2013 -- Swatch signing session in London, UK, 26 November

mellody

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking at the Street View of the shop, it doesn't look particularly condusive for queuing for a couple of hours, let alone all day!

It has a set of pedestrian traffic lights in front of it too.

Are people seriously going to queue all day at the end of November to see Mika for 5 seconds? :shocked:

I had one young fan in fb ask if she could hang with us as she didn't want to queue overnight with people she didn't know. :shocked:

I'd told her if she wanted to queue overnight she would have to do it without us. I don't think Mika's fb advising people to queue has helped.

I had one young fan in fb ask if she could hang with us as she didn't want to queue overnight with people she didn't know. :shocked:

I'd told her if she wanted to queue overnight she would have to do it without us. I don't think Mika's fb advising people to queue has helped.

I'm a bit worried when I read on Mika's FB to come early, because there are fans who already think to come at about 6 AM (speaking about Milan signing session) :blink:

I'm a bit worried when I read on Mika's FB to come early, because there are fans who already think to come at about 6 AM (speaking about Milan signing session) :blink:

if they speak about 6.00 am they will start at 4.00 am believe me :wink2:

someone talks about camping the day before, I hope they are joking :fisch:

I tweeted sarcastically on Twitter about overnight camping, but if anyone thinks I'm serious, they are out of their mind!:shocked:

I don't think anyone should start queuing till after lunch at the very least, Oxford Street is a busy place, especially first thing in the morning, at lunchtime and around 5pm. And the Swatch shop has a pedestrian crossing right in front of it, so there will be people using it constantly through the day, as it is where all the main big stores are, and I'm thinking that lots of people will be gearing up with Christmas shopping that week.

And can some people lose the idea that we in the UK will queue up from a ridiculous time, it's getting old now. NO ONE in the UK will queue up at 6am!!! That only started because non residents started doing it and the UKers were stuck about 80 places back in the queue, so were pretty much forced to start stupid queuing to get a halfway decent place at gigs.

Personally, I am happy to stay in bed til 10am and turn up after lunch, or later even. I don't know why others don't feel the same!

Edited by RAK1

most of them are (silly) fangirls crazy for Mika after Xfactor :fisch:

Yes Mika sang a couple of times on X Factor and no one seemed to notice/care. He goes on and giggles about willies and now they all buy CDs to get them autographed? It's pretty sad if people only buy CDs because of celebrity and not because of the music. Not surprising though I guess. And the whole point of doing this embarrassing show. It's working, so that's good news...I guess :huh:

WTF is wrong with people? They don't camp overnight for gigs, why this? :dunno:

most of them are (silly) fangirls crazy for Mika after Xfactor :fisch:

In London it's on a schoolday so hopefully the kids won't turn up til after 4pm.

In Milan it was a schoolday too (I mean the Fnac event) and there were people there from 8 am... I hope Londoners will be more clever!

I think for Mika and his promotion it would be better if the Londoners were not too clever - it would attract more attention if the first 100 people would be present at 8 am at Oxford Street. :fisch: You can see that now in the attention to the Fnac event.

I think for Mika and his promotion it would be better if the Londoners were not too clever - it would attract more attention if the first 100 people would be present at 8 am at Oxford Street. :fisch: You can see that now in the attention to the Fnac event.

Have you looked at the Street View map outside he Swatch Shop?

It's right on a busy crossing, and as much as I would love Mika to get attention in the UK, I don't think people on their way to work being blocked by a queue of people waiting to see Mika at 5.30 in the afternoon, and getting stressy with them, is quite the positive way to get it. There are other shops in the block, the Swatch shop entrance isn't that big, a big queue early in the morning might irritate other shoppers and the businesses either side.

I'm not trying to be negative, but lets not be selfish to people who use that street every day, blocking it up with a queue from 8am or earlier may not get the good publicity he wants, if there are complaints.

I guess people are going to queue if they want to. I will check on the queue around lunch time and if I think I need to join it then I will. There's no point travelling there from Ireland and then not getting in. It's not like we have a ticket that will guarantee us entry regardless.

Ok enough about queuing, on to more important things. :wink2: Shall we organise a meetup after the signing?

There is a pub close by, off Oxford Street, Dering Street called the Duke of York. As we finish with Mika we could head around there for a drink and it also serves food if anyone wants to eat.

Edited by Treasa

I guess people are going to queue if they want to. I will check on the queue around lunch time and if I think I need to join it then I will. There's no point travelling there from Ireland and then not getting in. It's not like we have a ticket that will guarantee us entry regardless.

Ok enough about queuing, on to more important things. :wink2: Shall we organise a meetup after the signing?

There is a pub on the close by, off Oxford Street, Dering Street called the Duke of York. As we finish with Mika we could head around there for a drink and it also serves food if anyone wants to eat.

I'm up for that. Won't be able to drink as I have to drive home, but will probably be ready for a hot meal and hot drink then

I'm up for that. Won't be able to drink as I have to drive home, but will probably be ready for a hot meal and hot drink then

Did you check out that place? Shall we make that our meeting point? I can't see anywhere else within easy reach on Google Maps.

Did you check out that place? Shall we make that our meeting point? I can't see anywhere else within easy reach on Google Maps.

I will check it out on Street View when I get home. :thumb_yello:

This is really silly I live in London and have an exam in the morning so wont be there until the afternoon. I walked past the Swatch shop today and it is tiny ! There is no way a large amount of people are going to be able to queue for a long time. Oxford street is a massively busy place its really isn't feasible !Im 15 but i have more sense than to start queuing in the morning it will be freezing !