Mika featured on "Glam Revolution" album

Fmbm

I went to Starbucks today and they had a compilation CD called "Glam Revolution" with Freddie Mercury (:wub2:) on the cover so of course I had to look at the back. Guess who I saw....

Mika!

The CD has "Grace Kelly" on it, though I never really considered Mika to be classified as "Glam." :blink:

It says this inside the booklet:

Flashing back on the heyday of Queen, London-based singer Mika scored an international hit in early 2007 with the gloriously opulent "Grace Kelly." The grandiose production references oth the silver-screen idol who gives it its title and Queen's Freddy (dumbasses) Mercury: "I try to be like Grace Kelly / But all her looks were too sad / So I try a little Freddie / I've gone identity mad!" The man born Mica Penniman managed to get Mercury's piano pulled out of storage so that he could play it on the track, which reached No. 1 on the UK singles chart based solely on downloads.

The tracklist is the following:

1. Queen - "Killer Queen"

2. David Bowie - "Suffragette City"

3. Goldfrapp - "Ooh la la"

4. Mott the Hoople - "All the Young Dudes"

5. Adam & the Ants - "Los Rancheros"

6. Roxy Music - "Love is the Drug"

7. T. Rex - "Jeepster"

8. Mika - "Grace Kelly"

9. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - "Make Me Smile(Come Up and See Me)"

10. The New York Dolls - "Personality Crisis"

11. Placebo - "20th Century Boy"

12. Bryan Ferry - "Slave to Love"

13. 10cc - "Une Nuit a Paris (Part 1) / The Same Night in Paris (Part 2) / Later the Same Night in Paris (Part 3)"

14. Sparks - "Amateur Hour"

15. Sweet - "Ballroom Blitz"

16. Iggy Pop - "Lust For Life"

It's a pretty good compilation and the packaging is awesome:mf_lustslow:

Ironically enough, Fleet Foxes' album was right next to it so I bought that too :naughty:

The cover:

2912743731_674707a64a_o.jpg

It's almost like a pop-up book the way it's packaged.

Yeah....this isn't very exciting news but nothing else is going on so yeah. haha

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Starbucks today and they had a compilation CD called "Glam Revolution" with Freddie Mercury (:wub2:) on the cover so of course I had to look at the back. Guess who I saw....

Mika!

The CD has "Grace Kelly" on it, though I never really considered Mika to be classified as "Glam." :blink:

Flashing back on the heyday of Queen, London-based singer Mika scored an international hit in early 2007 with the gloriously opulent "Grace Kelly." The grandiose production references oth the silver-screen idol who gives it its title and Queen's Freddy (dumbasses) Mercury: "I try to be like Grace Kelly / But all her looks were too sad / So I try a little Freddie / I've gone identity mad!" The man born Mica Penniman managed to get Mercury's piano pulled out of storage so that he could play it on the track, which reached No. 1 on the UK singles chart based solely on downloads.

7. T. Rex - "Jeepster"

8. Mika - "Grace Kelly"

13. 10cc - "Une Nuit a Paris (Part 1) / The Same Night in Paris (Part 2) / Later the Same Night in Paris (Part 3)"

Ironically enough, Fleet Foxes' album was right next to it so I bought that too :naughty:

The cover:

Yeah....this isn't very exciting news but nothing else is going on so yeah. haha

Now I would never have called Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel (afgan coats, not typically glam), or 10cc particularly Glam Rock, but each to their own I guess.

LOS RANCHEROS!

WHAT A SONG!!!

One of the best on Kings Of The Wild Frontier, love that album a lot.

I was at Starbucks this week too, and saw that same CD. :naughty:

I was also a bit surprised that he's considered "glam rock", but he's always the one to go on about how his music can't be pigeon-holed, right?

And as for the piano thing - I thought the true story was the Mika ended up recording some acoustic tracks or B sides or something at a studio where there was a piano that Freddie Mercury had happened to have played at one point.

I think the idea that Mika's life goal is to channel his inner Freddie, and will attain this by diva-like demands to use Freddie's things is just far more interesting. :roftl:

Mika!

7. T. Rex - "Jeepster"

8. Mika - "Grace Kelly"

The cover:

Some great artists! I'm so happy that Mika is there as well.

7. T. Rex - "Jeepster"

8. Mika - "Grace Kelly"

At Starbucks, you say? I have to run over there -- I can't believe it

has Mika on the same CD as Sparks (one of my faves), along

with "Suffragette City" and

one of my all-time favorite songs "Love is the Drug." I gotta get me that

CD! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Mika is not really glam rock but hey! it´s an honour to be around these artists!

They really made a great compilation!

It really is -- my hubby picked it up for me yesterday (I don't get out much :naughty: ) and I'm listening to it now! :)

I really wouldn't classify several of these songs as "glam rock" but still --

it's a fun set of tunes, with the added benefit of having Mika on the CD! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Mika is not really glam rock but hey! it´s an honour to be around these artists!

They really made a great compilation!

Totally agree!

What a strange mixture! And as deb says quite a lot of those aren't glam rock to me.

And nice to see Mika has an album out.

Hope he didn't have to work too hard. :naughty:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Mind, I don't know that it is out in the UK- it certainly hasn't reached Starbucks Middlesbrough.

It really is -- my hubby picked it up for me yesterday (I don't get out much :naughty: ) and I'm listening to it now! :)

I really wouldn't classify several of these songs as "glam rock" but still --

it's a fun set of tunes, with the added benefit of having Mika on the CD! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

Yeah, it´s great music and that´s what matters! :wink2: