Montreal - Travel Plans and Discussions

Treasa

Well, i just bought Kez's extra ticket for the first night, so it looks like i'll be sitting next to her in row BB! And you know what they say, "if you give a Mikafan a gig s/he will want another" ( or something like that) so i'll likely buy at least a ticket for the second gig too

.....as long as i can afford a plane ticket, and a passport, and somewhere to stay :teehee:

I look forward to meeting you all!

That's row B, darling... B 17. Five rows back. Don't confuse poor Alie.

Edited by Kezza

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, i just bought Kez's extra ticket for the first night, so it looks like i'll be sitting next to her in row BB! And you know what they say, "if you give a Mikafan a gig s/he will want another" ( or something like that) so i'll likely buy at least a ticket for the second gig too

.....as long as i can afford a plane ticket, and a passport, and somewhere to stay :teehee:

I look forward to meeting you all!

:boing: :boing: :boing:

Dee is comiiiing OMG you made my day !!! :huglove: I'll make an update of the seat plan tomorrow. :thumb_yello:

:boing: :boing: :boing:

Dee is comiiiing OMG you made my day !!! :huglove: I'll make an update of the seat plan tomorrow. :thumb_yello:

I'm really, really trying to save up (which i'm terrible at) so there's like a 70% chance i'll be able to go. Now that i've got the notion in my head i'm determined to make it happen. lets hope i find a cheap flight :teehee:

:huglove: i cant wait to meet you there! :D

Edited by kreacher

I'm really, really trying to save up (which i'm terrible at) so there's like a 70% chance i'll be able to go. Now that i've got the notion in my head i'm determined to make it happen. lets hope i find a cheap flight :teehee:

fingers crossed:huglove: and I will happy to meet you as well

You can do it. :thumb_yello:

I'm sorry I can't offer you space in my luggage; I'm going as "light" as possible.

fingers crossed:huglove: and I will happy to meet you as well

oh good, because it'd be really awkward if you didn't since i'll be sitting right behind you :teehee:

You can do it. :thumb_yello:

thank you for the encouragement :thumb_yello:

I'm sorry I can't offer you space in my luggage; I'm going as "light" as possible.

me too, i planning on not checking a bag. i'm not paying the airline anymore than i absolutely have to; that's Mika's money!

me too, i planning on not checking a bag. i'm not paying the airline anymore than i absolutely have to; that's Mika's money!

A week of living in a smaller bag CAN be done, even in the winter. I'll be lugging the usual, some Treasures and gifts for a few people, and most likely two prizes to give away for people involved in my shop contest and the pajama contest.

Now that we've everything booked I've been looking at things to do in Montreal in Winter.

A few of the tours seem to be seasonal finishing in October.

This one looks ok for a good overview of the city http://www.viator.com/tours/Montreal/Montreal-City-Guided-Sightseeing-Tour/d625-3355C1

Any recommendations from the locals?

Now that we've everything booked I've been looking at things to do in Montreal in Winter.

A few of the tours seem to be seasonal finishing in October.

This one looks ok for a good overview of the city http://www.viator.com/tours/Montreal/Montreal-City-Guided-Sightseeing-Tour/d625-3355C1

Any recommendations from the locals?

I'm not really familiar with the different tours but you'll definetly have a good overview of the main attractions of Montreal. Only thing that seems unclear is if you actually get to go inside those buildings... View from Olympic Tour is amazing and St-Joseph Oratory is worth seeing.

Can't remember when you are coming in but Fête des neiges ends February 8 http://parcjeandrapeau.com/en/fete-des-neiges-de-montreal/

If you have time, and feel like seeing a bit of how huge Canada can be, I suggest a day trip to Quebec City http://www.grayline.com/things-to-do/canada/montreal/ (ok, I'm partial because it's my hometown but it's really worth seeing, especially if you're a history person)

As for Montreal itself, do you enjoy Museums? Did you put a visit to Mika's statue at Grevin?

Edited by cathouzouf

Hi,

I am very happy for MFCers who can go to Montreal, enjoy your trip and the gigs :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I have booked several times with Viator when I went to New York, they were much cheaper than buying the tickets directly in NY :wink2:

I'm not really familiar with the different tours but you'll definetly have a good overview of the main attractions of Montreal. Only thing that seems unclear is if you actually get to go inside those buildings... View from Olympic Tour is amazing and St-Joseph Oratory is worth seeing.

Can't remember when you are coming in but Fête des neiges ends February 8 http://parcjeandrapeau.com/en/fete-des-neiges-de-montreal/

If you have time, and feel like seeing a bit of how huge Canada can be, I suggest a day trip to Quebec City http://www.grayline.com/things-to-do/canada/montreal/ (ok, I'm partial because it's my hometown but it's really worth seeing, especially if you're a history person)

As for Montreal itself, do you enjoy Museums? Did you put a visit to Mika's statue at Grevin?

I think the tour will be the best way to see a lot of Montreal and help us get our bearings, then we can choose what we'd like to go back to see. It would be great if it stopped at some points.

Of course we will be going to Grevin. It'll be the closest I get to having a photo with mika. :naughty:

Hopefully we will get to see the Old Town and port and the Basilica. I guess that might take up a day.

Hi,

I am very happy for MFCers who can go to Montreal, enjoy your trip and the gigs :thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I have booked several times with Viator when I went to New York, they were much cheaper than buying the tickets directly in NY :wink2:

Thank you. :thumb_yello:

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if I should stay in Montreal for the Valentine's weekend after Mika's concerts or fly back on Valentines day...anyone know if anything special happens around town in Montreal on Valentine's Day?

It's not easy to take time off work for me so when I do I want to pack it full of joy, adventure, and a touch of relaxation. I'll be taking a full week off for the Montreal concerts and I want to make the most of my time there. I'll be on my own but it would be sad to have a lonely V Day in a strange city, so I'm looking for ideas of what to do, see, eat, etc.

All ideas welcome :)

Kat.

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if I should stay in Montreal for the Valentine's weekend after Mika's concerts or fly back on Valentines day...anyone know if anything special happens around town in Montreal on Valentine's Day?

It's not easy to take time off work for me so when I do I want to pack it full of joy, adventure, and a touch of relaxation. I'll be taking a full week off for the Montreal concerts and I want to make the most of my time there. I'll be on my own but it would be sad to have a lonely V Day in a strange city, so I'm looking for ideas of what to do, see, eat, etc.

All ideas welcome :)

Kat.

Don't think there is anything special...

I'm finally all booked as well!

I am totally excited!

And if anyone else traveling from the US has a layover in Chicago, lets be friends....I'm there for like 5 hours the 13th on my way back to San Francisco. :doh:haha

Edited by BangBangLou