Shooting for a commercial in Antwerpen, Belgium (26/07/14)

BiaIchihara

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot for sharing the pics and video!!!:thumb_yello:

I imagine the surprise of the travelers in the station! Nice surprise!!!

Does anybody know more about this event?

(My traditionnal sunday catching-up of the forum is being funny this week )

Thanks a lot for pics and vid!

If I had been on the station at that time I would definitely have missed my train :aah:.

(My traditionnal sunday catching-up of the forum is being funny this week )

Thanks a lot for pics and vid!

If I had been on the station at that time I would definitely have missed my train :aah:.

Thanks to everyone who posted pics and videos :huglove: You guys rock :punk:

I love you MFCers :huglove::wub2:

Mika

Thank you for the pics and the video!!

I love when he is putting his coat off. Serious things start :naughty:

There is a detailed report wandering around on Twitter :fisch:

:naughty::naughty:

So happy for those fans attending the event :thumb_yello:

Thanks a lot for sharing the pics and video!!!:thumb_yello:

I imagine the surprise of the travelers in the station! Nice surprise!!!

Does anybody know more about this event?

Obviously, I wasn't there :tears: but I can tell you about it and how Mika Fan Club fans happened to be there :thumb_yello:

For the benefit of our new members who may not realize it, Mika actually owns the domain MikaFanClub.com -- basically he owns MFC. The MFC Mod/Admin Team work very closely with his management team based in London. We're in contact with them several times a week, discussing various things that affect the fans -- sometimes competitions, ticket giveaways, meet and greets, and other things.

A few days ago, late in the day on Wednesday, we were asked to find 20 or so fans in the Antwerp area for some filming. At the time it was unclear whether Mika would actually be there, but we were asked to only invite fans who could be discreet. What does discreet mean? In this case, it meant fans who could be trusted to keep this filming to themselves and not discuss it publicly on social media or even privately with other fans who were not invited. It was important to keep this filming low-key for several reasons, mostly because it would not have been possible to film if dozens of screaming, crazed fans turned up uninvited.

The next day, we began to track down fans who we knew were from northern Belgium and the Netherlands who we thought might be able to commit to a full-day of filming on such short notice. We sent PM's here on MFC and also posted a message on the MFC Facebook page geotagged for Belgium. I began to go through and look for names I recognized as well as people who appeared to be in the Antwerp area. Many people didn't reply to me, some who did reply were unable to attend because they were on holiday, had to work or had other commitments.

Eventually, we came up with around 20 names of MFCers, both long-time fans and newer ones, who said they were absolutely positive they could make the filming. By that time, it was confirmed that Mika would be on hand for the filming! :thumb_yello: I gave everyone a lecture on keeping quiet about this filming and also on how to behave -- no one should crowd around Mika or beg for his signature or a photo, as it was all meant to be very relaxed and laid-back.

I sent the list of names to Mika's team, and they gave the fans more details on the filming, which lasted from noon until late in the day. It eventually turned out that the filming was for a commercial.

And of course by now you've seen all the photos and videos all over Twitter and FB so you know how the day went. It seems that everything went smoothly -- and I think everyone was able to have a little Mika time, taking a photo with him, or at least chatting a few words with him. :wub2:

I wanted to take a minute here to stress that this all went off so well because the MFCers involved -- both those who ended up going as well as those who were asked but could not go -- understood how important it was to not blab all over the internet that something was going to happen in Antwerp this weekend. Of course, I know that some details leaked out because I received several messages from curious fans who had heard hints about "something." But overall, everyone understood that sometimes you do need to have some secrecy -- if it had not gone so well, it could very well have jeopardized our chance for future similar opportunities. So I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who honored our request to keep things to yourself.

You also probably understand now why I was asking everyone to update their location and ages in the user profiles. We really DO need to take a look at our demographics. But also if more chances like this come up in the future, it will be a lot easier for us to search on your locations and find you -- as much as I would like to know everything about every one of you, there is just no way I can! :wink2: Also, sometimes these things have age limits (although this one didn't) and we need to be sure that you're over 16 or over 18 or whatever may be required.

Anyhow... that's my long answer to mine's question! If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to send me a PM. :thumb_yello:

Does somebody know more about the connection with Mobistar? I'm not fully getting the connection between a commercial campaign for the album and it being at the same time some commercial for Mobistar? Is it something like with LYL / San Miguel?

Obviously, I wasn't there :tears: but I can tell you about it and how Mika Fan Club fans happened to be there :thumb_yello:

For the benefit of our new members who may not realize it, Mika actually owns the domain MikaFanClub.com -- basically he owns MFC. The MFC Mod/Admin Team work very closely with his management team based in London. We're in contact with them several times a week, discussing various things that affect the fans -- sometimes competitions, ticket giveaways, meet and greets, and other things.

A few days ago, late in the day on Wednesday, we were asked to find 20 or so fans in the Antwerp area for some filming. At the time it was unclear whether Mika would actually be there, but we were asked to only invite fans who could be discreet. What does discreet mean? In this case, it meant fans who could be trusted to keep this filming to themselves and not discuss it publicly on social media or even privately with other fans who were not invited. It was important to keep this filming low-key for several reasons, mostly because it would not have been possible to film if dozens of screaming, crazed fans turned up uninvited.

The next day, we began to track down fans who we knew were from northern Belgium and the Netherlands who we thought might be able to commit to a full-day of filming on such short notice. We sent PM's here on MFC and also posted a message on the MFC Facebook page geotagged for Belgium. I began to go through and look for names I recognized as well as people who appeared to be in the Antwerp area. Many people didn't reply to me, some who did reply were unable to attend because they were on holiday, had to work or had other commitments.

Eventually, we came up with around 20 names of MFCers, both long-time fans and newer ones, who said they were absolutely positive they could make the filming. By that time, it was confirmed that Mika would be on hand for the filming! :thumb_yello: I gave everyone a lecture on keeping quiet about this filming and also on how to behave -- no one should crowd around Mika or beg for his signature or a photo, as it was all meant to be very relaxed and laid-back.

I sent the list of names to Mika's team, and they gave the fans more details on the filming, which lasted from noon until late in the day. It eventually turned out that the filming was for a commercial.

And of course by now you've seen all the photos and videos all over Twitter and FB so you know how the day went. It seems that everything went smoothly -- and I think everyone was able to have a little Mika time, taking a photo with him, or at least chatting a few words with him. :wub2:

I wanted to take a minute here to stress that this all went off so well because the MFCers involved -- both those who ended up going as well as those who were asked but could not go -- understood how important it was to not blab all over the internet that something was going to happen in Antwerp this weekend. Of course, I know that some details leaked out because I received several messages from curious fans who had heard hints about "something." But overall, everyone understood that sometimes you do need to have some secrecy -- if it had not gone so well, it could very well have jeopardized our chance for future similar opportunities. So I wanted to say THANK YOU to all of you who honored our request to keep things to yourself.

You also probably understand now why I was asking everyone to update their location and ages in the user profiles. We really DO need to take a look at our demographics. But also if more chances like this come up in the future, it will be a lot easier for us to search on your locations and find you -- as much as I would like to know everything about every one of you, there is just no way I can! :wink2: Also, sometimes these things have age limits (although this one didn't) and we need to be sure that you're over 16 or over 18 or whatever may be required.

Anyhow... that's my long answer to mine's question! If anyone has any specific questions, feel free to send me a PM. :thumb_yello:

The geo tagging is a great idea Deb. I saw your post the other day, and it got me on my account page to update my details for everything.

And it is definitely a great idea for future projects they may need people for, in whatever area they do it.

Loving the pics, and the video of GK from yesterday, and can't wait to see the commercial later on :cheerful_h4h:

The geo tagging is a great idea Deb. I saw your post the other day, and it got me on my account page to update my details for everything.

And it is definitely a great idea for future projects they may need people for, in whatever area they do it.

Loving the pics, and the video of GK from yesterday, and can't wait to see the commercial later on :cheerful_h4h:

Will the commercial be on UK TV?

If not, I hope there is something else for us, especially if we can go to see him do it!