Hia Leah - lyrics and discussion

We have a publicly available video (for now :naughty:) so time for a discussion!

[YOUTUBE]sb1HKuCDHj0[/YOUTUBE]

This is my best guess on the lyrics right now. Any suggestions welcome. :thumb_yello:

Hia Leah out of my reach

Now that you preach

Gotta find ya

Some other way

In order to say

Any other love song

They may take you for a ride

But mine aren't like the other ones

I won't try to satisfy my urges of desire on you

On you

Hia Leah I'll be your moon

Follow you soon

Just to see ya

Float into space

The moon on your face

Any other love song

They like to romanticize

And tell you you're the only one

I don't need to idolize

I love you just the way you are

Just the way you are

Hia Leah I'll be your prince

Won't drop any hints

Cause I need ya

All money is spent

Can't pay my rent

Any other love song

They like to fool you blind

I don't need to idolize

I need you and that's all

I need you that's all

We have a publicly available video (for now :naughty:) so time for a discussion!

[YOUTUBE]sb1HKuCDHj0[/YOUTUBE]

This is my best guess on the lyrics right now. Any suggestions welcome. :thumb_yello:

Hia Leah out of my reach

Now that you preach

Gotta find ya

Stumble away

In order to say

Any other love song

They may take you for a ride

I won't try to satisfy my urges of desire on you

On you

Hia Leah I'll be your moon

Follow you soon

Just to see ya

Float into space

The moon on your face

Any other love song

They like to romanticize

And tell you you're the only one

I don't need to idolize

I love you just the way you are

Just the way you are

Hia Leah I'll be your prince

Won't drop any hints

Cause I need ya

All money is spent

Can't pay my rent

Any other love song

They like to fool you blind

I don't need to idolize

I need you and that's all

I need you that's all

The only thing I hear differently is the fourth line -- I hear "some other way" instead of "stumble away."

And I love it. :wub2:

It's beautiful, I love it. :fangurl:

I can't shake the feeling that the title is spelled wrong, though. :teehee: I would spell the first word "hiya" but I guess since it's not an actual word there's no wrong spelling. And I've never heard "Leah" pronounced that way, even with British accent.

I can't shake the feeling that the title is spelled wrong, though. :teehee: I would spell the first word "hiya" but I guess since it's not an actual word there's no wrong spelling. And I've never heard "Leah" pronounced that way, even with British accent.

Well I've wondered about the title. Because Hia Leah is a place down here in Florida near Miami. And he recorded in Miami. So I wonder if he went there and if it has anything to do with the song.

Well I've wondered about the title. Because Hia Leah is a place down here in Florida near Miami. And he recorded in Miami. So I wonder if he went there and if it has anything to do with the song.

Oh, interesting! That's too much to be a mere coincidence. Is it pronounced the way he pronounces it?

Yes, I thought that too as soon as I saw how it was spelled on the setlist. And it also fits in with the way he played with the song at the end, substituting California for Hia Leah -- as if it's meant to be about a place, not necessarily a person. :thumb_yello:

Yes, I thought that too as soon as I saw how it was spelled on the setlist. And it also fits in with the way he played with the song at the end, substituting California for Hia Leah -- as if it's meant to be about a place, not necessarily a person. :thumb_yello:

Yeah, I thought that too after the "California" substitute (which turned hilarious btw). So assuming there isn't a more known Hia Leah in existence...score one for Florida. :thumb_yello:

Ok, so . . . he buys a house in the Miami area, then writes a love song about an area near Miami? Hmmm. :fisch:

All part of my elaborate and vengeful plan for Florida to steal him. If he'd just include us in his tour I wouldn't have resort to such extreme measures. :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for the info!

I liked what he did with 'California' but I didn't realise at first that Hia Leah could be a place too :thumb_yello:

Totally agree but I have to heard it with better sound. :wink2:

Oh I thought it was"Century man"!! Sorry!! ^^

Yes I prefer "Century man" me too I have blow of heart for this song :wub2:

I'd a notice safer for "Hia Leah" when we have the studio version ;)