" doesn't make it any better *sigh*

I really have to keep myself from booking spontaneously another gig abroad...quite hard, it's so tempting... :aah:

Thank you so much for your great report :flowers2:

I sooo regret not having been there :aah: The whole time yesterday I felt like "oh, I shouldn't be here right now but in Stuttgart" :emot-sad:

Anyway, I'm happy you enjoyed the evening and am really looking forward to the funny bits in Mellody's videos :biggrin2: Did you catch the Dr John-intro? I mean, there's Martin involved that should be a good reason to film it :mf_lustslow::naughty:

Hope we'll meet at some foreign gig. Too bad he said he wouldn't come back for a long time :boxed: But then again: what's a long time in Mikaland? You never know :biggrin2: *has hope*

Ok, so I might try to write a short review...

Like mellody already told you, it was a fun gig. Mika was so chatty and talking and laughing a lot.

- just like in Munich, he didn't "catch" the Dr John coat with his suitcase, but it fell next to it :aah:, he then threw the bag over Martin

- at one point his mic stopped working ("Es ist kaputt!" - it's broken)

- toyboy wasn't falling down - the only thing that didn't get messed up today according to Mika.

- he was again testing his German swear word vocabulary

- Mika said in German "Ich bin kaputt." (I'm a mess.)

- When he introduced the band he called Cherisse "Bam-Bam" again :naughty: (not part of the funny list things - not that it would be very serious :mf_rosetinted: - just a remark, but it seemed to me that at this gig Jimmy was getting most of the applause of the band)

The Qing was fun, too. Until 5:30 pm we had only given out 25 numbers, so the waiting was pretty much relaxing and chatting to everyone was fun (as always). Love it!

John & the band arrived when there were only 3 people in the Q! John came outside several more times to chat to us. I arrived later than planned. Didn't hear my alarm bell in the morning so I didn't drive with Miri, but took the train at 10 - to arrive at the venue around 12:15 - I was still number 7 though :wink2: You see, nothing compared to other gigs of this tour.

It was already amazing to be taken in earlier than the non-numbered people. It was actually about to rain so we numbers were let in early and could assist at the soundcheck of Roman and Co :wub2: It was great to be all "save" in the warm and dry!

I ended up standing in between Miri (Hassibobberle) and Violet_Sky which was a great spot - again more towards the right side of the stage (though given the size of the stage this didn't really matter)

The atmosphere was already brilliant for the supporting act (Roman Fischer and band). Have seen them 3 times opening for Mika now - and I have to say that I absolutely love them. Finally managed to talk to them after the gig, bought their cd (one of them) and had my pic taken with all of them Ok, I admit, I had a very fangurlish moment.

(@SilkeHH: Would you please send to to me somehow? Thanks.)

They asked me why I did all of the 6 German Mika gigs - and I answered: "To see you!" :roftl: They are really nice guys. Many of us German MFCers decided to go and see them for their June tour...

Wellwell, now, Mika. I hadn't planned to do this gig in the beginning. But thought I might just go anyway - which was a very good and wise decision! Who knows when Mika will be back in Germany? He said that he won't be in Germany for a looooong time :boxed:

(luckily I still got a few foreign gigs ahead of me...) But still. I LOVE it when he's talking German! :wub2: And IMO he got so much better at it since 2007 - even though he says he didn't.

All of the about 1500 people (sold out) saw the Mika show they were waiting for. And I still love Over my shoulder - even though I know some people still don't...

The lt intro was skipped - not enough room on stage I suppose, so mellody and the two male and female bgs only showed up for the lp finale.

And then Kick ass again - I would really really LOVE to see Mika perfom this song live. It's just so much fun! Still got hope

So after the gig I talked briefly to a friend of mine who goes to university with me - and she said she loved the gig - even though she and her friendwere standing in the middle of the hall, and not like us in the front.

So this proves that the atmosphere wasn't only good in the front - but everywhere. Mika never fails to set the place on fire.

The m&g afterwards was again very civilised. Mika took his time and then went to the bus. I don't know if I just saw things but it looked to me as if he was hobbling a bit when walking back to the bus?!

The band came shortly before Mika when everybody was already waiting in line for Mika - but they walked straight to the bus.

I really hope they will all have their well-deserved day off today before the Basel gig.

Many of the people who were at the Stuttgart gig will also be in Switzerland - not too far away. So I'm really looking forwards to meeting you there again.

love love mariposa x

edit: just remembered s.th. else. Before Dr John. The suitcase wouldn't open. Mika had to try for at least one minute to open it. That was a really funny moment.

edit2: just posted a pic of Mika after the gig on twitter http://twitpic.com/1c48l1

and another one http://twitpic.com/1c4afe

Lovely report, Mariposa!! And Violet got front row again? :das: I'm really glad to hear that. Can't wait to get her report now :naughty:

Oh, about not coming back in a long time, he said that in London as well...I get the feeling that he's not really going to do a lot of touring next year, or at least not in Europe. But hey, what do I know :dunno: Maybe it's a good thing, meaning that we'll finally get that Bahamas gig :lmfao:

Too bad he said he wouldn't come back for a long time :boxed: But then again: what's a long time in Mikaland? You never know :biggrin2: *has hope*

Exactly. What does "for a long time" mean? I hope not THAT long.

Thank you for the report, Mariposa!:thumb_yello:

Hope we will see each other soon again!

I hope so, too. I was fun Qing with you in Berlin! :wink2:

Lovely report, Mariposa!! And Violet got front row again? :das: I'm really glad to hear that. Can't wait to get her report now :naughty:

Oh, about not coming back in a long time, he said that in London as well...I get the feeling that he's not really going to do a lot of touring next year, or at least not in Europe. But hey, what do I know :dunno: Maybe it's a good thing, meaning that we'll finally get that Bahamas gig :lmfao:

Yep, Violet was front row this time :naughty:

If he wasn't doing any European gigs next year - but was only touring places he's never been so far that would be 1000000% fine with me. I bet there are hidden Mika fans under every stone in any place in this world! :thumb_yello:

Thanks for your pix, Miri! :thumb_yello:

That's my fave. 2yypezr.jpg The two of them are the reason why I always prefer being more on the right of the stage. They are just so adorable together!

Edited by mariposa

That's my fave. 2yypezr.jpg The two of them are the reason why I always prefer being more on the right of the stage. They are just so adorable together!

They are! I think that Imma and Jimmy make a great team, and they both add a LOT to the whole show :wub2:.

ok, will try a little report, though i still can't think properly coz i'm so tired... i really wonder why i'm still so tired, although i got enoug sleep the last 2 nights. guess i still have to catch up with sleep from last week. or maybe it's just all those weather changes, from 20°C to 2°C and back, and back again in just a few days. :aah:

part 1

decided to be a lollipop girl yesterday, as a) i figured chances would be good at that small gig and b) i wanted to wear that fluffy LG dress and see if it fits me too (it does! :-))

arrived at ca. 4pm, got no. 16 (like marion mentioned, very relaxed queuing!), and when john came out bout half an hour later, i told him i'd go for being a LG. they indeed had problems finding any that night, they even had a competition in a local newspaper but seems that no one applied! :blink: i asked him what they'd do if they didn't find anyone else, and he said they'd dress up the crew. :naughty: there were a guy and a girl sitting on the steps and the guy immediately said he'd go for being a BG if he was allowed to - and john said ok, so one of the BGs last night was a boy! :-) his (girl-)friend joined him then, so there were 2 BGs and me as the only LG. anna instructed us, we practiced the death march on stage (with jimmy fooling around, as always.... ;-p), and listened to a bit to the soundcheck - but only by the band, mika couldn't make it for soundcheck. i had a little chat with jimmy backstage, he asked me about the dmfc yearbook popup thingie and i told him that antoine had drawn it... and i also quickly got to say hi to the rest of the band, kept bumping into them backstage, it was such a small place! :wub2: (shame that mika wasn't there yet... :naughty: ). ah yes, and paloma was there too, just saw her quickly before the show though, more afterwards.

after we had put on our costumes (me still without the petticoat and the shoes, would put them on later...), we were told we can sit down in the venue or go outside or whatever we wanted. we didn't get passes/wristbands, but somehow the security staff always let us in+out, even if they didn't know who we were - probably everyone could just have gone in there, lol! :lmfao:

marion had texted me that there was a thunderstorm coming up, i told anna, and she contacted john about it on her walkie talkie, whether they could do anything for the numbered people. i didn't think it was possible, as the venue was just one hall, no extra foyer... but they did let them inside, in a special area on the side, from where they'd go on towards the stage shortly before the doors opened. all worked out perfecly. :thumb_yello:

i waited til they had all taken their places and then still got a good front row spot at the side where the piano would be later. :biggrin2: it just all became incredibly hot and sweaty during the gig, as i had to wear my (long sleeved) jacket over the LG dress so no one would see it. urgh. :aah: would've enjoyed the gig more with one of my usual sleeveless tops... but well, it was fun anyway, and really worth it being a LG. :-)

originally we had planned the dresscode day of the dead and i wanted to wear the gray skelly costume, but since i was a LG and graciosa who also had a fab jacket according to the dresscode took that jacket off due to the heat, i guess no one realized that we had a dresscode. :teehee:

shortly before the gig, anna came to where i was standing and told me the death march would be cancelled (i guess coz the stage was too small... the snow machine was there, just didn't see it first - they just cut off the march part of the LT intro) and we'd only have to leave during toy boy. fantastic, otherwise i'd have missed some of the funny talking bits, and the shirtless wag! ;-p it was a bit complicated though to get out during TB, at first we were told to meet up at the back, but due to the change, we should come to the side - which was the other side from where i was standing. :aah: so i thought i'd just go through to the back and then on the side to the front again - but easier said than done, that venue was PACKED, there was no space whatsoever! :shocked: so i couldn't get through on the side without pushing my way through & disturbing everyone, and so had to go via the door at the back, where luckily the security guy let me in, after i'd explained my situation to him.

tbc

part 2

a girl from the crew was the 2nd lollipop girl in the end, and M pulled her on stage and danced with her. jimmy danced with me, and gave me his plectrum in the end. :wub2: the band and us stayed for a bit into KA, but at one point jimmy grabbed me and pulled me off stage. btw, mika was spying again on the reactions to KA, but apart from a few ppl at the front, no one was partying to it, unfortunately. :sad:

we got changed and waited for a while, standing in everyone's way, as it was just a small corridor - i had asked anna whether we should wait in the catering area, where there was lots more space, but she said we should stay there. :dunno: after a while mika came, shook our hands, and we asked whether we could get individual pix and he said sure as we're only 3 it's ok - so we got our pix, and then i asked him about basel, as he had said in the show that it's the last time they're doing that show - but he said no, he wanted to say last time in a club... well, whatever, he was really really tired, not in a "i wanna leave and go to bed soon" way though, but more in a "ah yes, anything you say, i'm too tired to realize anyway" way. :naughty: if you know what i mean. :wink2: he seemed to me like a little boy who's overtired, i felt like hugging him, stuffing him in a bed and reading him a bedtime story. :wub2:

the boy who was a BG told M something about a tattoo he wanted to get and asked him whether he had an idea... and M drew something for him, a heart with an exclamation mark and a question mark... that's what i mean by saying that it wasn't at all like he wanted to get away soon, looked like it was fun for him drawing that. really cute. :wub2:

i then asked something for the mexican fans (yes lui, he got your present! :wink2:), and then whether he'd play KA at the new shows, and he said "i don't know". maybe he just haven't thought about it yet but first wants to enjoy his time off before he starts thinking bout his new setlist... (well i HOPE he has some time off!) anyway that's a bit how his answer seemed to me. well, we'll see - at least it wasn't a "no". :biggrin2:

then he left, and i went outside to join the others. at the outside m+g of course i only took a few pix from the back. he took his time for everyone, really sweet! :wub2:

here's my first video from the show, the talk before SITM:

- will try to upload more during the day/evening.

got one really funny bit on video, where he says "i am a mess ... ich bin kaputt" and then when some ppl were going "aww!" he said "no don't! i may be kaputt, but i ain't soft!" and boxed a bit in the air with his fists - that was sooo funny! :lmfao: and what he said before TB was funny too, about the puppet, that maybe that's what he'll look like when he's old and something about botox and silicon from supermodels and hair extensions. :lmfao: got that on video too. ;-)

ok, off now for a bit, will be back later.