MIKA in French Press - 2015

Kumazzz

thanks for the translation! :flowers2:

lol @ the "animal" / fake fur comment! :lmfao:

He actually said it was trying to get into his mouth...my ears betrayed me sorry...İ've edited the post..Sylvie can you fix it on the video please :bow:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Today on 50 minutes inside there was a doc about Mika for the Montreal's gigs. I've recorded it and you can watch or download it (it's in HD) here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxtyZuo401xaUXFvaldnM0lwNTQ/view?usp=sharing

:thumb_yello: Thanks a million to you Lucrezia - you're an angel :huglove: Huge thanks also to Eriko, Anne & Sylvie for all your work! :huglove: What a team - you're our heroes! :wub2: I loved watching this great doc. about MIKAs latest Montreal adventure!! :wub2::mikadas:

Love,love

me

I wonder if Mika would go on Celebrity Masterchef. Not keen on him doing the whole celeb tv thing, and as much as I wish his music would get the UKs attention, maybe his cooking skills might.

ℳaggie✿♊

‏@7Maggie5

Une interview avec @mikasounds dans Le Parisien :)

An interview with @mikasounds in Le Parisien :)

B-8bZanWoAAwqP1.jpg

Thank you to Maggie! :original:

It's interesting the last sentence:

"Où en êtes-vous de votre album?"

"Vous entendrez les premiers morceaux à peu près à la période des directs."

"Where are you on your album?"

"You will hear the first pieces (songs/tracks) approximately in the period of direct (of the live shows)."

Edited by charlie20

ℳaggie✿♊

‏@7Maggie5

B-8bZanWoAAwqP1.jpg

"You will hear the first pieces (songs/tracks) approximately in the period of direct (of the live shows)."

so, the album won't go out in April :(

ℳaggie✿♊

‏@7Maggie5

B-8bZanWoAAwqP1.jpg

Translation of the full article into English "Instead of talking I want to act"

For Mathieu Grelier, The Voice France producer, he is "the alchemist", the one who will take more risks, chosing the least obvious songs, such as "Le petit bal perdu" by Bourvil.

Journalist: Are you afraid of this part of the battles?

Mika: No, it's the opposite, that's my favorite part . You can discover more about the candidates, it's a very creative moment, I can develop the projects I have imagined for each of them. Instead of simply being a time for talk, it's a time for action!

Journalist: Do you already have that in mind during the blind auditions?

Mika: Right away. When we take a break during the recording, I write a list of songs to I can use them for my candidates (Note by the newspaper: First comes, first served)But Jenifer was doing the same and she stole songs such as "Saint Claude" by Christine and the Queens.

Journalist: What is a good battle?

Mika: When you are surprised and when you can't tell who will do better. If I make two singers sing together, it is to put into light their strengh and their weaknesses. We don't have much time to know who can potentially go far. You have to make the candidates show their best side, but you also need to see their weaknesses .

Journalist: How do you chose the songs?

Mika: My choice is based both on the sound and the emotions. I never censor myself. I'm always amazed to have so much freedom, by the way (laughs) They always say the candidates are similar to their coach, it's rather true, I give them a selection of songs which is a lot like what I listen to at home, that is to say my musical tastes.

Journalist:Like Bourvil?

Mika: Ah! "Le petit bal perdu", yes it's one my childhood's songs. When I was little, I didn't understand the meaning of the whole lyrics, but I understood the meaning of the song, I did. It is risky, I can become something really outdated if the singers overdo it. It has to be sang with a lot of restraint...it's a very particular challenge, as with each song I think of for the candidates: the choice is custom made for each of the candidates.

Journalist: Are you looking forward to the live shows?

Mika: Yes, of course. Even though I don't feel as much at ease during the lives because suddenly it becomes a bit true, you have to deal with the consequences of your choices , a bit too fast. There's twitter and the other social media that react so quickly that it becomes a bit crazy....

Journalist: How far are you in your album?

Mika: You will hear the first songs approximately at the time of The Voice live shows.

Note by me: The first live of The Voice is on Saturday April 4th

Translation of the full article into English "Instead of talking I want to act"

For Mathieu Grelier, The Voice France producer, he is "the alchemist", the one who will take more risks, chosing the least obvious songs, such as "Le petit bal perdu" by Bourvil.

Journalist: Are you afraid of this part of the battles?

Mika: No, it's the opposite, that's my favorite part . You can discover more about the candidates, it's a very creative moment, I can develop the projects I have imagined for each of them. Instead of simply being a time for talk, it's a time for action!

Journalist: Do you already have that in mind during the blind auditions?

Mika: Right away. When we take a break during the recording, I write a list of songs to I can use them for my candidates (Note by the newspaper: First comes, first served)But Jenifer was doing the same and she stole songs such as "Saint Claude" by Christine and the Queens.

Journalist: What is a good battle?

Mika: When you are surprised and when you can't tell who will do better. If I make two singers sing together, it is to put into light their strengh and their weaknesses. We don't have much time to know who can potentially go far. You have to make the candidates show their best side, but you also need to see their weaknesses .

Journalist: How do you chose the songs?

Mika: My choice is based both on the sound and the emotions. I never censor myself. I'm always amazed to have so much freedom, by the way (laughs) They always say the candidates are similar to their coach, it's rather true, I give them a selection of songs which is a lot like what I listen to at home, that is to say my musical tastes.

Journalist:Like Bourvil?

Mika: Ah! "Le petit bal perdu", yes it's one my childhood's songs. When I was little, I didn't understand the meaning of the whole lyrics, but I understood the meaning of the song, I did. It is risky, I can become something really outdated if the singers overdo it. It has to be sang with a lot of restraint...it's a very particular challenge, as with each song I think of for the candidates: the choice is custom made for each of the candidates.

Journalist: Are you looking forward to the live shows?

Mika: Yes, of course. Even though I don't feel as much at ease during the lives because suddenly it becomes a bit true, you have to deal with the consequences of your choices , a bit too fast. There's twitter and the other social media that react so quickly that it becomes a bit crazy....

Journalist: How far are you in your album?

Mika: You will hear the first songs approximately at the time of The Voice live shows.

Note by me: The first live of The Voice is on Saturday April 4th

Thanks for the translation. It's a good interview.

I'm wondering whether he's coming to the UK, at some point, to do some promotion for the new songs. But it's good to know we'll hear them soon.

I wonder if Mika would go on Celebrity Masterchef. Not keen on him doing the whole celeb tv thing, and as much as I wish his music would get the UKs attention, maybe his cooking skills might.

I've thought that as well. He really needs to do something to raise his profile in the UK again. Celebrity Masterchef would be great.

Great video - thanks for the translation/subtitles :flowers2:

Thanks for the translation. It's a good interview.

I'm wondering whether he's coming to the UK, at some point, to do some promotion for the new songs. But it's good to know we'll hear them soon.

You're both welcome Silver and Marilyn :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if someone alreaydy post it, but Mika will be in "Le divan" sur France 3 shortly.

I don't know the show so I don't really know what we can expect... :blink:

Here the article, from here http://tvmag.lefigaro.fr/programme-tv/article/people/85387/marc-olivier-fogiel-mes-invites-ont-ete-sonnes.html

"Marc-Olivier Fogiel modernise Le Divan, abandonné par Henry Chapier en 1994, déjà sur France 3. L'animateur nous explique le principe de son émission, dont trois ont déjà été tournées : avec Fabrice Luchini, ce soir, Thierry Ardisson (la semaine prochaine) et Éric Dupond-Moretti.

Comment fonctionne votre nouveauté?

C'est une émission à la Chapier, je l'assume. En plus du dispositif essentiel consistant à être placé derrière l'invité, des images défilent sur l'écran placé face à lui. C'est très chapitré, ça dure plus longtemps. Le fait de ne pas être dans le face-à-face contribue à faire une interview différente, ce n'est pas une partie de ping-pong, là on ne renvoie pas la balle de la même façon. À la fin, il y a le débrief. Le fauteuil se retourne, comme dans The Voice. On est alors en face à face, et l'invité fait aussi face au public, alors qu'il ne le voit jamais 90 % de l'émission. Les trois ont été sonnés, dans le bon sens du terme.

Le résultat est à la hauteur de vos espérances?

L'avocat Dupond-Moretti m'a confié avoir mis du temps à s'en remettre. Ardisson m'a envoyé un SMS: «Moi, tel que je ne m'étais pas encore livré. Bravo!». Il a parlé de sa mère pour la première fois de façon étonnante. Luchini m'a dit: «La TV, j'en ai fait, beaucoup, mais jamais comme ça». Je ne veux pas prétendre que l'émission est meilleure que les autres, mais c'est différent.

En quoi est-ce différent?

La façon pour l'invité de se livrer, sur une durée très longue. Avec Luchini, ça dure quatre-vingts minutes. À la télévision, aujourd'hui, c'est un luxe de laisser du temps et d'avoir des moments de silence.

La semaine prochaine, vous recevez Thierry Ardisson, c'est la fin des frères ennemis?

Nous avons été fâchés très longtemps, près de quinze ans, mais on était très copains avant. Au début de l'émission, je lui dis qu'on ne va pas parler de notre brouille, mais je lui demande: «Pourquoi avez-vous toujours besoin d'avoir un meilleur ennemi?». Ça ouvre sur quelque chose d'intéressant: sa peur constante d'être dégagé par quelqu'un.

Il vous invitera aussi sur Canal+ dans Salut les Terriens!?

J'y vais samedi! Et il sera la semaine prochaine sur mon divan.

Quels seront les autres invités? Who will be the next guests ?

Anne Hidalgo, Jean-Luc Mélenchon, Luc Besson, Mika, Jamel, Lagerfeld, Balasko... Il y en aura 20 en tout."

You can try to go to Le Divan recording with Mika on Friday April 10th at 11 AM

La Plaine Saint Denis - 93210

but it's a lottery

http://www.idille-emissions.tv

http://www.idille-emissions.tv/emissions/inscription/

Check their twitter for the last updates

https://twitter.com/AgenceIdille

Edited by crazyaboutmika

• 2 weeks later...