MFC Downtime

Hello all,

We're slowly getting back up and running after the longest outage in MFC history! It's good to be back. :huglove:

You'll notice that all posts made after April 20th are missing. This is because the hard drive failed in the server MFC is hosted on - all data on that hard drive was lost, and cannot be recovered. :sad:

Luckily, there was a backup copy of the (ENORMOUS) MFC database that was only a week old, dating back to April 20th. After our hosting company repaired the physical server we're hosted on, we were able to restore the site from this backup copy.

I know it freakin' sucks to lose a whole week's worth of posts, but let's all be thankful we didn't lose over five years worth. :shocked:

It will likely be slow going for a while as our techie StandardToaster (Andrew) is re-indexing the database.

Let us know if you have any questions - and welcome back! :biggrin2:

Edited by lollipop_monkey

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes! HHUUGGEE thanks to everyone who helped get us back up and running!!!:naughty::biggrin2::huglove: And yes, if we had lost all 5 years worth......:mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted: I dont even want to talk about it.

OMG praise the lawd MFC is back! :hi5::dance_man::kachinga::pbjt::excite:

phew i'm so glad we didnt lose more posts, it could've been so much worse! :mikasweat:

Thanks to all helped get it back online & to those who kept us updated on twitter! :bow::clap:

Wait, does that mean all new accounts that were made in that time were lost also? Did we lose a bunch of newbies?! :tears: (Okay, not a bunch. But there was bound to be a few)

Unfortunately yes. Same with any wall posts, PMs, signature/avatar changes - basically anything after April 20th is gone. :sad:

To the newbies: if you signed up after April 20th and your account is missing, go ahead and register again. You'll be able to use the same username you picked the first time. :thumb_yello:

Unfortunately yes. Same with any wall posts, PMs, signature/avatar changes - basically anything after April 20th is gone. :sad:

If any newbies are reading this and are finding their accounts are missing, go ahead and sign up again. You'll be able to use the same username you picked the first time. :thumb_yello:

Awww I lost my PM's. :tears: C' mon Newbies!! Please rejoin us!!

MFC is back :yay:

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE, for your efforts, you're the BEST :huglove:

I coulnd't live without MFC, you're my second family :group_hug:

Edited by Mikasister