World Reps thread

The main purpose of this thread is for World Representatives to raise any issues relating to the role of the World Rep, or to post requests for help and information from other reps. News about new World Representatives can also be posted.

However we welcome any comments and suggestions from anyone on the forum (just as long as you don't go too off-topic :naughty:)

Just to remind everyone, these are the basic duties of a World Rep:

* Welcome any new members from your country.

* Provide the link to the specific thread for your country, if there is one.

* Introduce the new member to other members from your country

* Attempt to answer any questions new members may have.

Current representatives

A full list of the current World Representatives can be found in this thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/topic/25840-new-members-please-read-mfc-world-reps/

Links from your banner

You can set up a link from your banner to your introductory message by adding the code to your banner image:

[ URL]Link to the first page of your thread Your world rep siggie image link from Guylaine[/url]

Deputy representatives

You can co-opt other people from your country to act as deputy representatives, to cover in the event of your absence. Or you can PM me (Silver) and I will make sure new members from your country are greeted

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

quoting from the other thread here:

I like the idea:original:

Or is there a way when we click on the banner, that it will direct us to the countries thread?

how about if we put a link to the introduction post of that rep? so for mine, that would be (click):

germany.jpg

Edited by FREDDIESDOUBLE

how about if we put a link to the introduction post of that rep? so for mine, that would be (click):

germany.jpg

Good work Mellody! I think it's an excellent idea.:thumb_yello:

And I also wish the banner could be a little smaller, it doesn't need to be as big as it is now.

Hello :biggrin2:

I was thinking, having to have the World Rep thing in my sig... So I was wondering, where people have their twitter/myspace thing under their avatar;

2zsmcgo.jpg

we could somehow put something simalar to the banner there, with maybe a link to the country's thread, if not... I don't know, something else?

I'm just thinking about it because I'd rather have a different image other than that in my sig?

Tell me what you think,

c.x :naughty:

cisserz, i'm just moving your post over to this thread :thumb_yello:

Poor Silver, always feels obliged to warn me about these things....:naughty:

And although Wonkaland is not really a country, i'm subscribing to this thread...

And i was thinking, this was all a big joke, including Wonkaland and me as a Rep, and i am wondering if this won't confuse newbies???

Maybe i should be excluded and not use my Wonkaland banner so it wouldn't confuse new members...

Poor Silver, always feels obliged to warn me about these things....:naughty:

And although Wonkaland is not really a country, i'm subscribing to this thread...

And i was thinking, this was all a big joke, including Wonkaland and me as a Rep, and i am wondering if this won't confuse newbies???

Maybe i should be excluded and not use my Wonkaland banner so it wouldn't confuse new members...

Well maybe it is a joke, but I can't imagine the MFC now without Wonkaland. I'm sure the newbies find out about Wonkaland pretty quickly anyway :naughty:

As far as I am concerned, you stay :thumb_yello:

Well maybe it is a joke, but I can't imagine the MFC now without Wonkaland. I'm sure the newbies find out about Wonkaland pretty quickly anyway :naughty:

As far as I am concerned, you stay :thumb_yello:

Awwwww, thank you, Silver! :huglove:

But if anyone agrees with what i've said i'd stand back, no prob...:wink2::thumb_yello:

And while we all think about the banners, some rep news:

~Ana~ is standing down as the rep for Mexico (off having exciting adventures in RL – we wish her well ). In her place we welcome Lui, who many of you will already know from the Mika doll game.

Cassilda has agreed to be the rep for Austria, and from Singapore we welcome guineverer (lots of new fans from Singapore :naughty:)

*suscribes*

I really like Mellody's idea!!! But I don't know how to do it..I mean...how do I do to make that the people click on my representative signature and goes directly to the uruguayan thread?

germany.jpg

oooo Nice:biggrin2:

I'm going to try it out:naughty:

EDIT:

It worked:biggrin2:

Edited by foalbaby14

germany.jpg

It's definitely a good idea... I did it with mine as soon as I got the siggie...

cisserz, i'm just moving your post over to this thread :thumb_yello:

I like cizzerz's idea too, but a world rep thing under the avatar may not be as visible...

@ce_mika: This is how you do it... I've bolded the bits you need to change...

[ URL="Link to the first page of your thread"] b][/url]

So for mine, it's:

[ URL=http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21460&highlight=australian][ IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/the_evil_one/Signatures/australia.jpg[/img][/ URL]

I hope that helps... If not, I can do it for you... :dunno:

Edited by nico_collard

germany.jpg

Good idea! :thumb_yello:

Good work Mellody! I think it's an excellent idea.:thumb_yello:

And I also wish the banner could be a little smaller, it doesn't need to be as big as it is now.

Agreed! I mentioned it in the sig sizes thread, and Guy said it would be too much work to make new smaller banners, but that we can work out, we can re-size our images, just need to choose a size, and each rep re-sizes their own banner... :wink2:

Oh and...

WELCOME, new reps! :huglove:

It's definitely a good idea... I did it with mine as soon as I got the siggie...

I like cizzerz's idea too, but a world rep thing under the avatar may not be as visible...

@ce_mika: This is how you do it... I've bolded the bits you need to change...

[ URL="Link to the first page of your thread"] b][/url]

So for mine, it's:

[ URL=http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21460&highlight=australian][ IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/the_evil_one/Signatures/australia.jpg[/img][/ URL]

I hope that helps... If not, I can do it for you... :dunno:

THANK YOU!! :huglove:

gonna try! :wink2:

Edit: DONE! thanks!!!!

Edited by ce_mika

*suscribes*

And while we all think about the banners, some rep news:

~Ana~ is standing down as the rep for Mexico (off having exciting adventures in RL – we wish her well ). In her place we welcome Lui, who many of you will already know from the Mika doll game.

Cassilda has agreed to be the rep for Austria, and from Singapore we welcome guineverer (lots of new fans from Singapore :naughty:)

haha thanks for tha introduction :naughty:

Karlita! I'm here :P

germany.jpg

Good idea! I did it with mine.:thumb_yello:

*subscribes* :biggrin2:

germany.jpg

Great idea :thumb_yello: I did it with mine too. Thank you :wink2:

*subscribes*

Hello! :bye:

I'm new in here, unfortunately I haven't had any time this weekend to write my welcoming post, and whereas I'm in work now I have no time atm to do this :boxed:

I will join in in the afternoon, when I'm at home...

See you later!

:bye: