Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

i agree, for me it's all quite simple... :blink: step by step ...I continue not to see any problems in doing that kind television: XFItaly and TheVoice France are decent shows, they are not rubbish, they have a dignity.

Nowadays doings many different things is almost a rule for an artist (for many reasons, not only to have money to but a new house or a new car)... and for Mika is simply the same...he is not a strange creature from another world.... :naughty:

I do not know, maybe I have a different point of view because I did the reverse path: from the "Mika of today", I went back up to his early works. Well, it's hard for me to recognize him as he was in the past. Now I see him so differently, he is an adult, those things were his beginnings, the young and rebellious boy who made dance all over the world does not exist any more ... Mika's huge international success is strongly linked to his early work but past do not return back...years after years things have changed ... and the public has not accepted so well the "adult Mika" mainly because they did not know who he really was....that remains the real problem for me :aah:

IMO, it is good and wise for him to change strategy in some ways, to search for new audience, to find ways to make himself known, to have the courage to restart his career in different ways and from different places. To risk everything again. To continue to fight.

He has all my respect for this. :thumb_yello:

We will see his choices with the new album. That will be the point, obviously. :mf_rosetinted:

I could not have said it better:thumb_yello:

No, I haven't heard any criticism of Pharrell for taking the job. I'm not sure how the rest of my fellow Yankees see it, but I don't sense any negative backlash for singers taking these jobs. I think fans actually like it, because you can see the singers you like on a weekly basis and get to know them as a personalty better. That's just my opinion. I stopped watching Idol years ago, and I know it's really not doing well anymore, but The Voice is very popular now. Personally, I don't think there's stigma in the US for taking these jobs.

We had a reverse situation when they announced who would be the judges for the new season of La Voix. One of the new judges is coming from the independant/underground scene and many fans of the SHOW couldn't see why he was chosen. When the show started, it was obvious why and he probably made a lot ofnew fans. I also know some of his fans watched the show JUST because of him...

No one should do the same things over and over.

i agree, for me it's all quite simple... :blink: step by step ...I continue not to see any problems in doing that kind television: XFItaly and TheVoice France are decent shows, they are not rubbish, they have a dignity.

Nowadays doings many different things is almost a rule for an artist (for many reasons, not only to have money to buy a new house or a new car)... and for Mika is simply the same...he is not a strange creature from another world.... :naughty:

I do not know, maybe I have a different point of view because I did the reverse path: from the "Mika of today", I went back up to his early works. Well, it's hard for me to recognize him as he was in the past. Now I see him so differently, he is an adult, those things were his beginnings, the young and rebellious boy who made dance all over the world does not exist any more ... Mika's huge international success is strongly linked to his early work but past do not return back...years after years things have changed ... and the public has not accepted so well the "adult Mika" mainly because they did not know who he really was....that remains the real problem for me :aah:

IMO, it is good and wise for him to change strategy in some ways, to search for new audience, to find ways to make himself known, to have the courage to restart his career in different ways and from different places. To risk everything again. To continue to fight.

We will see his choices with the new album. That will be the point, obviously. :mf_rosetinted:

Those are very wise words, Marta!

No, I haven't heard any criticism of Pharrell for taking the job. I'm not sure how the rest of my fellow Yankees see it, but I don't sense any negative backlash for singers taking these jobs. I think fans actually like it, because you can see the singers you like on a weekly basis and get to know them as a personalty better. That's just my opinion. I stopped watching Idol years ago, and I know it's really not doing well anymore, but The Voice is very popular now. Personally, I don't think there's stigma in the US for taking these jobs.

Like here, I'm sure you will find a percentage of fans that don't like these shows, and aren't keen on the artist they like being on it.

Even if Mika was ultra popular all over the world, I would still be disappointed if he did these shows, as I think he is too talented to be on them.

We had a reverse situation when they announced who would be the judges for the new season of La Voix. One of the new judges is coming from the independant/underground scene and many fans of the SHOW couldn't see why he was chosen. When the show started, it was obvious why and he probably made a lot ofnew fans. I also know some of his fans watched the show JUST because of him...

It hasn't done Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, and Elton John etc any harm, making a career out of being a musician for their entire lives.

I don't think you can compare the careers of musicians who began making music in the 60s and 70s to one who came to fame in the 2000s. It's a whole different world now.

Well I didn't become a fan of his to stare at his face either :wink2: I think most long time fans are here for music. But I think that instead of just showing his pretty face on television he is making a good impression many other ways as well and it's good that people learn to know him.

I think of myself as a longtime fan, even though I've not been ardent in the pursuit of all things Mika all this time. I can't watch the show, so I'm definitely not looking at his "pretty face" when it comes to it, but I know that a lot of people I knew at one time thought he was a pretty boy and sort of a freak, based on his clothing (which I loved, being quirky myself) and that he was usually singing about gay relationships (!!!). He's always been a bit of an acquired taste among the people I know in my age bracket, which is why I've tended to befriend people who are open to various musicians and types of people.

i agree, for me it's all quite simple... :blink: step by step ...I continue not to see any problems in doing that kind of television: XFItaly and TheVoice France are decent shows, they are not rubbish, they have a dignity.

Nowadays doings many different things is almost a rule for an artist (for many reasons, not only to have money to buy a new house or a new car)... and for Mika is simply the same...he is not a strange creature from another world.... :naughty:

These shows are primarily NOT a vehicle for an established artist to bump their careers, they ARE supposed to be for the contestants on the show to get noticed and get on the music business.

My main reason for not liking them is that they don't give enough scope for real up and coming artists who actually go out every week playing gigs wherever they can, and are passionate about their music, and take real pride in wanting to be a musician, and take it seriously, writing their own songs etc.

In the case of X Factor, from things I have seen and read, they are looking for someone they can mould into what they perceive the public want, NOT letting someone who loves music and wants to put their own stamp on what they want to do.

I think in the case of The Voice that they do seem to have people who are trying to make it in the music industry, this is something I do like about it. But in both shows, it seems to have become more about the judges/coaches (which for any talent show is NOT the aim of the exercise), which seem to be working great for Mika in the countries they are shown in, but outside of them is working against him because no one outside of here, aware he exists anymore.

Also can I just mention something I heard at a comedy gig I went to a while back, when the comic asked where people in the audience were from, and someone said a place that was a good few hours travelling time away from where we were. The comic said "you do know what a tour is don't you? We come to you, not the other way round"

Something Mika could take on board once he has finished this tv thing.

I don't think you can compare the careers of musicians who began making music in the 60s and 70s to one who came to fame in the 2000s. It's a whole different world now.

Yet artists like Ed Sheeran and Paolo Nutini seem to manage it with ease.

No one is accusing him of being a strange creature from another world. I became a fan of Mika because he wasn't like everyone else. He was better. A better songwriter, a better singer, a better performer. One who refused to compromise his work for a better chance at commercial success. It shouldn't bring anyone comfort that he is acting like all the other mercenaries and whores in the music industry. :aah:

Well, it's hard for me to recognize him as he was in the past.

You and me both.

to have the courage to restart his career in different ways and from different places. To risk everything again.

There is nothing courageous and risky about taking a guaranteed paycheque from a TV show. When you fall off your bicycle the courageous thing to do is to get back on again. Not start taking the bus. :naughty:

So why is he doing a third TV show?

Bump! :lmfao:

This is supposed to be the thread for scans and translations :teehee:

You're absolutely right, Anne. Sorry to stray so far off topic.

And I will always love him and his gorgeous voice and songs :wub2:

Well, I feel the same. That's why I'm so saddened by the fact that he's not doing much singing these days. :dunno:

But I find myself and the rest of us, actually, saying the same things over and over again, so I'll stop, and try to stay on topic :thumb_yello:

It hasn't done Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, David Bowie, and Elton John etc any harm, making a career out of being a musician for their entire lives.

Let me add Peter Gabriel

Bump! :lmfao:

This is supposed to be the thread for scans and translations :teehee: so just in case you're interested in this I'm posting it again :naughty:

I'm interested, of course! Thank You for the translations, I'm very grateful to you and to all the other members giving me the chance to share a lot of press releases I wouldn't be able to understand :huglove:

The discussion about the TV shows will last until a new album is released or a proper tour is announced and pops up in every single thread. My modest proposal is to change all the thread titles into "TV shows: pro and contra" at least until the next X Factor season is over.:naughty:

Pharrel Williams will be a judge? I don't follow castings in other countries unless I happen to read news about it so I wasn't aware. He is super popular, I can't imagine him doing it for money. Do people judge him for taking a job like that?

Florent has a lot of very active fans, I've met them. It's same in Finland. Many judges are singers with a good, long career and still doing well. I think it's still different here though, the markets are so small they all do also other projects than singing and need to promote every album well.

I guess that's why I'm used to see that singers do different projects. My favorite local singer does small television projects (not talent shows but actually really good quality ones), writes and does a lot of little collaborations with other artists. Before his latest album (which was a big success and got a lot of radio play) he clearly told how much he wants to concentrate on music/be a singer/perform but that he can do only that many concerts as he is asked and that after paying all costs touring doesn't give him much living at all.

And it's probably same for Mika. Some projects, like television shows, corporate gigs and commercial projects earn him more money and that way he is able to take other, more interesting but not so productive projects and now it looks he needs to finance his new album promoting as well :dunno: As long as he does his work well and lets people see he is a professional, thoughtful and an honest judge he gives a good image. He is charming and fresh in his role, it looks to me people are impressed.

:blink: MIKA will prove he still exists - when his new alb. is out, and probably promoted properly! After all it's still only 1,5 year since TOOL was out. The huge failure then is that almost no country got to know about it !!! :shocked: As far as I can see, the difference between TBWKTM, TOOL and this upcoming alb.is that MIKA now has done tons of other things, after his last alb. and got a lots of attention!! :wub2: If he's forgotten, this happened before the TV shows, and not after, imo ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

i agree, for me it's all quite simple... :blink: step by step ...I continue not to see any problems in doing that kind of television: XFItaly and TheVoice France are decent shows, they are not rubbish, they have a dignity.

I totally agree with all of you.

Great translation job Anne!

:teehee:

Thank you for the translation :huglove:

You're very welcome girls :huglove:

I enjoyed the fact that the questions were not the usual ones :teehee: and Mika liked that too :thumb_yello:

That's the first time in my life I bought Vogue and I had a hard time finding Mika's interview among all the fashion pages but I knew it had to be there and it was worth looking for :blush-anim-cl:

I miss my Wonkita who used to fool around with me when discussions got too serious :mikasweat:

You're very welcome girls :huglove:

I enjoyed the fact that the questions were not the usual ones :teehee: and Mika liked that too :thumb_yello:

That's the first time in my life I bought Vogue and I had a hard time finding Mika's interview among all the fashion pages but I knew it had to be there and it was worth looking for :blush-anim-cl:

I miss my Wonkita who used to fool around with me when discussions got too serious :mikasweat:

i'll take a serious conversation anyday over discussing his physical attributes :naughty:

Nothing wrong with discussing Mika and his career. It would get pretty boring if we were all :swoon::fangurl::pinkbow: and :mikalove: over anything and everything he does. It's important to have your feet firmly grounded on reality from time to time and face facts and reality, even if it's not what we'd like.

To be honest, if this place was all rainbows & butterflies, flowers and cute puppies... i'd be out of here in an instant. It's going to be a veryyyyyyyyyyy long drought.

The only reason why we bother discussing everything and anything is because we all care. We just don't see things the same way :rolls_eyes:

C

i'll take a serious conversation anyday over discussing his physical attributes :naughty:

Nothing wrong with discussing Mika and his career. It would get pretty boring if we were all :swoon::fangurl::pinkbow: and :mikalove: over anything and everything he does. It's important to have your feet firmly grounded on reality from time to time and face facts and reality, even if it's not what we'd like.

To be honest, if this place was all rainbows & butterflies, flowers and cute puppies... i'd be out of here in an instant. It's going to be a veryyyyyyyyyyy long drought.

The only reason why we bother discussing everything and anything is because we all care. We just don't see things the same way :rolls_eyes:

Of course and I love the fact that MFC is a democracy, always and always will be :thumb_yello::wub2:

But I did get this distracting pic for my birthday :mikadas: and I've been seing rainbows and flowers and baby Melachis ever since :naughty:

http://gyazo.com/9e658c8579fa492dad9254963e4585f9

But hell yeah, I'm gonna miss Mika lots :tears:

You're lucky to be canadian Guy , the only gig planned for now is Montreal ...

Edited by crazyaboutmika

C

Of course and I love the fact that MFC is a democracy, always and always will be :thumb_yello::wub2:

But I did get this distracting pic for my birthday :mikadas: and I've been seing rainbows and flowers and baby Melachis ever since :naughty:

But hell yeah, I'm gonna miss Mika lots :tears:

You're lucky to be canadian Guy , the only gig planned for now is Montreal ...

yes, AND it's about music :swoon:

Yes, it should be one of the most wonderful Mika concert ever :thumb_yello:

it will be a different kind of concert, that's for sure... one that will hopefully showcase his voice :wub2:

i'd love to be a fly on the wall during the rehearsals :teehee:

Yes, let's raise awareness towards the really serious issues please :naughty:

C

:lmfao: OMG that's awesome (and now I'm picturing baby Melachis thanks to you :naughty:)

it will be a different kind of concert, that's for sure... one that will hopefully showcase his voice :wub2:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall during the concert!! :tears:

I might get lost towards that area:naughty: