New Belgian member

sky_my_violet

Hi all!

I just wanted to introduce me as it's my first post on this forum. My name is Sandrine and I come from Belgium. A few info about me: I am 27 and I am a PhD researcher, in linguistics. My native language is French. I am married to a wonderful man who is a French and English teacher at university and in secondary school. I am now doing an internship at Columbia University in New York for the summer but will be back in Belgium in a week.

In fact I am a quite new Mika fan. I've always liked his songs, esp. the very first album, but I had never been to a concert. Last year in beginning of August, I went to the Ronquières festival in Belgium where he had a great show. In fact, because I knew I really liked his music, I had convinced my husband into not going to the concert just before to get a better place for the Mika concert. I was amazed as we finally were in the second row and I had a fantastic view. This concert really blew me off, I was in shock at how much a great performer he was. Back from the concert, I couldn't stop listening to all his interviews and, within a week, I had bought all his cds :fisch:

From then on, I am closely following his news, and I even created a linked in account to follow him :blush-anim-cl: I am quite sad I have not been able to see him since but there were quite few concerts. I am now focussed on the "Mobistar Mika concert" as I am lucky to be a Mobistar customer. I have played but with the subsidiary question, I really do not know if I stand a chance... Anyway I've heard that he should have some special concerts end of the year and I will really try to be there!!!

I'm glad to be part of this community and hope to get to know you better soon!

Have a great day!

Sandrine

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Helloooooo Sandrine :welcomeani:

A new Belgian fan woop woop!! I'm from Profondeville, do you live far from Namur? I was in Ronquières, it was such a great and funny concert! I hope we'll meet next time. Maybeeeeeee at the Mobistar showcase :aah: I don't have any chance to win but, I'll try to make my "mobistar friends" enter the game :naughty: and accept me as their guest :fisch:

Otherwise, I'm sure we'll meet you in late 2014 at a concert for the new album :wink2:

And may be you guys can help me on something: I have tried to connect to the chat but it says my login is not valid... Isn't it the same login and password as for MFC website?

Thx

Sandrine

PS: By the way I meant "Twitter" in my first post, not "Linked in" :doh:

Hi! Nice to meet you all!

Léna: I do not live very far from Namur, about 30 minutes in the direction of Charleroi. Let's cross fingers for Mobistar!! And for sure they will be upcoming concerts and chances to meet!

Sandrine

We live close to eachother :teehee: I was born in Montignies/Sambre hihi. I used to live in Couillet when I was a child. Hope to see you soon :wink2: