NEW single BOUM BOUM BOUM out June 11th!

robertina

I really like to read your opinion. Until now I didn´t dare to state mine here. Am I the only one who feels the song is not only lyrical wise about physical love? For me the whole song, the mellody and his voice is chicken pur. How he starts soft then build up the tension and build up build up until the climax.....

Sorry but this was my first Impression and I feel it every time I listen to it :teehee:

So true, Sabine!! I tried to express the same feeling through my terrible metaphor :blush-anim-cl:

Totally agreed. I'm very happy and proud of him, moreover he writes about sex in general, not from a homosexual point of view, because love and 'boumboumboum' is unique in the whole World :thumb_yello:

Yes, that's also what I love about the song. It's not about homosexual passion, it's just about passion. The song can apply to any couple who are in-love.

There are some gay celebrities whom I just can't stand. Not because they are gay, but because they flaunt it. It's like, "look at me! I'm gay!" They don't do their cause any favours.

But Mika isn't like that. He doesn't sensationalise being gay, he normalises it. The fact that BBB can apply to anyone in-love is saying, to all people, that Mika being gay is not weird, strange or wrong. He is just a normal person who has fallen for someone of his own gender, rather than the opposite. But love is love, and the song expresses that so well.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Yes, that's also what I love about the song. It's not about homosexual passion, it's just about passion. The song can apply to any couple who are in-love.

There are some gay celebrities whom I just can't stand. Not because they are gay, but because they flaunt it. It's like, "look at me! I'm gay!" They don't do their cause any favours.

But Mika isn't like that. He doesn't sensationalise being gay, he normalises it. The fact that BBB can apply to anyone in-love is saying, to all people, that Mika being gay is not weird, strange or wrong. He is just a normal person who has fallen for someone of his own gender, rather than the opposite. But love is love, and the song expresses that so well.

I like what you said here, Marilyn. Not everyone is flamboyant.

True, true and TRUE...:wink2:

Yes, that's also what I love about the song. It's not about homosexual passion, it's just about passion. The song can apply to any couple who are in-love. He doesn't sensationalise being gay, he normalises it.

I agree on this, but when it comes to the song, I wouldn't overanalyze it.

I like it very much, but I'm not looking for some deep meaning or whatever. After all, he said that they came up with it after a bottle of wine, joking about something they saw at that window and enjoying to look for rhymes. And when it comes to his voice growing in intensity, it happens in most songs, it's quite normal if you don't want to have a plain song. :biggrin2:

I think that a song means what we want it to mean, though. Everyone has his own perspective and experiences so they apply different interpretations to it, no matter what the writer meant to express.

So basically I don't think that Mika meant to write a super meaningful song, but then you can look for every deep hint you like to.

Edited by Elwendin

I agree on this, but when it comes to the song, I wouldn't overanalyze it.

I like it very much, but I'm not looking for some deep meaning or whatever. After all, he said that they came up with it after a bottle of wine, joking about something they saw at that window and enjoying to look for rhymes. And when it comes to his voice growing in intensity, it happens in most songs, it's quite normal if you don't want to have a plain song. :biggrin2:

I think that a song means what we want it to mean, though. Everyone has his own perspective and experiences so they apply different interpretations to it, no matter what the writer meant to express.

So basically I don't think that Mika meant to write a super meaningful song, but then you can look for every deep hint you like to.

I'm not trying to analyse it. I'm just joining the general discussion.

I don't think the song makes a grand statement, or that it was ever meant to. On the contrary, its just a love song, written with humour, after Mika and Doriand witnessed the couple getting ready to boum. That's actually the best thing about it. It's a lot of fun.

I really like to read your opinion. Until now I didn´t dare to state mine here. Am I the only one who feels the song is not only lyrical wise about physical love? For me the whole song, the mellody and his voice is chicken pur. How he starts soft then build up the tension and build up build up until the climax.....

Sorry but this was my first Impression and I feel it every time I listen to it :teehee:

Totally agree with you about about the tension and building up of the song as for chicken, you are definitely not alone thinking that, don't worry ;-) and that's maybe one of the reason I like to listen to this song so much :naughty:

Agree here too, I also have the feeling he normalises it :thumb_yello:

Yes, Elwendin is right. Her point of view is clear, but I think that an artist, and an extraordinary one like Mika, is capable of taking inspiration from daily situation. An italian philosopher said that "without images feelings are blinds and without feelings an image is empty." To wit, it is possible that Mika has written the song after the 'ordinary scene of a couple', but his genius was able to universalize that. If I had been in the same place I would have seen a couple of lovers and nothing more.

