Learning Italian @MFC? Now you can!

robertina

During my moderating activities :fisch: I've come across some hints here and there, from people who are learning or would like to learn Italian.

I don't think this has got anything to do with Mika :mf_rosetinted: . On the contrary, with our supreme poet DANTE.

here he is:

Dante.jpg

nice chap, isn't he? :naughty:

So here you can find careful teachers at your full disposal, the Italian community has grown huuuuge....cominciamo!

Edited by robertina
  • Thanks 1

ah, che bella idea! :biggrin2: (grazie elwendin! :teehee:)

i've started learning italian a few times already, with the help of books and CD's, but i always gave up after a few days or weeks. i'm thinking it'd be nice to know the language, as i like it, and i love italy. :wub2: but guess the motivation just isn't big enough (not even mika learning italian helped much, except that it made me try again for 3 weeks or so... :teehee:). nice thread tho, i probably won't have much time and motivation in the next few months, but generally i'm definitely interested. :thumb_yello:

so, let me see what i still can remember...

sono karin e abito a monaco di baviera

(i'm karin and i live in munich)

is that correct? :blink:

actually meanwhile i live in a smaller town close to munich, but i'm proud that i still know what munich means in italian. :naughty:

oh, and i also know how to say "i have nothing to declare": non ho niente a dichiarare, something like that? yeah, i know, very useful expression, guess that book i have there was written before EU times... :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Ciao,

ho studiato l'italiano in schuola per 6 mesi, ma non posso parlare/scrivere molto...

solo un po' :teehee:

ma ho studiato il latino per 6 anni...

And it's all wrong, I think :doh:

"scuola" si scrive senza la H (SCHOLA in effetti è la parola originaria in latino)

Il resto va bene, ma probabilmente un italiano non direbbe "non posso parlare" (I cannot speak), noi diciamo "non SO parlare" (I am not able to speak)

In questo caso, infatti, puoi parlare o scrivere, ma non hai abbastanza conoscenze per farlo correttamente e quindi usi una versione meno "imperativa" del verbo potere che in italiano si fa in questo caso col verbo SAPERE.

Anche SAPERE, come potere e dovere, è un verbo cosiddetto "servile": dal punto di vista sintattico la voce del verbo sapere (in questo caso SO) va seguita da un verbo all'infinito (in questo caso PARLARE)

ah, che bella idea! :biggrin2: (grazie elwendin! :teehee:)

i've started learning italian a few times already, with the help of books and CD's, but i always gave up after a few days or weeks. i'm thinking it'd be nice to know the language, as i like it, and i love italy. :wub2: but guess the motivation just isn't big enough (not even mika learning italian helped much, except that it made me try again for 3 weeks or so... :teehee:). nice thread tho, i probably won't have much time and motivation in the next few months, but generally i'm definitely interested. :thumb_yello:

so, let me see what i still can remember...

(i'm karin and i live in munich)

is that correct? :blink:

actually meanwhile i live in a smaller town close to munich, but i'm proud that i still know what munich means in italian. :naughty:

oh, and i also know how to say "i have nothing to declare": non ho niente a dichiarare, something like that? yeah, i know, very useful expression, guess that book i have there was written before EU times... :mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Direi che è perfetto

non ho niente a dichiarare

in questo caso "non ho niente DA dichiarare"

Decisamente un manuale datato...

But you have learnt how to build a sentence, even if you won't cross Italian customs you can still say "non ho niente da dire" when you are disappointed, or "non ho niente da mangiare" when your fridge is empty and so on...

"non avere niente da + infinito" is quite a useful sentence structure

but i'm proud that i still know what munich means in italian.

Festa della birraaaaa :cheers:

ma non posso parlare

As Giovi says, this means "I'm not allowed to speak".

Very mafia style, you are integrating quite well. :mf_rosetinted:

:floor:

Italian fans, I think we have to teach some Italian words to Mika!

lesson nr. 2

Italian: tornerò presto per un altro concerto!

English: I'll be back to you soon with another concert!

Lesson number 2 rules.

Festa della birraaaaa :cheers:

I didn't notice, I do not drink alcoholics, you see :naughty:

translation: non me n'ero accorta: sai, sono ASTEMIA

Carino, grazie! sono a casa ammalata e ho molto tempo da investire qui, se hai altre dritte... :fisch:

Someone told the future:

- Presto mi trasferirò qui

- I'm gonna move here soon

I was very enthousiastic back in the day :teehee:

We are pretty enthousiastic right now, don't worry, enthusiasm won't fade, it would just be moved from fan to fan. :wink2:

Edited by Elwendin

During my moderating activities :fisch: I've come across some hints here and there, from people who are learning or would like to learn Italian.

I don't think this has got anything to do with Mika :mf_rosetinted: . On the contrary, with our supreme poet DANTE.

here he is:

Dante.jpg

nice chap, isn't he? :naughty:

So here you can find careful teachers at your full disposal, the Italian community has grown huuuuge....cominciamo!

Che idea carina !

What a cute idea!

Now repeat

Che idea carina

Ke ydea caryna

:aah:

Ciao :huglove:

Che idea carina :wub2:

I 've been wanting to learn Italian for ever :wub2:

I manage to understand it especially when Mika speaks Italian :naughty: but I don't speak it except for a few words :aah: like " e facile per un francese di parlare italiano" :naughty: but you can't make a whole conversation with that :lmfao:

Someone told the future:

We are pretty enthousiastic right now, don't worry, enthusiasm won't fade, it would just be moved from fan to fan. :wink2:

Well it worked :naughty: Mika parla italiano :thumb_yello:

This thread is a great idea!

non posso parlare

This is the same mistake Mika is always making. He speaks very well and then fails in this everytime! I think you should be proud, you know what they say, great minds think alike! :naughty:

pizza :)

I think you're ready to become the next judge on XF :mikacool:

Edited by Log lady

Grazie mille per aprire il thread :thumb_yello: And thanks everybody who gladly wants to help and does help already :huglove:

This is the same mistake Mika is always making. He speaks very well and then fails in this everytime! I think you should be proud, you know what they say, great minds think alike! :naughty:

It's hard for English and German speaking people as we don't make a difference, so one tends to forget to use "sapere" :aah:

Some sites I found very useful:

A very good site for the conjugation of the verbs:

http://verbs.woxikon.com/italian-verbforms/essere.php

And a list with verbs and the right prepositions (prepositions are just a bitch :mf_rosetinted:)

http://italian.about.com/od/verbs/a/aa031908a.htm

(If somebody knows a bigger one, please share :wink2:)

Ed adesso proverò l'app ceebs ha raccomandato :thumb_yello:

Grazie mille per aprire il thread :thumb_yello:

Noi diciamo "grazie mille per aver aperto" (grazie per+infinito passato)

It's hard for English and German speaking people as we don't make a difference, so one tends to forget to use "sapere" :aah:

Oh, I know, you're right. You're good, though. I make mistakes all the time when I write in English! :doh:

Ed adesso proverò l'app ceebs ha raccomandato :thumb_yello:

"L'app che ceebs ha raccomandato" ("che" è il pronome che funziona da oggetto della seconda azione, "ha raccomandato") :wink2:

Edited by Log lady

Buongiorno!

Ho studiato italiano per uno mese in settembre/ottobre l'anno scorso in Roma ma ho dementicato :tears:

Ok i hope that's correct, my tutor tried so hard to teach me :naughty:

I'd like to learn more :arf2:

Edited by RainbowGirl

Noi diciamo "grazie mille per aver aperto" (grazie per+infinito passato)

Arrgh, ho fatto questo errore la seconda volta :doh: *TryToRememberNow*

"L'app che ceebs ha raccomandato" ("che" è il pronome che funziona da oggetto della seconda azione, "ha raccomandato") :wink2:

:thumb_yello:

Buongiorno!

Ho studiato italiano per uno mese in settembre/ottobre l'anno scorso in Roma ma ho dementicato :tears:

Ok i hope that's correct, my tutor tried so hard to teach me :naughty:

I'd like to learn more :arf2:

We say:

Ho studiato italiano per un mese in settembre/ottobre l'anno scorso a Roma ma l'ho dimenticato

the article "uno" in its entire form is used in a very few cases, it generally looses the final "o" when the next word begins by consonant, except "S", or when the next word begins by vocal (in this case NO apostrophe!!!, we are speaking about masculine article)

- un conto

- un mese

- un esempio

- un amico

- un orso

- un uovo

- un inizio

- uno sconto

a Roma: the place you are mentioning is a town, in this case the right preposition is "A"

- Ho studiato A Roma (a Venezia, a Londra...)

when you speak about a nation or a continent you should use "IN"

- Ho studiato IN Italia (in Francia, in Europa...)

And then we add "lo" in front of the verb (in this case l+apostrophe, because the verb begins with "H"): it's a pronoun and it means what you forgot (in this case, your Italian).

The verb "dimenticare" always requires an object: it may be a pronoun as in this case

- l'ho dimenticato

a word:

- ho dimenticato l'italiano

or a whole sentence

- ho dimenticato di studiare (italiano, or maths...)

YAY! Un thread solamente per le mie domande snervante e incessante :aah: Awesome thread! I'll ask you so many questions, it's my end of session, so teachers, get prepared :naughty:

Raya, what is "snervante and incessante" is not the thread (masculine, singular): these adjectives are related to your questions (feminine, plural).

The right sentence is

Un thread solamente per le mie domande snervanti e incessanti

But "unnerving" is bit too much for a few questions, don't you think? :wink2:

We don't use it that much, I'd use this word only to describe a newborn baby constantly crying :insane:

We say:

Ho studiato italiano per un mese in settembre/ottobre l'anno scorso a Roma ma l'ho dimenticato

the article "uno" in its entire form is used in a very few cases, it generally looses the final "o" when the next word begins by consonant, except "S", or when the next word begins by vocal (in this case NO apostrophe!!!, we are speaking about masculine article)

- un conto

- un mese

- un esempio

- un amico

- un orso

- un uovo

- un inizio

- uno sconto

a Roma: the place you are mentioning is a town, in this case the right preposition is "A"

- Ho studiato A Roma (a Venezia, a Londra...)

when you speak about a nation or a continent you should use "IN"

- Ho studiato IN Italia (in Francia, in Europa...)

And then we add "lo" in front of the verb (in this case l+apostrophe, because the verb begins with "H"): it's a pronoun and it means what you forgot (in this case, your Italian).

The verb "dimenticare" always requires an object: it may be a pronoun as in this case

- l'ho dimenticato

a word:

- ho dimenticato l'italiano

or a whole sentence

- ho dimenticato di studiare (italiano, or maths...)

Raya, what is "snervante and incessante" is not the thread (masculine, singular): these adjectives are related to your questions (feminine, plural).

The right sentence is

Un thread solamente per le mie domande snervanti e incessanti

But "unnerving" is bit too much for a few questions, don't you think? :wink2:

We don't use it that much, I'd use this word only to describe a newborn baby constantly crying :insane:

Oh, forgot again to concord the adjective with the word:doh:! :aah: no it's just that thought I was a tidy bit annoying this thread because of my "annoying" and "incessant" questions... You'll understand in the weeks to come I guess :bleh: