Mika's fourth album- end of 2015?

Mika-fan7

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't heard either way but he did put a pic up before the new year from his home in Milan saying he was having listen through of the new album with his management. Maybe they had a few suggestions and he wants to be sure he's giving us his best.

I don't mind waiting longer, whenever it's ready I'm sure it will be worth the wait :thumb_yello:

I haven't heard either way but he did put a pic up before the new year from his home in Milan saying he was having listen through of the new album with his management. Maybe they had a few suggestions and he wants to be sure he's giving us his best.

I don't mind waiting longer, whenever it's ready I'm sure it will be worth the wait :thumb_yello:

Yeah I saw the photo which made me think the end of the year seemed unlikely and want it to be his best too but I also want to see him live this year and I live in England so I won't really have a chance unless he tours for album promotion :teehee:

The information that his album will be out at the end of this year come from a French press article (about The Voice). But it's not an interview and they haven't got really source I think. And another one said last week that his album will be out in April. No one of this informations come from Mika, so we can believe what we want, but this informations can totally be wrong. Actually, I think that all we have to do is to wait ^^

But for the concerts, Mika said himself to French fans that: "il y aura pleins de concert. Trop même" (there will be lots of concerts. Too much in fact).

So you can hope for some concerts this summer !

The information that his album will be out at the end of this year come from a French press article (about The Voice). But it's not an interview and they haven't got really source I think. And another one said last week that his album will be out in April. No one of this informations come from Mika, so we can believe what we want, but this informations can totally be wrong. Actually, I think that all we have to do is to wait ^^

But for the concerts, Mika said himself to French fans that: "il y aura pleins de concert. Trop même" (there will be lots of concerts. Too much in fact).

Waiting for Mika's album :wink2:

I hope it'll be in April for my birthday :pinkbow:

Yeah I saw the photo which made me think the end of the year seemed unlikely and want it to be his best too but I also want to see him live this year and I live in England so I won't really have a chance unless he tours for album promotion :teehee:

I don't mind waiting for the album, if it means he has more time to promote it in the UK. As things stand at the moment, the album doesn't stand a chance in the UK, because no one here even realises that Mika is still alive!

I'm hoping for some festival dates in the UK, because, if he only does small gigs, like he did a couple of years ago, it's not going to help him at all. But if he gets his name on some festival line-ups, people will, at least know he's there, and possibly, see him perform, even if they've gone to see someone else originally.

So that's what I hope for. That, and some TV appearances, before the album comes out. Otherwise, it will be a flop, like the last one, and that would be so terrible!

Thank you so much :wub2: as an English fan I have been waiting for a very long time for some dates so hopefully there will be too many and all other the world :thumb_yello:

I don't mind waiting for the album, if it means he has more time to promote it in the UK. As things stand at the moment, the album doesn't stand a chance in the UK, because no one here even realises that Mika is still alive!

I'm hoping for some festival dates in the UK, because, if he only does small gigs, like he did a couple of years ago, it's not going to help him at all. But if he gets his name on some festival line-ups, people will, at least know he's there, and possibly, see him perform, even if they've gone to see someone else originally.

So that's what I hope for. That, and some TV appearances, before the album comes out. Otherwise, it will be a flop, like the last one, and that would be so terrible!

Yeah he needs to promote here like crazy, most people I talk to about him remember hi a nod used to be fans so if he comes back under their attention again I don't doubt they will be interested :thumb_yello:

Yeah he needs to promote here like crazy, most people I talk to about him remember hi a nod used to be fans so if he comes back under their attention again I don't doubt they will be interested :thumb_yello:

Well here's the thing. People in the UK do remember him, but he's in the past tense now. If there was something to let people know he's still around, I think people would be interested again. It just needs for something to happen here, to wake up the UK again.

Well here's the thing. People in the UK do remember him, but he's in the past tense now. If there was something to let people know he's still around, I think people would be interested again. It just needs for something to happen here, to wake up the UK again.

Yes, I agree :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to say when the album will be released. Being that he's on The Voice in France right now, it's hard to imagine it will be released BEFORE that's ended. Most likely, the album would follow directly on the heels of the Voice finale so he can capitalize on that.

Still, there isn't any official source, so we'll just have to wait and see.

To give you a frame of reference, TBWKTM was released in September 2009, and MIKA had originally "slated" it for spring.

TOOL was released in September and October (personally, I think that hurt it a bit; staggered release dates in the internet age seem beyond stupid, but 3 then years between releases doesn't help anyone who isn't Kat Perry/Taylor Swift/MJ tier anyway, so...). [iirc] Originally, MIKA said 2011, and then Late 2011, probably some other period, and then Summer 2012. (In fact, you can probably go find some of his tweets where he talked about song titles, and said it was coming soon).

What you have to understand is that MIKA is an artist on a major label, and even if he isn't getting priority (because, quite frankly, he's not a priority you can see who some of his current labelmates are here), he's still subject to the suits and all of that bureaucracy.

So, just because he's done ~recording~ doesn't mean it's anywhere near being released.

The label could listen to it and say "yeah, this doesn't work. no to this or that; yada yadda yadda" and then he'd need to rerecord or even re-write elements. It could also take a while to be mixed or something, and even with all of that, the masters could sit on the shelf while the album promo is done and hyped up for 3 months.

So, it's really hard to say anything meaningful with just conjecture.

However, all things considered, I would expect it before the end of 2015; probably in September, but my opinion means jack all, we just have to wait and see (obviously).

It's hard to say when the album will be released. Being that he's on The Voice in France right now, it's hard to imagine it will be released BEFORE that's ended. Most likely, the album would follow directly on the heels of the Voice finale so he can capitalize on that.

Still, there isn't any official source, so we'll just have to wait and see.

To give you a frame of reference, TBWKTM was released in September 2009, and MIKA had originally "slated" it for spring.

TOOL was released in September and October (personally, I think that hurt it a bit; staggered release dates in the internet age seem beyond stupid, but 3 then years between releases doesn't help anyone who isn't Kat Perry/Taylor Swift/MJ tier anyway, so...). [iirc] Originally, MIKA said 2011, and then Late 2011, probably some other period, and then Summer 2012. (In fact, you can probably go find some of his tweets where he talked about song titles, and said it was coming soon).

What you have to understand is that MIKA is an artist on a major label, and even if he isn't getting priority (because, quite frankly, he's not a priority you can see who some of his current labelmates are here), he's still subject to the suits and all of that bureaucracy.

So, just because he's done ~recording~ doesn't mean it's anywhere near being released.

The label could listen to it and say "yeah, this doesn't work. no to this or that; yada yadda yadda" and then he'd need to rerecord or even re-write elements. It could also take a while to be mixed or something, and even with all of that, the masters could sit on the shelf while the album promo is done and hyped up for 3 months.

So, it's really hard to say anything meaningful with just conjecture.

However, all things considered, I would expect it before the end of 2015; probably in September, but my opinion means jack all, we just have to wait and see (obviously).

Mika sort-of mentioned, a while back, that he wanted to take more charge of his publicity. I assume (obviously I don't know for certain) that things like The Voice, X Factor, and private gigs, might be how he wants to fund his publicity.

I know he's had more to do with his videos, since Underwater, which was made on a shoestring, and it's obvious that it was made on a small budget, but Mika did his best and it does have it's good points. But Popular Song was completely down to him (I take that from what I read) and it's so much better!

I've always said that the record company made mistakes, in the previous albums, with the choice of singles. For example, many people think that Stardust would have been an excellent single, instead of Celebrate. The gamble of having PW on the song, didn't pay off for Mika. I also knew, regarding TBWKTM, that Rain and BIOTG wouldn't do well in the UK. I think Good Gone Girl would have done better.

Mika probably knows the record company are, a lot, to blame for his career demise, especially in the UK, so what I'm curious about is, what Mika will do himself, to promote his album and if he'll be able to release the singles he wants?

I don't mind the wait, if it means that Mika can become relevant in the UK again. He's too talented to just fade away.

I see where you're coming from, but fact of the matter is; MIKA really doesn't have final say. The TV stuff has been great exposure for him, so hopefully that turns things around, but then consider...he's still low on the totem pole in English speaking countries.

He's not a major super-star, and that bums me out as well, but fact of the matter is not everyone can be at that Kanye West or Katy Perry-level of pop stardom, and I personally don't think he wants all of that (just my opinion, obviously).

I don't know what the money looks like for him, but I get the feeling that he does pretty okay in France and Italy (Korea too for that matter), because if you notice, he'll take his victory lap there, instead of the States or the UK (and he's in both countries all the time!!).

I'm also curious to see what promo routes are taken with this next LP; choosing the "better" single instead of the most accessible one is a good start. A Pharrell feature means jack****, because Pharell just about works with everyone, so it's not all that exclusive. I agree, that was a poor choice.

Whats also silly is the label not continuing to push singles; Sara Bareilles has a very long single cycle (6+months, compared to the typical 3-4ish) but her label usually has something out in the market place (but even with her; she'll do something radio fodder just to placate; ie Brave).

MIKA and Sam Smith sort of occupy the same space; so I'm wondering is MIKA will just be able to slip in behind Smith, because by Summer, Smith will probably be fizzling out (as far as being "in your face"" because I imagine he'll be on a world tour of some sort, or just back in the studio).

But yeah who knows, MIKA is quite unique, hopefully he can be a super star to the masses once more, and if not; 2007 was a great year, haha

I see where you're coming from, but fact of the matter is; MIKA really doesn't have final say. The TV stuff has been great exposure for him, so hopefully that turns things around, but then consider...he's still low on the totem pole in English speaking countries.

He's not a major super-star, and that bums me out as well, but fact of the matter is not everyone can be at that Kanye West or Katy Perry-level of pop stardom, and I personally don't think he wants all of that (just my opinion, obviously).

I don't know what the money looks like for him, but I get the feeling that he does pretty okay in France and Italy (Korea too for that matter), because if you notice, he'll take his victory lap there, instead of the States or the UK (and he's in both countries all the time!!).

I'm also curious to see what promo routes are taken with this next LP; choosing the "better" single instead of the most accessible one is a good start. A Pharrell feature means jack****, because Pharell just about works with everyone, so it's not all that exclusive. I agree, that was a poor choice.

Whats also silly is the label not continuing to push singles; Sara Bareilles has a very long single cycle (6+months, compared to the typical 3-4ish) but her label usually has something out in the market place (but even with her; she'll do something radio fodder just to placate; ie Brave).

MIKA and Sam Smith sort of occupy the same space; so I'm wondering is MIKA will just be able to slip in behind Smith, because by Summer, Smith will probably be fizzling out (as far as being "in your face"" because I imagine he'll be on a world tour of some sort, or just back in the studio).

But yeah who knows, MIKA is quite unique, hopefully he can be a super star to the masses once more, and if not; 2007 was a great year, haha

I tend to think that Mika doesn't just want to be a popstar. That is good, because no popstar can last forever, especially at the top of the game. Gary Barlow, for example, faded away for a while, but is at the top now, not just releasing singles, but doing other things too.

One thing that does bug me, regarding Mika's collab with Pharell, is that Celebrate, whilst not being the best song on TOOL, is actually much beter than HAPPY, by Pharell W. That song is so annoying and yet it is still played everywhere and is a huge hit! But Celebrate was hardly played in the UK, but HAPPY was played a lot! The UK had already written off Mika, and that is so sad.

But I hope he has a plan to win back the UK and other English-speaking countries. Surely he won't just be satisfied with super-stardom in just a few countries. That would be such a waste.

I hope his record company get behind him again.

I tend to think that Mika doesn't just want to be a popstar. That is good, because no popstar can last forever, especially at the top of the game. Gary Barlow, for example, faded away for a while, but is at the top now, not just releasing singles, but doing other things too.

One thing that does bug me, regarding Mika's collab with Pharell, is that Celebrate, whilst not being the best song on TOOL, is actually much beter than HAPPY, by Pharell W. That song is so annoying and yet it is still played everywhere and is a huge hit! But Celebrate was hardly played in the UK, but HAPPY was played a lot! The UK had already written off Mika, and that is so sad.

But I hope he has a plan to win back the UK and other English-speaking countries. Surely he won't just be satisfied with super-stardom in just a few countries. That would be such a waste.

I hope his record company get behind him again.

I live in Australia and whenever I talk about MIKA to people, they always ask me who mika is. It's such a shame because he used to be so big here and now he's kind of faded away, which sucks because I believe people would love his latest music. Hopefully the new album gets heard by a lot of people here! I do believe that 'Celebrate' is much better than 'Happy' and that it should get more air play! Unfortunately, the only songs that get air play in Australia are songs from LICM!

Yes I would expect it either on the heels of the Voice finale or the usual September release.

Mika sort-of mentioned, a while back, that he wanted to take more charge of his publicity. I assume (obviously I don't know for certain) that things like The Voice, X Factor, and private gigs, might be how he wants to fund his publicity.