Yes, Elwendin is right. Her point of view is clear, but I think that an artist, and an extraordinary one like Mika, is capable of taking inspiration from daily situation. An italian philosopher said that "without images feelings are blinds and without feelings an image is empty." To wit, it is possible that Mika has written the song after the 'ordinary scene of a couple', but his genius was able to universalize that. If I had been in the same place I would have seen a couple of lovers and nothing more.

Same here. It would have been an amusing story to tell friends and family, but I doubt I'd write a song about it.

I think Mika must be totally alert to things around him, that could become subjects for songs.

He's such a clever man

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, don't know if it is the right thread, but have you seen this? Makes me hopeful:http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftop40-charts.com%2Fchart.php%3Fcid%3D35&ei=00XdU6mKHK3o7AbD-YCYBA&usg=AFQjCNGvqSFSUmBKpi7LfgCZZmKCphqktA&sig2=G2bNkSviGw2wY17J7uTRew&bvm=bv.72197243,d.ZGU

Ok, don't know if it is the right thread, but have you seen this? Makes me hopeful:http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftop40-charts.com%2Fchart.php%3Fcid%3D35&ei=00XdU6mKHK3o7AbD-YCYBA&usg=AFQjCNGvqSFSUmBKpi7LfgCZZmKCphqktA&sig2=G2bNkSviGw2wY17J7uTRew&bvm=bv.72197243,d.ZGU

Unfortunately the link doesn't work for me.

Unfortunately the link doesn't work for me.

H, I tried here as well and it works:blink: its a list of world best charts containing charts from everywhere and selling, Mika is under the top 100 since 2 weeks, first rank 84 now 82

Wow, #82 worldwide? That's a surprise -- a very pleasant one!

That's really good news.

We must keep our eyes on this chart. It's great to see Mika on an international chart instead of just a French, Spanish, Italian, or whatever, chart. 82 is very promising. I hope it gets higher each week.

That's really good news.

We must keep our eyes on this chart. It's great to see Mika on an international chart instead of just a French, Spanish, Italian, or whatever, chart. 82 is very promising. I hope it gets higher each week.

yes, to reach that we must be busy in voting and sharing, maybe this charts will also help for the UK:wink2:

yes, to reach that we must be busy in voting and sharing, maybe this charts will also help for the UK:wink2:

If I see a UK radio station tweeting, I send a link to the BBB video.

A UK station tweeted that they were playing Popular Song, so I told them about BBB and sent the link to the video. They favoured my tweet!

I'm also voting in all the polls.

The polls are all on the 'Keep Mika Golden' voting thread, and any new polls need to go on there, so we all know where everything is that needs voting for. Then we don't have to search for them on different threads.

Let's hope we can give Mika the boost he needs.

If I see a UK radio station tweeting, I send a link to the BBB video.

A UK station tweeted that they were playing Popular Song, so I told them about BBB and sent the link to the video. They favoured my tweet!

I'm also voting in all the polls.

The polls are all on the 'Keep Mika Golden' voting thread, and any new polls need to go on there, so we all know where everything is that needs voting for. Then we don't have to search for them on different threads.

Let's hope we can give Mika the boost he needs.

Oh, sounds good, yes, we can:wink2:

Same here. It would have been an amusing story to tell friends and family, but I doubt I'd write a song about it.

I think Mika must be totally alert to things around him, that could become subjects for songs.

He's such a clever man

I have done that when I was busy writing.

I'd see something in a different way than I usually did and craft a short story from it. Of course, he does this but the stories are called lyrics. :naughty: And he makes much more money than I do.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a new remix of Boum Boum Boum

I don't like remixes and this is not the exception :aah:

:toot:No 5 on a popular radio station B92's chart in Serbia!!! :shocked:

:clap::clap::clap:

10615349_696352770414172_6394605864729682818_n.jpg?oh=81e27dff5219fbc4341429268707da6e&oe=547A7660&__gda__=1416026857_00d842e78ccd9187ab92c586397e19f1

Cool! :thumb_yello:

• Like 1

I don't like remixes and this is not the exception :aah:

I don't like it eather and I don't think people want to hear it on the radio. The original version is doing quite well in French charts, you can see the chartsrun here: http://lescharts.com/showitem.asp?interpret=Mika&titel=Boum+Boum+Boum&cat=s

It has reached about 20 000 downloads now.