MIKA Announces Collaboration with SWATCH

krysady

7745_10151394763860936_339527972_n.jpg

From Mika's FB page:

Mika has been asked to collaborate with Swatch on their fantastic 30th birthday celebrations! We all know and admire Mika's unique sense of creativity, Swatch do too. And there is another very special connection… 2013 marks the 30th anniversary of the iconic Swiss watch maker and this year Mika will be 30 too! And so a partnership begins… They want Mika to bring his quirky and colourful sense of fun to the brand. You may have noticed that in his video for 'Popular,' Mika is wearing a Swatch watch, the Touch Blue. The meeting of the 2 then comes again with 'Underwater' soundtracking the adverts for the new 'Scuba Libre' design, launched on 1st June. For the second time in May 2013, Swatch is the partner of the 55th International Art Exhibition at La Biennale di Venezia and Mika will be there! The 'Swatch Faces' concept, an incredible multi-media exhibition and installation, will be shown at one of the two principle spaces of the Biennale. It features a wall of portraits of 30 people who will be 30 years old in 2013, to celebrate 30 years of Swatch! The watch brand is a long-time supporter of The Arts and Mika is thrilled to be an 'ambassador' of the project. The multi-media collaboration between Swatch and Mika will further evolve later this year when Mika brings his inimitable creative flair to a special watch design!! We'll keep you posted on all the details on the watch itself… Of the collaboration, Mika says, 'Swatch is such an iconic brand. I have always admired their creativity - from their classic and pure designs, to their exciting and wacky collaborations with artists. It's a design brand that has been able to reflect every decade since it launched, while remaining incredibly consistent with its unique design principles. I grew up with Swatch and have been a fan for years, so to be one of the 30 people chosen to represent the brand at their 30th anniversary is brilliant! I look forward to seeing what the next 30 years will hold, too.'

945202_10151503655528040_963340584_n.jpg

OFFICIAL VIDEO by SWATCH : http://www.youtube.com/user/swatch?feature=watch

Swatch at the 55th Biennale di Venezia -- Press Conference

[YOUTUBE]NboMbK_DXr0[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by mari62

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And from Twitter:

UniversalMusic Globe ‏@UMusicGlobeUK 59s

Swatch is proud to announce a collaboration with Mika pic.twitter.com/KF3BIHOzsy

BLgSY-NCIAA9iFM.jpg

Edited by krysady

7745_10151394763860936_339527972_n.jpg

From Mika's FB page:

Mika has been asked to collaborate with Swatch on their fantastic 30th birthday celebrations! We all know and admire Mika's unique sense of creativity, Swatch do too. And there is another very special connection… 2013 marks the 30th anniversary of the iconic Swiss watch maker and this year Mika will be 30 too! And so a partnership begins… They want Mika to bring his quirky and colourful sense of fun to the brand. You may have noticed that in his video for 'Popular,' Mika is wearing a Swatch watch, the Touch Blue. The meeting of the 2 then comes again with 'Underwater' soundtracking the adverts for the new 'Scuba Libre' design, launched on 1st June. For the second time in May 2013, Swatch is the partner of the 55th International Art Exhibition at La Biennale di Venezia and Mika will be there! The 'Swatch Faces' concept, an incredible multi-media exhibition and installation, will be shown at one of the two principle spaces of the Biennale. It features a wall of portraits of 30 people who will be 30 years old in 2013, to celebrate 30 years of Swatch! The watch brand is a long-time supporter of The Arts and Mika is thrilled to be an 'ambassador' of the project. The multi-media collaboration between Swatch and Mika will further evolve later this year when Mika brings his inimitable creative flair to a special watch design!! We'll keep you posted on all the details on the watch itself… Of the collaboration, Mika says, 'Swatch is such an iconic brand. I have always admired their creativity - from their classic and pure designs, to their exciting and wacky collaborations with artists. It's a design brand that has been able to reflect every decade since it launched, while remaining incredibly consistent with its unique design principles. I grew up with Swatch and have been a fan for years, so to be one of the 30 people chosen to represent the brand at their 30th anniversary is brilliant! I look forward to seeing what the next 30 years will hold, too.'