I think X Factor and the Voice are his methods of promoting himself, not a way to fund promotion. Although I expect Mika has always invested his own time and money in his promo by making documentary type videos and artwork, etc.

I believe Mika accepts that his career is now centred on Italy and France and he's not going to put in some herculean effort to try to shift it back to the UK. Hopefully there will be some gigs in the UK though, the same as he always tours the US even if it's small venues.

I think Sam Smith is occupying the same space as Adele and she is the one who will fill it when Sam Smith goes back into the studio. I think the reason both of them are successful in the US is because of the old school R&B feel of their music and their diva-level voices, neither of which applies to Mika.

Yeah :aah::naughty:

I think Sam Smith is occupying the same space as Adele and she is the one who will fill it when Sam Smith goes back into the studio. I think the reason both of them are successful in the US is because of the old school R&B feel of their music and their diva-level voices, neither of which applies to Mika.

No, I agree actually. I was thinking in terms of the "male popstar" position (as it stands, there's...Timberlake...Nick Jonas......Jason Derulo........thats just about it at the moment, it's a slim list presently).

But upon further consideration, MIKA is closer kin to someone like Rufus Wainwright, and even then, they're not all that similar, as Wainwright's music is generally more complex and less "accessible" that MIKA, who's writing simple pop songs most of the time.

One thing that does bug me, regarding Mika's collab with Pharell, is that Celebrate, whilst not being the best song on TOOL, is actually much beter than HAPPY, by Pharell W. That song is so annoying and yet it is still played everywhere and is a huge hit! But Celebrate was hardly played in the UK, but HAPPY was played a lot!

Pharell is more well known and has been around far longer than MIKA; but more importantly it was the title track for a major animated motion picture.

The same could be said for Grace Kelly, most people know that song, and thats because it was featured pretty heavily in and film/tv productions.

Edited by Daisuke

I believe Mika accepts that his career is now centred on Italy and France and he's not going to put in some herculean effort to try to shift it back to the UK. Hopefully there will be some gigs in the UK though, the same as he always tours the US even if it's small venues.

I think he need to make an effort to be more popular in the uk now because if the new songs will go well in the uk they are going to go well at least in the rest of europe. And even if he has done x factor in Italy, it's possible that the new single doesn't become a radio hit like it's happen with popular song, that i heard just a couple of time in the radio (Popular Song was released in Italy after Stardust with Chiara, about a year ago). Especially if he release the song in this period with all the Sanremo song.

So i wish he's going to start to promote the new stuff in England, because I need a Mika hit on the radio again! :)

I think he need to make an effort to be more popular in the uk now because if the new songs will go well in the uk they are going to go well at least in the rest of europe. And even if he has done x factor in Italy, it's possible that the new single doesn't become a radio hit like it's happen with popular song, that i heard just a couple of time in the radio (Popular Song was released in Italy after Stardust with Chiara, about a year ago). Especially if he release the song in this period with all the Sanremo song.

So i wish he's going to start to promote the new stuff in England, because I need a Mika hit on the radio again! :)

Well said. I completely agree.

I actually thought Popular Song stood a good chance of being a hit in the UK. A few of us fans, contacted the radio stations in the UK, but only a few, very small, online stations, played it. Mika needs Radio One to play his music. That's the main one. But also other stations with a lot of listeners.

I don't think he should just be content with being successful Italy and France. He has too much talent for that, and he should try to win back the English speaking countries again.

I don't heard what it says in the title and I really hope that it won't be that ^^

But with The Voice and X-Factor, ok it's a good idea for promotion but seriously even if I watch The Voice (only for Mika XD) I hope that he won't go on for the next season because he don't have much time to do some better work.

Look, we were suppose to have a single in the end of January and we still don't have more news about that...

But with the nexts gigs (Montreal, Tokyo and Osaka) I have some hope that we will have at least one more song, just one I don't care but please I need something, 30 seconds of an extract not enough for me, it's good sure, but not enough.

I'm ok if Mika takes time to release his album, more time on it better it will be :P but I need some solid stuff of it (a full song for example x))

a bunch of people are saying it's coming out in April on Twitter at the moment. i haven't found out where they got this info from yet, but let's hope it's true! :groupwave:

The news come from and article about the upcoming concerts with OSM :thumb_yello:

I really hope it's true this time :fisch: