Here you are !! :thumb_yello:

Episode 13

April 04, 2015

Vidéo The Voice :

EXCLU MONDIALE ! Mika chante son nouveau single « Talk About You » [HD]

[YOUTUBE]-xs1fHm5Ygc[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a YouTube link.

At the end of the performance Nikos was talking about something and I was not really paying attention to it, so at first I heard "it's the mouse on top of our cake" and I was like EEEWWW

(ofc he said "it's the cherry on top of our cake") :biggrin2:

I am wondering though, Last Party got a video, but the lead single of his new album hasn't gotten a video yet? Do you guys think that will still come? I think the promotion of the song would go better if there was a video on Youtube that people could watch, that could be shown on tv..

I am wondering though, Last Party got a video, but the lead single of his new album hasn't gotten a video yet? Do you guys think that will still come? I think the promotion of the song would go better if there was a video on Youtube that people could watch, that could be shown on tv..

i was wondering this too. In the past videos have come out some weeks after the single, so hopefully they're working on it :thumb_yello:

i was wondering this too. In the past videos have come out some weeks after the single, so hopefully they're working on it :thumb_yello:

It's like with MYH, where a video came out even though it wasn't a single.

However, Mika would be smart to promote the Last Party vid, as I think it would be really popular, and it showcases Mika's voice and presence better that many of the singles vids.

When I saw the Celebrate video, what I mostly thought was. "I'd hate to be the one picking up all that litter. Pity the poor trees that died for that video.

Is that so? :shocked:

I think I have some language issue here. I don't get how being sensible is related to liking Mika.

I'm still thinking about that.

Yeah, I forecast many tv shows will mock him, and radio stations as well, along with my husband and my friends.

Every random italian gets immediately aware that the two songs are related since the very first listening. I'll try to have my mom listen to it and see if she can relate Talk about you with sarà perchè ti amo. That will be the ultimate test, if she spots the ressemblance, then that's it, there's no way out.

But I'm not sure that will be a total failure.

Everybody, deep inside, secretly loves sarà perchè ti amo. But no one would ever admit it (but me), cause it's kind of lame. But it's cute and lighthearted and funny and catchy. And it strikes a chord like all those old items do (say floppy disks, telephone boxes, Glo Wormes, Belle and Sebastian, Popples, and omg Care Bears :wub2:)

Talk about you might give them a great excuse to feel that vibe with no shame. No one really cares whether the two songs sound alike, except us, who like to talk and argue about Mika's work.

Of course, that wouldn't help him to get a great song writer status, but I don't think he really ever got that halo. People don't think about him as a Freddy Mercury or Bocelli, they think about him as a cute and lighthearted and funny singer.

So, I'm not sure that this song wouldn't work in Italy.

I don't know about that - it seemed he was on his way there in 2008 when he won the prestigious Ivor Novello Songwriter of the Year award.

Maison Barclay ‏@MaisonBarclay

Nouveau single de @mikasounds mercredi : TALK ABOUT YOU ! #Mika #talkaboutyou

[YOUTUBE]P-ogqW7dFNE[/YOUTUBE]

I like very much this song! It's so nice! :blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

does anyone else starting feeling nostalgic when they hear this,due to the piano resemblance to "Love Today"???:fisch::wub2:

on a more serious note... I'm getting a little worried that i'm not hearing this on commercial radio here in the UK. i only say this because i'm starting already sensing a repeat of TOOL that's all,if Mika want's to attract UK audiences he/ or the company need to do it NOW !!!

does anyone else starting feeling nostalgic when they hear this,due to the piano resemblance to "Love Today"???:fisch::wub2:

on a more serious note... I'm getting a little worried that i'm not hearing this on commercial radio here in the UK. i only say this because i'm starting already sensing a repeat of TOOL that's all,if Mika want's to attract UK audiences he/ or the company need to do it NOW !!!

I get what you're saying. They should go all in now

I agree. The song needs to be out there if it's going to be a hit.

I agree. The song needs to be out there if it's going to be a hit.

Definitely. Hopefully when the video is released and the Voice is finished (in two weeks?) he'll promote it like crazy.

In two weeks we'll see the vid as the director tweeted :cheer:

KT Auleta ‏@KTAuleta

@mikashair @mikasounds in the next couple weeks we will post it!! Edit looking amazing today ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

In two weeks we'll see the vid as the director tweeted :cheer:

KT Auleta ‏@KTAuleta

@mikashair @mikasounds in the next couple weeks we will post it!! Edit looking amazing today ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Thank you Alba :huglove:

I can't wait to see it :excite:

That's right! Right now we are the only people who now it has been released

your both right, here in the UK I feel that the moment as through it's only the Mika fans that know this song exists, I mean we can talk about the song, share it on social network etc: but we can only do so much,the rest of the promotion has to come from Mika/his Management/his Record Company, we need to start hearing it in public on a regular basis NOW .If we start hearing it now, it'll be perfect timing because the album will come weeks after !!!

Carly Rae Jepson's single I really like you" was released not long before "talk about you", but that's getting played quite regularly on radio here and her album follows in late June. So what is it that Carly has that Mika hasn't ?,it's difficult because in terms of singles Mika has more successful singles than Carly in the UK (because of "Life in Cartoon Motion")

speaking of "Life In Cartoon Motion" there are people here that think Mika only had one album then disappeared. I'm like "noooo he's working on his 4th":doh:.Seems England is losing grip of Mika, real fast and real quick. This album is an opportunity for that not to happen. But for it to happen Mika MUST PROMOTE PROMOTE PROMOTE !!!

your both right, here in the UK I feel that the moment as through it's only the Mika fans that know this song exists, I mean we can talk about the song, share it on social network etc: but we can only do so much,the rest of the promotion has to come from Mika/his Management/his Record Company, we need to start hearing it in public on a regular basis NOW .If we start hearing it now, it'll be perfect timing because the album will come weeks after !!!

Carly Rae Jepson's single I really like you" was released not long before "talk about you", but that's getting played quite regularly on radio here and her album follows in late June. So what is it that Carly has that Mika hasn't ?,it's difficult because in terms of singles Mika has more successful singles than Carly in the UK (because of "Life in Cartoon Motion")

speaking of "Life In Cartoon Motion" there are people here that think Mika only had one album then disappeared. I'm like "noooo he's working on his 4th":doh:.Seems England is losing grip of Mika, real fast and real quick. This album is an opportunity for that not to happen. But for it to happen Mika MUST PROMOTE PROMOTE PROMOTE !!!

I'm starting to feel like it's TOOL all over again. Although, on Ken Bruces show, a few weeks back, Ken said the release date is on 18th May, so this leads me to believe, that this is when Mika might start to promote it here leading up to the album release, as by then The Voice will be done with, and he will be starting touring.

But, at this time he will be going off to do the Asian part of the tour, so won't be around to do full on promo for it here, so I'm not sure how this is going to pan out. I just feel a sense of deja vu going on.

• Like 1