Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

I was expecting Wax Mika to be shiny and look like he is wearing a wig. In other words, I was expecting it to look horrible. I don't know why. Maybe I was imagining my worst fears would come true. :naughty: But, hey, I think they did a pretty decent job with it. Not too bad, I think.

Here's my video of the statue revelation - Enjoy! :wink2:

[YOUTUBE]YS5lzp5l8xQ[/YOUTUBE]

** TRANSLATION ** (sorry i can't hear everything, very echo)

Presenter: Here is now Mika’s Entrée in the Grevin Museum!

Music……

Presenter: ** sorry, I can’t understand what he said at first** Hello Mika, I present you Mika

Mika: **again, can’t hear what he says at the beginning ;o( **

It’s incredible! First of all I want to congratulate (he names people, not sure Claus? maybe) & the entire team. It’s a huge honor for me. Frankly, it’s a little scary to be confronted by the likes of me.

You talked about my sisters, but I’m pretty sure that my sisters won’t be happy because now, there are 2 of me. It is a huge honor, especially that Charles Aznavour is in the house tonight, even if he is a little hard. No! No! he isn’t really here, I’m kidding! (he is referring to Aznavour’s wax statue being at the same museum) I adore this museum and the amphitheatre, I would love to perform here some day. It is a very special museum, very magical. It is hidden in the middle of Paris, there isn’t many like this one around the world & I’m happy that my double is here. Thank you everyone

Presenter: Thank you Mika. **I think he is inviting the man responsible for the work on the Wax Mika**

Man: Mika, On behalf of the Grevin team, I want to thank you for your support, we had to see you many times, you gave us advice, you were always in a good mood, you are very professional and it was an honor working with you. It also allowed me to discover a world that I didn’t know before and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Working at Grevin has allowed us to discover your universe that is magical and I loved it. **then he mentions something about his children, not sure what**

Mika: Thank you, you are very talented. And I’m so sorry that I recently cut my hair. It feels so strange to see myself, even at this distance, you are a very talented person.

Presenter: **not sure what he is saying exactly, but he is inviting journalists to come forward and take pictures of Wax Mika, with the real one**

Music……

Presenter: ** sorry, I can’t understand what he said at first** Hello Mika, I present you Mika

It’s incredible! First of all I want to congratulate (he names people, not sure Claus? maybe) & the entire team. It’s a huge honor for me. Frankly, it’s a little scary to be confronted by the likes of me.

You talked about my sisters, but I’m pretty sure that my sisters won’t be happy because now, there are 2 of me. It is a huge honor, especially that Charles Aznavour is in the house tonight, even if he is a little hard. No! No! he isn’t really here, I’m kidding! (he is referring to Aznavour’s wax statue being at the same museum) I adore this museum and the amphitheatre, I would love to perform here some day. It is a very special museum, very magical. It is hidden in the middle of Paris, there isn’t many like this one around the world & I’m happy that my double is here. Thank you everyone

Presenter: Thank you Mika. **I think he is inviting the man responsible for the work on the Wax Mika**

Man: Mika, On behalf of the Grevin team, I want to thank you for your support, we had to see you many times, you gave us advice, you were always in a good mood, you are very professional and it was an honor working with you. It also allowed me to discover a world that I didn’t know before and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Working at Grevin has allowed us to discover your universe that is magical and I loved it. **then he mentions something about his children, not sure what**

Mika: Thank you, you are very talented. And I’m so sorry that I recently cut my hair. It feels so strange to see myself, even at this distance, you are a very talented person.

Presenter: **not sure what he is saying exactly, but he is inviting journalists to come forward and take pictures of Wax Mika, with the real one**

Thanks very much for translation!! :flowers2:

Aznavour :roftl: Mika you are so funny!! :roftl:

Music……

Thaaaaaanks! :wub2:

Mika being adorable: what a surprise! :mf_lustslow:

I do a report and post my videos of the inauguration tomorrow evening.

It was marvellous, we see Mika after the inauguration, I finish block between Queen Elizabeth II, Gandi and Mika's back (the original) :roftl:

Can't wait to read your report and see your photos, Sephira! and thanks for the video, Mariposa :thumb_yello:

i've seen him too at the Museum, i didnt have any invitations but the kind security guards let me in and even they told me which door he's going to get out :))) i've talked to Mika he said he remembered me from Turkey, Istanbul :))

Music……

:flowers2:Thanks!!!

i've seen him too at the Museum, i didnt have any invitations but the kind security guards let me in and even they told me which door he's going to get out :))) i've talked to Mika he said he remembered me from Turkey, Istanbul :))

Really?! :shocked: Lucky you!!! :thumb_yello: Did he look happy?

wow! they did a great job

allthough it's not skiny..guess it won't go home with Meeks :naughty:

thaks for all the pics, the vid and translation!

:wub2:

I'm fangirling over the real Mika so much :aah: he looks so cute in all the pics

wow! they did a great job

allthough it's not skiny..guess it won't go home with Meeks :naughty:

thaks for all the pics, the vid and translation!

:wub2:

I'm fangirling over the real Mika so much :aah: he looks so cute in all the pics

Not skinny? It's as skinny as he is. :blink:

Hi! Not sure if this was posted before... but in any case, Enjoy it :biggrin2:

http://media.theage.com.au/national/selections/mika-immortalised-in-wax-2083585.html

he says he never realised his nose stuck out so much? :naughty:

haven't i heard him say before that he thought he had a large nose? :teehee:

i don't know where he gets that one from, he doesn't have a big nose!

sadly though, he isn't on a europeen tour anymore :no:

thanks for posting! :blush-anim-cl:

As promised, here's my little report/review.

I actually didn't feel like leaving my place again when I came back from uni around 5PM...but after reading a few new posts in this thread about people being already there I decided to stop by the Grévin Museum anyway. :wink2:

I didn't have an invitation, but I wanted to see who's there and chat with some familiar faces, maybe see the big M arrive...So I left home again around 5:45 PM(saw a woman being pickpocked at Gare du Nord - but that's not really relevant for this story :aah:), and arrived at the Musée Grévin around 6:30 PM.

th_P1080811.jpg

By then, there were already many fans waiting outside (most of whom obviously with one of those really amazingly nice looking invitations :wub2: If someone has a pic, feel free to post it. 'Cause I instantely fell in love with them.), it was lovely to catch up with some "Mika friends" (see, I call all of you Mika friends :biggrin2:, just like my uni friends etc. ).

There was also a group of English school children...pretty funny actually, the two teachers were constatly trying to count them, to see if someone was missing...We thought they were als Qing for the Mika-wax-event, but in fact they were just waiting for their coach to pick them up :aah:

So, well, to cut a long story short, we were freezing, but it was not too bad (given that we are used to Qing for MUCH longer usually :teehee:).

At one point Axie arrived and she had the idea that we could try to get me in as her "+1"" (usually all the invitations were always for 2 persons). However, she hadn't gotton hers yet since the French post was somehow slowly and didn't manage to have it sent from Paris to Metz in 4 days, so she was only on a list. So we asked Lilibet about it and she said it's gonna be alright. So it was actually thanks to Axies most generous offer :huglove: that I was starting to develop a little hope to maybe get in eventually...

Doors opened around 7:30 PM (the inauguration was to start at 8 PM). So we all queued up and waited to be let in.

It was our turn and we could pass the main entrance without any problems. Hope was raised again...we were wlking through the hall and thought that was it (does the happy dance in my head). But then there was another „check point“. Axie was fine. Her name was on the list, but there was no +1. So the woman told us to wait. Got my hopes up too soon...

There were also a few problems with some French forum people not being on the list as agreed etc. but in the end everyone (including me YES) got in. The security crew was really nice.

We also saw Mika's family coming in, all of them lovely dresses as always.

Edited by mariposa

So we went up a stairs that ended in the Grévin Museum Theatre, really really beautiful! The whole Grévin Museum is kinda cool I think: not only the statues but also the venue itself. I enjoyed the atmosphere. Everybody was dressed up. Very festive. The fanclub people were seated in the 5 last rows of the hall. Altogether there were some hundreds of people there, I'm really bad at guessing numbers. But I'd say we were s.th between 200 and 300 people: fans, journalists, (famous?) people that were invited to the event,...Mika ;-)

Anyways, Axie and me got two seats in the last row, but there were also many people standing behind us – and the sight was still pretty much ok.

Mika was then announced and he entered the room with everybody applausing. He sat down on his seat in the first row – we still could see his hair. :-)

A guy did a short intro and announced that we would now be watching some Mika live moments to get an idea of Mika's music...That was pretty cool actually. We all watched LT from the PDP on a big screen...and as you can imagine all the fans (last 5 rows plus some standing) couldn't help can clap and sing along to it. (we did behave and stayed seated though :D) and I think it was really really fun. I think someone filmed that bit, too. Will have to check yt from time to time now...

Then the director of the Grévin Museum gave a speech on Mika, his life, achievements etc. Unfortunately she was only reading out, but she did mention that she surely did hear us fans earlier that evening ;-).

Anyway, then the big moment was about to happen – tahtah – Waxmika was about to be revealed. exciting moment. I believe you've all seen the video by now...I really loved the intro with Relax being player in the background.

Well, what do I think about the statue? I think it's fine...Of course it doesn't look that lively, and one surely can like or dislike the pose – but all in all I think it's very well done for a wax statue. I forgot to mention that the woman was telling us how much Mika and his sisters were involved in the „project waxMika“ and how really interested they were in getting the details right etc. (I can actually picture that pretty well...)

So there it was. Mika's new double. He seems to like it, and tbh it can be s.th he can be proud of.

After the interview (See Guys translation), photographers could take some pix/vids (some of which can already be found in this thread)...

P1080793.jpg

the others were already led through the museum (what a lovely nighttime visit!) to a nice hall where you would find everything your heart desires: champagne and canapés/etc. Really luxurious everything! (don't ask how many glasses of champagne I had...just kidding ;-) It was still reasonable.)

Edited by mariposa

After a while Mika joined us all. At first I felt a bit sorry for him 'cause obviously people started crowding him, but I suppose it was ok because it was all really civilised and calm. However, he was singing stuff for quite some time. Iain then „saved“ him by deciding to split the room in two. Well, the big hall (with Hollywood stars wax statues standing in every corner) actually already consisted of two rooms. There was no door. So some security stood there and seperated the „real VIPS“ and the fans. But that was totally ok. We could still get a glimpse on what was going on and still „breathe freely“.

I think Mika left around 10:15 or s.th (turned in the fan direction before and waved us goodbye), maybe a bit later...so that after that, most people were leaving, too.

Since it was that early Axie and me decided to have a hot beverage afterwards in the café nearby, met some of the other girls afterwards (e. g. Mine,...), and I then took the metro back home (arrived around 00:30 AM).

It's 5:30 AM now, been awake for quite some time, but I wanted to write this report right away, would have forgotton many of the details by tomorrow.

I am really really happy that a not-so-good December day eventually ended so great!

What a great experience that was. I guess I might go to the Musée Grévin sometime in the following months again and take a pic with WaxMika :)

See, I'm pretty much in my post-Mika-height state right now...hope it lasts a few days...

It was great meeting you all (again) sharing this great experience!

Special thanks to Axie again!

th_P1080787.jpg

X mariposa

PS: Oh, and Mika said that he would love to do a gig in this venue. And I believe it's a brilliant idea! Wow! That would be just amazing.

Edited by mariposa