Mika Live@Home April 30 2010

Louiza

Thank you for posting and for the translation Lilstar!! :wub2:

My French isn't good enough to understand everything he says, so it's very helpful:thumb_yello:

I thought they were plastic flowers too!:teehee:

youre welcome :huglove:

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I finally got round to watching this. Fasionably late and all that :blush-anim-cl:.

I loved it :wub2:. I really, really enjoyed watching this.

But, I have to say, that as much as I love One Foot Boy, this wasn't one of the songs that I most enjoyed here.

I loved WAG (except for the falsetto parts, that I found too screechy, as opposed to well sung), but I absolutely adored the lower tones of it, and the way he subtly changed it. I also LOVEEEEED Relax, and how he did the end, where it picks up again, in the same way that he does it at proper gigs.

Also loved Billy Brown and ToyBoy, and Blame It On The Girls.

I totally don't care about Grace Kelly in french, it does nothing for me. I do love it when he sings a proper French song (ie, not his own song translated to French) so I did thoroughly enjoy that Barbara one......

All in all, I loved this. I loved the relaxed vibe of it, the way he seemed to be genuinely enjoying it, and the way the band were also looking so tight and supportive. They seem very cohesive, pretty much a unit.

I know that I've said it a hundred times, but I absolutely adore the way Imma does vocals for him.She sounds heavenly, and they just seem to have this perfect understanding....I really, really think that she's the best he's ever had. Sorry to Martin, I love him, but I didn't like his backing vocals here AT ALL :blink:. Again, too screechy and high pitched. Imma is just perfect.

Anyway, that was my review of this thing, for anyone who cares :roftl:.

Oh I loved One Foot Boy, go put yourself in the naughty corner Sara! :sneaky2: Though I'd have preferred it if he actually sung the right words :roftl:

And you didn't review Love Today! That song was electric!!

As for Martin, I love the vocals he does for Love Today :roftl: "Love LoooOVE!!" :roftl: But I agree with iMMa, she's lovely :wub2: Shame Jimmy didn't get much camera time.

I watch it for the 8th time or someting now. Those versions of the songs are so powerful!

Love Today is eclectic with all those different tunes and voices and Mikas piano part!

And Relax: Wow, I can't get enough of that end part!

I also love the jokes and extra things in the video:wub2:

Dang!! I knew I was forgetting something! :insane:

Love Today :naughty:. Yes, I really enjoyed that one, it was a really, really good version of it. Very electric indeed.

About OFB, sorry, but it didn't do it for me. Maybe it's cause I'm spoiled and I actually heard better versions of it, during the NA tour, and also when he sung it in front of us during the Toronto rehearsals, but this time I found that he was straining his voice singing the hight notes and that he wasn't singing it properly :dunno:

Love Today :naughty:. Yes, I really enjoyed that one, it was a really, really good version of it. Very electric indeed.

About OFB, sorry, but it didn't do it for me. Maybe it's cause I'm spoiled and I actually heard better versions of it, during the NA tour, and also when he sung it in front of us during the Toronto rehearsals, but this time I found that he was straining his voice singing the hight notes and that he wasn't singing it properly :dunno:

Yeah the "One Foot Boy!" notes weren't his best :naughty: And the whole song was sung in a higher key, but I prefer it that way lol. Tbh I wasn't greatly fond of the OFB live version in Canada, I felt like he was trying to fit in all the layers at once and didn't know what parts to sing/stick to :roftl: I like this version because it's more simple.

Yeah the "One Foot Boy!" notes weren't his best :naughty: And the whole song was sung in a higher key, but I prefer it that way lol. Tbh I wasn't greatly fond of the OFB live version in Canada, I felt like he was trying to fit in all the layers at once and didn't know what parts to sing/stick to :roftl: I like this version because it's more simple.

Oh, I'm all for simple; Simple is great. What I don't like is, if he doesn't sing properly and just screams, which is what I find he's doing here :dunno:

Any high note is not good; It needs to be 'the' note, or at least he needs to project the voice properly. This sounds too 'rushed' and nasal and just not properly sung, IMHO.

I loved the version that he did in the North American tour, even though he had all the layers. Singing the same way that he did there but minust some layers would be perfect :wub2:.

You are so spoiled indeed!:shun:

:naughty:

I've always loved this song but when he sings it on stage or in the album version it's hard to hear with all the "layers"!

I totally fell in love with this version!:fangurl:

NEW VID!!!

Mika and makeup!!!(say that 5 times fast :P)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=389445811225&ref=mf

Translation: (im working hard with all these vids!!!:teehee: )

Guy that does Mika's Makeup: Everytime we see each other, theres a story. Thats why we have to be very open-minded. It's amazing, because we get to go inside Mika's universe. Mika is a very bright artist and he has a very colorful universe, and everytime he proposes things. It's always great. So, today, we decided to do something a little bit more romantic. We started with flowers, a very soft look.

Mika: we saw the decoration in the house, so we thought it would be great to do something like this.

Guy: It's a mix of a alot of colors and paint, and a few accessories. We added glitter so it would show under the light. This is *shows paint* what we use to make kids makeup, in birthday parties. Because Mika likes colors, i got all my kids makeup kit out and we had alot of fun! I love to work for Mika because, everytime, its a fun moment, we share things, we talk. Sometimes its a bit more rock, sometimes more romantic (no comment, he really said it like that :lmfao:!!!) but its always very funny!

:bow:Thanks for kindly translation!!

I upload it with your translation. :wink2:

NEW VID!!!

Mika and makeup!!!(say that 5 times fast :P)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=389445811225&ref=mf

Translation: (im working hard with all these vids!!!:teehee: )

Guy that does Mika's Makeup: Everytime we see each other, theres a story. Thats why we have to be very open-minded. It's amazing, because we get to go inside Mika's universe. Mika is a very bright artist and he has a very colorful universe, and everytime he proposes things. It's always great. So, today, we decided to do something a little bit more romantic. We started with flowers, a very soft look.

Mika: we saw the decoration in the house, so we thought it would be great to do something like this.

Guy: It's a mix of a alot of colors and paint, and a few accessories. We added glitter so it would show under the light. This is *shows paint* what we use to make kids makeup, in birthday parties. Because Mika likes colors, i got all my kids makeup kit out and we had alot of fun! I love to work for Mika because, everytime, its a fun moment, we share things, we talk. Sometimes its a bit more rock, sometimes more romantic (no comment, he really said it like that :lmfao:!!!) but its always very funny!

:roftl::blink::mf_rosetinted::naughty::teehee::aah::shocked::roftl:

Thanks for translating!

My school french sucks...

Guys! I've seen the whole 40minute show but didn't find out where they were there in that kitchen (I saw some snaps around here). Is that a separate video? :huh:

Just watch the Love Today video, it's at the end.

Guys! I've seen the whole 40minute show but didn't find out where they were there in that kitchen (I saw some snaps around here). Is that a separate video? :huh:

It's in the same video as Love Today, just after the song :thumb_yello:

New backstage video!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=390029951225&ref=mf

Translation! :teehee:

Mika: It's cool to do something different. It's the first time that we do something like that! It's very original. It's a pleasure. It "descontruct" us a little bit.

Cameraman: You don't think about what we can expect?

Mika: No, i dont know. I dont know what versions we're going to play. It's gonna be different, that's for sure. We haven't really prepared for this, but on purpose. It's gonna be a totally random. We'll see what's going to happen!

Edited by LilStar

New backstage video!

Mika: It's cool to do something different. It's the first time that we do something like that! It's very original. It's a pleasure. It "descontruct" us a little bit.

Mika: No, i dont know. I dont know what versions we're going to play. It's gonna be different, that's for sure. We haven't really prepared for this, but on purpose. It's gonna be a totally random. We'll see what's going to happen!

:wub2:THANK YOU!

New backstage video!

27555_110213619014798_4316_q.jpg

Live@home Mika@home // Backstage, épisode 3 : Mika part en live !

http://www.facebook.com/monsunmagazin#!...121797791171956

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=390029951225

-download

2010.05.08 - Live@home Backstage,ep3-Mika part en live !.avi

http://www.mediafire.com/?otqonlqjmqy

thank you :flowers2: