Mikasounds, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram updates - Part 13

BiaIchihara

And to carry over the clean underwear bit from the last thread - I remember a card from back when pay phones were cheap that said always have a dime and clean underwear when you go on a date. The dime in case he's a jerk. The clean underwear in case he's not. Tsk, tsk...

:naughty:

Could you remind me what a poutine is please? :mf_rosetinted:

It's fries with gravy and cheese curds. Best comfort food, especially in winter. Another thing to do in February.

The one they brought to M didn't look that good, and he was overly impressed:naughty:

:naughty:

Could you remind me what a poutine is please? :mf_rosetinted:

This is a poutine. Like Cathouzouf said, it is made with french fries, gravy and curd cheese. We call that cheese "squeeky cheese" because it is done and delivered daily and is very moist. It squeeks when you eat it :naughty:

The cheese melts a bit with the heat of the fries and gravy, but mostly remains in little chunks, like the picture.

The one they served Mika was all melted and stretchy like when you eat a pizza. Which makes me believe they made it with shredded mozzarella, which would totally change the taste of it. So yes, he ate a "poutine" but it wasn't done with the authentic ingredients and wouldn't have the same taste.

He's missing the squeeky stuff :aah:

Poutine_zps51fb1646.jpg

shhhh do not disturb Mika.... he is totally inspired by the poutine he ate on Tuesday & he's busy writing a song about it :mika2:

Trying a new dish, poutine

It seems obscene

Chips and curds and brown gravy

It's enough to lose your head

... and speaking of enough, maybe THAT is enough, or at least a start...

Trying to imagine us singing the chorus "Poutiiiiiiiiiiiiine, oooooohhh, Poutiiiiiiine" at gigs :teehee:

Actually it's pronounced like President Putin of Russia, right? The one Billy Brown fell in love with at a gig last year, if I good remember :mf_rosetinted:

That could be an interesting song with double meaning :fisch:

Trying to imagine us singing the chorus "Poutiiiiiiiiiiiiine, oooooohhh, Poutiiiiiiine" at gigs :teehee:

Actually it's pronounced like President Putin of Russia, right? The one Billy Brown fell in love with at a gig last year, if I good remember :mf_rosetinted:

That could be an interesting song with double meaning :fisch:

Exactly :thumb_yello:

Actually it's pronounced like President Putin of Russia, right?

Is it? I thought poutine was pronounced poo-teen.

I pronounce Putin like pootin.

I'm obviously saying something wrong. :blush-anim-cl:

English people pronounce it "poo-tine (like tine of Christine)

:)

Yes, that's how I say it. Is that wrong, though? How do you say it? :blink:

Yes, that's how I say it. Is that wrong, though? How do you say it? :blink:

Well, it is a French word, but when I say it to hubby (who is English Canadian), I pronounce it like that. If I'm speaking French, it's a bit different.

Also, the pronounciation of Putin's name varies from French to English.

If you're speaking English, then no, it is not pronounced the same.

One is more like poo and the other pew

If speaking French, then his name and poutine is pretty much the same

Edit : I'll try to find examples in the morning

Edited by guylainem123

Well, it is a French word, but when I say it to hubby (who is English Canadian), I pronounce it like that. If I'm speaking French, it's a bit different.

Also, the pronounciation of Putin's name varies from French to English.

If you're speaking English, then no, it is not pronounced the same.

One is more like poo and the other pew

If speaking French, then his name and poutine is pretty much the same

Edit : I'll try to find examples in the morning

Mika is going to have some trouble with the pronunciation with this new song:aah::aah:

English people pronounce it "poo-tine (like tine of Christine)

:)

I think in France that is how they pronounce Putin as well? So you are going to confuse Melanie I think. :naughty:

I know how to pronounce poutine like French Canadians but that is not how the English pronounce Putin. For poutine the "t" goes in the second syllable and for Putin it goes in the first.

I have no idea how Putin is supposed to be pronounced ie the Russian pronunciation. :dunno: