MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

I don't know if it has been posted here already (sorry, can't come a lot on MFC) but I read somewhere that Mika had to refuse the Voice season 1 in 2011 because he was too busy writing his album :wink2:

I think you meant this part:

Mika, ce n'est pas une idée neuve. Le producteur Shine France avait déjà approché Mika au lancement de l'émission il y a deux ans. Mais la pop star avait dû refuser pour cause de promotion d'album. Un contact chaleureux ayant été établi, les portes restaient ouvertes.

http://www.rtl.fr/emission/laissez-vous-tenter/billet/mika-prend-la-place-de-louis-bertignac-pour-l-emission-the-voice-7764147203

So it was in 2012 because of promotion (according to these journalists).

(I don't mean to be pedantic here, it's just that not a new contraction that wasn't there in the beginning like "but back than he said he can't write while doing a show and now he says he will do it" emerges in "whisper down the lane"-principle (there are enough contradictions already :naughty:) )

I think you meant this part:

http://www.rtl.fr/emission/laissez-vous-tenter/billet/mika-prend-la-place-de-louis-bertignac-pour-l-emission-the-voice-7764147203

So it was in 2012 because of promotion (according to these journalists).

(I don't mean to be pedantic here, it's just that not a new contraction that wasn't there in the beginning like "but back than he said he can't write while doing a show and now he says he will do it" emerges in "whisper down the lane"-principle (there are enough contradictions already :naughty:) )

It was in late 2011, we even had a whole thread about it. http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26406&highlight=voice+france Would be fun to read this back now.

why can't you just let the man try something he's never done before?remember what he said?it's easy to say no,but hard when to say yes and why.you can't totally disagree with being a judge,he's not being judged!why so nervous?and it's not a completely commercial event,good ideas still come out in front of us,they won't win but they will come,and that's what he's looking for.it's a good choice and it's not what he had to do,it's what he wants to do!

but if you insist not to taste a dish looking horrible but interesting,i can also not convince you to accept what he has done.

The Russian 2-nd season of The Voice has just started , but our panel of judges has no international star, unfortunately. I wonder if Mika could accept an invitation for "The Voice" in Russia someday, after his Italian and French judging experience:mf_rosetinted: (I`m not sure we can afford it :aah:).

The Russian 2-nd season of The Voice has just started , but our panel of judges has no international star, unfortunately. I wonder if Mika could accept an invitation for "The Voice" in Russia someday, after his Italian and French judging experience:mf_rosetinted: (I`m not sure we can afford it :aah:).

It's just the same here - last night I watched the program - and I must say the young people taking part in the music competition were pretty good! :fisch:

The panel of judges consist of four clever, well-known and beloved norw. artists. Last season Magne from AHA was one of the judges. But I really wouldn't complain if MIKA was in one of those chairs ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

I wouldn't advise him to work in Russia :fisch:

So many shows, so little time...

I havent seen Mika this year, so...yes, you can say this bothers me...

And france again? that bothers me even more...

And one of my best friends here is french so think again before attacking me on my supposed "france hater beyotch attitude"

*Wonka's grumpy mode on*

Edited by willywonka

The money will be the least of the reasons he won't come to the Russian Voice :aah:

Seriously though, it's like every day I read of some new atrocity being perpetuated against the LGBT community in Russia... Sickening and frustrating :sneaky2:

So many shows, so little time...

I havent seen Mika this year, so...yes, you can say this bothers me...

And france again? that bothers me even more...

And one of my best friends here is french so think again before attacking me on my supposed "france hater beyotch attitude"

*Wonka's grumpy mode on*

Thinking :naughty:

I love you Wonkita :wub2:

*Turning cuddles mode on*

article-0-18AD8E1C000005DC-931_634x400.jpg

It's just the same here - last night I watched the program - and I must say the young people taking part in the music competition were pretty good! :fisch:

The panel of judges consist of four clever, well-known and beloved norw. artists. Last season Magne from AHA was one of the judges. But I really wouldn't complain if MIKA was in one of those chairs ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

I adore Aha))) Paul is :wub2: There are more chances Mika joins Norw season)

I wouldn't advise him to work in Russia :fisch:

:sneaky2: Thanks for "support". You are breaking my heart, really.

The money will be the least of the reasons he won't come to the Russian Voice :aah:

Seriously though, it's like every day I read of some new atrocity being perpetuated against the LGBT community in Russia... Sickening and frustrating :sneaky2:

Well, Mika visited many countries that don`t welcome LGBT - he made gigs and saw his devoted audience there.

Things are not good here in RF, alas, but the real situation differs greatly from what foreign media write. A big part of the Russian society is against any fighting and discrimination. (Remember, Russia is the country that beat nazis in 1945).If you want the truth - ask someone who`s in Russia. Ask me.

Edited by Julia Welcomes

Ok, mb i`m just jealous Mika chose The Voice in France..... so I won`t see him live for another year..... :emot-sad:

Don't loose your hope for seing MIKA live again soon! :wink2: Suddenly there's a new chance - it might happen when you least expect it! :blush-anim-cl:

Yes, AHA was great - I saw their last consert, and felt sad that the adventure was over :blink: If you like Paal, maybe you've "followed" his band Savoy?

Love,love

me

I adore Aha)))

Well, Mika visited many countries that don`t welcome LGBT - he made gigs and saw his devoted audience there.

Things are not good here in RF, alas, but the real situation differs greatly from what foreign media write. A big part of the Russian society is against any fighting and discrimination. (Remember, Russia is the country that beat nazis in 1945).If you want the truth - ask someone who`s in Russia. Ask me.

Well there's homophobia and then there's actively regressing in your laws to seem to want to annihilate an entire community...

True there are many countries in the world where homosexuality is illegal (including here, though it's a long complicated story on how stupid it is that this still remains) and mika has visited some of them. but it can be argued that none of them, and in fact no industrialized country in this century, has made changes in their laws to actively make things *even worse* for the LGBT community. Feel free to correect me if I'm wrong, but I don't think even Lebanon, which has a reputation as anti-gay, criminalizes mentioning anything gay. I, as a member of a 'gay-rights' organization, won't think to visit Russia right now, and I'm happily married to a man, so I can only imagine how dangerous it would be for Mika...For starters, singing Billy Brown could land him in jail..

I'm glad to hear the majority of Russians are against discrimination, but sadly it doesn't help the actual LGBT persons who are being affected by these legal changes, including those who might have to face losing their children...Don't get me wrong, I would be very interested to hear your experiences, as a person on the ground, but I would be more willing to concede that the foreign media is getting it wrong if I can hear from a person in the LGBT Russian community that this is all being blown out of proportion, because at the end of the day, them, and their families are the ones being affected.

I'm not living in Russia and don't know about foreign media exaggerating or not, but Amnesty International (the human rights NGO) is talking a lot about that and making actions, so it seems to be pretty serious?

Well... It's very hard for me to explain the situation. First of all we have some gay pop stars in our country, very famous but they don't speak about their sexuality. It's not usual for Russian famous people to make comming out, I've never heard about it. Everybody knows but at the same time it's hidden. Our community is very conservative and many people don't like gay people, hate them or just don't care. I can say that gay people hide from the society, it was before the law and it will be afterwards. I live in a big city and I've never seen a gay man here, really. Perhaps I had but I didn't notice because they don't want to show it. Moreover, you can only read some news about situation with gay rights on the Intrvet in some independent cites or blogs. We pretend it doesn't exist. Like it's some kind of fasion from the bad West and it does't belong here. That's why it's hard for me to say what the real situation is like.

I don't think there can be some danger for Mika in Russia. He's famous and he's an artist. For Russian to be an artist and to be a gay is OK I suppose. I want him to come here but I don't want him to speak about gay rights during his stay Russia. Not because he can be arrested, it's nonsense! But because some crazy Russian politics can try to bring him to the court and it'd embarrasing. I'd be embarrased! On the other hand I want him to speak or write about gay rights like he did in his last XL column. It means a lot for Russian fans. We know that he cares about us.

Well... It's very hard for me to explain the situation. First of all we have some gay pop stars in our country, very famous but they don't speak about their sexuality. It's not usual for Russian famous people to make comming out, I've never heard about it. Everybody knows but at the same time it's hidden. Our community is very conservative and many people don't like gay people, hate them or just don't care. I can say that gay people hide from the society, it was before the law and it will be afterwards. I live in a big city and I've never seen a gay man here, really. Perhaps I had but I didn't notice because they don't want to show it. Moreover, you can only read some news about situation with gay rights on the Intrvet in some independent cites or blogs. We pretend it doesn't exist. Like it's some kind of fasion from the bad West and it does't belong here. That's why it's hard for me to say what the real situation is like.

I don't think there can be some danger for Mika in Russia. He's famous and he's an artist. For Russian to be an artist and to be a gay is OK I suppose. I want him to come here but I don't want him to speak about gay rights during his stay Russia. Not because he can be arrested, it's nonsense! But because some crazy Russian politics can try to bring him to the court and it'd embarrasing. I'd be embarrased! On the other hand I want him to speak or write about gay rights like he did in his last XL column. It means a lot for Russian fans. We know that he cares about us.

Thank you Zhenya :thumb_yello:

I don`t think we should turn this topic into political one, anyway.

You are right, I'll stop ask questions about it here. "The Voice" is very far of being a serious thing like politic :naughty: