"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I love Mika's demos, I really think they're amazing. I was very happy to know that Overrated will be on the 3rd album, and there's another one that I love as much as Overrated (won't mention it here as we're not supposed to be allowed to talk about demos on the MFC :().

I hope Overrated will be very similar as it's on the demo, with the sad lyrics, Mika's amazing voice in falsetto and not much more than the piano. But, as someone said before, if they turn it into a huge ballad, I'd love it anyway. What I definetely don't want is that he makes it electronic because it worked out very well with Rain, but it would ruin Overrated, IMO.

I agree. Less is more.

I thought it would be a good idea to post all the things that we know so far about the album and gather them in one thread. I saw this in "Not everything needs a thread" and I thought "But new album does need one", don't you think?

I'm quite busy right now, but I'll post some pieces of the puzzle later. Feel free to post anything you know about it so far.

We definitely know some titles:

Make You Happy

Underwater http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26250

Kill Me On The Dancefloor

Overrated

China Boy

Love You When I'm Drunk

The Origin Of Love

82, rue des Martyrs (Karen)http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26008

Step With Me

Oh i miss Blame it on the weather??:mikalove:

And this is another unofficial lsit of songs for TOOL on Mika Fan Club Peru facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=202507723194250&set=a.200409486737407.38283.191723537606002&type=3&theater

If that list is right, Blame it on the weather would be in TOOL

and there's another unofficial list of the titles a very devoted fan made based on Mika's twits and other info he found online

(as found on mikawebsite.com)

Kill Me On The Dancefloor

Mika / Martin Johnson / Shea Taylor

Underwater

Mika / Nick Littlemore / Paul Steel

The Origin Of Love

Mika / Nick Littlemore / Paul Steel

Make You Happy

Mika / Benjamin Garrett

Lola

Mika / Benjamin Garrett

Shadows

Mika / Benjamin Garrett

China Boy

Mika / Benjamin Garrett

Overrated

Mika

Step With Me

Mika / Hillary Lindsey

She Tells Me

Mika / Jodi Marr

Live Your Life

Mika / Steve Robson / Wayne Anthony Hector

Cry A Little

Mika / Steve Robson / Wayne Anthony Hector

Et 2 bonus que nous connaissons déjà :

Elle Me Dit

Mika / Doriand

Karen (82, rue des Martyrs)

Mika / Doriand

list made by a fan called Stephane on

mikawebsite.com

Edited by crazyaboutmika

And this is another unofficial lsit of songs for TOOL on Mika Fan Club Peru facebook page

.....If that list is right, Blame it on the weather would be in TOOL

and there's another unofficial list of the titles a very devoted fan made....

There is no news here but even less up-to date info than already posted on MFC. :dunno:

Everyone is guessing at this stage and most people are guessing what others have posted on this thread earlier. :wink2:

There is no news here but even less up-to date info than already posted on MFC. :dunno:

Everyone is guessing at this stage and most people are guessing what others have posted on this thread earlier. :wink2:

That's right... We will have to wait... :mikasweat:

• 3 weeks later...

I think this tweet belongs here in any way :blush-anim-cl: he's talking about his new record :naughty:

Mika official @mikasounds

Big up to my rave dog. She is listening to my new record :wink2:

Ar_6qw9CQAAf0Gv.jpg

I can't believe it's already May (of 2012!) and we basically know nothing about this record. No release date, no first (international) single, no songs previews.. NOTHING :shocked:

I can't believe it's already May (of 2012!) and we basically know nothing about this record. No release date, no first (international) single, no songs previews.. NOTHING :shocked:

Yeah! :sneaky2: just Melachi has heard the record totally finished :mf_rosetinted: that's not fair and we are :wait:

We will see what happens...

Yeah! :sneaky2: just Melachi has heard the record totally finished :mf_rosetinted: that's not fair and we are :wait:

I just can't understand what he is waiting for, if the album is finished (I'm not so sure about that). Shouldn't he start promoting it already? :wait:

I just can't understand what he is waiting for, if the album is finished (I'm not so sure about that). Shouldn't he start promoting it already? :wait:

:wait: --> is the perfect smiley!!!!

he keeps babbling how long he´s ben workingon it, and that it´s basicly ready... but he´s not sharing aaaaaaaaanything with us... mayb he just fells like teasing us?:mf_rosetinted:

:dunno: if he does not start this promoting this month or next before those festivals I do not expect the album until September..but I don't know what to think and say :mf_rosetinted:

:wait: --> is the perfect smiley!!!!

he keeps babbling how long he´s ben workingon it, and that it´s basicly ready... but he´s not sharing aaaaaaaaanything with us... mayb he just fells like teasing us?:mf_rosetinted:

Don't forget he also loves to say "I can't wait to share it all with you" :sneaky2: The longer he takes to release this album, the bigger expectations I have.. And I start to fear that soon it will be impossible for this album to meet the expectations I have :sad:

:dunno: if he does not start this promoting this month or next before those festivals I do not expect the album until September..but I don't know what to think and say :mf_rosetinted:

I think so too :sad:

And if he's gonna do the Marie-Antoinette set with the same old songs, I'm gonna kill myself :pinkbow:

What if it's all a LIE.

No, I know it's not, I hope it comes out soon, but the most important thing is - I hope it's good and I hope people will like it. :pinkbow:

I don't even care about waiting anymore.

What if it's all a LIE.

No, I know it's not, I hope it comes out soon, but the most important thing is - I hope it's good and I hope people will like it. :pinkbow:

With Mika everything is possible :mf_rosetinted:

What if it's all a LIE.

it's a MIKATRUTH :mikacool:

I think so too :sad:

And if he's gonna do the Marie-Antoinette set with the same old songs, I'm gonna kill myself :pinkbow:

I hope and wishing he delights us with some of his new songs at those summer festivals, a little bit of taste about TOOL :wub2:

I hope and wishing he delights us with some of his new songs at those summer festivals, a little bit of taste about TOOL :wub2:

It's probably too much to ask, but I still hope he will release this album before all the festivals :blush-anim-cl: