MIKA at Lanvin: Front Row - Paris Fashion Week Womenswear

dcdeb

i really really wanna slap the person who wrote this!:sneaky2:

tangentially related, i just wanna say that being a mika fan has made me less intentionally or pointlessly cruel to celebs...not like i've becoma a saint or anything :aah: but i think twice before i shoot my mouth off about someone just cos i can....:blush-anim-cl:

:naughty: nah, don't let it get you too too upset... we've seen alot worse :aah:

tangentially related, i just wanna say that being a mika fan has made me less intentionally or pointlessly cruel to celebs...not like i've becoma a saint or anything :aah: but i think twice before i shoot my mouth off about someone just cos i can....:blush-anim-cl:

But isn't the fact that at one time you would shoot your mouth off just cause you can show that these remarks are really not a big deal and mostly people are just joking and not really malicious? I think Britney Spears is a no talent and will tell anyone who listens at every opportunity. If people feel that way about Mika, whatever. :dunno:

The only time I ever got wound up was when that critic in LA went on a tirade that Mika was lip synching because I was there and I knew for a fact it wasn't true. But in most situations it's just a matter of opinion so you can't let it bother you.

But isn't the fact that at one time you would shoot your mouth off just cause you can show that these remarks are really not a big deal and mostly people are just joking and not really malicious? I think Britney Spears is a no talent and will tell anyone who listens at every opportunity. If people feel that way about Mika, whatever. :dunno:

I think there is a bit more to it than simply taste as by saying he was worth £1.25 it is suggested to be someone 'cheap' and negligible. Even if people do not like Britney, I don't think anyone considers her an annoying one-hit wonder. :dunno:

Of course I don't agree with that comment. In fact, I think the opposite. However, in a way, I understand the reason behind (in terms of how people judge 'odd' look and sound) and just the other day I was thinking about starting a thread why Mika comes across like that for many at the moment.

The only time I ever got wound up was when that critic in LA went on a tirade that Mika was lip synching because I was there and I knew for a fact it wasn't true.

That's why it was rather disappointing to hear him use recorded backing vocals for EMD at some earlier performances and a relief to see his effort in performing it all live at that most recent event.

To me, accusing him of being fake and having no talent is extremely annoying in all cases but the comment Alan McGee or that other idiot working for the BBC made 1.5 years ago really made my blood boil.:sneaky2: Both were extremely cruel on a personal level and revealed more about the people who said them than about Mika himself.

Edited by suzie

I think there is a bit more to it than simply taste as by saying he was worth £1.25 it is suggested to be someone 'cheap' and negligible. Even if people do not like Britney, I don't think anyone considers her an annoying one-hit wonder. :dunno:

i consider her an annoying no-hit wonder and you couldn't pay ME to put up with one of her so-called performances. :wink2: People were taking these kinds of potshots at Mika (and far far worse) right from day one, just as they take these kinds of potshots at all celebs. Mika has his defenders who would praise him if he was on Skid Row and his detractors who will talk about not wanting him in their living room even if he's selling 20 million albums.

Personally I don't put stock in any of their opinions because they are just trying to entertain their readers, although of course I appreciate a good review of Mika's work because I think it is well deserved and if people talk rubbish about him miming on my videos I always correct them.

But I guess generally I just have a thick skin. :naughty:

:naughty: nah, don't let it get you too too upset... we've seen alot worse :aah:

nah i didn't get too upset...:teehee:

i can hold a grudge for a long time though...:aah:

The only time I ever got wound up was when that critic in LA went on a tirade that Mika was lip synching because I was there and I knew for a fact it wasn't true. But in most situations it's just a matter of opinion so you can't let it bother you.

hmmm good way to look at it though i get suzie's point as well...ah well haters gonna hate! :sneaky2: i guess i have to get a thicker skin as well :aah:

Do you need my handbag?

smilie_girl_224.gif

aaaw i think only a person without a heart could hate this cyoot lil panda. i say the same thing about people who hate Mika :shun:

Also, thanks for the pics Eriko :wub2:

aaaw ... So true :wub2:

thanks Eriko :thumb_yello: