Eurovision 2014

LeiRe

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is Finland's entry, band's name is Softengine and I must say I really like the song (I listen to a lot of indie/alternative rock). We have this contest in Finland called UMK (Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu=the contest of new music) where we can vote for our favourite and then the winner goes to ESC. And I'm really glad that Softengine won (althought I don't know if the have any chance to success in Copenhagen). I like their style in general too (and the singer is very cute:naughty:)

[YOUTUBE]0PhtJmwzAxA[/YOUTUBE]

@Tuittu

I liked Mikko Pohjola with "Sängyn Reunalla" in UMK :original: But Softengine is probably the better choice for Copenhagen.

Here are the other chosen entries so far:

l30HPHvpxso

Albania: Hersi Matmuja - Zemërimi i një nate

42k8HEn3DcE

Iceland: Pollapönk - Enga fordóma

UJEc_71EEeo

Latvia: Aarzemnieki – Cake to bake

dRQjUY3cf48

Ukraine: Maria Yaremchuk – Tick Tock

7RzDmKLCW-Y

Hungary: András Kallay-Saunders – Running

iqP65vGsmk0

Malta: Firelight – Coming home

ak73KTgy9nE

Macedonia: Tijana Dapčević - To the sky

DwTAaF1rFNg

Switzerland: Sebalter – Hunter of Stars

8WBxIWsP9oM

Belarus: TEO – Cheesecake

1tL5d4OHl9w

Italia: Emma Marrone – La mia città

_AjscYmTxSc

Poland: Donatan & Cleo – My Słowianie

Edited by DerMoment1608

@Tuittu

I liked Mikko Pohjola with "Sängyn Reunalla" in UMK :original: But Softengine is probably the better choice for Copenhagen.

I was too much into Softengine so I kind of chose to not like anything else. To me "sängyn reunalla" was a bit too slow. But it reminds me of another Finnish singer called Pistepiste that I actually like:thumb_yello:.

I have no other favourites so far, Cheesecake song from Belarus was kinda scary:blink:

Good grief! Is it that time of year already? :naughty:

YESYESYES!!! It's Eurovision time!!!

:woot_jump:

@Tuittu

Here are the other chosen entries so far:

l30HPHvpxso

Albania: Hersi Matmuja - Zemërimi i një nate

42k8HEn3DcE

Iceland: Pollapönk - Enga fordóma

UJEc_71EEeo

Latvia: Aarzemnieki – Cake to bake

dRQjUY3cf48

Ukraine: Maria Yaremchuk – Tick Tock

4b2GYRRbv50

Hungary: András Kallay-Saunders – Running (Live from National Final: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1d2rmh_kallay-saunder-andras-running-live-a-dal-2014-winner-hq_tv)

iqP65vGsmk0

Malta: Firelight – Coming home

ak73KTgy9nE

Macedonia: Tijana Dapčević - To the sky

DwTAaF1rFNg

Switzerland: Sebalter – Hunter of Stars

8WBxIWsP9oM

Belarus: TEO – Cheesecake

1tL5d4OHl9w

Italia: Emma Marrone – La mia città

_AjscYmTxSc

Poland: Donatan & Cleo – My Słowianie

my god, polish song (from my counrty) is soooo strange! Song with boobies only, the same lyrics all the time. I'm ashamed of it!

I apologise for my country :(

my god, polish song (from my counrty) is soooo strange! Song with boobies only, the same lyrics all the time. I'm ashamed of it!

I apologise for my country :(

No need to apologise - I actually quite liked the sound of this one (though I've no idea what it is about).

So far I think the Hungarian entry is the best of the ballads.

And I liked the Ukraine and Italian entries - until they got to the choruses :teehee:

No need to apologise - I actually quite liked the sound of this one (though I've no idea what it is about).

So far I think the Hungarian entry is the best of the ballads.

And I liked the Ukraine and Italian entries - until they got to the choruses :teehee:

behind the wods it's about boobies and bodies :( a bit rude :D

Lots of :wub2::wub2::wub2: for this thread! :)

I must say I really like the Finnish ans Latvian entry. Looks like it is gonna be a cool year!

MFC_Hasi & me will be at the German national selection in Cologne on March, 13th. Can't wait! :biggirl:

The BBC announce ours tonight.

@BBCRedButton

Countdown has begun for @bbceurovision! Are you ready for the UK Launch with @scott_mills 7.30pm tonight #Eurovision pic.twitter.com/PDcgxAPktp

@bbceurovision

Just a little more detail about tonight, the show will be on loop on Red Button until 9pm and iPlayer from 8pm onwards...

@bbceurovision

And outside the UK you can watch it with our friends at eurovision.tv

What we already know is that it will be an unknown singer this year, taken from BBC Introducing, which is the BBCs new artist collective. They have decided that using well known singers wasn't working, and they want to write a song that will be more Euro friendly, not using the format that we have used for the last 20 odd years.

behind the wods it's about boobies and bodies :( a bit rude :D

I have to admit that I like it although I should hate it :aah: A question: Is the song meant serious or is it more like a parody?

MFC_Hasi & me will be at the German national selection in Cologne on March, 13th. Can't wait! :biggirl:

Should be interesting to see it live :thumb_yello: And you both have to bring luck to the right entry :teehee:

The UK entry is called Children Of The Universe, by a singer called Molly.

I don't like these artificial "we all together can make the world better" songs. But she has an interesting voice and seems to have some personality. It's for sure better than the dated stuff the UK has send in the last 5 years.

-wFUPCkmlOo

The other chosen entries of the weekend:

ucdaR2LKRlY

Estonia: Tanja – Amazing

zAoAS4-942A

Lithuania: Vilija Matačiūnaitė - Attention

YZiF9WDXkRM

Ireland: Can-linn Featuring Kasey Smith – Heartbeat

Yvbv9LOAOu0

Romania Paula Seling & Ovi – Miracle

u9oD90or8zo

France: Twin Twin – Moustache

I have to admit that I like it although I should hate it :aah: A question: Is the song meant serious or is it more like a parody?

I translated it. It's something like that:

Cleo ! Donatan ! Chorus: We, the Slavs , we know how ours works for us , We like to move what mother gave through genes . This is the hot blood , this is our Slavic call! We Slavic girls, we know how to use body language We know how to move what mom gave through genes . This is the Slavic blood, this is the beauty and grace !

1. We have what no one else has. We appreciate this natural shape. Vodka is better than whiskey and gins . The best from us , whatever you want .

We were raised on a home- cream , Delicate , like bread browned . There are no one better than our Slavian girls, Anyone who has seen and tried knows it!

Chorus: We, the Slavs , we know how ours works for us , We like to move what mother gave through genes . This is the hot blood , this is our Slavic call! We Slavic girls, we know how to use body language We know how to move what mom gave through genes . This is the Slavic blood, this is the beauty and grace !

What is ours is the best , because it's ours! What is ours is the best , because it's ours, you know? What is ours is the best , because it's ours! What is ours is the best , because it's ours, you know?

2. In the genes we have what no one else has. They come to us from many sides of the world . Here's a good vodka and good girls , Search here for perfect wifes.

And our ladies do not have complexes , Because they have no reason to have them . And in the clip there are no insinuations, If you don't believe it, go to the country !

ref: We, the Slavs , we know how ours works for us , We like to move what mother gave through genes . This is the hot blood , this is our Slavic call! We Slavic girls, we know how to use body language We know how to move what mom gave through genes . This is the Slavic blood, this is the beauty and grace !

We know how! Mmm, we know how , ooo ! Haha, oh , we know how !

Words of this song are funny for me ( in bad way). It's like poland don't have anything than boobies and half-naked women's body... it's sad :( in interviews cleo ( singer) doesn't have anything wise to say :D

I translated it. It's something like that:

[...]

Words of this song are funny for me ( in bad way). It's like poland don't have anything than boobies and half-naked women's body... it's sad :( in interviews cleo ( singer) doesn't have anything wise to say :D

Thank you very much :original: And I'm sure nobody will think that Poland has nothing else :thumb_yello:

Thank you very much :original: And I'm sure nobody will think that Poland has nothing else :thumb_yello:

it's sad that I think that about my country :( but it's true:D we have so many beautiful songs and they choose this one :D

Some new songs:

SEUd1tyNw6Q

Sweden: Sanna Nielsen – Undo

Xym7CQFFTOU

Montenegro: Sergej Ćetković – Moj svijet

ESpRyn-B4bQ

Israel: Mei Feingold – Same Heart

rPuVkHMhYLI

Slovenia: Tinkara Kovač - Spet (Round and round)

KRHKkYrXSjM

Denmark: Basim – Cliché Love Song

Edited by DerMoment1608

This is the German entry:

j4jRCm31E0g

If it gets blocked: http://www.eurovision.de/videos/videoindex101_archiveID-videoarchiv173_videoID-elaiza235.html

I'm quite happy. Maybe it's not the best song on earth, but the other song that made into into the last round was just horrible (in my opinion) and the singer only went so far because he had a big fan base (and everyone expected him to win 100%). "Is it right" is at least catchy, even if a little bit repetitive, and the girls are very sympathetic and refreshing, and they don't use the "standard instruments". I don't expect a high position, but who cares, it's more important to be able to stand behind your song :original:

My personal favorite was MarieMarie: http://www.eurovision.de/videos/videoindex101_archiveID-videoarchiv173_page-1_videoID-mariemarie153.html I was really happy that she made it into the second round, nobody expected that beforehand.

Edited by DerMoment1608

Yesterday we heard the song for the first time, sung by Ilse de Lange and Waylon. Think it's a boring song. Ilse is a great singer/songwriter. She wrote beautiful songs, but this one is not her best.

And Waylon has a great voice, a bit raw, but that's not heard in this song.

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2014/03/12/kijken-hiermee-gaan-ilse-delange-en-waylon-naar-het-songfestival/

not sure if you can see this abroad.

I heard our song this morning.

:sneaky2:

It's like: heard 500.000 times before, it's a ballad, it's like a James Bond movie song.

I am convinced, we won't make it into the competition, as we will fail in the semi final...

The interpret is Conchita Wurst, who is born as a man, but lives as a woman, but he/she has a full beard...

Not sure if this the right place to post this... :teehee:

...but here's a song by one of the former contestants - Maja Keuc (you may remember her from Eurovision 2011). Sadly, she isn't representing Slovenia this year, but I'm kind of addicted to the tune so I thought I had to share it. :blush-anim-cl: