Video interview in Italian 'Uno in musica - Mika' @ Skyuno Nov 16 2013

mari62

here is the full interview :)

Thank you so much Marina!!! :wink2:

He's amazing!!!Every time I see him, I'm surprised at how good he is with the Italian!

And his smile ... awww.. :swoon:

Grazie mille Marina! :flowers2:

Edited by Isabella77

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know if the following link has already been posted.

Mika expressed a few days ago a precise wish for his next shows in Italy.

A prestigious venue, the Arena in Verona.

Pls tell me if you manage to see this short video, it's very nice.

http://www.larena.it/stories/Home/590965_mika_appello_allarena_vorrei_cantare_allanfiteatro_di_verona_video/

:wub2: Awww - this is so cute, didn't see it earlier, thank you - but yes, I read about plans for Verona Arena! :thumb_yello: When his plan for XF job was discussed, I predicted a big and amazing concert afterwards, for example in an ancient part of Rome, if given permission :blush-anim-cl: This Verona Arena plan sounds fantastic - and I think it would be the best opportunity, and reason, for a new trip to Italy...:teehee:

Love,love

me

A show in Verona sounds amazing, but he also said over a year ago he would be doing a week long residency in Paris or Lyon, which still hasn't happened.

So I wait with interest to see when either of these events happen

A show in Verona sounds amazing, but he also said over a year ago he would be doing a week long residency in Paris or Lyon, which still hasn't happened.

So I wait with interest to see when either of these events happen

:blush-anim-cl: May be both will take place during next year :teehee: - It's soon time for The Voice, France - and thereby a new charm offensive towards a defendsless French population ...:aah:

Love,love

me

It was a nice interview and portrait :thumb_yello: I love how he says "Ho tante cose che voglio fare, tanti sogni che voglio realizzare" ("I have many things I want to do, many dreams I want to accomplish")

Hope your arm didn't feel like falling of after holding the camera steady for the whole time :aah:

Edited by DerMoment1608

EDIT: unfortunately quality isn't excellent, since it's filmed from TV

Grazie mille Marina :flowers2: I'm glad I understood everything, his italian is so understandable, sometimes it's like he's speaking my language :wub2:

It was a nice interview and portrait :thumb_yello: I love how he says "Ho tante cose che voglio fare, tanti sogni che voglio realizzare" ("I have many things I want to do, many dreams I want to accomplish")

Hope your arm didn't feel like falling of after holding the camera steady for the whole time :aah:

hubby used a tripod to film :D

Grazie mille Marina :flowers2: I'm glad I understood everything, his italian is so understandable, sometimes it's like he's speaking my language :wub2:
equal Grazie milles Marina for longe enterviews..:mikasweat:

EDIT: unfortunately quality isn't excellent, since it's filmed from TV

That was wonderful! I loved how they showed Mika performing and the music videos. It will have given the viewers a view of the whole variety of Mika's talents. Thank you Mari, for posting.

Edit: I've just also seen the short video about the Verona arena show. Thanks again!!

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I'm uploading the video on dailymotion :wink2:

Thanks a million, Marina.

And don't worry about the quality, it's good! :D

Love the summary, will there be a full translation?

If none of the Italian fans translates it, I will try it myself in a couple of days (you know I don't speak Italian, but I understand quite a lot, so I will try to do it as accurate as possible :P)

DM me if I forget :huglove:

Can we get a detailed translation please :teehee:

Nice interview indeed. Here is a quick translation.

Cheers

Stefania

I don’t know all Grace Kelly’s movies. I started because of my grandma

(Grace Kelly runs) my grandma had an husband from Siria in Beirut, and then they moved to USA.

She could just speak arabian and the first time they went out for dinner they went with all my granddad’s friends and Grace Kelly was there.

She was speaking a lot and after a while my grandma was very sad and started to cry since she could not understand anything. So the image of Grace Kelly has stayed in my head all my life, since my grandma kept repeating this story all the time.

There was a period where I had lots of problems in the music industry since nobody could imagine a future for me, everybody wanted me to be like Robbie Williams. So one day I went home and I decided I did not want to be like somebody else but I just wanted to be myself. This is the message of this song.

In this moment when I was angry I found the first song of my pop career.

( Now Relax starts)

I don’t like the word “best of”, so I changed it to “songbook”, since in one’s career there are lots of songbooks.

It is a project only for Italy while I am working on the italian X factor challenge.

It is a project that started in Milan, with italian designers. It is the first project I did without my sister, and I think she is a bit jealous.

(now Blame it on the girls starts).

This record is the story of my life. It is like looking at my life and career in a mirror. I cannot listen to my music on the radio, usually I turn it off.

I don’t have a song of my life, since I will be able to say this only when I am in my deathbed.

(now Popular starts)

It is very strange since the video has 38 million views, although we did not put it in the radio. It is very strange.

I made this version since I met Ariana Grande one year ago. She was creating an album alone, and I saw her as a very young talented girl, so I wanted to do something with her.

So I agreed to have this new version with her, although I thought it would not work. And I was wrong.

(now Rain starts)

I am always wrong when something good is going to happen, and becomes fantastic, I am wrong.

This is normal for an artist, since I look at my work without taking any distance.

I don’t want a real distance, I want to stay in this imaginary distance, since this is the most creative one in my opinion.

(Now Stardust starts, the italian version, with Chiara)

I was afraid of recording this song simply because when we had played the song together in X factor on TV we had a good time, and I was afraid the same feeling could not repeat. But we made it, since the record version is quite different.

I love this collaboration and I love Chiara’s voice.

(Underwater is starting now)

Underwater for me is a very pop song, but not a normal pop song.

This song is very artistic. When I was a bit fragile I wrote this song to warm up, to get some power, like a medicine.

I think this is the reason why it had success, since it works for others, not just for me.

It is very hard to communicate with italians (they show him now in some X factor episodes).

I want to speak like Elio.

Morgan is like oxygen with fire.

Elio has helped me a lot.

(then they show him when he introduces “Friday I am in love” to Violetta, and she does not know the song. Then they show more X factor videos.).

It is not fair since Morgan is working only with two, while I have four, and they are good but I need lots of time to work with them.

They are very young and maybe I am too hard with them, but that is the education I am used to.

I don’t like that singers change just for the pressure of the public, so I want to be hard.

(Now Lollipop starts)

What I like the best of italian culture is the food culture, since food is the most important thing in life, together with music.

Food is what gives me the desire to wake up in the morning.

It is an happy culture, anarchic, that works.

I come from a big family. Last summer we were 48 people from my family during the holidays. In France they would be afraid of such a group, but in italy they are used. There is a connection between my libanese culture and italian culture, this is why I feel comfortable with Italian culture.

(Now big girl)

I am not so interested on fashion, I am interested on style. I am afraid of fashion.

It is important to have a mix of very expensive and very cheap thing. Like a 6 dollars t-shirt from the US with a Valentino jacket, not to be like a credit card. It is very easy to enter a store and say “ok I want this, 5000 euros, like a doll”.

(Now Happy ending)

There are many things I would like to do. My life is weird. I work in France, Italy, USA.

I would have never imagined so many things. Japan, Korea….

This is for me is the most important thing. When life does not change I cannot find inspiration, and when I do not find inspiration I cannot write songs, since for me the most important is music and find inspiration to write songs.

I am completely obsessed with the idea of an album. I know that now it is not considered important now, but for me an album is a consideration of my life in the past two years.

I want that when I am 80 years old I can look at my past life with albums every two or three years with design, illustrations, melodies, stories, illustrations, characters. This is my biggest ambition.

(Now Love today)

I want also to be the direction of an opera, write a musical comedy my way, draw lots of books, write many stories, I want to do many things.

Completely random.

I always prepare like crazy, then when I have to do something I am “casual”.

Edited by stefa

Cheers

Stefania

(Grace Kelly runs) my grandma had an husband from Siria in Beirut, and then they moved to USA.

She could just speak arabian and the first time they went out for dinner they went with all my granddad’s friends and Grace Kelly was there.

She was speaking a lot and after a while my grandma was very sad and started to cry since she could not understand anything. So the image of Grace Kelly has stayed in my head all my life, since my grandma kept repeating this story all the time.

There was a period where I had lots of problems in the music industry since nobody could imagine a future for me, everybody wanted me to be like Robbie Williams. So one day I went home and I decided I did not want to be like somebody else but I just wanted to be myself. This is the message of this song.

( Now Relax starts)

I don’t like the word “best of”, so I changed it to “songbook”, since in one’s career there are lots of songbooks.

It is a project only for Italy while I am working on the italian X factor challenge.

It is a project that started in Milan, with italian designers. It is the first project I did without my sister, and I think she is a bit jealous.

This record is the story of my life. It is like looking at my life and career in a mirror. I cannot listen to my music on the radio, usually I turn it off.

I don’t have a song of my life, since I will be able to say this only when I am in my deathbed.

(now Popular starts)

It is very strange since the video has 38 million views, although we did not put it in the radio. It is very strange.

I made this version since I met Ariana Grande one year ago. She was creating an album alone, and I saw her as a very young talented girl, so I wanted to do something with her.

So I agreed to have this new version with her, although I thought it would not work. And I was wrong.

(now Rain starts)

I am always wrong when something good is going to happen, and becomes fantastic, I am wrong.

This is normal for an artist, since I look at my work without taking any distance.

I don’t want a real distance, I want to stay in this imaginary distance, since this is the most creative one in my opinion.

I was afraid of recording this song simply because when we had played the song together in X factor on TV we had a good time, and I was afraid the same feeling could not repeat. But we made it, since the record version is quite different.

This song is very artistic. When I was a bit fragile I wrote this song to warm up, to get some power, like a medicine.

I think this is the reason why it had success, since it works for others, not just for me.

It is very hard to communicate with italians (they show him now in some X factor episodes).

(then they show him when he introduces “Friday I am in love” to Violetta, and she does not know the song. Then they show more X factor videos.).

It is not fair since Morgan is working only with two, while I have four, and they are good but I need lots of time to work with them.

They are very young and maybe I am too hard with them, but that is the education I am used to.

I don’t like that singers change just for the pressure of the public, so I want to be hard.

(Now Lollipop starts)

What I like the best of italian culture is the food culture, since food is the most important thing in life, together with music.

I come from a big family. Last summer we were 48 people from my family during the holidays. In France they would be afraid of such a group, but in italy they are used. There is a connection between my libanese culture and italian culture, this is why I feel comfortable with Italian culture.

(Now big girl)

I am not so interested on fashion, I am interested on style. I am afraid of fashion.

It is important to have a mix of very expensive and very cheap thing. Like a 6 dollars t-shirt from the US with a Valentino jacket, not to be like a credit card. It is very easy to enter a store and say “ok I want this, 5000 euros, like a doll”.

(Now Happy ending)

There are many things I would like to do. My life is weird. I work in France, Italy, USA.

This is for me is the most important thing. When life does not change I cannot find inspiration, and when I do not find inspiration I cannot write songs, since for me the most important is music and find inspiration to write songs.

I am completely obsessed with the idea of an album. I know that now it is not considered important now, but for me an album is a consideration of my life in the past two years.

I want that when I am 80 years old I can look at my past life with albums every two or three years with design, illustrations, melodies, stories, illustrations, characters. This is my biggest ambition.

(Now Love today)

I want also to be the direction of an opera, write a musical comedy my way, draw lots of books, write many stories, I want to do many things.

Completely random.

Thanks so much! :flowers2:

Cheers

Stefania

( Now Relax starts)

(now Popular starts)

(now Rain starts)

(Now Lollipop starts)

(Now big girl)

(Now Happy ending)

(Now Love today)

Completely random.

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot for your translation - well done!! :huglove:

I love this interview - mostly because of his future plans for new music, but also for the other creative stuff - sounds promising ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

Cheers

Stefania

( Now Relax starts)

(now Popular starts)

(now Rain starts)

(Now Lollipop starts)

(Now big girl)

(Now Happy ending)

(Now Love today)

Completely random.

Thank you:thumb_yello:

Thank you:thumb_yello:

You are all very welcome! I liked how they edited the interview with the different videos. I do not write much here, but I follow the posts and I really like this community.

Cheers

Stefania

Have you already published the link of Mika's interview on Occupy Deejay? If not, I can give it to you.

By the way, that's the very first time in my life I'm happy with my useless italian

PS Grandissima Marina!

That was wonderful! I loved how they showed Mika performing and the music videos. It will have given the viewers a view of the whole variety of Mika's talents. Thank you Mari, for posting.

Edit: I've just also seen the short video about the Verona arena show. Thanks again!!

:thumb_yello: Totally agree, it's perfect for those who get to know Mika through X Factor, it gives a good view of his music and hopefully it will let them love his music too

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot for your translation - well done!! :huglove:

I love this interview - mostly because of his future plans for new music, but also for the other creative stuff - sounds promising ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

I also say thanks for the translation.

I love the idea of Mika doing different things. He has many talents and I'm glad he's not just going to do the music. The music is important of course, but other things can promote and inspire the music. If, for example, he writes a musical, he'll probably do the whole thing. He'll write the story, design the sets and costumes (possibly with other family members or friends involved) and that will inspire the music he writes. It's all becoming so exciting to be a fan of this awesome man, who will one day be hailed as the world's most unique star.

I also say thanks for the translation.

I love the idea of Mika doing different things. He has many talents and I'm glad he's not just going to do the music. The music is important of course, but other things can promote and inspire the music. If, for example, he writes a musical, he'll probably do the whole thing. He'll write the story, design the sets and costumes (possibly with other family members or friends involved) and that will inspire the music he writes. It's all becoming so exciting to be a fan of this awesome man, who will one day be hailed as the world's most unique star.

:thumb_yello: I totally agree - MIKA is the complete artist!! :wub2: He can play all the artistic strings there are - so YES, he'll take the whole world in his hands ... :mikadas:

Love,love

me