2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 10 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

mari62

My neck's a bit stiff, yes... :naughty:

The music was amazing, got goosebumps several times! :wub2: but it wasn't a mika gig. I didn't know what to expect because it's so different... but guess i expected or hoped he'd add a bit of his usual gig feeling to this orchestra concert. It was purely about the music tho. No dancing. No standing (except for standing ovations). Only little clapping to some songs. So that's something i missed. Doesn't mean i'm disappointed in any way tho, like i said i didn't know what to expect, and the music was wonderful! Was so great to hear new songs too! Ordinary man reminds me a bit of some old movies, or musicals, like my fair lady or singing in the rain. At least in this orchestra version.

Oh, BUT i missed pick up off the floor! :sneaky2:

Anyway, gotta sleep now. I'm sure you'll all get to hear the new songs, saw some filming tho it wasn't allowed. :bleh:

B9indJlIMAATPBT.jpg

Thank you :huglove::flowers2:

I knew you were at the end of my row, but I forgot what one :aah:, and I didn't want to go down there and be like, "So which one of you is Alie." :mf_rosetinted::lmao:

I'm sure someday I'll gather the confidence :naughty:

Anyway :pinkbow: Did you happen to sneak any pics :naughty:

My cellphone is a cheap one, I could share you pics but they are horrible. :aah: But I'm still looking for a good quality picture from the second night, if you see something. It's for a poster. :blush-anim-cl:

what do we get when we cross a Symphony orchestra and Mika?

Magic :swoon::wub2:

We weren't allowed to take pictures or record during the show.

We heard three new songs

Good Guys (all of it)

The last party

Ordinary man

I think the most acclaimed song was Happy Ending... it was just perfect :wub2:

Mika's voice was outstanding. I think at the beginning, he was nervous, but he settled down and did gave us a spectacular show.

photo%202%205_zpsxkcumjef.jpg

I didn't wait to see if he was coming out... i'm not sure if he did :dunno:

MFCers sent Mika flowers and he posted a pic on Instagram

photo%204_zps17syfs97.png

This is what the bouquet we sent looked like. It was huge!

It went right below my chin :naughty:

e654adcf-a2db-4112-b607-182021706547_zpsqbg0r4ut.jpg

The card:

front: photo%204%203_zpsxyinawic.jpg

Inside:

photo%202%206_zpsayfp1fwo.jpg

24c12eb1-cc1e-4a42-9fa2-762efe6684ca_zpslc9y3udk.jpg

tomorrow will be fun!! :dance_man:

I'm sure i'm forgetting 1000 things that will come to me later :naughty:

Thank you Guy for posting the card. Beautiful choice of words for a beautiful (huge) bouquet :wink2:

Edited by guylainem123

Thank you Guy for posting the card. Beautiful choice of words for a beautiful (huge) bouquet :wink2:

Thank you, but the words are Deb's ... she is so much better than i ever could be.

Nanou & I went shopping for the card & fell in love with this one.

Deb liked it also & thought the image was so appropriate for the circumstances.

The card was actually huge... it matched the flowers :aah:

Nanou is the one who wrote inside the card.

(the rest of this post isn't for you PaolaC, but for everyone)

WHICH REMINDS ME ....

there are a few members who said they would contribute to the flowers,

the wine & the card & to this day, we haven't received the money.

If your name is in the card and you haven't paid yet, please contact Deb

in PM to make arrangements. It's not fair that we, the mod team, have to pay your share.

Thank you, but the words are Deb's ... she is so much better than i ever could be.

Nanou & I went shopping for the card & fell in love with this one.

Deb liked it also & thought the image was so appropriate for the circumstances.

The card was actually huge... it matched the flowers :aah:

Nanou is the one who wrote inside the card.

(the rest of this post isn't for you PaolaC, but for everyone)

WHICH REMINDS ME ....

in PM to make arrangements. It's not fair that we, the mod team, have to pay your share.

So, thank you for your great job, girls :thumb_yello:

Just to be sure everything's ok: me, Valerria and Tillymilo gave Deb the money on the first OSM evening, after the dinner. Are we among the ones who paid, aren't we?

So, thank you for your great job, girls :thumb_yello:

Just to be sure everything's ok: me, Valerria and Tillymilo gave Deb the money on the first OSM evening, after the dinner. Are we among the ones who paid, aren't we?

Deb has the list, but if you paid, don't worry about it :thumb_yello:

Vidéo 50 mn inside

Vidéo 50 mn inside : Mika, escapade à Montréal

I've uploaded a [HD] video to VK !

ORIGINAL http://www.wat.tv/video/mika-escapade-montreal-792e1_2ey19_.html

VK https://vk.com/video232312753_171153928 :wink2:

translation

It's also on mikawebsite

http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-50-mn-inside-mika-escapade-a-montreal/

Translation in English :wink2:

This is an exclusivity: Mika invited us to follow him backstage in a big magic and philarmonic concert in Montreal. Meanwhile preparing his album to be released in spring and also being each week a very dedicated judge in The Voice at the same time, discover intimate Mika.

Montreal in Quebec last week, temperature is around minus 15 degrees centigrades, in the symphonic orchestra building , the musicians are getting their intruments ready to play together, they are waiting for their guest , who will sing with them for the very first time tonight.

Mika: "I'm late". Already late!"

Mika has already spent several days in Montreal rehearsing with the 105 musicians of the orchestra . He is going to give three exceptional concerts in this concert hall that can hold an audience of 2000 people , one of the most well known in the world. Time has come for the very last rehearsals.

Mika and Simon Leclerc, the conductor, made together arrangements of his songs,so the orchestra could play them. Singing here is a true challenge, the building leaves no room for errors,

Mika:"The acoustician (he also took care of a similar place in Tokyo) which means a finger snap on stage can be heard to the furthest part of the room by the security exit and "the paradise" (higher parts of the room). It's amazing! It's fabulous!"

A new challenge for Mika, this singer with so many facets, we follow him now in Montreal.

A few hours before his concerts, Mika is taking a Montreal tour.

Mika: "I can't see you because there's an animal trying to get into my back as I'm talking to you. It's fake fur of course. "

Montreal is a town the singer knows well. He came to Montreal seven years ago and has been returning regularly since then in order to sing on stage or record albums, but tonight's event started out a bit by chance. A year and a half ago, one of Mika's Canadian friends who is a journalist suggested this idea to him after a concert. She told me: "I saw you playing piano, why don't you do something totally classic, with a symphony?" and I said : "Yes, why not, some day, yes" and I asked her if she knew someone at the symphony and she said:"no", so I asked her how she would get in touch with them and she said she would find them in the yellow pages, and that's exactly what she did. Then four months later she called me and said they agreed to the project and now here we are.

On this particular day Mika takes some time to go high to be able to enjoy a view of Montreal. It's the first time he sees Montreal under the snow from so high.

Mika: "Nice view, it's not bad, it's so flat!"

Mika lives in London. Before his stay in to Montreal, he was in Los Angeles to get his new album ready, then he's off to New York and after that to Paris for The Voice , and he will soon tour all around the world for new concerts. Mika is 31 and he is a true nomad.

Mika: "I'm a bit like a gypsy. In a way I don't mind but that's because I travel a lot but with my friends and my family. I have this priviledge to feel at home everywhere I am. So right now I don't mind. But I don't have any children, so my life isn't traditional in that way at home, so for now it gives me freedom, but if it changes some day, well it will change, but now it's going well. "

The singer wants to visit a special place he heard a lot about.

Mika: "We are going to Garou's"

Garou is one of the owners of this inn, which was opened in 1754 , so one of the oldest of North America. After being totally refurbished it has become one of the most famous restaurants in Montreal. Garou is not there on that day, but the chief Emily Rizeto invites Mika to follow her into the kitchen.

Mika:"Good evening."

Mika: "Do I cook? Yes I love cooking?"

Chief: "Yeah! Can you cook anything?"

Mika: "Yes! Anything!"

Chief:"So I'm gonna make you work a bit!"

Mika:" Yeah!"

Chief; "Here we go!"

Mika is going to help the chief cook his lunch (chateaubriand -big slice of beef-with a mix of vegetables)

Mika:"The surgeon gloves are not very sexy! Am I doing this well?"

Chief: "Yeah!"

Mika: "Those are big slices aren't they?"

Chief: "The red one is for meat."

Mika:"If someone had told me I was going to cook in Garou's restaurant....he's in Paris and he's watching me from there! "

Mika: "Done! This is how to do it."

Chief: "It's delicious!"

MIKA:"In Italian!"

But good food is not the only asset of this place. On the top floor, a stange place is hidden, at the end of these steep and dark stairs.

Mika:"It's like in an old western! Do we continue?"

Mika: "Waoh!"

An attic filled with old pianos!

Mika:"This one is not in a good shape!"

Mika:"That's so cool! What a good idea! The pianos cementery!

The piano, Mika's good luck instrument. It is with a piano that he discovered music. Michael Hollbrook Penniman started playing the piano as a chid when he was six in Paris where he lives with his family. By a twist of fate this particular piano will follow him in London when the family has to move very fast there when Mika is ten.

Mika:" We had to leave Paris in very difficult circumstances. We had lost everything. One of the only things that followed us in the move from Paris to London was that piano because the bailiffs didn't take it because it has no value. And this is the piano on which I composed almost all of my first and second albums."

Today, the little boy who played the piano has become a singer and a star with ten million albums sold. A star who is about to take a big risk tonight by singing on one of the most well known concert hall in the world. 2000 people came to listen to him.

Mika: "I feel a bit nervous, I feel out of control, I know I can not do a single mistake in this context, there's no security net , if I fall I can't hide , I can't dance, there are no lights, no staging, there's nothing."

Tonight it won' t be an extravagant, colorful gig as he's used to , but acoustic music.

Mika:"Good evening."

And Mika's bet is a total success, this classical orchestra plays his pop music, as for example, his newest single, Boum Boum Boum which tells the story of a couple making love. After an hour and a half of concert, Mika seems reassured.

Mika:"It was nice."

Journalist: "How do you feel?"

Mika: "Electrified."

On this particular night the audience was so lucky as they heard four new songs of Mika's coming album which he is currently finishing.

Thanks a lot for the translation Anne !!:huglove:

Translation by Crazyaboutmika, timing by me:

[YOUTUBE]mcmraEm6nAU[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you very much for your great works !!

Edited by Kumazzz
adding YouTube post

A very good article (in french) about last night: http://www.ledevoir.com/culture/musique/431495/mika-et-l-osm

Perhaps someone could translate it?

I have in another thread, I'll look for the link and share it here :thumb_yello:

There you go :wink2:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4066054&postcount=58

Edited by crazyaboutmika

WHICH REMINDS ME ....

Thanks for the reminder, Guy. For the record, my paypal is dcdeb @ cox. net . :thumb_yello:

Edited by dcdeb

AHHH!!! So exciting to see my name on that card >.< I had almost forgotten that I had asked to be a part of it >.<. Good thing I saw some girls paying with cash after the first night dinner or I would have forgotten all together.

So lovely! I'm trying to imagine how huge that card must have been lmao!

AHHH!!! So exciting to see my name on that card >.< I had almost forgotten that I had asked to be a part of it >.<. Good thing I saw some girls paying with cash after the first night dinner or I would have forgotten all together.

So lovely! I'm trying to imagine how huge that card must have been lmao!

i can't remember for sure, but i think it was 7" (high) x 12" (wide)

So once opened, it was 14" x 12"

Nanou & I took this pic at the store to show Deb how big the card was.

The cards under the one we bought are regular size cards

card_zpspstcbr9p.jpg

Thanks for the reminder, Guy. For the record, my paypal is dcdeb @ cox . net . :thumb_yello:

That was the info I was waiting for, Deb. Thank you. On my way to pay you now.

Edited by dcdeb

WHICH REMINDS ME ....

Was waiting to get the PayPal info, which Deb has only just provided. Payment was just sent. So done, done and done! :mikadas:

I found these on youtube. Don't know if it was already posted. Don't know if it's someone from MFC who recorded it either.

[YOUTUBE]lzwhm0pEXEM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ko2JX1LD1Sc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]by6364kmJL0[/YOUTUBE]

I found these on youtube. Don't know if it was already posted. Don't know if it's someone from MFC who recorded it either.

Thank you Annie :huglove:

I can't tell because my phone won' t open the links but I'll try again once I'm home on pc :wink2:

That one who recorded it, must have been sitting quite near to Max :teehee:

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

RE-post from the thread Mika in Canadian Press - 2015

fugues http://www.fugues.com/244596-article-heroes-and-zeros-of-the-year-2015.html Heroes and Zeros of the Year 2015

Publié le 16 décembre 2015 à 15h30

Hero   British pop star Mika, who performed three sold-out nights with the OSM at the Maison Symphonique de Montréal in 2015.

“Sexuality and identity have been the ingredients of my music and lyrics since the beginning,” Mika told me.

“It was always there. It’s just that my figuring out was done in a different way and under a lot of pressure.”

pdf file http://issuu.com/fugues/docs/fuguesjanv2016_com

24240543715_aa599f7d4f.jpg

page 34 https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1648/24214441856_4bc8bc83d2_k.jpg

page 35 https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1661/24240565055_e788f8618f_k.jpg

23944978960_830e27a17d_b.jpg

• silver changed the title to 2015 - MIKA & L’Orchestre Symphonique de Montréal - 10 Feb - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS