Live Album Idea

Keanun

Was just listening to some of MIKA today and thought it would be really cool if he did a studio album of his songs but in one take and live without the use of synthesizers, programming and orchestrations/arrangements. More of like a true acoustic album with just the basics of piano, guitars, bass and drums. Since he isn't going to release songbook anywhere but Italy it would be cool to have a sort of compilation but in this format. It could get people to go check out his other stuff. I personally love when any band/musician does acoustic/live studio stuff. This is just a track listing I think would work well...

1. Origin of Love

2. Ring Ring

3. Stardust ft Chiara

4. Relax, Take it Easy

5. Dr. John

6. I See You

7. Good Gone Girl

8. Tah Dah

9. Your Sympathy

10. Touches You

11. Make You Happy

12. Live Your Life

13. Lola

14. Boom Boom Boom (English Version)

15. My Interpretation

16. Pick Up Off the Floor

17. Any Other World

Anyways I'm done rambling. Tell me what you think if you want.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I think that's a fine idea. Can you add the "Keep Me" version of Overrated? I would love to hear that on an actual album.

Was just listening to some of MIKA today and thought it would be really cool if he did a studio album of his songs but in one take and live without the use of synthesizers, programming and orchestrations/arrangements. More of like a true acoustic album with just the basics of piano, guitars, bass and drums. Since he isn't going to release songbook anywhere but Italy it would be cool to have a sort of compilation but in this format. It could get people to go check out his other stuff. I personally love when any band/musician does acoustic/live studio stuff. This is just a track listing I think would work well...

1. Origin of Love

2. Ring Ring

3. Stardust ft Chiara

4. Relax, Take it Easy

5. Dr. John

6. I See You

7. Good Gone Girl

8. Tah Dah

9. Your Sympathy

10. Touches You

11. Make You Happy

12. Live Your Life

13. Lola

14. Boom Boom Boom (English Version)

15. My Interpretation

16. Pick Up Off the Floor

17. Any Other World

Anyways I'm done rambling. Tell me what you think if you want.

The best playlist depends on everyone favourite songs. The playlist I would love to have on an acoustic album is maybe not the one you would chose. But I would love to hear some of these songs in acoustic, "Tah Dah" most of all as Mika never sang it live.

Yes, I think that's a fine idea. Can you add the "Keep Me" version of Overrated? I would love to hear that on an actual album.

Did you hear Overrated accoustic version on TOOL deluxe version ? It's gorgeous and IMO better than the earlier version "Keep me". :thumb_yello:

I think it's an amazing idea! When I firstly starded listening to Mika's music, I would listen only to his acoustic version of everything. I only had songs like Rain, Relax, Overrated, Drunk, Origin, and many others in their acoustic version in my playlist, don't know why, maybe because I play the piano, but I love when I can olny listen to the basic piano melody and his voice without any electronic modifications...

I would add a few songs to your list tough:

- Love you when I'm drunk

- We are Golden

- Rain

- Grace Kelly

- Kids

Are you planning to make a youtube playlist with all of them?

Ps. I've just seen you put Boom boom boom (English version), does it exist?

Edited by *Vv*

Oh well what I meant that it would be cool if he himself went into the studio with his band or whatever and did it but I could put together the best playlist I can of this for download if you wanted.

Edit: I will start working on this right now, if you have any ideas/suggestions that would be nice to make this as best as possible.

Edited by Keanun

Oh well what I meant that it would be cool if he himself went into the studio with his band or whatever and did it but I could put together the best playlist I can of this for download if you wanted.

Edit: I will start working on this right now, if you have any ideas/suggestions that would be nice to make this as best as possible.

It would be suuuper cool but I don't think he will, or at least he won't anytime soon... I guess a YouTube playlist gathering all of them could be great....:wink2:

It would be suuuper cool but I don't think he will, or at least he won't anytime soon... I guess a YouTube playlist gathering all of them could be great....:wink2:

Not gonna be lazy by playlisting gonna edit these properly so it's like an album.

• 4 weeks later...

What exactly are you looking to know?

I'm not a drummer, but in the second verse, the drums are essentially a dance beat; 16th note rhythm on the high hat; kick and snare on 1,3 and 2,4 respectively.

The high hat has a certain quality due to the processing used in the recording; it's likely a hat from a drum machine, but I can't verify that.

Do you mean the "clipity-clap" percussion that starts the song? I'm not sure what's used on the recording, but you can emulate that by playing the rhythmic pattern on the rim of one of the drums.

• 1 month later...