Mika's fourth album- end of 2015?

Mika-fan7

I also like No Ordinary Man! I think it suits mika, it's funny, and is a nice follow up on The BOY (who knew too much) :D hope he's going to oficially anounce the album soon!

Oh god yea thats true! Iy makes me think.. in the song EMD he says Tu auras bientot 30 ans (Soon I will have 30 years old) but at the OSM feb 10 he change the lyrics for Tu as deja 30 ans ( You are already 30 years old) ... well because you talk about Boy ans Man it makes me think of this.. a little fact that makes me smile at the show x)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently there is a new global agreement between record companies that from summer 2015 all new albums will be released on Fridays. This also means that albums will get the same release date worldwide - no waiting for a couple of weeks for the US release, for example. (I think they have finally realised that different release dates are futile in the days of the internet).

I know Mika's album is supposedly due in April, but he's never been very good at being on time :naughty:

Oh god yea thats true! Iy makes me think.. in the song EMD he says Tu auras bientot 30 ans (Soon I will have 30 years old) but at the OSM feb 10 he change the lyrics for Tu as deja 30 ans ( You are already 30 years old) ... well because you talk about Boy ans Man it makes me think of this.. a little fact that makes me smile at the show x)

Thanks for sharing this Sabrinac :huglove:

Apparently there is a new global agreement between record companies that from summer 2015 all new albums will be released on Fridays. This also means that albums will get the same release date worldwide - no waiting for a couple of weeks for the US release, for example. (I think they have finally realised that different release dates are futile in the days of the internet).

I know Mika's album is supposedly due in April, but he's never been very good at being on time :naughty:

It'll best be for my birthday in April :naughty:

It would really make me happy :wub2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Finally a useful and good decision of the record companies :thumb_yello:

That's great! Good news! Thanks for posting!

Hey, but the album was originally due for 2014, so April 2015 is late already :wink2: (still waiting until I hear the full release date from his own mouth though - 'still finishing the album' doesn't sound promising to me)

That's great! Good news! Thanks for posting!

Hey, but the album was originally due for 2014, so April 2015 is late already :wink2: (still waiting until I hear the full release date from his own mouth though - 'still finishing the album' doesn't sound promising to me)

He always takes a loooooooooooooooooooooog time finishing :mf_rosetinted:

I personally do not care about any delay (if its not too much :mf_rosetinted:) but really hope M could have plenty of time finishing every detail of this album... especially mixing and organizing and which one to be the best representing song to be on SINGLE CHART :wink2:

I personally do not care about any delay (if its not too much :mf_rosetinted:) but really hope M could have plenty of time finishing every detail of this album... especially mixing and organizing and which one to be the best representing song to be on SINGLE CHART :wink2:

:thumb_yello: I agree - MIKA wants quality, and is a perfectionist - so I gladly wait, and I fully trust that this new album will be amazing!! :blush-anim-cl::fisch: And you're right - the choice of the first single is important!! :wink2:

Love,love

me

He always takes a loooooooooooooooooooooog time finishing :mf_rosetinted:

:naughty: MIKA can take all the time he needs - BUT this time he just have to arrange a proper promoting and advertising, so people get aware of his new alb. Otherwise it will just drown in all the other alb. releases, I'm afraid - except for Italy and France, and probably Canada...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: I agree - MIKA wants quality, and is a perfectionist - so I gladly wait, and I fully trust that this new album will be amazing!! :blush-anim-cl::fisch: And you're right - the choice of the first single is important!! :wink2:

Love,love

me

I agree about the first single.

Which one does everyone think is best from the songs we've heard so far? I don't see the point of a new thread to ask, this one is relevant anyway.

From what I've heard I think Good Guys as first choice for me, followed closely by Last Party.

What do others think, from what we've heard so far from the album?

Which one does everyone think is best from the songs we've heard so far? I don't see the point of a new thread to ask, this one is relevant anyway.

From what I've heard I think Good Guys as first choice for me, followed closely by Last Party.

:thumb_yello: I share your opinion here Marilyn! :wub2:

Love,love

me

I think it´s difficult to say yet as we haven´t heard any song in the album version. To say the truth as much as I love The Last Party it won´t be successful as a Ballade. We need a dance song to get any interest in radio today. I could imagine Talk About You could be something in the right direction as it is a total earworm.

I think it´s difficult to say yet as we haven´t heard any song in the album version. To say the truth as much as I love The Last Party it won´t be successful as a Ballade. We need a dance song to get any interest in radio today. I could imagine Talk About You could be something in the right direction as it is a total earworm.

I agree that it's so difficult because we haven't heard anything in the album version. Talk About You sounds promising, but we haven't even heard the chorus yet! Choruses are important. So I don't know, really. Good Guys sounds powerful - like Happy Ending was, so could be a good single, but maybe not the first. Perhaps as the third single. If The Last Party becomes what I think it will become, a Mika upbeat happy-sounding song with sad/desperate lyrics, it could be a good first single :)

I agree that it's so difficult because we haven't heard anything in the album version. Talk About You sounds promising, but we haven't even heard the chorus yet! Choruses are important. So I don't know, really. Good Guys sounds powerful - like Happy Ending was, so could be a good single, but maybe not the first. Perhaps as the third single. If The Last Party becomes what I think it will become, a Mika upbeat happy-sounding song with sad/desperate lyrics, it could be a good first single :)

I agree with you, I also thing that good guys can be a good single, but not the first one, he need something more "dancing" in my opinion :)

I agree with you, I also thing that good guys can be a good single, but not the first one, he need something more "dancing" in my opinion :)

Yeah I expect some dancy one also for the first single, dancy melodic dreamy cheeky things.. :mf_rosetinted:

I agree with you about choruses. Both Rain and BIOTG had choruses that (in my own opinion) let the songs down. Rain was too repetitive and frankly, too high. Even with Mika's matchless singing skills, he often had problems singing the chorus on live TV imo. Blame It On The Girls has a chorus that is, quite frankly, boring. It's fine for the live sing-offs during the concerts. You can have some fun with it there, but as a single it was a letdown.

It's very likely that the first single will be an unknown song. It was in TBWKTM and also TOOL, but now we've heard such good songs already, I really hope the single isn't a disappointment, like Celebrate was.

Anyway, it's fun to speculate, while we're waiting. It passes the time.

I did think Good Guys was a dance song, but I'm over 60, and anything is too fast for me to dance to, now.

I agree with you about choruses. Both Rain and BIOTG had choruses that (in my own opinion) let the songs down. Rain was too repetitive and frankly, too high. Even with Mika's matchless singing skills, he often had problems singing the chorus on live TV imo. Blame It On The Girls has a chorus that is, quite frankly, boring. It's fine for the live sing-offs during the concerts. You can have some fun with it there, but as a single it was a letdown.

It's very likely that the first single will be an unknown song. It was in TBWKTM and also TOOL, but now we've heard such good songs already, I really hope the single isn't a disappointment, like Celebrate was.

Anyway, it's fun to speculate, while we're waiting. It passes the time.

I did think Good Guys was a dance song, but I'm over 60, and anything is too fast for me to dance to, now.

I agree with everything. Except that Good Guys is a dance song, haha!

But yes, I agree that BIOTG has a boring chorus (which is a shame because I love the verses) and Rain is one of my favourite songs but the chorus is not very easy on the ears.

In the end, though, it all comes down to promotion. As long as that's done well, he can sell almost anything. Especially since the songs we've heard so far are so good, I don't think the single will disappoint (I'm an optimist, apparently). He should hurry though, if he wants to release a single before the release of the album that's due in April :mf_rosetinted:

I agree with everything. Except that Good Guys is a dance song, haha!

But yes, I agree that BIOTG has a boring chorus (which is a shame because I love the verses) and Rain is one of my favourite songs but the chorus is not very easy on the ears.

In the end, though, it all comes down to promotion. As long as that's done well, he can sell almost anything. Especially since the songs we've heard so far are so good, I don't think the single will disappoint (I'm an optimist, apparently). He should hurry though, if he wants to release a single before the release of the album that's due in April :mf_rosetinted:

I agree what you say about Rain and BIOTG. Rain has a beautiful introduction, but the chorus is sometimes quite painful. I was so exited by the snippet of BIOTG we heard before the release of TBWKTM, but disappointed by the chorus.

IF the album is coming out in April, we should get the new single very soon: we got WAG three months before the album and Celebrate about two months before.

I agree what you say about Rain and BIOTG. Rain has a beautiful introduction, but the chorus is sometimes quite painful. I was so exited by the snippet of BIOTG we heard before the release of TBWKTM, but disappointed by the chorus.

IF the album is coming out in April, we should get the new single very soon: we got WAG three months before the album and Celebrate about two months before.

:blush-anim-cl: Maybe MIKA will do it in a totally different way this time - he never stops to surprise ...:mikadas:

Love,love

me

we will see, a ballad can also be sucessful and a dance song also does not guarentee sucess. Surly it could be helpful but all needs good promotion. BTW: I like rainand BIOTG and celebrat is not my fave but ok. The only Mika song I don't like in album version is Make you happy but live it is nice. However I'm looking forward and impatiant for the fourth album and I wish it will be more sucessful worlwide and that media will make it possible:doh::fairy: