MIKA @ Star Academy France on NRJ12 - 24 January 2013

krysady

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was there yesterday. As the weather was very cold, we were able to enter earlier. We waited in a corridor, behind the tiers, and we could here Mika's rehearsals :wub2: Mika sang 6 or 7 times "Underwater" with Daniel from Star Academy :teehee: We heard too the medley (Relax, Rain and Elle me dit).

During the show, Mika didn't feel comfortable and just before to sing "Underwater", he was on stage with Daniel while a video about Star Academy was broadcasted, he was really really stressed. I felt bad for him :sad:

Here are my pics :wink2:

DSC00231_zps063f9819.jpg

DSC00230_zps3f76698e.jpg

DSC00229_zpsad1a7df9.jpg

DSC00228_zps7749989e.jpg

During the show, Mika didn't feel comfortable and just before to sing "Underwater", he was on stage with Daniel while a video about Star Academy was broadcasted, he was really really stressed. I felt bad for him :sad:

Thanks for your report and pics! :thumb_yello: It was obvious he was upset,now I know why.

With Minnie and 2 friends, we was at the tv show last nigt

We saw Mika when he arrived on the studio but we didn't talk with him, he seemed to be late ... but it's Mika :aah:

We could hear the rehearsals of underwater from 6:30 PM at 7:15 PM, I think he repeated 6 or 7 times the song :fisch:

After this, we arrived in front of the scene (we couldn't have our cellphone so no pics of the show ... )

I guess you saw the disaster on the medley (Relax, Rain and Elle me dit), the level of the "student" on the songs wasn't very good :mf_rosetinted:

Before Mika sings Underwater he arrived on the scene and waited 2 or 3 minutes, and he seemed a little elsewhere and I didn't feel him to be at ease ( I don't if it's in good english :mf_rosetinted:), it was weird ...

After Underwater, we left with difficulties (the security didn't want it :sneaky2:) and we saw Mika when he left the studio

It was very cold so I just have 2 pics here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.594741227219399.151805.100000505814470&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.594741227219399.151805.100000505814470&type=3

We could talk a little with him, as always he was adorable, he asked us if we were cold ... no no Mika it didn't make a siberian cold :doh:

So it was a short but a good day with Mika and my friends :wub2:

I was there yesterday. As the weather was very cold, we were able to enter earlier. We waited in a corridor, behind the tiers, and we could here Mika's rehearsals :wub2: Mika sang 6 or 7 times "Underwater" with Daniel from Star Academy :teehee: We heard too the medley (Relax, Rain and Elle me dit).

Here are my pics :wink2:

DSC00231_zps063f9819.jpg

DSC00230_zps3f76698e.jpg

DSC00229_zpsad1a7df9.jpg

DSC00228_zps7749989e.jpg

Oh Stéphanie your pics are lovely as always, thanks for sharing you don't know how lucky you are :wub2:

Thanks a lot for the UW video!

Mika is always Mika, but anyway I felt a bit strained while watching.

I understand, it is his job, and he should do it, it makes him more popular, and so on and so on, but I hate when such a private, so to say, song is spoiled buy someone who doesn't care at all, with the voice that don't match this song, it's like someone stepped on it with a dirty boot.

Maybe I'm too affected today, but it's like casting pearls before swines, sorry.

I understand Stardust with that Ciara, in spite being criticized, she sang sincerely. But this one program made me sick.

This was very different than his duetto with Ciara in Italy... She has a strong accent but she can sing very well and she was very sweet and genuine! I really enjoyed his stardust performance with her. But these competitors can't all be winners i guess :aah:

This was very different than his duetto with Ciara in Italy... She has a strong accent but she can sing very well and she was very sweet and genuine! I really enjoyed his stardust performance with her. But these competitors can't all be winners i guess :aah:

It's not about winning. I just wish he would never sing again such a song like UW at such an events :sneaky2: Let him sing at least Celebrate :aah:

Oh my, the medley is bad :aah: It seems true what Mika has said at XFactor Italy: "People sing my songs and sound like sh it ". Only good thing is the background track. And the one female singer with the deep voice is quite okay in "Rain".

But I love Mika's parts in "Underwater" and like his performance here more than other TV-appearances with "Underwater". But I don't like the other guy. He is so artificial with his facial expressions and gestures, and with his voice, too. No real emotions. I don't like artists like him. I believe Mika that he means what he sings, I believed Chiara when she sung "Stardust" - but I don't believe this guy.

Also I don't see much chemistry. They are standing next to each other and everybody is singing the song for himself. Mika and Chiara sung the song together.

I don't think that he shouldn't sing "Underwater" at such shows - but only with "fitting" people.

It's not about winning. I just wish he would never sing again such a song like UW at such an events :sneaky2: Let him sing at least Celebrate :aah:

Of course it's not about winning, lol. I just tried to find a polite expression to say that the fact is that some people singing at events like this are not good enough singers/performers to sing demanding songs. In Italy they made Stardust work very well, but this one was different :aah: And I agree, UW is a very special song, he should sing it alone and let no one ruin it.

Of course it's not about winning, lol. I just tried to find a polite expression to say that the fact is that some people singing at events like this are not good enough singers/performers to sing demanding songs. In Italy they made Stardust work very well, but this one was different :aah: And I agree, UW is a very special song, he should sing it alone and let no one ruin it.

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Has this video been posted ???

BACKSTAGE : Mika et Daniel - coulisse des répétitions avec Stefan Filey - StarAc 25/01/2013-

[YOUTUBE]gfHeDd8OA6g[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you so much, this is lovely. His voice sounds so beautiful in this bit :wub2:

BACKSTAGE : Mika et Daniel - coulisse des répétitions avec Stefan Filey - StarAc 25/01/2013-

It's always interesting watching him work with others.

I thought Daniel was pretty good. I understand what someone was saying about them not singing together like Mika did with Chiara, but he has a pretty decent voice.

Oh Eriko a lot of thanks to you! I adore to hear Mika singing like this, on rehearsals - he sounds and sings so easily, like flying :wub2::wub2::wub2: