Montreal - Travel Plans and Discussions

Treasa

I'm also all booked, I'm staying downtown one block from the venue. I was thinking of getting a fun t-shirt made up saying "Keeping you overrated." or maybe one of those "stay calm and Overrated" LOL, is that funny to anyone other than me?

Is it too much? is it weird to do that? I've never made a special t-shirt for a concert before...not sure if it would be appropriate for this kind of venue either. He seems to have matured quite a bit from his earlier concerts. I've been enjoying watching some of the youtube stuff from his early years and he was quite an energetic singer but he's calmed lately...it looked like it anyhow. I noticed people made signs for shows but signs aren't great because they block the view for the poor people behind the one holding up a sign for their dear life.

Has the fan club ever attended a gig all wearing the same thing? would he even care, is it worth it? It's rather silly isn't it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Kat.

Hi Kat.

Personally I think you have got it right that things have moved on.... And also, these aren't really that sort of gig. But of course there is nothing to stop you from wearing what you want... Unless the OSM has a dress code.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everybody!

I just join MFC and I'm glad to be here. Couple of years ago i had some issues with registration and i gave up in the end ...

It seems like somehow "we are very close" ...:0)

Reading your posts about how you are planing the trip is first time when i feel good about not living in Europe :0( like you all.

Since I'm in Canada is going to be a little bit easier for me to get to see Mika :)

So, yeah, ...now just wandering if is too early too book the hotel. Is it? I'll be driving from Toronto to Montreal most probably.

Nikita <3 Mika

:mikadas:

Hello Nikita, nice to have you. I'm fairly fresh on here myself so it's nice that more people are joining :) people on here are like a little village community it's super sweet!

I'll be going to Montreal too (from Edmonton) hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you and many others on here :)

Kat.

I was thinking of getting a fun t-shirt made up saying "Keeping you overrated." or maybe one of those "stay calm and Overrated" LOL, is that funny to anyone other than me?

i made a shirt that said "fool addicted" but that was for a regular gig in NYC 2012. as much as i'd like to see yours (esp since Overrated is one of my fave songs) this symphony place seems a bit classy for it

So last week i looked at this hotel link then that night had a dream about going to a Mika gig in Paris in which i said "if i can afford this gig, i can afford to go to the ones in Montreal", so i think i'm meant to go to these gigs or smth :teehee:

I don't have any gig tickets, or a passport, or a flight yet. There's so many more factors to consider before i commit, but the more I think about seeing Mika again.... well, you know how it is.

Reading this thread did clear up a few things, so thanks all.

i made a shirt that said "fool addicted" but that was for a regular gig in NYC 2012. as much as i'd like to see yours (esp since Overrated is one of my fave songs) this symphony place seems a bit classy for it

So last week i looked at this hotel link then that night had a dream about going to a Mika gig in Paris in which i said "if i can afford this gig, i can afford to go to the ones in Montreal", so i think i'm meant to go to these gigs or smth :teehee:

I don't have any gig tickets, or a passport, or a flight yet. There's so many more factors to consider before i commit, but the more I think about seeing Mika again.... well, you know how it is.

Reading this thread did clear up a few things, so thanks all.

Well, I'm talking to you a bit about some of the factors involved, so I hope that helps a little bit!

Latest update

The plans are updated too ! :thumb_yello:

I have a little problem with Sarik31 and Paola C. who both said they were on the seat BB-20 for the first night so I don't know who will sit on the other's knee but... :teehee:

First night :

milady: AA-11, AA-13

mellody: AA-15

BangBangLou: AA-8

Zimwana: AA-18

Alie: BB-10, BB-12, BB-14

DutchAnnie: BB-16, BB-18

Paola C.: BB-20

Rachie_B: BB-9, BB-11, BB-13, BB-15

Sarik31: BB-??

Cathouzouf: CC-6

Alireine: CC-8

cathblais: CC-14

Littlelady: A-11, A-13

Graciosa: A-15

Treasa: B-1

Buttonsloveu: B-3

Kath: B-5

Kezza: B-15

Kreacher: B-17

Grazia: B-29

Valerria: B-31

mamiam: B-2

Guylaine123: B-12

Nanou: B-14

Dcdeb: B-16

fanchon: B-??

mine: F-23

Philippe60: F-25

MyEtoileMk: L-2

Ambroisette: M-??

kat75: A-101 (loge 102)

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 1ST NIGHT

Second night:

Sandra00: AA-??

mellody: BB-3

Roxou123: BB-4, BB-6

MyEtoileMk: BB-8, BB-10

Guylaine123: BB-12

Alie: BB-14, BB-16

Sarik31: BB-24

Grazia: CC-18

Paola C.: CC-25

tortuetetue: A-1, A-3

BangBangLou: A-2

cathblais: A-??

Treasa: B-8

Buttonsloveu: B-10

Kath: B-12

Littlelady: C-10, C-12

Graciosa : C-14

Cathouzouf: G-27

Alireine: G-29

Dcdeb: K-17

Nanou: K-19

mine: M-12

Philippe60: M-14

mamiam: U-7

DutchAnnie: U-28, U-30

Miss_Kristal: V-15

Salura22: V-25

kat75: A-105 (loge 102)

Kezza: A2-10 (mezzanine)

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 2ND NIGHT

Third night:

sarik31: AA-2

mine: AA-16

Philippe60: AA-18

Alireine: AA-17

Guylaine123: BB-1

Nanou: BB-3

Dcdeb: BB-5

Treasa: BB-2

Buttonsloveu: BB-4

Kath: BB-6

mellody: BB-24

Miss_Kristal: CC-5

milady: CC-??

Graciosa: A-1, A-3

Littlelady: A-2

mamiam: A-14

MyEtoileMk: B-1

Paola C.: B-6

DutchAnnie: E-28, E-30

Grazia: F-18

Valerria: F-20

Cathouzouf: C3-14 (balcony)

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 3RD NIGHT

Edited by Alie

I can't see the floor plans you've made, Alie, do I have to download them in order to see them? Or do you have them down for the moment?

Damn it, you are right. :doh: I still have the plans on my computer and I'll try to put them on an other website. Sorry ! Don't download anything !

I m not going :sad: but I popping in to wish all of you a wonderful gig :wub2: this is going to be such an exceptional event :wub2: I ll be following as much as I can online ...any idea if it might be recorded for TV or internet? :dunno: it would be so worth it if they made a DVD :swoon: and with so many MFCers it s going to be a fabulous international meet up :woot_jump: I can t wait to see your pics :wub2: It would. be nice to make a photo album :biggrin2:

I m not going but I m sure hyper about it :excite:

:aah::mikalove::thumb_yello:

The general one on the OSM site is too vague for my tastes. I want to see where I'm positioned.

Problem solved, you can see your seat. It's the one just behind the 3 stars (representing Littlelady and Graciosa) :naughty:

Edited by Alie

I get very confused by the numbering... I have B 15 and B 17, but I was under the impression they were next to each other... ? What is with this venue's numbering system?

I get very confused by the numbering... I have B 15 and B 17, but I was under the impression they were next to each other... ? What is with this venue's numbering system?

They are next to each other. The middle seats are 1 and 2. Right after 2 is 4, then 6, 8, 10, etc. Next to 1 is 3, 5, 7, etc. :thumb_yello:

As an exemple, 12-10-8-6-4-2-1-3-5-7-9-11. Do you understand ?

They are next to each other. The middle seats are 1 and 2. Right after 2 is 4, then 6, 8, 10, etc. Next to 1 is 3, 5, 7, etc. :thumb_yello:

As an exemple, 12-10-8-6-4-2-1-3-5-7-9-11. Do you understand ?

Yes, I'm just not familiar with that numbering system. And I've ushered a lot of events, just not at venues that number that way! Thanks for the clarification. :thumb_yello:

The way time flies I feel that we are on a downward spiral to Christmas now and once that's out of the way it won't be long until this :yay:

:naughty: I agree - and today I have booked my flights, and hotelroom in downtown area :thumb_yello: In four months we are there, celebrating our MIKA at OSM! :wub2: I really look forward to meet you all ... :huglove:

Love,love

me

Yes, I'm just not familiar with that numbering system. And I've ushered a lot of events, just not at venues that number that way! Thanks for the clarification. :thumb_yello:

We have a lot of venues like that in Quebec... Don't ask me why!

:naughty: I agree - and today I have booked my flights, and hotelroom in downtown area :thumb_yello: In four months we are there, celebrating our MIKA at OSM! :wub2: I really look forward to meet you all ... :huglove:

Love,love

me

Cool! I want to be February now...

Well, i just bought Kez's extra ticket for the first night, so it looks like i'll be sitting next to her in row BB! And you know what they say, "if you give a Mikafan a gig s/he will want another" ( or something like that) so i'll likely buy at least a ticket for the second gig too

.....as long as i can afford a plane ticket, and a passport, and somewhere to stay :teehee:

I look forward to meeting you all!

Edited by kreacher