Video interview in Italian 'Uno in musica - Mika' @ Skyuno Nov 16 2013

mari62

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice interview indeed. Here is a quick translation.

Cheers

Stefania

I don’t know all Grace Kelly’s movies. I started because of my grandma

(Grace Kelly runs) my grandma had an husband from Siria in Beirut, and then they moved to USA.

She could just speak arabian and the first time they went out for dinner they went with all my granddad’s friends and Grace Kelly was there.

She was speaking a lot and after a while my grandma was very sad and started to cry since she could not understand anything. So the image of Grace Kelly has stayed in my head all my life, since my grandma kept repeating this story all the time.

There was a period where I had lots of problems in the music industry since nobody could imagine a future for me, everybody wanted me to be like Robbie Williams. So one day I went home and I decided I did not want to be like somebody else but I just wanted to be myself. This is the message of this song.

In this moment when I was angry I found the first song of my pop career.

( Now Relax starts)

I don’t like the word “best of”, so I changed it to “songbook”, since in one’s career there are lots of songbooks.

It is a project only for Italy while I am working on the italian X factor challenge.

It is a project that started in Milan, with italian designers. It is the first project I did without my sister, and I think she is a bit jealous.

(now Blame it on the girls starts).

This record is the story of my life. It is like looking at my life and career in a mirror. I cannot listen to my music on the radio, usually I turn it off.

I don’t have a song of my life, since I will be able to say this only when I am in my deathbed.

(now Popular starts)

It is very strange since the video has 38 million views, although we did not put it in the radio. It is very strange.

I made this version since I met Ariana Grande one year ago. She was creating an album alone, and I saw her as a very young talented girl, so I wanted to do something with her.

So I agreed to have this new version with her, although I thought it would not work. And I was wrong.

(now Rain starts)

I am always wrong when something good is going to happen, and becomes fantastic, I am wrong.

This is normal for an artist, since I look at my work without taking any distance.

I don’t want a real distance, I want to stay in this imaginary distance, since this is the most creative one in my opinion.

(Now Stardust starts, the italian version, with Chiara)

I was afraid of recording this song simply because when we had played the song together in X factor on TV we had a good time, and I was afraid the same feeling could not repeat. But we made it, since the record version is quite different.

I love this collaboration and I love Chiara’s voice.

(Underwater is starting now)

Underwater for me is a very pop song, but not a normal pop song.

This song is very artistic. When I was a bit fragile I wrote this song to warm up, to get some power, like a medicine.

I think this is the reason why it had success, since it works for others, not just for me.

It is very hard to communicate with italians (they show him now in some X factor episodes).

I want to speak like Elio.

Morgan is like oxygen with fire.

Elio has helped me a lot.

(then they show him when he introduces “Friday I am in love” to Violetta, and she does not know the song. Then they show more X factor videos.).

It is not fair since Morgan is working only with two, while I have four, and they are good but I need lots of time to work with them.

They are very young and maybe I am too hard with them, but that is the education I am used to.

I don’t like that singers change just for the pressure of the public, so I want to be hard.

(Now Lollipop starts)

What I like the best of italian culture is the food culture, since food is the most important thing in life, together with music.

Food is what gives me the desire to wake up in the morning.

It is an happy culture, anarchic, that works.

I come from a big family. Last summer we were 48 people from my family during the holidays. In France they would be afraid of such a group, but in italy they are used. There is a connection between my libanese culture and italian culture, this is why I feel comfortable with Italian culture.

(Now big girl)

I am not so interested on fashion, I am interested on style. I am afraid of fashion.

It is important to have a mix of very expensive and very cheap thing. Like a 6 dollars t-shirt from the US with a Valentino jacket, not to be like a credit card. It is very easy to enter a store and say “ok I want this, 5000 euros, like a doll”.

(Now Happy ending)

There are many things I would like to do. My life is weird. I work in France, Italy, USA.

I would have never imagined so many things. Japan, Korea….

This is for me is the most important thing. When life does not change I cannot find inspiration, and when I do not find inspiration I cannot write songs, since for me the most important is music and find inspiration to write songs.

I am completely obsessed with the idea of an album. I know that now it is not considered important now, but for me an album is a consideration of my life in the past two years.

I want that when I am 80 years old I can look at my past life with albums every two or three years with design, illustrations, melodies, stories, illustrations, characters. This is my biggest ambition.

(Now Love today)

I want also to be the direction of an opera, write a musical comedy my way, draw lots of books, write many stories, I want to do many things.

Completely random.

I always prepare like crazy, then when I have to do something I am “casual”.

Thankyou so much! I almost missed this translation haha

Nice interview indeed. Here is a quick translation.

Cheers

Stefania

I don’t know all Grace Kelly’s movies. I started because of my grandma

(Grace Kelly runs) my grandma had an husband from Siria in Beirut, and then they moved to USA.

She could just speak arabian and the first time they went out for dinner they went with all my granddad’s friends and Grace Kelly was there.

She was speaking a lot and after a while my grandma was very sad and started to cry since she could not understand anything. So the image of Grace Kelly has stayed in my head all my life, since my grandma kept repeating this story all the time.

There was a period where I had lots of problems in the music industry since nobody could imagine a future for me, everybody wanted me to be like Robbie Williams. So one day I went home and I decided I did not want to be like somebody else but I just wanted to be myself. This is the message of this song.

In this moment when I was angry I found the first song of my pop career.

( Now Relax starts)

I don’t like the word “best of”, so I changed it to “songbook”, since in one’s career there are lots of songbooks.

It is a project only for Italy while I am working on the italian X factor challenge.

It is a project that started in Milan, with italian designers. It is the first project I did without my sister, and I think she is a bit jealous.

(now Blame it on the girls starts).

This record is the story of my life. It is like looking at my life and career in a mirror. I cannot listen to my music on the radio, usually I turn it off.

I don’t have a song of my life, since I will be able to say this only when I am in my deathbed.

(now Popular starts)

It is very strange since the video has 38 million views, although we did not put it in the radio. It is very strange.

I made this version since I met Ariana Grande one year ago. She was creating an album alone, and I saw her as a very young talented girl, so I wanted to do something with her.

So I agreed to have this new version with her, although I thought it would not work. And I was wrong.

(now Rain starts)

I am always wrong when something good is going to happen, and becomes fantastic, I am wrong.

This is normal for an artist, since I look at my work without taking any distance.

I don’t want a real distance, I want to stay in this imaginary distance, since this is the most creative one in my opinion.

(Now Stardust starts, the italian version, with Chiara)

I was afraid of recording this song simply because when we had played the song together in X factor on TV we had a good time, and I was afraid the same feeling could not repeat. But we made it, since the record version is quite different.

I love this collaboration and I love Chiara’s voice.

(Underwater is starting now)

Underwater for me is a very pop song, but not a normal pop song.

This song is very artistic. When I was a bit fragile I wrote this song to warm up, to get some power, like a medicine.

I think this is the reason why it had success, since it works for others, not just for me.

It is very hard to communicate with italians (they show him now in some X factor episodes).

I want to speak like Elio.

Morgan is like oxygen with fire.

Elio has helped me a lot.

(then they show him when he introduces “Friday I am in love” to Violetta, and she does not know the song. Then they show more X factor videos.).

It is not fair since Morgan is working only with two, while I have four, and they are good but I need lots of time to work with them.

They are very young and maybe I am too hard with them, but that is the education I am used to.

I don’t like that singers change just for the pressure of the public, so I want to be hard.

(Now Lollipop starts)

What I like the best of italian culture is the food culture, since food is the most important thing in life, together with music.

Food is what gives me the desire to wake up in the morning.

It is an happy culture, anarchic, that works.

I come from a big family. Last summer we were 48 people from my family during the holidays. In France they would be afraid of such a group, but in italy they are used. There is a connection between my libanese culture and italian culture, this is why I feel comfortable with Italian culture.

(Now big girl)

I am not so interested on fashion, I am interested on style. I am afraid of fashion.

It is important to have a mix of very expensive and very cheap thing. Like a 6 dollars t-shirt from the US with a Valentino jacket, not to be like a credit card. It is very easy to enter a store and say “ok I want this, 5000 euros, like a doll”.

(Now Happy ending)

There are many things I would like to do. My life is weird. I work in France, Italy, USA.

I would have never imagined so many things. Japan, Korea….

This is for me is the most important thing. When life does not change I cannot find inspiration, and when I do not find inspiration I cannot write songs, since for me the most important is music and find inspiration to write songs.

I am completely obsessed with the idea of an album. I know that now it is not considered important now, but for me an album is a consideration of my life in the past two years.

I want that when I am 80 years old I can look at my past life with albums every two or three years with design, illustrations, melodies, stories, illustrations, characters. This is my biggest ambition.

(Now Love today)

I want also to be the direction of an opera, write a musical comedy my way, draw lots of books, write many stories, I want to do many things.

Completely random.

I always prepare like crazy, then when I have to do something I am “casual”.

Thanks~!!! I like especially future plan of him:mikalove:

• 3 weeks later...

It's a gift to me that Mika will release next year 2014 new album !!! Each time I love a new Mika songs !!! I didn't know it

:blink: but after I really love them I have so many different songs of Mika in My MP3 and I passed a lot of time listening them

Mika is always on my mind

♥♥♥

---> Sala La Riviera Madrid 23/06/2013 <---

:shocked::group_hug:

• 5 weeks later...

From the other thread, just to keep all info together :)

http://arte.sky.it/temi/serata-mika-il-re-delle-star/

Una serata con Mika, il re delle star

Mika_ritratti-1-620x388.jpg

OK, so this is tonight! :)

Mika Night

Mercoledì 29 gennaio – dalle ore 21.10

An Evening with Mika, King of the Stars.

Sounds like it will be an interview with him in his home. :thumb_yello:

Tra i suoi fan può annoverare anche un premio Nobel per la letteratura – il geniale Dario Fo – segno che la sua musica sa coinvolgere e affascinare davvero chiunque, in un mix energico di ritmo e melodia, nell’incontro riuscito tra un sound ricercato e raffinato e armonie dalla travolgente anima pop. È la star del momento Mika: istrionico a modo suo, sempre limpido e solare. Un’icona del nostro tempo, che si racconta in modo mai così esclusivo su Sky Arte HD.

Among his fans he can count even the Nobel prize winner for literature -- the brilliant Dario Fo -- a sign that his music knows how to engage and fascinate nearly everyone, in an energetic mix of rhythm and melody, in the successful meeting between a sound sophisticated and refined, and harmonies of overwhelming pop spirit. He is the star of the moment, Mika: histrionic in his way, always bright and sunny. An icon of our time, who tells his story like this exclusively on Sky Arte HD.

La star ci invita nella pacata serenità della sua casa, come per una chiacchierata tra vecchi amici. Una lunga intervista a viso aperto, senza tabù e senza ritrosie, per affrontare i passaggi della sua esplosiva carriera internazionale, il rapporto con i fan e il successo; passando dai primi singoli fino alla recente pubblicazione di Songbook n°1 , l’album che raccoglie la prima parte di una carriera destinata ad essere lunga e fortunata.

The star invites us into the calm serenity of his home, as if for a chat between old friends. A long and open interview, without taboos and without reticence, in order to address the passages of his explosive international career, the relationship with his fans, and his success; spanning from the first singles until the recent publication of his Songbook No. 1, the album that brings together the first part of a career destined to be long and lucky.

Elegante, ospitale, tranquillissimo: Mika davvero non sembra lo stesso uomo che scarica sul palco la forza adrenalinica della migliore rockstar, lasciando senza fiato un pubblico in visibilio. Dopo essersi messo a nudo e aver condiviso la sua filosofia di vita, eccolo vestire i panni del camaleontico intrattenitore e guadagnare uno degli stage più affascinanti d’Europa. Le telecamere lo seguono al Parco dei Principi di Parigi per uno show indimenticabile.

Elegant, hospitable, and very quiet: Mika really does not seem to be the same man who unleashes on stage the adrenalin-induced strength of the best rockstar, leaving his audience breathless. After baring himself and having shared his philosphy of life, he assumes the role of the chameleon entertainer and earns one of the most fascinating internships of Europe. The camera follows him to Parc des Princes in Paris for an unforgettable show.

Coreografie mozzafiato quelle scatenate da Mika, irrefrenabile e incontenibile nell’agitarsi tra acrobati spericolati e splendide ballerine, in un’esplosione energica di colore: il palco, inglobato in un sorridente volto da clown, diventa scatola magica nella quale sfilano personaggi da sogno. Ai suoi piedi sono quasi 60mila i fan che si scatenano sulle note di Relax, Take It Easy e di Grace Kelly ; fino al tripudio della cover di Just Can’t Get Enough dei Depeche Mode.

Breathtaking choreography unleashed by Mika, unstoppable and uncontrollable in throwing himself between dangerous acrobats and beautiful ballerinas, in an energetic explosion of of color: The stage, engulfed in a smiling face of a clown, becomes a magic box through which file the people of a dream. At his feet are about 60,000 fans who go crazy at the notes of Relax, Take It Easy and Grace Kelly, until the jubilation of the cover of Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode.

La curiosità – Attinge agli Anni Ottanta Mika, che non nasconde – anzi esplicita – la sua devozione per Freddie Mercury, e nei credits del suo primo singolo di successo svela in modo trasparente i suoi riferimenti. La linea melodica di Relax, Take It Easy è costruita ascoltando (I Just) Died In Your Arms dei Cutting Crew.

Curiously -- Mika draws on the '80s, which he doesn't hide -- rather he's explicit -- his devotion for Freddie Mercury, and in the credits of his first successful single reveals transparently his references. The melody line of Relax Take it Easy is constructed around hearing (I Just) Died in Your Arms by Cutting Crew.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you DerMoment!

in case you just want to watch without downloading, here's another link

PS: the video of the download link is much better quality

here is the full interview :)

EDIT: unfortunately quality isn't excellent, since it's filmed from TV

Links in the first post have been updated :thumb_yello:

Here you are: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3SVEDpwe-mRSEpYdkRSRERZODA/edit?usp=sharing :thumb_yello:

Password for unzipping is "Underwater".

Thank you DerMoment!

in case you just want to watch without downloading, here's another link

PS: the video of the download link is much better quality

Links in the first post have been updated :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much :huglove:

• 8 months later...