945202_10151503655528040_963340584_n.jpg

You're again very early - with another fantastic info!- Thanks!! :thumb_yello:

So love this old photo with his arm full of swatches - he reminds me so much of Marc Bolan from T.Rex here :wub2:

Love,love

me

This is a cool collaboration! :thumb_yello: I had a Swatch at 80's :blush-anim-cl: Curious to see his design!

I had several Swatches over the years -- I was an '80s girl, after all. :teehee:

My oldest one still works and I wear it from time to time:

chrono%20tech%20swatch%20watch_thm.jpg

I can't believe it's nearly 30 years old! 1984 seems like just yesterday to me.

:old:

But the strap cracked and broke off on my favorite one.

azimut%20vintage%20swatch%20watch%201_thm.jpg

So Mika, if you're listening, BLUE is my favorite color -- I would like to replace this one with something with your design.

OK. Go... :naughty:

Edited by dcdeb

That's a great cooperation! Swatch is one of the few watch-making-companies that makes colourful and interesting watches and whose style fits totally with Mikas style. From all his side-projects it's the only one where I'm really looking forward to see the his designed products and where I can definitely can see me buying an Mika-designed item :D

I had several Swatches over the years -- I was an '80s girl, after all. :teehee:

My oldest one still works and I wear it from time to time:

chrono%20tech%20swatch%20watch_thm.jpg

I can't believe it's nearly 30 years old! 1984 seems like just yesterday to me.

:old:

But the strap cracked and broke off on my favorite one.

azimut%20vintage%20swatch%20watch%201_thm.jpg

So Mika, if you're listening, BLUE is my favorite color -- I would like to replace this one with something with your design.

OK. Go... :naughty:

That's funny,cause my mom has these 2 watches too:shocked:

She bought the first in 1985.

Nice collaboration,my favorite singer and my favorite watch company:thumb_yello:willing to see his design!

What about Russia ? Any chance to get Swatch designed by Mika ? There are so many Swatch stores in Moscow.

I`m a big fan of Swatch for years.... and I still wear them)))

BTW, I prefer blue and red, white and golden colour:wink2:

Thanks for the news)

Thank you,Deb,for fixing my post and the thread's title :flowers2:

Just wanted to spruce it up a bit and moved it to the front page news. Hope that's OK! :thumb_yello:

That's a great cooperation! Swatch is one of the few watch-making-companies that makes colourful and interesting watches and whose style fits totally with Mikas style. From all his side-projects it's the only one where I'm really looking forward to see the his designed products and where I can definitely can see me buying an Mika-designed item :D

Yes, I totally agree! :)

That's funny,cause my mom has these 2 watches too:shocked:

She bought the first in 1985.

Wow, that IS funny. Your mom has good taste! :wink2:

Just wanted to spruce it up a bit and moved it to the front page news. Hope that's OK! :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello: I'm always afraid to open a new thread because of my poor english :blush-anim-cl:

I'm really glad for this collaboration,Swatch is a big company,having stores all over the world (unlike JBC).

It seems to me as if this one is already by Mika:dunno:

No,it says that Swatch released today an app for matching your face with an watch model from their collection :wink2: (at least this is what I got with my italian :aah:)

"La presentazione della nuova app #swatch #swatch_faces che trova il modello più giusto per te. Il primo a

sperimentarla ? #mika"

So I guess that is the suitable model for Mika's face :teehee:

Edited by krysady

I was just thinking about buying a new watch last week!

I still haven't gotten around replacing the battery of my current watch which died the evening before Mikas gig in Montreal in April. (I'm SO lazy I know :blush-anim-cl:)

I think faith I trying to tell me something :mf_rosetinted:

If only their watches weren't so noisy...gosh I can't sleep at night with my swatch :blink: it's tic toc is a nightmare.

I'm sure Mika's one will do tah-dah,tah-dah :naughty:

:thumb_yello: I'm always afraid to open a new thread because of my poor english :blush-anim-cl:

I'm really glad for this collaboration,Swatch is a big company,having stores all over the world (unlike JBC).

Indeed, we have a jewellers in my home town that sells Swatch watches, so I think I know what I will be asking for, for my birthday this year:biggrin2: