Fans meetings in France

Alireine

We are doing a meeting for the fans in Saint-Denis (near Paris) on Saturday the 21th of December. From 12 to 2 PM, just before the recording of The Voice.

It will be possible to drink or eat (but you pay what you order, sorry, we are not Mika in London :aah::naughty:)

From Paris, simply take the RER D to "Stade de France - Saint-Denis".

Please, register yourself before Tuesday the 17th at rencontrefans@gmail.com

We hope to see many of you! :wub2:

Please, note that it's not a Meet&Greet with Mika, even if we will talk to him about that, we think he will not come. But there will be other wonderful people: you and us :thumb_yello::wink2:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9537&d=1386615443

Edited by Alireine

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does "inscribe" mean "register"? Because it has a different meaning in English.

Anyway have fun! :newyear:

oh, I don't know! Can you explain me the difference please?

We simply would like to know who will be coming, in order to know how many people will be there and inform the restaurant / pub.

If it's not good I'll edit my post :blush-anim-cl:

We simply would like to know who will be coming, in order to know how many people will be there and inform the restaurant / pub.

We would usually say "subscribe" to mean joining in with something (so "Subscribed threads"); we would use "inscribe" to mean something written or carved on a surface (the stone was inscribed with letters).

It's not bad or anything, I just noticed people using the word in the Voice thread and it took me awhile to figure out what was meant. It basically means to write on something permanently. It's a bit unusual to use the verb (in my experience) and you would mostly refer to an inscription (on a tombstone or in a book, etc).

I see one site has "to enroll" as an archaic definition but I've never heard of it myself. I guess that's where it came from, but I don't think it's in common usage at the moment.

We would usually say "subscribe" to mean joining in with something (so "Subscribed threads"); we would use "inscribe" to mean something written or carved on a surface (the stone was inscribed with letters).

Thank you! But I think you can't say "subscribe yourself", so I changed for "register yourself". If I'm still wrong, please someone correct me :aah:

And I hope you have a lot of fun at your meet-up :thumb_yello:

Thank you! If you want to come, that would be great! There is The Voice recording on the same day, don't know if you are interested in it :mf_rosetinted:

It's not bad or anything, I just noticed people using the word in the Voice thread and it took me awhile to figure out what was meant. It basically means to write on something permanently. It's a bit unusual to use the verb (in my experience) and you would mostly refer to an inscription (on a tombstone or in a book, etc).

I see one site has "to enroll" as an archaic definition but I've never heard of it myself. I guess that's where it came from, but I don't think it's in common usage at the moment.

I think it's simply because we are "translating" it from the French word we are using in that case: "s'inscrire" :naughty: But I'll try to use the right verb from now on :mf_rosetinted: thanks :thumb_yello:

I think it's simply because we are "translating" it from the French word we are using in that case: "s'inscrire" :naughty: But I'll try to use the right verb from now on :mf_rosetinted: thanks :thumb_yello:

A lot of our words are borrowed from French (or the same Latin origin) so it's not surprising if they meant more or less the same at one time.

We are doing a meeting for the fans in Saint-Denis (near Paris) on Saturday the 21th of December. From 12 to 2 PM, just before the recording of The Voice.

It will be possible to drink or eat (but you pay what you order, sorry, we are not Mika in London :aah::naughty:)

From Paris, simply take the RER D to "Stade de France - Saint-Denis".

Please, register yourself before Tuesday the 17th at rencontrefans@gmail.com

We hope to see many of you! :wub2:

Please, note that it's not a Meet&Greet with Mika, even if we will talk to him about that, we think he will not come. But there will be other wonderful people: you and us :thumb_yello::wink2:

attachment.php?attachmentid=9537&d=1386615443

Aww I so wish I could make it :wub2:

But I can't go to Paris on that day :crybaby:

That's the sweetest idea :wub2:

I know an Italian fan who was looking for French fans since she wants to go to Paris for The Voice on that day but only if she can meet French MFCers there , I'll tell her about this she'll be really happy I think :teehee:

She is , I just told her , that's Lucrezia and you can count on her for sure :woot_jump:

Have you thought of twitting about this fans meeting sweetie? Do you plan to? Or have you already?

Is it ok if I share this on my twitter and facebook?

I can' t go but I'm over the top excited about this :woot_jump:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Aww I so wish I could make it :wub2:

But I can't go to Paris on that day :crybaby:

That's the sweetest idea :wub2:

I know an Italian fan who was looking for French fans since she wants to go to Paris for The Voice on that day but only if she can meet French MFCers there , I'll tell her about this she'll be really happy I think :teehee:

She is , I just told her , that's Lucrezia and you can count on her for sure :woot_jump:

Have you thought of twitting about this fans meeting sweetie? Do you plan to? Or have you already?

Is it ok if I share this on my twitter and facebook?

I can' t go but I'm over the top excited about this :woot_jump:

Nice for Lucrezia!

And, yes, please, share it on your Twitter and Facebook, thank you :huglove:

(Actually, everybody can share it everywhere :fisch::wink2:)

Nice idea! :thumb_yello:

I'll be happy to join; that is if I get an invitation to the show (I'm checking the site very regularly but still nothing for that day?) and if I can get to Paris in the morning...

That will be great to see you, I hope you can come!

Yeah, they are taking so much time to open the registration (and not inscribtion :naughty:) for the 21th :aah:

Nice for Lucrezia!

And, yes, please, share it on your Twitter and Facebook, thank you :huglove:

(Actually, everybody can share it everywhere :fisch::wink2:)

I'm going to share it everywhere, trust me :naughty:

That will be great to see you, I hope you can come!

Yeah, they are taking so much time to open the registration (and not inscribtion :naughty:) for the 21th :aah:

They always seem to do that when the recordings take place on Saturdays :aah:

They know they will get enough audience in no time :mikadas:

And Alireine, please can you tell me your name...I've read it on MFC but I forgot it :doh: I'm Anne :naughty:

I'm going to share it everywhere, trust me :naughty:

They always seem to do that when the recordings take place on Saturdays :aah:

They know they will get enough audience in no time :mikadas:

And Alireine, please can you tell me your name...I've read it on MFC but I forgot it :doh: I'm Anne :naughty:

Alireine is Mélanie :wink2: