Mika to be a judge @ X Factor Italia 2014 !

Kumazzz

Nice find, Lucrezia. Now if only we could start to see these being used in new promo instead of the old photos they keep recycling!

You are totally right but I wish that there will be a lot of new photos this spring for the *you-know-what* :naughty:

The datagirl in me thanks you! Very interesting to see the results in details week after week...

I would love if you could translate the video, what I gather with my non-existing italian made me curious!

You are welcome!:original:

Here is the transcript in Italian and the translation (it took me longer than usual because the way to talk of Ilaria is a little strange, and so difficult to translate.I hope it is understandable!)

Lorenzo: “Mika..cosa posso dire su Mika?Mika è sicuramente quello che ha la vita, tra virgolette, più impegnata tra i quattro perché gira, tra l’altro fa, credo, The Voice in Francia? -Sì - The Voice in Francia, XFactor in Italia, poi tra campagne pubblicitarie e tra, come si dice, campagne, per esempio contro il bullismo, ha fatto per Sky, credo - Cartoon Network - okay, per Cartoon Network – su Sky- ehm, quindi diciamo lui è quello più stressato da quel punto di vista, ma nonostante questo non si è mai permesso di fare la “diva”, capito?nel senso che, di fare la diva, per come si intende, cioè è sempre stato in contatto con noi, ci ha sempre trattato con rispetto nonostante lui è Mika,capito?Quindi davvero una bellissima persona e un grande artista, cioè fare un minuto di piano e voce con lui vale come dieci minuti fatti con un altro.Quindi davvero un grande artista."

Lorenzo: "Mika .. what can I say about Mika? Mika is definitely the one that has the life, in quotation marks/ quotes, more busy between the four, because he goes around/move around/travels, among other things he does, I think, The Voice in France? – Yes – The Voice in France, X factor in Italy, then between advertising/publicity campaigns and between, as they say, campaigns, for example against bullying, he has done for Sky, I think - Cartoon Network – okay, for Cartoon Network – on Sky - ehm, so let's say he is the most stressed out from that point of view, but despite this he has never took the liberty to do the "diva"/ star, got it? in the sense that, to do the "diva"/ star, for how you intend it, that is he has always been in touch with us, he has always treated us with respect even though he is Mika, got it? So he's really a wonderful person and a great artist, that is doing a minute of piano and voice with him counts as/is worth ten minutes made with another.So really a great artist."

Madh: "Poi c’è Mika, che è quello che, non sai che approccio avere con lui, perché lo vedi molto.. è molto in alto, però quando poi ci parli capisci che, oltre ad essere un grandissimo artista, anche lui è una bella persona.Perchè soprattutto l’ultima settimana ci ha fatto a tutti i complimenti, ha voluto stare con noi, quindi lo stimo tanto."

Madh: "Then there is Mika, who is the one that, you don't know which approach to have with him, because you see him very .. is very in high, but then when you talk to him you understand that, as well as being a great artist, he is also a beautiful person.Because especially the last week he made to us all the compliments, has wanted to stay with us, so I respect him so much."

Mario: "Per quanto riguarda Mika, è preciso, puntuale, un orologio svizzero, è una persona che quando dice una cosa ne capisci duecento.Mi è piaciuto veramente tantissimo lavorare con lui perché si impara veramente molto e in poco tempo."

Mario: "Regarding Mika, he is precise, accurate, a Swiss watch, he is a person who, when he says one thing you understand two hundred of it.I really liked a lot working with him because you really learn a lot and in a short time."

