New Signature Size Rules

Droopsy

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

:italia:

It has come to our attention that there is a need for signature size limits. The results of the poll we had a few weeks ago seemed to verify this. We are aware that a signature is a way for people to express themselves more, but we are also certain that this can be done without disturbing someone else's reading pleasure.

The new rules effective immediately are:

1. The total size of your signature can not exceed 600 pixels (width) X 300 pixels (height). This includes text!

2. Animated images (gifs) are allowed, but only 1 per signature and the file size should not exceed 1,5 MB.

3. Remember, links or images that aren't acceptable on the forum aren't allowed in your signature either. This includes advertisement, spam etc.

4. No embedded videos allowed

FYI, this is what 600 px X 300 px looks like:

whitesmoke2.jpg

If you don't know how big your signature image is, right click it in firefox and select 'view image info'. Dimensions shows how big your signature is in pixels, Size shows how big the signature is in bytes. Another way to check the size is right clicking the image on your computer or use an image editing program such as photoshop, GIMP, paint etc.

These rules apply to everyone, also to the world representatives.

If your signature violates any of the new rules, please change it. A mod may contact you to alter it. If you don't do this in a reasonable amount of time (maximum five days), your signature may be disabled/deleted.

The MFC Mod/Admin Team

:Update:

Thank you for the informations!! :yes::biggrin2:

Hi everyone! I'm an italian Mika's fan! My name is Gabriella! I think that Mika is the best singer in the world and a very special person! Bye =D <3

Hi Gabriella! Nice to meet you! :blush-anim-cl: I think this is not the right place for introduce yourself :teehee::aah:

This is the italian section =D http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27270&page=189

Hi everyone! I'm an italian Mika's fan! My name is Gabriella! I think that Mika is the best singer in the world and a very special person! Bye =D <3

Thank you for the informations!! :yes::biggrin2:

Hi Gabriella! Nice to meet you! :blush-anim-cl: I think this is not the right place for introduce yourself :teehee::aah:

This is the italian section =D http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27270&page=189

thank you Ally! :thumb_yello:

In the meantime Gabriella has opened a thread introducing herself :wink2:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys

Guess my old siggie is too big can u fix it please or should i try?

Wonka,

I can make the World Rep logo smaller, but I can't find the original video to make that gif smaller.

• 1 month later...

The individual smilies don't count as graphics and I think the overall size of your sig is within the size limits. 

I'm not keen on your choice of gif, though.  But that's just me -- bothers me to see anyone do that gesture, even Mika. Just don't find it funny or cute.   :dunno:

Whatever. What I've been meaning to tell you is your avatar is not really allowed -- we should have said something sooner. We don't censor this place heavily, but there are certain words that we've historically kept off the forum. And even though it's Mika giving the finger, we wouldn't allow you to say F*** YOU to anyone on the forum, so I don't think it's appropriate to use it as your profile pic. If you could change it soon, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!  :thumb_yello:

The individual smilies don't count as graphics and I think the overall size of your sig is within the size limits. 

I'm not keen on your choice of gif, though.  But that's just me -- bothers me to see anyone do that gesture, even Mika. Just don't find it funny or cute.   :dunno:

Whatever. What I've been meaning to tell you is your avatar is not really allowed -- we should have said something sooner. We don't censor this place heavily, but there are certain words that we've historically kept off the forum. And even though it's Mika giving the finger, we wouldn't allow you to say F*** YOU to anyone on the forum, so I don't think it's appropriate to use it as your profile pic. If you could change it soon, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!  :thumb_yello:

I'm glad you said something actually! I have something I want to change it to, just gotta... do the actual making of the icon part. So I deleted it for now. And the signature, I'm actually no longer keen on it either. I don't think it's the gesture but something else about it visually is bugging me and I have no idea what it is, but I'm scrapping it for now. (I think it's size related.)

• 2 months later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread since I've noticed a few people with more than 1 gif in their sigs -- and I think some sigs have been a bit larger than we ask, as well.

Since we've moved servers, maybe these guidelines need to be revisited, but until we decide otherwise, it would be good if you all could re-read them and adjust your sig files as necessary. Thanks!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/27524-new-signature-size-rules/

Sorry for sounding a bit thick, but on this new site, how might I go about putting a picture in my sig?

I tried a few weeks back, but nothing seemed to happen, where am I going wrong?

Sorry for sounding a bit thick, but on this new site, how might I go about putting a picture in my sig?

I tried a few weeks back, but nothing seemed to happen, where am I going wrong?

In the full version of the site, go into My profile (after clicking on your user name) and click on edit my profile. Then go into the signature tab

• Like 1

• dcdeb unpinned this topic