Mika and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra - 2nd night - 11 Feb 2015

guylainem123

REPORTS THREAD: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33813

================================================

Maison symphonique de Montréal

1600 Saint-Urbain Street, Montreal QC

maison_symphonique2_zps824adc6c.jpgmika_thumb_zps567d36de.jpg

Concert date and time: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 - 8:00 PM

Ticket Prices: $41* to $107* (* Prices include service fees excluding taxes.)

Artists: Mika, singer - Simon Leclerc, conductor and orchestrator

Presentation of the concert:

His debut album, Life in Cartoon Motion, sold more than nineteen million copies, catapulting this Beirut-born singer, songwriter, composer and pianist overnight into the top ranks of pop music. Mika performs his hit songs for the first time with symphony orchestra, to the great delight of his many fans.

This concert is part of the series: OSM POP

-----------------

MFC Seating Chart

Second night:

Sandra00: AA-??

mellody: BB-3

Roxou123: BB-4, BB-6

MyEtoileMk: BB-8, BB-10

Guylaine123: BB-12

Alie: BB-14, BB-16

Sarik31: BB-24

Grazia: CC-18

Paola C.: CC-25

tortuetetue: A-1, A-3

BangBangLou: A-2

cathblais: A-??

Treasa: B-8

Buttonsloveu: B-10

Kath: B-12

Littlelady: C-10, C-12

Graciosa : C-14

Cathouzouf: G-27

Alireine: G-29

Dcdeb: K-17

Nanou: K-19

mine: M-12

Philippe60: M-14

mamiam: U-7

DutchAnnie: U-28, U-30

Miss_Kristal: V-15

Salura22: V-25

kat75: A-105 (loge 102)

Kezza: A2-10 (mezzanine)

PLAN OF THE VENUE FOR THE 2ND NIGHT

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor second show doesn't get any attention:blush-anim-cl:

Hm; I would like to see both, if I will find a way to realize that project, only the flight to Montreal will be ca 14 hours:shocked: Does anybody know a payable hotel?

Hm; I would like to see both, if I will find a way to realize that project, only the flight to Montreal will be ca 14 hours:shocked: Does anybody know a payable hotel?

I can suggest a few, there are a few very close to Maison symphonique

ok, so I've got a question about the seats, for the ones who already went to the venue :blush-anim-cl::

I checked on the OSM website and it seems that the most expensive tickets are the Prestige one, but they are not the one directly in the front (these are "1", I guess first categorie). Is there a trick? If I buy one right in the front (cheaper :mf_rosetinted:) is it possible that I don't see well? :mf_rosetinted:

I find that Hall's plan quite strange :aah:

ok, so I've got a question about the seats, for the ones who already went to the venue :blush-anim-cl::

I checked on the OSM website and it seems that the most expensive tickets are the Prestige one, but they are not the one directly in the front (these are "1", I guess first categorie). Is there a trick? If I buy one right in the front (cheaper :mf_rosetinted:) is it possible that I don't see well? :mf_rosetinted:

I was wondering that as well...

And I will have to choose one of the 2 shows, I can't afford to go to both, I guess I have a month do decide which one

The scene is quite high so the first rows might not be the best...

Only time I went there, I was first row in the balcony on the view was really good, especially if you want to see the orchestra too.

:thumb_yello: Thanks a lot!! These Montreal gigs are almost impossible to resist - I'm happy there's still some time - to decide what to do!! ... :teehee:

Love,love

me

Only time I went there, I was first row in the balcony on the view was really good, especially if you want to see the orchestra too.

ok, thanks :thumb_yello:

I think that the tickets will be sold out so quickly that I will already be happy if I get one, even at last row :aah:

Yes I hope everyone jumping on a plane to come to this understands it's not going to be anything like an intimate acoustic tour. It's not a chance to get cozy with Mika. Not only will we be lucky to get any tickets but don't expect any long chats with him later. The crowd waiting for him in Quebec last time I went was as big and crazy as anything in France and even if you are insane enough to wait outside during the polar vortex I doubt Mika will be :naughty:

Yes I hope everyone jumping on a plane to come to this understands it's not going to be anything like an intimate acoustic tour. It's not a chance to get cozy with Mika. Not only will we be lucky to get any tickets but don't expect any long chats with him later. The crowd waiting for him in Quebec last time I went was as big and crazy as anything in France and even if you are insane enough to wait outside during the polar vortex I doubt Mika will be :naughty:

Oh at the Montgolfière? the crowd waiting for him was insane!

Good thing we had a little M & G for MFCers, otherwise it was crazyyy :freak:

I also think this is a sit down/calm concert, if Simpleplan is anything to go by.

It's definitely not the same ambiance as a usual concert.

And yes.... February is definitely very cold in Montreal:aah:

Oh at the Montgolfière? the crowd waiting for him was insane!

Good thing we had a little M & G for MFCers, otherwise it was crazyyy :freak:

I also think this is a sit down/calm concert, if Simpleplan is anything to go by.

It's definitely not the same ambiance as a usual concert.

And yes.... February is definitely very cold in Montreal:aah:

In April there were about 100 people waiting patiently in line and everyone was able to get a quick fix:naughty: with him.

that was a concert with only 700 seats... 100 people waited

I wanted to emphasize that people were patient, unlike the craziness of Les Montgolfières:wink2:

Plus I don't think the usual OSM crowd waits for the artist after:naughty:

I wanted to emphasize that people were patient, unlike the craziness of Les Montgolfières:wink2:

Plus I don't think the usual OSM crowd waits for the artist after:naughty:

i also saw on twitter and FB people complaining because they didn't get to see him after the Corona...

they were actually quite upset & blamed everyone around them, said they were pushed etc... :dunno:

I wouldn't know, i didn't wait for him :blush-anim-cl:

not that i'll be able to go, but just out of curiosity, how many people does this venue hold?

i'd love to go, despite the cold, despite mika just doing 10 songs, despite the long flight, the language i don't understand, and everything you said above... mika in concert with a symphony orchestra would be a dream come true. but i just can't see a chance for me with a 7 month old baby, neither for taking it with me nor for leaving it here for that long. guess i'll just have to wait until mika is a huge star in the whole world and can afford to do a world tour with a symphony orchestra. :aah:

or maybe there'll be at least a dvd. :teehee: or some youtube recordings. i'll take anything. :naughty:

sigh. :sad:

not that i'll be able to go, but just out of curiosity, how many people does this venue hold?

i'd love to go, despite the cold, despite mika just doing 10 songs, despite the long flight, the language i don't understand, and everything you said above... mika in concert with a symphony orchestra would be a dream come true. but i just can't see a chance for me with a 7 month old baby, neither for taking it with me nor for leaving it here for that long. guess i'll just have to wait until mika is a huge star in the whole world and can afford to do a world tour with a symphony orchestra. :aah:

or maybe there'll be at least a dvd. :teehee: or some youtube recordings. i'll take anything. :naughty:

sigh. :sad:

Venue capacity is around 2,000

Show will be more than 10 songs BTW, "une dizaine" is just an expression

Edited by cathouzouf

i also saw on twitter and FB people complaining because they didn't get to see him after the Corona...

they were actually quite upset & blamed everyone around them, said they were pushed etc... :dunno:

I wouldn't know, i didn't wait for him :blush-anim-cl:

Those were probably people after us, some that wete just behind try to push, but we explained it was in their best interest not too... Turn out we were right:thumb_yello:

Thanks to help us to keep feet on the ground everybody :huglove: It's better not to have big expectations, in order not to be disappointed. But, even if I have to stand and only see one of his curl and nothing else during the whole concert, that would already be a unique experience to hear I think :wub2: So I'll do my best to come :mf_rosetinted:

Mellody, a baby is worth 10 000 Mika's gig :huglove: and I'm almost sure there will be a few videos on You Tube, if not a proper professional recording :thumb_yello: