• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

An article by WWD

May 30, 2013

Swatch to Celebrate 30th Anniversary at Venice Biennale

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/swatch-to-celebrate-30th-anniversary-at-venice-biennale-6961975?module=Fashion-Fashion%20Scoops-main

NEW TIME: Swatch is celebrating its 30th anniversary launching the “Swatch Faces” project at the 55th edition of the Venice Biennale.

The Swiss company is taking part in the international contemporary art exhibition with two main projects. The first consists of an installation located at Venice Biennale’s Giardini area showing the faces and the art works of the 16 artists who last year lived in the Swatch Art Peace Hotel, a resort in Shanghai’s Bund renovated by the label to host artists from all around the world.

“The installation is inspired by the hotel,” said Swatch chief executive officer Nick Hayek Jr. “It’s an ideal bridge between Venice and Shanghai.”

Among the artists presented at the Giardini is Josè Carlos Casado, who also designed “Off,” a limited edition watch, sold with a unique watercolor signed by the Spanish artist. “Off” is part of Swatch’s Art Special range, which also includes two other styles, “Blue Wild Face” and “Wild Face,” conceived by New York-based Japanese artist duo Goto Design.

In addition, at Biennale’s Arsenale area, Swatch has realized an art wall featuring the pictures of 30 people born in 1983, when the company was founded.

Among them is British singer Mika.

”I grew up at the same time as Swatch was growing up and I started to read time with a Flik Flak watch [Flik Flak is Swatch Group’s watch brand for children and kids].

So I developed this kind of obsession from the age of five even if I can’t read the time easily because I’m dyslexic,”

Mika said, adding that “Swatch is creative, anti-snob, that for me is very important.”

To involve customers and collectors in the Swatch Faces project, the company has developed a smartphone application, associating each portrait uploaded on the app with a specific watch from the company’s archives.

Flick Flack : http://www.flikflak.com/

The Swatch collaboration sounds really fascinating!! Cant wait to hear more about it:thumb_yello:

An article by WWD

May 30, 2013

Swatch to Celebrate 30th Anniversary at Venice Biennale

http://www.wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-scoops/swatch-to-celebrate-30th-anniversary-at-venice-biennale-6961975?module=Fashion-Fashion%20Scoops-main

NEW TIME: Swatch is celebrating its 30th anniversary launching the “Swatch Faces” project at the 55th edition of the Venice Biennale.

The Swiss company is taking part in the international contemporary art exhibition with two main projects. The first consists of an installation located at Venice Biennale’s Giardini area showing the faces and the art works of the 16 artists who last year lived in the Swatch Art Peace Hotel, a resort in Shanghai’s Bund renovated by the label to host artists from all around the world.

“The installation is inspired by the hotel,” said Swatch chief executive officer Nick Hayek Jr. “It’s an ideal bridge between Venice and Shanghai.”

Among the artists presented at the Giardini is Josè Carlos Casado, who also designed “Off,” a limited edition watch, sold with a unique watercolor signed by the Spanish artist. “Off” is part of Swatch’s Art Special range, which also includes two other styles, “Blue Wild Face” and “Wild Face,” conceived by New York-based Japanese artist duo Goto Design.

In addition, at Biennale’s Arsenale area, Swatch has realized an art wall featuring the pictures of 30 people born in 1983, when the company was founded.

Among them is British singer Mika.

”I grew up at the same time as Swatch was growing up and I started to read time with a Flik Flak watch [Flik Flak is Swatch Group’s watch brand for children and kids].

So I developed this kind of obsession from the age of five even if I can’t read the time easily because I’m dyslexic,”

Mika said, adding that “Swatch is creative, anti-snob, that for me is very important.”

To involve customers and collectors in the Swatch Faces project, the company has developed a smartphone application, associating each portrait uploaded on the app with a specific watch from the company’s archives.

Flick Flack : http://www.flikflak.com/

Had a flik flak too when I was a kid. Hadnt realized until now that our generation grew up at the same time as swatch. Also totally agree with what Mika said about Swatch being creative and anti snob.

Indeed, we have a jewellers in my home town that sells Swatch watches, so I think I know what I will be asking for, for my birthday this year:biggrin2:

So does this meant the campaign will be in the UK? *holds breath and prays*

Do you remember this tweet??

MIKA official ‏@mikasounds 3 May

That said, seeing as I'm always late, it may surprise you what my sister Yasmine and I are working in next!

:teehee::teehee::teehee:

:thumb_yello::naughty:

I'm an 80's girl too and have 3 Swatch watches. I've tried to tell my daughter, who is 13, that not only does she need to wear my Swatch watches but she needs to wear all 3 of them at the same time. She looks at me like "what do you know, old lady."

From now on, I will tell her that she can't wear my watches because Mika says I have to wear them. It'll be like 1980-something all over again.

Love this collaboration actually. He's a great spokesperson for Swatch!

Just found this article online....sorry it it's already been posted.

This Article is Free But most are not – get all of our exclusive content and more Free Preview

In addition, at Biennale’s Arsenale area, Swatch has realized an art wall featuring the pictures of 30 people born in 1983, when the company was founded. Among them is British singer Mika.”I grew up at the same time as Swatch was growing up and I started to read time with a Flik Flak watch [Flik Flak is Swatch Group’s watch brand for children and kids]. So I developed this kind of obsession from the age of five even if I can’t read the time easily because I’m dyslexic,” Mika said, adding that “Swatch is creative, anti-snob, that for me is very important.”

VOGUE. Italia

http://www.vogue.it/en/people-are-talking-about/parties-events/2013/05/swatch-faces-party?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#ad-image12

Swatch celebrates its 30th birthday this year and chooses the Venice Biennale as the place to do it. Last night's Swatch Faces Party was one of the highest anticipated events of the Biennale d'Arte Contemporanea's opening days.

For the occasione, Swatch revealed the three new Art Special models designed by José Carlos Casado (resident artist of The Swatch Art Peace Hotel in Shanghai) and Goto Design, the New York-based duo that collaborated with curator Massimo Gioni on the graphic design for the 55th Venice Biennale.

Joining Swatch creative director Carlo Giordanetti among the brightly-colored, watch-shaped masks worn at the event and a performance by singer Mika (special guest of the night with DJ Ed McFarlane), were Agatha Ruiz De La Prada, Eva Riccobono, Caroline Corbetta, Victoria Cabello and Stefano Guindani.

Mika, Eva Riccobono and Carlo Giordanetti

8906970551_37f8fa0bf1_o.jpg

Mika and Yasmine Penniman

8907592128_f209380436_o.jpg

Lucilla Bonaccorsi and Mika

8907592304_9f579ddc50_o.jpg