Good Guys - song and lyrics discussion

mellody

It happened with Underwater, it's happening now, once again! From the first notes I fell in love! I said it before and I'll say it now, I was afraid the new album could be too much electronic, similar to some of the last album tacks (Overrated, Make you happy). I've been hoping the new songs were Underwater-like for months and now, after listening to a bit of Staring at the sun and to this amazing song, I can firmly say that if the album has this kind of sound, I won't listen to anything else from the day it comes out and for months on...

o...m..g...

can we be best friends? LMAOOOO!! I have had the same thoughts, I wasn't too much of a fan of the dancy electro vibe he had in the last album but underwater is one of my FAVOURITES!! I wanted his new album to aim less in the dj remixes and more in the soft melodies. I mean what ever decision he makes musically is his and his alone and I will always like what he makes but i will LOVE IT if he moves in this direction.

o...m..g...

can we be best friends? LMAOOOO!! I have had the same thoughts, I wasn't too much of a fan of the dancy electro vibe he had in the last album but underwater is one of my FAVOURITES!! I wanted his new album to aim less in the dj remixes and more in the soft melodies. I mean what ever decision he makes musically is his and his alone and I will always like what he makes but i will LOVE IT if he moves in this direction.

:thumb_yello:

I can't wait :mikadas: and in the meantime I keep playing Good Guys :blush-anim-cl:

I totally agree with you. Let's think positive that it will happen:thumb_yello:

+ 1 :thumb_yello: And I expect a new alb. - full of "hits" - this is so promising - can hardly wait till it's out!... :wub2:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello:

I can't wait :mikadas: and in the meantime I keep playing Good Guys :blush-anim-cl:

I do really like Good guys, and after hearing starring at the sun this album looks like its gonna be awesome. Im just glad 1. He is still singing some songs in English. I mean I love that he is soooooooooo well rounded in languages but I like being able to understand his stuff right away as well. I'm not saying stop singing french but I like a bit of English now and then as well (one of my favourite Mika songs is a french one >.> ) and 2. he seems to be changing from that electro...stuff... I'm just not a fan of the same songs remixed over and over >.> lmaooooo.

I do really like Good guys, and after hearing starring at the sun this album looks like its gonna be awesome. Im just glad 1. He is still singing some songs in English. I mean I love that he is soooooooooo well rounded in languages but I like being able to understand his stuff right away as well. I'm not saying stop singing french but I like a bit of English now and then as well (one of my favourite Mika songs is a french one >.> ) and 2. he seems to be changing from that electro...stuff... I'm just not a fan of the same songs remixed over and over >.> lmaooooo.

I agree. It's such a treat to have a song in English. I enjoy the French ones, but English is better, especially if he wants an international hit.

o...m..g...

I accept the "best friends" nomination with pleasure! :teehee:

Indeed we love the very same things Mika-wise! :naughty:

Please can someone tell me what does the word gutter means??? Cause the tranlator doesn't translate it!!!:aah: :aah: :aah::blink:

Technically, it's the part of the road where the water runs down the drain. Just before the pavement/sidewalk.

But being "in the gutter", is taken to mean, you're the lowest of the low. You can't get any lower than being in the gutter. You're not worth anything. This is what it means in the song.

If we are at our lowest

It doesn't change who we are

For some of us, at our lowest

Are looking up at the stars (we are seeking a way to rise up)

Hope that helps.

Technically, it's the part of the road where the water runs down the drain. Just before the pavement/sidewalk.

But being "in the gutter", is taken to mean, you're the lowest of the low. You can't get any lower than being in the gutter. You're not worth anything. This is what it means in the song.

If we are at our lowest

It doesn't change who we are

For some of us, at our lowest

Are looking up at the stars (we are seeking a way to rise up)

Hope that helps.

OK thank you very very very much for your help!!!!:mikadas::mikalove::thumb_yello::wink2:

The song is in the 26th position in the itunes italian charts :shocked: it goes down, I cant believe it :blink:

http://www.itunescharts.net/ita/charts/songs/2014/12/20

sad for unicef, but apart from that, i'm not surprised that people don't buy half a song mixed with half an old song. i'm sure the actual song would do better.

sad for unicef, but apart from that, i'm not surprised that people don't buy half a song mixed with half an old song. i'm sure the actual song would do better.

Imo there's another thing that does not help the success of this song, despite being a mix of an older song with a new one, I've never heard it on any radio, since now. How can people know about this song if they haven't watched the Xfactor finale or noticed the news on the social networks? :blink:

Imo there's another thing that does not help the success of this song, despite being a mix of an older song with a new one, I've never heard it on any radio, since now. How can people know about this song if they haven't watched the Xfactor finale or noticed the news on the social networks? :blink:

This is also the problem for Mika's songs in the UK. If the song is not played, it won't do well in the charts.

I also think it would have been better having this great new song on it's own, not with HE.

Much as I love HE, it is SO 2007. It's time to move on.

• 1 month later...

This song have feelings and it's very good, the instrumental, lyrics everything is perfect :wub2: (Ok we don't have it in full XD) But seriously I love the way it looks like to go on, at the beginning something very relaxing and after his voice gradually gaining power :wub2:

I think we should update the lyrics here :lmfao:

Apart from the fact that good guys are gay, did anyone understand more names than Rufus and James Dean?

Aww, I'm in love! :wub2:

He definitely named checked some authors. I think Cocteau was one. Hopefully he'll play it again tmrw so we can catch more

EDIT: he also mentioned Bowie, Whitman, and Rimbaud

Edited by kreacher

He definitely named checked some authors. I think Cocteau was one. Hopefully he'll play it again tmrw so we can catch more

EDIT: he also mentioned Bowie, Whitman, and Rimbaud

What's all that names doing here?? XD Ooh were they in the song?? :teehee: Daamn can't wait to hear it, I'm curious to hear Mika placing all that names in the song :thumb_yello:

Ok thanks :) From the time I heard the extract, I was never expecting that the could put somes popular names in his song :)

This album promise to be full of surprises :teehee:

I hope some of those popular guys are still alive and might take notice of the song, along with their fans or friends.

I can't wait to hear the whole song. It has the potential to be a huge hit, from the bit I've heard of it, from the X Factor performance.