Mika and the Montreal Symphony Orchestra - 2nd night - 11 Feb 2015

guylainem123

My first international trip alone... to celebrate my 50th birthday... meeting new friends... oh, and seeing Mika two nights in a row. I honestly can't think of a better thing to invest in as a gift to myself.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first international trip alone... to celebrate my 50th birthday... meeting new friends... oh, and seeing Mika two nights in a row. I honestly can't think of a better thing to invest in as a gift to myself.

:huglove::huglove::huglove:

You will see, no-one stays alone

You will see, no-one stays alone

I am very glad of that.

Whenever I've attended other concerts away from home, it's been like this:

1. Travel to concert city.
  2. Waste time wandering all day, spending money I don't have, but nothing I can't take into venue later.
  3. Go to venue.
  4. Have idle conversation with people I will never see again.
  5. Watch concert.
  6. Leave venue.
  7. Come home.

Because the "away" shows were usually in Seattle, this involved me taking a red-eye bus to and from Spokane, my only sleep the five hours on the bus. It'd leave at around 2 AM and get me there just in time for breakfast, do much the same on the turnaround. As you can imagine, nothing too huge, but almost always alone.

And the only reason I saw Richard Marx in Phoenix, Arizona was the person I was visiting there sprung it on me as a surprise.

I've gone to Chicago to see jazz saxophonist Dave Koz, but I had a friend I was able to attend with and stay overnight with - I was actually visiting a long ex-boyfriend in Toledo and he didn't want to go, so I took the bus into Chicago from Toledo and back. Dave and I were writing letters back and forth at the time, so getting to meet up after several years was nice. (Our previous path crossing was when he was touring with Richard Marx during his first and second tour.)

It wasn't so bad when I went to Seattle to see him at the Ballard Firehouse a year or so later, because I got there early and got to hang with him and the rest of the people working on his show. Also got to reconnect with Mark Schulman from Richard's second tour, at that time - he was drumming for Dave during that show - and meet HIS family, who live in the Seattle area.

ZZ Top in Detroit, with the long-ago ex that same holiday away because he wanted to see them, and Melissa Etheridge locally with my high school sweetheart, when we were both older, wiser and wondering if maybe we'd made a mistake breaking up, way back when. (Turned out the answer was nope!) :teehee:

Took my oldest to see the Backstreet Boys in Tacoma, but that was her choice of artists, not mine. The adventure of her young lifetime. I was never more grateful for earplugs. We've seen other shows together since then, but not out of town.

But yeah - most of the time it's been just me and my pack of tickets (concert and bus) when I've been out of the area, so being able to see so many friends, even if they're new to me, is very exciting and I cannot wait!

Latest update ! You may copy it in the description if you want :thumb_yello:

I'm not sure what the best way to handle this is, actually. I thought it might work to put the seat numbers up with the names in the RSVP list, but it seems that I can't edit that section. :blink: And I thought we admins were all-powerful! :naughty:

In any case, Alie, I don't want to step on your toes -- this was your idea and you've been so good about keeping the list updated. Maybe it would be good if you posted each night's list in the appropriate thread? I know that means 3 places to update instead of just one, though... Maybe a separate thread just for the seats? I'm not sure yet, I have to think on it some more. :teehee:

First night :

milady: AA-11, AA-13

BangBangLou: AA-8

Zimwana: AA-18

Alie: BB-10, BB-12, BB14

DutchAnnie: BB-16, BB-18

Sarik31: BB-20

Rachie_B: BB-9, BB-11, BB-13, BB-15

Cathouzouf: CC-6

Alireine : CC-8

Littlelady: A-11, A-13, A-15

Treasa: B-1

Buttonsloveu: B-3

Kath: B-5

mamiam: B-2

fanchon: B-??

Guylaine123: B-12

Nanou: B-14

Dcdeb: B-16

mine: F-23

Philippe60: F-25

MyEtoileMk: L-2

Ambroisette: M-??

Kezza: A2-10 (mezzanine)

Second night:

Sandra00: AA-??

