Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

PART ONE (sorry for my inacurracies, I can't chek it)

The new star of The Voice received us at his place in London

Downtown London, the artist opens his home's doors. Around him, from the left to the right:

Zuleika, 23 y.o., art student; Paloma, 32 y.o. designer, Fortuné, 21 y.o., architecture student; Yasmine, 34 y.o. illustrator.

My family - my shield

It wasn't needed more than one show for the little new coach of The Voice strongly imposes himself. Today we understand better from where his love for young talents comes. At his place, Mika says what does having a team mean. His 3 sisters, Yasmine, Paloma, Zuleika, and his younger brother Fortuné give to him more than just their support: they encourage and protect him. More than 9 million albums sold worlwide, some exuberant shows, a acid pop and a fanciful unvers: star Mika shines in a peculiar family constellation, which loves arts. He enjoyed to play his daily life for us with the ones he loves.

“My sister’s accident set our lifes on fire. Now, I go on without asking for permission”

Life is too short to rest lazy in the bed. At 11y.o. Mika used to sing in a Strauss opera and recorded some ads jungles. Nothing was given to this dyslexic, mute like when 10, boy, except his talent and an amazing trust in life. A strength which he shares with his sister Paloma. Three years before an accidental fall of 10 metres, which made her come close to death, the designer is pregnant. At Pennimans’ they don’t forget their origins: “Our home is Lebanese. If you are about to cry, you get onto the table, you swing your fist and yell as loud as you can.” Joannie imposes herself as the mother queen of this bonded clan. Her presence and advice do count more than everything, she’s Mika’s shadow.

(the sentence on the pic with sleeping Mel says that: in his office décoré par Gabriel Bernardi. His many instruments left the day before for LA, where he has to refine his next album)

“When I was a child my look was already too weird, with my red trousers and my bow ties. The teachers used to hate me and so did the students. At best, they insulted me. “

Mika don’t trust norms and so do norms toward him. But he waited till summer 2013 to dedicate his song Origin of Love to the man he loves. This 1,91 metres beanpole is at easy in extremity, he whose voice is in a range of 4 octaves. His lyrics usually are serious on ethereal melodies: he transformed his old wounds in successful songs which make the whole world dance

(sentences on the bathroom pic: “When it comes to my homosexuality, my mother did understood it much time ago” An Art deco with elegant details: Mika dooms his fear for the water through an extreme refinement)

“ I’m no romantic guy but I hope I found the love of my life”

You still have 3 sisters and your younger brother, quite a victory after Paloma’s accident…

Mika: This is crazy, surreal. Three years ago my sister Paloma just found a flat close to our place. During her housewarming she lost her balance, fell out of the window and ended up on the railings. The doctors told she couldn’t make it, she wasn’t supposed to walk again. Today, she can walk e she’s pregnant, the baby is waited for may.

How do you get out of such a drama?

Mika: This has bonded our family more than ever and, above all, made us wishing to live our own life, without asking for permissions nor apologize… When we are young we don’t think about how quickly the death can strike. Facing this shocking accident we all realized that. It has a kind of set fire on our lifes. I used to tend to isolate myself in order to protect my creation, but I realized that on the contrary, up there in my tower, I began a creative cancer.

Have Paloma been stuck between life and death for much time?

Mika: Every day, every hour, her life could tumble. We all were helpless. But she managed to find an unbelievable strength. She was amazing. A way more than me. This thing made us grow up. Since her birth, Paloma suffered of a weakness on her left side, she always used to limp. At school, she was exhausted ‘cause she had just one hand available. She always struggled, I admire her very much.

When you were a child, was it difficult to live on an almost totally feminine planet, with your sisters and your mother?

Mika: Yes, it was like a 3 men team against a 12 women team, including my mother, my sisters, my aunts… and no referee! It was reassuring and sometimes pretty frustrating. My obsession was to find my freedom. I knew much early that it would have been the music. When I was a child I wished to work in a theatre, not to be a comedian, but to be a director or a decorator. I loved the idea of theatre, this closed box with no windows. I was charmed by this red and golden sickness (the two colours of Italian theatre) Jean Cocteau used to talk about. I used to be a socially isolated boy.

I was persecuted by other boys about my sexuality. At 8 y.o. I didn’t know anything on the subject, that didn’t belong to my identity. Kids are formidable, they can find their preys and I was on their target. I looked for solutions to get myself out of it, music protected me form that. I used to do a cinema in my head and my songs told all I wanted to.

Edited by Elwendin

1922404_731257640242243_1183491747_n.jpg

This article is really gorgeous!!! :wub2: Can't remember this wonderful photos with all his siblings for ages, if ever. The one above is so adorable, he looks so proud of his suit :teehee: Thank you so much for scans and pics! And patiently waiting for the translation, thank you!

That suit is hands down the ugliest thing he has ever worn, jeezus. :aah: It's so great to see him looking like a normal person in the bathroom. He's been wearing nothing but ridiculous costumes the past year which makes him look like a complete stranger to me.

The house is really beautiful. It's a shame he spends so little time there. It's wonderful to see Paloma looking so well and they are all beautiful of course. I can't believe Fortune is only 21 still. He must have been 14 years old when Mika became famous. No wonder he has changed so much! He looks more like Mika did when he was 21 than Mika does now. It's really remarkable.

Thanks so much for the scans, Lucrezia. And for the early translation, Elwendin! :flowers2:

I can't believe what a lengthy, intimate piece this is. I absolutely love it, of course, but it still surprises me to see it -- I never thought Mika would ever reveal so much. :shocked:

The black cat and the Eiffel Tour are really cool :teehee:

Interesting that we've seen some of Mika's decor already:

The Eiffel Tower lamp

The owl

:naughty:

I can't believe what a lengthy, intimate piece this is. I absolutely love it, of course, but it still surprises me to see it -- I never thought Mika would ever reveal so much. :shocked:

I know. I never thought we would see all this. All five of them together like this. His home. His home is so beautiful, sigh. So weird and beautiful :wub2:

What a nice article. The pictures are gorgeous. So colorful. I love all the strange pieces of art here and there. The cat is awesome. I can't get enough of this family. So lovely and talented. His sisters airways remind me of exotic princesses, and Fortuně has really grown up well. :blush-anim-cl: Will you all throw things at me if I say I love the stripey suit? Possibly I just love it for the fact that no one else could get away with wearing this and not look like a circus clown. I never met a color I didn't like or wouldn't wear, so I guess it just comes naturally. I'm sure this mag will be available at Barnes and Noble, for us Stateside people. Thanks for sharing with us!

Edited by ceebs

I know. I never thought we would see all this. All five of them together like this. His home. His home is so beautiful, sigh. So weird and beautiful :wub2:

:blush-anim-cl: MIKA really has "opened up", and shared much more of his privacy, both through photos and interviews, the last year. His home seems as colorful and artistic as the man living there :wub2: The Eiffel tower photo that Deb enclosed, I loved so much, I had to share it with friends - when it was new - I think I even saved it on my computer - but the black decor cat with the shining eyes we haven't seen before, as far as I know - I wonder what Mel thinks about it ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

:blush-anim-cl: MIKA really has "opened up", and shared much more of his privacy, both through photos and interviews, the last year. His home seems as colorful and artistic as the man living there :wub2: The Eiffel tower photo that Deb enclosed, I loved so much, I had to share it with friends - when it was new - I think I even saved it on my computer - but the black decor cat with the shining eyes we haven't seen before, as far as I know - I wonder what Mel thinks about it ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Our dog would be petrified of the thing. Mel doesn't seem too bothered, though.

[quote name='Nia-MikaHolic']I photoshopped these photos. here are them!
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1901276_731257603575580_73174383_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1/1912531_731257596908914_448348490_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1888652_731257630242244_1281524653_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1795578_731257593575581_1636181732_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1901242_731257626908911_1284712229_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1922404_731257640242243_1183491747_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1/1743724_731257663575574_2047429819_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1618415_731257693575571_240216791_n.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t31/1891358_731257696908904_826081385_o.jp[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]LAST ONE --[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...826081385_o.jpg[/IMG][/B]

Edited by A. Clay

the farthest in time the better :aah:

oh well.....whenever they wish. :blush-anim-cl:

I think secrecy just makes things worse. Just like no one cares about Mika being gay anymore after all that obsession in 2007...so they will also stop caring about this.

I think secrecy just makes things worse. Just like no one cares about Mika being gay anymore after all that obsession in 2007...so they will also stop caring about this.

:blush-anim-cl: I agree - let's get a happy photo of the couple, and everybody will be pleased, and stop talking about it :wub2: But, of course - his partner may not wish to be presented in the media, and that we must respect ...:wink2:

Love,love

me

:blush-anim-cl: I agree - let's get a happy photo of the couple, and everybody will be pleased, and stop talking about it :wub2: But, of course - his partner may not wish to be presented in the media, and that we must respect ...:wink2:

Love,love

me

Yes I respect it and I have no need whatsoever to see a pic of the two of them. :naughty: I just get the sense that there is some fear there and it's unwarranted. It might make life easier for them, that's all. But obviously it's their choice.

Yes I respect it and I have no need whatsoever to see a pic of the two of them. :naughty: I just get the sense that there is some fear there and it's unwarranted. It might make life easier for them, that's all. But obviously it's their choice.

:thumb_yello: Exactly ...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Sylvie if you want to split some of the translation let me know honey , I have free time to we can share if you want :wink2:

Sure, go ahead with that if you enjoy it!

He must have been 14 years old when Mika became famous.

I always wonder how they live this situation, how they feel, how it is to be his sibling.

When it comes to the missing detail, I think their life could get easier 'cause they could be free to be themselves wherever and whenever they want. It must be so exhausting always to hide. But at the same time I can understand that sometimes it's just better to be anonymous. I read some horrible death wishes told to a woman just because she's the wife of an actor....

It can be more though to handle psychofans than to have to hide....

Anyway, we'll see in some years. Time ago he used to say I won't ever talk about Paloma's accident, especially in his songs, whereas now he tells he's willing to.

So he could change his mind when the time will be right for them.

Edited by Elwendin

Thinking about all the hateful post when some people thought Ida could be his partner or remembering reading Tweets which said Dita should die because she kissed him in Brooklyn I think it´s still better not to show his partner at the moment.

I really love the pics, all looks so warm and comfortable.

But at the same time I can understand that sometimes it's just better to be anonymous. I read some horrible death wishes told to a woman just because she's the wife of an actor....

It can be more though to handle psychofans than to have to hide....

But fans don't have any access. It doesn't matter if they know a name or a face or not. In fact I think if people knew some of them might get real and stop tweeting Mika that they plan to marry him. :naughty: I think all his "psycho fans" are female so it's a bit different than being jealous of another woman. It's easy to live in a fantasy world where Mika is available when he always looks like he's available.

Thinking about all the hateful post when some people thought Ida could be his partner or remembering reading Tweets which said Dita should die because she kissed him in Brooklyn I think it´s still better not to show his partner at the moment.

I don't think they'll react the same way to a man and if they do...so what? Who is going to be hurt by it or even notice/care? You can't live your life fearing what some morons on the internet have to say about it. I'm sure Ida and Dita don't give a rat's ass what these people think.