Ilaria: "Poi c’è Mika, che, cavolo, a me faceva una paura assurda, giuro! Perché vabbè (va bene/va be’/va beh) è Mika, cavolo!No, invece, cioè anche al primo impatto non è che c’avessi tutta ‘sta (questa), cioè non è che adesso c’ho confidenza con Mika, però parlandoci no?, scopri che anche lui è veramente uno.. è semplicissimo..cioè, poi anche se magari non lo mostrava, perché comunque lui, nell’ambito.., cioè, lavorativo,no? cioè, pensa al lavoro e basta, anche se magari non si vedeva, vi voleva un sacco di bene a voi tre - Mario: "Si sentiva" – si sentiva.Magari non si vedeva, ma si sentiva, infatti.Poi, vabbè lavorare con lui anche all’ultimo opening, cioè è stato fantastico.Poi, cioè, solo guardarlo cantare è bellissimo, secondo me, se la sente proprio, ti fa appassionare ancora di più, secondo me, a questo mondo."

Ilaria: "Then there is Mika, who, holy mackerel/holy cow (!), I had an absurd fear of him, I swear!Because , come on, he’s Mika, holy mackerel/holy cow!No, instead, that is even at first impact it’s not that I had all this, that is, it’s not that I now have confidence with Mika, but talking to him, right?, you find out he too is truly one…he’s very down-to-earth…like.., then even if he didn’t show it, because he, however, in the environment ..,that is working (environment), right?that is..he thinks about work and that's that, even if maybe you could not see it, he cared a lot/felt a lot of affection to you three – Mario: "You felt it" – you felt it. Maybe you could not see it, but you felt it, in fact. Then, come on, work with him even at the last opening…like… it was fantastic.Then…like… just look at him singing is beautiful, in my opinion, he really feel it, it makes you even more excited about/captives you, I think, in this world."

Edited by charlie20

Here is the transcript in Italian and the translation (it took me longer than usual because the way to talk of Ilaria is a little strange, and so difficult to translate.I hope it is understandable!)

Lorenzo: “Mika..cosa posso dire su Mika?Mika è sicuramente quello che ha la vita, tra virgolette, più impegnata tra i quattro perché gira, tra l’altro fa, credo, The Voice in Francia? -Sì - The Voice in Francia, XFactor in Italia, poi tra campagne pubblicitarie e tra, come si dice, campagne, per esempio contro il bullismo, ha fatto per Sky, credo - Cartoon Network - okay, per Cartoon Network – su Sky- ehm, quindi diciamo lui è quello più stressato da quel punto di vista, ma nonostante questo non si è mai permesso di fare la “diva”, capito?nel senso che, di fare la diva, per come si intende, cioè è sempre stato in contatto con noi, ci ha sempre trattato con rispetto nonostante lui è Mika,capito?Quindi davvero una bellissima persona e un grande artista, cioè fare un minuto di piano e voce con lui vale come dieci minuti fatti con un altro.Quindi davvero un grande artista."

Lorenzo: "Mika .. what can I say about Mika? Mika is definitely the one that has the life, in quotation marks/ quotes, more busy between the four, because he goes around/move around/travels, among other things he does, I think, The Voice in France? – Yes – The Voice in France, X factor in Italy, then between advertising/publicity campaigns and between, as they say, campaigns, for example against bullying, he has done for Sky, I think - Cartoon Network – okay, for Cartoon Network – on Sky - ehm, so let's say he is the most stressed out from that point of view, but despite this he has never took the liberty to do the "diva"/ star, got it? in the sense that, to do the "diva"/ star, for how you intend it, that is he has always been in touch with us, he has always treated us with respect even though he is Mika, got it? So he's really a wonderful person and a great artist, that is doing a minute of piano and voice with him counts as/is worth ten minutes made with another.So really a great artist."

Madh: "Poi c’è Mika, che è quello che, non sai che approccio avere con lui, perché lo vedi molto.. è molto in alto, però quando poi ci parli capisci che, oltre ad essere un grandissimo artista, anche lui è una bella persona.Perchè soprattutto l’ultima settimana ci ha fatto a tutti i complimenti, ha voluto stare con noi, quindi lo stimo tanto."

Madh: "Then there is Mika, who is the one that, you don't know which approach to have with him, because you see him very .. is very in high, but then when you talk to him you understand that, as well as being a great artist, he is also a beautiful person.Because especially the last week he made to us all the compliments, has wanted to stay with us, so I respect him so much."

Mario: "Per quanto riguarda Mika, è preciso, puntuale, un orologio svizzero, è una persona che quando dice una cosa ne capisci duecento.Mi è piaciuto veramente tantissimo lavorare con lui perché si impara veramente molto e in poco tempo."

Mario: "Regarding Mika, he is precise, accurate, a Swiss watch, he is a person who, when he says one thing you understand two hundred of it.I really liked a lot working with him because you really learn a lot and in a short time."

Ilaria: "Poi c’è Mika, che, cavolo, a me faceva una paura assurda, giuro! Perché vabbè (va bene/va be’/va beh) è Mika, cavolo!No, invece, cioè anche al primo impatto non è che c’avessi tutta ‘sta (questa), cioè non è che adesso c’ho confidenza con Mika, però parlandoci no?, scopri che anche lui è veramente uno.. è semplicissimo..cioè, poi anche se magari non lo mostrava, perché comunque lui, nell’ambito.., cioè, lavorativo,no? cioè, pensa al lavoro e basta, anche se magari non si vedeva, vi voleva un sacco di bene a voi tre - Mario: "Si sentiva" – si sentiva.Magari non si vedeva, ma si sentiva, infatti.Poi, vabbè lavorare con lui anche all’ultimo opening, cioè è stato fantastico.Poi, cioè, solo guardarlo cantare è bellissimo, secondo me, se la sente proprio, ti fa appassionare ancora di più, secondo me, a questo mondo."

Ilaria: "Then there is Mika, who, holy mackerel/holy cow (!), I had an absurd fear of him, I swear!Because , come on, he’s Mika, holy mackerel/holy cow!No, instead, that is even at first impact it’s not that I had all this, that is, it’s not that I now have confidence with Mika, but talking to him, right?, you find out he too is truly one…he’s very down-to-earth…like.., then even if he didn’t show it, because he, however, in the environment ..,that is working (environment), right?that is..he thinks about work and that's that, even if maybe you could not see it, he cared a lot/felt a lot of affection to you three – Mario: "You felt it" – you felt it. Maybe you could not see it, but you felt it, in fact. Then, come on, work with him even at the last opening…like… it was fantastic.Then…like… just look at him singing is beautiful, in my opinion, he really feel it, it makes you even more excited about/captives you, I think, in this world."

So nice to read :wub2:

Thanks for translating girls :huglove:

:blush-anim-cl: Indeed! Even we, MIKAs longtime fans, know how wonderful he is - it's always so great so see that there are constantly new people discovering the same! :wub2: Thanks a lot Charlie20, for your work to share this with us! :huglove: And congratz with your birthday - hope you'll have a wonderful one, close to Christmas time... :wub2:

Love,love

me

Thanks!

Interesting to get their opinion

Thanks Charlie20 for your work! :huglove: It's always interesting to know what are the opinions of people who are not his fans :thumb_yello:

:blush-anim-cl: Indeed! Even we, MIKAs longtime fans, know how wonderful he is - it's always so great so see that there are constantly new people discovering the same! :wub2: Thanks a lot Charlie20, for your work to share this with us! :huglove: And congratz with your birthday - hope you'll have a wonderful one, close to Christmas time... :wub2:

Love,love

me

You are welcome! Yes, it's nice to know the opinion of other people who discover Mika, as an artist and as a person :original:

Thanks for your good wishes, mamiam, you are very kind! :huglove:

I absolutely love what they say about Mika! I absolutely agree!

Thanks for the translation!

I edited a clip from the Daily-31 ( a part of Emma's elimination at the semi-final backstage ).

Could anyone translate it please ?

http://vk.com/video232312753_171094639

Emma: And now, the real challenge begins!

Alessandro: The public has decided that at the final there will be... Madh! Lorenzo! ..and ... Mario!

[Emma is in the ballot with Ilaria]

Mario: [looking at the last performance of Emma] She has not missed a single note ... she is so elegant...

Lorenzo: Emma is crazy ... she has that kind of madness that makes you a true artist

Mario: [about Emma and Ilaria] They both sing very well... they both want to go to the final...

Mika: There was a technical problem [during the performance of Emma] ... the base was not playing...

Alessandro: [to the judges] Do you want to listen to the song again?

Emma: I can also sing it "a cappella" [she sings her song again a cappella]

Madh and Lorenzo: but what does this mean? It makes no sense to sing again ... at this point, also Ilaria must sing again a cappella...

[ilaria sings again her song a cappella]

Mario: but how can they choose between them ?? They are both amazing, they have both beautiful unreleased songs ...

Alessandro: judges! who do you want to eliminate?

Vicky: I choose Emma

Mika: absolutely, I eliminate Ilaria. I'm sorry.

Lorenzo: I think they are going to the tilt ...

Fedez: if I were the tip of the balance I would go to the tilt ... I eliminate Emma, but my intention is to go to tilt...

Lorenzo and Madh: [they seem very happy for the choice of Fedez, they have already realized that Ilaria is safe]

Madh: Morgan first said: "Go Ilaria!". If Morgan is a consistent person ...

Morgan: I appreciate both ... but I gave my "political support" to Victory ... I eliminate Emma.

[Emma goes out of the studios with Mika]

Mika: [to Emma] there is no sense in your elimination ... I'm not very proud of the choice of my colleagues...

Emma: I feel to have already won...because I learned so much...vocally and artistically ... I'm ready to go out!

Mika: I'm very sorry for Emma ... but at the same time I do not want to break this beautiful moment for Mario ... I've never thought that he could go to the final!

Edited by Marta.

Video by Sky TG24

Speciale TG24: X Factor The Best

Pubblicato il : 01/01/2015

http://video.sky.it/news/spettacolo/speciale_tg24_x_factor_the_best/v226546.vid

VK http://vk.com/video232312753_171098939

[sky]226546[/sky]

1420147318099_speciale_tg24_x_factor_the_best_thumbnail_1.jpg

10888681_798543536885935_1934652109164186026_n.jpg?oh=d1519bafa6d12d4743a17d4de0568638&oe=553A9E40&__gda__=1429811192_167ca0854e0d3eeb5f17a5a06d449385

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a VK url.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday, Fedez did a tv interview...

He wasn`t very friendly with Mika...

http://www.affaripuntoevirgola.it/rubriche/notizie/17098-fedez-contro-mika-troppo-star-per-farci-amicizia.html

Poi Fedez passa a commentare Victoria Cabello e Mika specificando che con nessuno dei due è riuscito a creare un rapporto.

Con Victoria non c’era alcun rapporto, forse non siamo mai riusciti a comunicare nel modo giusto; Mika invece era troppo star internazionale per pensare di poterci fare amicizia. Sai il giorno prima della gita scolastica quando pensi che sarà tutto fighissimo poi ci vai e non succede un caz**? Ecco, è andata proprio così

Foto | Facebook Fedez

Yesterday, Fedez did a tv interview...

He wasn`t very friendly with Mika...

http://www.affaripuntoevirgola.it/rubriche/notizie/17098-fedez-contro-mika-troppo-star-per-farci-amicizia.html

Poi Fedez passa a commentare Victoria Cabello e Mika specificando che con nessuno dei due è riuscito a creare un rapporto.

Con Victoria non c’era alcun rapporto, forse non siamo mai riusciti a comunicare nel modo giusto; Mika invece era troppo star internazionale per pensare di poterci fare amicizia. Sai il giorno prima della gita scolastica quando pensi che sarà tutto fighissimo poi ci vai e non succede un caz**? Ecco, è andata proprio così

Foto | Facebook Fedez

With a tripple platinum under his belt now, FEDEZ is likely feeling fairly confident . . . I suppose.

found a large pic from Vogue.it http://www.vogue.it/en/encyclo/people/m/mika

06 Nov 2014, Milan, Italy --- X Factor Italy 2014 Live III on November 06, 2014, in Milan, Italy Pictured: Mika --- Image by © Carlo Darvinci/Splash News/Corbis

Original (2400 x 3000) https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7317/16214377817_b4c88e7cc4_o.jpg

16214377817_768bf67421_h.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz

Vogue.it http://www.vogue.it/en/encyclo/people/m/mika

30 Oct 2014, Milan, Italy --- 'The X Factor Italy' TV show on Sky Uno in Milan, Italy. Pictured: Mika --- Image by ゥ Splash News/Corbis

Original (2832 x 4256) https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7484/16320361715_cb0977b5c1_o.jpg

16320361715_39e202fa4a_h.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
:bow:

could anyone translate / digest the interview ?

Alessandro Raina

Tutto quello che avreste sempre voluto sapere sui talent show, spiegato da Alessandro Raina

http://www.rockit.it/alessandro-raina-x-factor-intervista

16212936120_88dc016955_o.jpg

I'll do it, I've already read it, it's quite long and some parts are really boring, I'll translate Mika-related parts and other parts that might be interesting when it comes to Xfactor. :blush-anim-cl:

----------------

Here it is! I've translated the first part completely, as he speaks about the beginning of his XF and Mika, then I translated the other few parts where he says something Mika-related, and I summerized the most interesting parts.

All you ever wanted to know about talent shows, explained by Alessandro Raina

We’ve interviewed Alessandro Raina, he can explain a talent show like Xfactor from the point of view of someone who worked inside it: he told us about the gay lobby power, about the presumption of the talent, which is hidden but is still there. A long reading that would shed some light on how things work both in tv and in some major labels.

Let’s start from step one: Xfactor. How did everything begin, and what was your first impression about it?

Let’s point out from the beginning, I’ve never followed Xfactor. I only followed the seasons when the Aram Quartet won and Giusy Ferreri reached the second place and the one of Mengoni. I would’ve never imagined I would enter this kind of programs, unless working as an author, but without a snob attitude. I’ve never been critic towards this talent, maybe I was for Amici (another Italian talent) that I pararadoxically followed more than the others, mainly to understand how the singing lessons were going on.

I arrived at Xfactor completely out of the blue, when I got a call from Giulio Mazzoleni, a former collaborator of Universal, that meanwhile had joined Mika’s staff, he knew me because of the promotion of the last record of Amor Fou (I think it’s an Italian group), in particular thanks to one thing we worked together for Vanity Fair. When Xfactor decided to add this new figures, the producers, he proposed me, who in this contest was a brand new and a bit different element, who came from a much more alternative environment than the other ones that had been suggested, I was younger and with a more international attitude, all things that he believed Mika could like. At the end it came out as expected, but when I went to the Assago Forum for my job interview, in August, I walked away feeling furious because everything lasted three minutes after a 4-hours waiting, with Mika who would turn his back on me while making some tea, and me who would try to fill these embarrassing silences. After me it was Bertallot’s turn, he stayed inside for 40 minutes and came out with his arm around one of the author’s shoulders, for me the outcome was quite clear, but I was wrong.

What kind of interview was it?

They asked me what, in my opinion, hadn’t work the previous year, what was my opinion about Mika and his choices. I simply told them what I could and what I couldn’t do…so in case it came to my mind someone who could do better than I could, I told them I would suggest them the right person. On the contrary, on the things I know I could do, I was pretty sure I was the right person. So I told Mika I wasn’t a fan, that I only knew 2 or 3 of his songs and that I would never have an adoring or servile attitude towards him. I thought it was better to tell the truth, without trying to be cool, even if I really thought I wouldn’t make it because I was convinced that people like me, wouldn’t fit in a contest like Xfactor’s. Unexpectedly I received a call after two months, in which I was told that Mika hadn’t talked about that anymore after the interviews, because he had already chosen I would be the right person (even if anyone had figured that out), he told me during a great meeting of two hours at his place in which we laid the foundations for our collaboration. Truth be told, they didn’t know what the role of a producer, in that program was; for them it started out as an experiment as they had to find someone musically competent who could support the judges and who was closer to the contestants’ age, someone who wouldn’t seem a teacher and who could dialog with the judge as well as with the bases producer machine. You should imagine Xfactor as a big city with many branches that don’t communicate too well between them, then there’s the loft where the contestants live, that’s a parallel world. At a certain point anyone must face anyone and that might create some problems, for this reason they looked for someone who could talk in a professional way both with the judges (who are perceived like Gods, who can decide and are allowed to do whatever they want ), with the authors and with the guys, with whom we would spend a lot of time.

-----------------

He then talks about his role, he would spend many hours (5-6 per day) with the guys, either alone or working with the vocal coach, he says that his relationship between him and the guys was very siblings-like, he would help them both artistically and psychologically.

He then says that many talents are real artists who can play tons of instruments, work really hard (as the winner Lorenzo Fragola) and see Xfactor as a university where they can learn a lot from big artists and professionals, and some others who have just come out of a singing school and may have some problems such as not being able to create a strong image of themselves or having the right attitude for a show like the one they’re in.

He points out that that the 80% of the voting audience is very young and therefore the young naïve artist is what this program seems to be looking for. He thinks that this kind of talents can survive as long as this genre of music sells, the interviewer point out that men are mostly songwriters, and women tends to be interpreters and have songs written by others, he explains that in this last few years singers like Malika Ayane o Francesca Michielin are beginning to write their own music or the ones who don’t, are more and more willing to have credits and larger parts of the profit.

He tells that authors like him, have to write at least 3 great hits per year if they want a big profit, while once they only have to write a few big-hits and they would live thanks to those for years. He lists some of the authors that influences him: Radiohead, Venditti, Minghi.

In his point of view shows like Xfactor have an audience that wants to be more and more protagonist, and that’s not always a good thing. The positive aspect of these shows is that they are a good way to invest and build talents, which is something that the music industry is always in need of.

He goes on talking about hidden talents and stuff and says that in Italy, girls like Miley Cyrus would be covered with insults and not valorized as they are abroad. He then refers to the Roman girl who, during the auditions took off her clothes showing a Wonder Woman “dress“, who walked off stage repeating “Italy is not ready for this” when the first person who voted against her was Mika who’s half-English half-Lebanese!

The thing he had to teach the most was discipline, in particular to those who think to be not-understood-talents and behave like children when the attention is not completely on them all the time, or claim to sing a particular song, not listening to their suggestions. He narrates about his work with Malika Ayane, Emma Marrone and other artists.

Later on he says that the kind of musical language that’s used by himself, De Gregori, Mika or a songwriter of the 70es is pretty much the same, as it comes from music studies. He confirms the existence of the lobby, pointing out that authors working in Xfactor, are mostly gay or aged people, and that it affects the choices, the direction and the interpersonal relations inside XF.

Edited by *Vv*

I'll do it, I've already read it, it's quite long and some parts are really boring, I'll translate Mika-related parts and other parts that might be interesting when it comes to Xfactor. :blush-anim-cl:

GREAT !!

Thanks a million for the translation !!!:huglove::flowers2:

It's very interesting interview !!

:blush-anim-cl: could you translate the part of he talks about Bowie if you have time to do ?

GREAT !!

Thanks a million for the translation !!!:huglove::flowers2:

It's very interesting interview !!

:blush-anim-cl: could you translate the part of he talks about Bowie if you have time to do ?

I'll do it with pleasure as soon as I get home. I've taken a couple of days off and I'm spending some time with a few friends on the island of Malta. :naughty::fisch:

I'll post it next Monday or Tuesday.

Greetings from Il Belt:huglove:

Screen shots from a teaser of Accès Illimité 4.

Accès Illimité 4 : Autopromotion émission 8 février - Mika et Joël Legendre, courte

[YOUTUBE]8jdkDiaR2zI[/YOUTUBE]

taken at the rehearsal of XF8 Finale.

can't wait to see the whole of video !!

16298225488_a381beb0a2_b.jpg

16459934976_710e1ca5b4_o.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
old images didn't work, added new url.