Roxou123: BB-4, BB-6

MyEtoileMk: BB-8, BB-10

Guylaine123: BB-12

Alie: BB-14, BB-16

Sarik31: BB-24

BangBangLou: A-2

Treasa: B-8

Buttonsloveu: B-10

Kath: B-12

Littlelady: C-10, C-12

Graciosa : C-14

Cathouzouf: G-27

Alireine: G-29

Dcdeb: K-??

mine: M-12

Philippe60: M-14

mamiam: U-7

Miss_Kristal: V-15

Salura22: V-25

Kezza: A2-10 (mezzanine)

Third night:

sarik31: AA-2

mine: AA-16

Philippe60: AA-18

Alireine: AA-17

Guylaine123: BB-1

Nanou: BB-3

Dcdeb: BB-5

Treasa: BB-2

Buttonsloveu: BB-4

Kath: BB-6

Miss_Kristal: CC-5

milady: CC-??

mamiam: A-14

MyEtoileMk: B-1

DutchAnnie: E-28, E-30

Cathouzouf: C3-14 (balcony)

I'm not sure what the best way to handle this is, actually. I thought it might work to put the seat numbers up with the names in the RSVP list, but it seems that I can't edit that section. :blink: And I thought we admins were all-powerful! :naughty:

In any case, Alie, I don't want to step on your toes -- this was your idea and you've been so good about keeping the list updated. Maybe it would be good if you posted each night's list in the appropriate thread? I know that means 3 places to update instead of just one, though... Maybe a separate thread just for the seats? I'm not sure yet, I have to think on it some more. :teehee:

We already have a separate post for the travel arrangement and discussion... it might be the best place to put it, and put a link in each show thread?

and Allie, there is a floor plan you could use on the OSm website http://www.osm.ca/fr/decouvrez-losm/la-salle/plan-de-la-salle

Edited by cathouzouf

I don't feel like you step on my toes. :teehee: We are both trying to find the best way to share the list to everyone who's looking for it. :thumb_yello: I'm just not sure because I feel like I'm spamming when I update my list. If I just update my first post, it gets lost in the discussion. If I put a list in each thread, I'll spam 3 threads instead of one. :aah:

And thanks Cath for the floor plan. :huglove:

I don't feel like you step on my toes. :teehee: We are both trying to find the best way to share the list to everyone who's looking for it. :thumb_yello: I'm just not sure because I feel like I'm spamming when I update my list. If I just update my first post, it gets lost in the discussion. If I put a list in each thread, I'll spam 3 threads instead of one. :aah:

And thanks Cath for the floor plan. :huglove:

If everybody could edit their rsvp and put their seat number after their reply... would that help?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
You're not... It's just that now you can fully savour the excitment!

exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its like... this whole excitment was bottled up and now i can..

LET IT GOOOOOOOOOO LET IT GOOOOOOOOOOO

youre welcome:mf_rosetinted:

:naughty:

SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ok.. going to make supper..

bye..

bye..

bye now..

SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:wub2:

Was just wondering something...

Is it weird to ask people not to spoil the concert during the three days event? I mean, I'd like to come to MFC securely, or Twitter, or Facebook, without anybody revealing any surprises during the show (i.e. setlist, guests if any, etc.)

Anyways, felt like sharing my worries :teehee:

I'M SO EXCITED THOUGH :excite:

Is it weird to ask people not to spoil the concert during the three days event? I mean, I'd like to come to MFC securely, or Twitter, or Facebook, without anybody revealing any surprises during the show (i.e. setlist, guests if any, etc.)

I think we all who can´t go want to hear everything as soon as possible, so we all hope to get the infos....., so please Raya close your eyes if you don´t want to see anything :huglove:

I think you'll have to skip the gig thread reports & your twitter feed. :teehee:

I for one think the ones who aren't able to go will want to hear about our evenings asap. So i will write a report and tweet about it.

I think you'll have to skip the gig thread reports & your twitter feed. :teehee:

I for one think the ones who aren't able to go will want to hear about our evenings asap. So i will write a report and tweet about it.

We will be very grateful :thumb_yello::flowers2:

I won't put any spoilers on twitter or FB, but if i don't write my report ASAP i'll forget all the details :teehee: