2014 - MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary) 18 May -- REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

Back home in France after a great time in Napoli with Philippe my husband!!!

It's a very nice région and we made tourism (visit of Pompei and the Vesuve!!!)

About the gig: as we arrived at plazza Plebiscito on afternoon, we were a little bit far from the stage but it was cool!

it was great to be there and to see Mika on stage again!!!!:thumb_yello:

here are some pics

during interview by a local radio, just before the gig (just in front of us)

271448naples1.jpg

513248naples2.jpg

560367naples3.jpg

129654naples4.jpg

359880naples5.jpg

962825naples6.jpg

525550naples7.jpg

We were very happy to meet other MFCers after the gig! :) some people took a pic with all the group! can't wait to see it here :)

Thanks for your report and pics Michelle :huglove::huglove:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally at home :sweatdrop:

All that I can say by now is, never again a gig like that. It is logical for some people, italians, who was the first gig they attended find it, special, magical and cute but to be honest I've been at gigs better than the last one, by far. Im very disappointed what he did with Origin of Love, and Lollipop. I understand he sang Stardust and even Lollipop but I cant understand why a song so deeply and with such a special meaning for him had to translate some parts of it...I cant understand and I didnt like it, and I wasnt the only one with that opinion. I had the opportunity to speak with a huge italian fans and they think the same.

I'm absolutely agree with you Alba! :wink2: but i loved his face while he said the Lollipop words in italian :teehee:

The crowd was very awful for what I experienced. I never have lived something like what I did yesterday I almost couldnt breath, move, I was imprisoned literally among people which did push me in a rude way. I thought I couldnt resist but I had to do it. 5 hours of suffering. I know people from the first row were there from early in the morning and had to wait more hours than me but at least they had people just behind them but when you're surrounded by people everywhere, is overwhelming :emot-sad: Families, father, mother with thier kids, poor children, they looked tired, incredible.

On the other hand, I didnt like the singers, bands which performed before Mika, maybe because Im not italian and I didn't know any of them but their music sounded like a strong noise. Even the winner of San Remo, Arisa didnt like me. I was surprised to know how people adores her and how they knew all the lyrics, every line of her songs and in change, at least most of the people surrounding me didnt know the lyrics of Mika's songs, absolutely nothing :shocked: they only sang the chorus like..."we are not what you think we are, we are golden, Love today or Relax Take it easy .."

We, me and the girls who came with me, felt like strangers among those teens and not so teens because we didnt sing Arisa's songs but Mika's songs.

Of course, after all those points I didnt like them and some things that I saw I'm disagree, I enjoyed seeing Mika on stage, where he belongs but it's not the kind of gigs I would like attend in the future.

Ohh, I forgot...some parts was too much candy for me, my taste, they didnt fit with Mika and as I wrote it before, very disappointing for the Origin of love version :mf_rosetinted:

Also me don't like the artists who performed before Mika and I don't know Arisa songs even if I am Italian. Unfortunately the majority of Italian music is not very good :no:

Edited by clara85

my-hero-award today goes toooooo

KUMAZZZ!!!!!

For posting so many pics!

Special mention to Nina and Mine for your pics as well, I love them!!!!

Probably I will use some of them as a wallpaper as soon as I get to the office in half an hour.

I need pics, thousands of them!!!

The crowd was very awful for what I experienced. I never have lived something like what I did yesterday I almost couldnt breath, move, I was imprisoned literally among people which did push me in a rude way. I thought I couldnt resist but I had to do it. 5 hours of suffering. I know people from the first row were there from early in the morning and had to wait more hours than me but at least they had people just behind them but when you're surrounded by people everywhere, is overwhelming :emot-sad: Families, father, mother with thier kids, poor children, they looked tired, incredible.

You haven't been to a gig in Japan :mf_rosetinted::aah: And even the first row was not a safe place :doh: But people wasn't rude - only over excited :) I'm very sorry you had to face experience like this :huglove: I know how it distracts you from the show and spoils impression. That's why I prefer gigs in France, everybody is very polite :) And that's why I prefer small venues!

Edited by Mousetrap

my-hero-award today goes toooooo

KUMAZZZ!!!!!

For posting so many pics!

Special mention to Nina and Mine for your pics as well, I love them!!!!

Probably I will use some of them as a wallpaper as soon as I get to the office in half an hour.

I need pics, thousands of them!!!

happy you love them!

It was very nice to meet you in Napoli! :)

It was very nice to meet you in Napoli! :)

Sorry for not having had enough time to chat properly. It felt like my wedding: too many people to greet and too few time... :doh:

Since the pic of us all is already public on twitter, I suppose that it's fine if I post it here. If not, please tell me and I'll remove it

(and sorry, they are aggressively giant, I don't know how to resize them... if someone is willing to do it, please go ahead)

5HtMhtQ.jpg

aIQbDZU.jpg

Why me and my friends are not in this pic? Noone tell me anything and I'm part of MFC since almost 4 years :blink:

We shouted out loud that we were about to take a pic, and waited a few minutes, no one wanted to exclude you :dunno:

Don't take it personal, come on.

Edit: I've just been told you were already gone.

Edited by Elwendin

Back home in France after a great time in Napoli with Philippe my husband!!!

It's a very nice région and we made tourism (visit of Pompei and the Vesuve!!!)

About the gig: as we arrived at plazza Plebiscito on afternoon, we were a little bit far from the stage but it was cool!

it was great to be there and to see Mika on stage again!!!!:thumb_yello:

here are some pics

during interview by a local radio, just before the gig (just in front of us)

271448naples1.jpg

513248naples2.jpg

560367naples3.jpg

We were very happy to meet other MFCers after the gig! :) some people took a pic with all the group! can't wait to see it here :)

Thank you for the pics! Very glad you had such a great time!

It was a fantastic gig, so wish I could have been there! The energy was incredible, Mika's performances were amazing and I'm so glad that he got such a warm and enthusiastic reaction from the crowd! Absolutely loved Lollipop and Origin of Love with the Italian lyrics, they really made me smile:wub2:

Btw did anyone hear the radio interview?

Edited by Louiza

We shouted out loud that we were about to take a pic, and waited a few minutes, no one wanted to exclude you :dunno:

Don't take it personal, come on.

me and Valeria (WeAreStrong!) escaped as soon as the gig ended because we really needed to go to the toilet :mf_rosetinted: I'm sorry for not having been able to greet you and other fellows MFCers, I hope sometimes (not in a too far future!) there will be more meetings :huglove:

I can't write a proper report at the moment (just back home and the next days will be very busy) but I'd like to answer to Roberta who asked about Naples safety so I totally quote your post, Nina. I was more or less behind you (identikit: short short hair and glasses, we met also this morning in the middle of your ice-cream break :mf_rosetinted:) and yes I have to say that people were pushing and other unpleasant things...but it has nothing to do with the safety of the city, so speaking just about this I had NO problem, of any sort. Sure we stayed in the very center of Naples, other areas may be dangerous (and they are) but I can't say it.

Soooo very nice weekend! And I'm very happy 'cause I had the pleasure to meet some MFCers :wub2:

Oh, thank you so much for the name/face connection!!! I was too shy to ask you name again :naughty: It's was nice to meet you!

Why me and my friends are not in this pic? Noone tell me anything and I'm part of MFC since almost 4 years :blink:

Suddenly I couldn't see you, we didn't even say good bye. I think the pic was taken very quickly before people went different ways, it wasn't any official group pic :dunno: