8 weeks! Have you got everything prepared (i.e. nursery, hospital bag etc)? I hope you're not getting too tired :hug:

The nursery is ready to go, except I need to make the cot up (but seeing as I'm using a bassinet first, it's a bit pointless to do it now). I'm in the process of packing my and bubs bags. I went and bought a stack of stuff to take to hospital with me but I still need a fair bit of stuff. Waiting to see what stuff I might need for the hospital.

I'm starting to get a bit tired. I was ready for a sleep yesterday afternoon and all I did was go see the grandparents, get some stuff from the chemist and have lunch with Mum. :teehee:

How's things going with you?

The nursery is ready to go, except I need to make the cot up (but seeing as I'm using a bassinet first, it's a bit pointless to do it now). I'm in the process of packing my and bubs bags. I went and bought a stack of stuff to take to hospital with me but I still need a fair bit of stuff. Waiting to see what stuff I might need for the hospital.

I'm starting to get a bit tired. I was ready for a sleep yesterday afternoon and all I did was go see the grandparents, get some stuff from the chemist and have lunch with Mum. :teehee:

How's things going with you?

I'm just getting over yet another eye operation, hopefully that should be it now.

Busy trying to sort out things for the London meet-up.

it's been very hot here but now things have cooled down I feel very sleepy too :naughty: You just don't get to sleep properly when the nights are hot, so I am feeling the cumulative effects

I'm just getting over yet another eye operation, hopefully that should be it now.

Busy trying to sort out things for the London meet-up.

it's been very hot here but now things have cooled down I feel very sleepy too :naughty: You just don't get to sleep properly when the nights are hot, so I am feeling the cumulative effects

Oh good, hopefully that's it. And yay for London :thumb_yello: Would love to come along and meet everyone I haven't already met :naughty:

I know what it's like having trouble sleeping with the heat. I find getting a spray bottle of water and spraying myself and having the window open seems to cool me off a bit.

Anyways, I had to come on here and have a bitch. Derek's grandmother (who lives in another state) passed away and the sh!t's hit the fan cause two of his brothers have had a hissy fit cause their parents didn't call them personally to say what has happened (to be fair, we only got a message). Anyways, Derek mentioned something on FB about his brothers not calling their parents at any other time and one of his brothers and the wife of the other brother had a go at Derek. I then copped it from the wife. So yeah. Apparently two grown men over the age of 40 can't possibly call their parents at all. Derek was apologising to me because of it, but he doesn't have to because he can't control what his family do. :sneaky2::badmood:

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

Edited by nico_collard

Anyways, I had to come on here and have a bitch. Derek's grandmother (who lives in another state) passed away and the sh!t's hit the fan cause two of his brothers have had a hissy fit cause their parents didn't call them personally to say what has happened (to be fair, we only got a message). Anyways, Derek mentioned something on FB about his brothers not calling their parents at any other time and one of his brothers and the wife of the other brother had a go at Derek. I then copped it from the wife. So yeah. Apparently two grown men over the age of 40 can't possibly call their parents at all. Derek was apologising to me because of it, but he doesn't have to because he can't control what his family do. :sneaky2::badmood:

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

Unbelievable. Did either of them display any concern for their grandfather?

Unbelievable. Did either of them display any concern for their grandfather?

He's been gone for quite a while, so no issues there. I think he died fairly young. But yeah, unbelievable.

Derek's heading off to Queensland tomorrow afternoon after work, so I get to go to the first antenatal class on my own, plus a growth scan which is on Friday.

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case you pop in sometime soon, all is good here. Bub's head is now engaged and appears to be just as active as normal :teehee:

Derek's birthday is today as well, though he's been feeling a bit under the weather (ie, hungover) as he had some friends from work over last night. We've got dinner for our nephew's girlfriend's 21st tonight, afternoon tea for my cousin's younger daughter's b'day and dinner for Derek's b'day dinner tomorrow. Luckily neither of us have to do anything tomorrow and Monday :biggrin2:

Just in case you pop in sometime soon, all is good here. Bub's head is now engaged and appears to be just as active as normal :teehee:

Derek's birthday is today as well, though he's been feeling a bit under the weather (ie, hungover) as he had some friends from work over last night. We've got dinner for our nephew's girlfriend's 21st tonight, afternoon tea for my cousin's younger daughter's b'day and dinner for Derek's b'day dinner tomorrow. Luckily neither of us have to do anything tomorrow and Monday :biggrin2:

I am around, but having trouble with my computer atm :sneaky2:

Glad to hear all is going well :hug:

Try not to eat too much :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...
I am around, but having trouble with my computer atm :sneaky2:

Glad to hear all is going well :hug:

Try not to eat too much :naughty:

Stupid computers :sneaky2:

I tried not to eat too much, but I ended up taking some of my food home from Derek's birthday dinner (he took his free birthday mud cake home too, so we shared dessert at home :teehee:).

I finally had the baby shower on the weekend (ft. Derek's mum being the only person from that side of the family actually coming), and got a stack of stuff for bub. I managed to get at least 6 towels. I think I'm pretty much ready to go now. Ooooh, I'll have to take some pictures and show you how it all looks.

Yeah, nothing massively interesting happening here. :teehee:

Stupid computers :sneaky2:

I tried not to eat too much, but I ended up taking some of my food home from Derek's birthday dinner (he took his free birthday mud cake home too, so we shared dessert at home :teehee:).

I finally had the baby shower on the weekend (ft. Derek's mum being the only person from that side of the family actually coming), and got a stack of stuff for bub. I managed to get at least 6 towels. I think I'm pretty much ready to go now. Ooooh, I'll have to take some pictures and show you how it all looks.

Yeah, nothing massively interesting happening here. :teehee:

Not really that long to go now, is there? I hope you are getting plenty of rest, because you won't when the baby is here :no:

This is really your last chance to pamper yourself a bit :naughty:

Not really that long to go now, is there? I hope you are getting plenty of rest, because you won't when the baby is here :no:

This is really your last chance to pamper yourself a bit :naughty:

Not at all! Only 3 weeks to go :aah::shocked:I am getting plenty of rest, though I'm sure Derek thinks I do nothing all day :teehee: Actually, I should go and have a shower soon, it's 10am and all I've done is go on FB and eat breakfast :teehee:

I've been thinking of getting a facial and pedicure sometime soon. Mum got a facial yesterday so that's what made me think of it.

Not at all! Only 3 weeks to go :aah::shocked:I am getting plenty of rest, though I'm sure Derek thinks I do nothing all day :teehee: Actually, I should go and have a shower soon, it's 10am and all I've done is go on FB and eat breakfast :teehee:

I've been thinking of getting a facial and pedicure sometime soon. Mum got a facial yesterday so that's what made me think of it.

A facial and a pedicure would be good - like I said, you need to pamper yourself now while you've still got the chance.

Though I could have sworn your baby was due in October :blink:

A facial and a pedicure would be good - like I said, you need to pamper yourself now while you've still got the chance.

Though I could have sworn your baby was due in October :blink:

I best get that organised then. Not long to go!

Bub is due in October, though the doctors were saying that they're going to induce me between the 19th and 26th of this month cause they don't want me going into labour while I still have blood thinners in my system.

I best get that organised then. Not long to go!

Bub is due in October, though the doctors were saying that they're going to induce me between the 19th and 26th of this month cause they don't want me going into labour while I still have blood thinners in my system.

An understandable precaution (though babies tend to have their own idea about when they want to arrive) :naughty:. I was three weeks early myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I am still around... Been busy as my hubby David (one who saw Mika with me) and I are finally getting married next year in Cairns woooohooo :cheer: We went to Sydney in May and my neurologist gave me the all clear to stay in Cairns for a few years and try and find a local neuro so we are getting married while I can.

Now hubby has informed me I have 40 weeks from tomorrow .. eeep!

Love from Ally xoxox

Hi Everyone,

I am still around... Been busy as my hubby David (one who saw Mika with me) and I are finally getting married next year in Cairns woooohooo :cheer: We went to Sydney in May and my neurologist gave me the all clear to stay in Cairns for a few years and try and find a local neuro so we are getting married while I can.

Love from Ally xoxox

Fantastic news, Ally :thumb_yello:

Did you know we have a wedding thread? You could keep us updated on your plans :naughty:

An understandable precaution (though babies tend to have their own idea about when they want to arrive) :naughty:. I was three weeks early myself.

Well from what I was reading, anywhere from about 38 weeks is pretty well full term. But yeah, they come when they're ready. Mum was convinced that bub would come between the 5th and the 19th of this month, but she's been proven wrong :teehee:

Any developments?

Things going to plan?

Seems to be going to plan. The doctors have told me that everything's happening from this Sunday. So I go in for a check on Sunday and if needs be, they put in some gel to get things started (likely 2 doses of the gel), which means I'll likely stay in hospital overnight. Then on Monday, they'll hopefully break my waters and everything will start from there.

So hopefully this time next week I'll have a little bub! :woot_jump:

Of course, if bub decides to make their appearance before then, there could be issues cause of the blood thinners. Also if there's a chance of seizures or I actually have a seizure, I might need to have a caesarian :thumbdown::huh: . It's all very interesting to see what happens.

Hi Everyone,

Love from Ally xoxox

Whoa, 40 weeks! Yay!

Waiting for news of Tegan :nervous:

*points up*

Edited by nico_collard

Seems to be going to plan. The doctors have told me that everything's happening from this Sunday. So I go in for a check on Sunday and if needs be, they put in some gel to get things started (likely 2 doses of the gel), which means I'll likely stay in hospital overnight. Then on Monday, they'll hopefully break my waters and everything will start from there.

So hopefully this time next week I'll have a little bub! :woot_jump:

Of course, if bub decides to make their appearance before then, there could be issues cause of the blood thinners. Also if there's a chance of seizures or I actually have a seizure, I might need to have a caesarian :thumbdown::huh: . It's all very interesting to see what happens.

I think "very interesting" is a bit of an understatement :naughty:

I think I'm even more nervous now :teehee:

I think "very interesting" is a bit of an understatement :naughty:

I think I'm even more nervous now :teehee:

Yeah, you could say that!

I'm not sure how I feel at the moment. I'm ready to meet the little person, but feeling a little nervous about the whole thing. No doubt I'll get even more nervous the closer I get.

Went up to the private hospital to see my grandmother this morning. She had a knee replacement Monday last week and wasn't too well afterwards. She was off with the fairies when I saw her but good thing is, she's doing a lot better now (and is pleased that the food in the private hospital is better than the public one). So yeah, all in all very exciting around here :teehee:

Went up to the private hospital to see my grandmother this morning. She had a knee replacement Monday last week and wasn't too well afterwards. She was off with the fairies when I saw her but good thing is, she's doing a lot better now (and is pleased that the food in the private hospital is better than the public one). So yeah, all in all very exciting around here :teehee:

Yeah, food is pretty awful in hospital. It's silly really, as good food helps you back to good health faster. When I had my appendix out, after not having eaten for 5 days, the first meal they offered me was fish and chips (and I'm a veggie).

Hope your grandmother gets over her op quickly, she must be looking forward to the increased mobility.

Yeah, food is pretty awful in hospital. It's silly really, as good food helps you back to good health faster. When I had my appendix out, after not having eaten for 5 days, the first meal they offered me was fish and chips (and I'm a veggie).

Hope your grandmother gets over her op quickly, she must be looking forward to the increased mobility.

:blink: Well that's a bit weird. Though I wouldn't mind some fish and chips right now. Actually, getting served fish and chips in a hospital is a bit weird as well (wish they'd serve that sort of stuff in hospital here). Even in the hospital in Sydney never had stuff like fish and chips, though the food was a lot better there than in Orange.

I think she is, though I'm not sure what's going to happen in the next week or two. My grandfather is wanting to go woolclassing and she needs to have someone with her when she goes home.

:blink: Well that's a bit weird. Though I wouldn't mind some fish and chips right now. Actually, getting served fish and chips in a hospital is a bit weird as well (wish they'd serve that sort of stuff in hospital here). Even in the hospital in Sydney never had stuff like fish and chips, though the food was a lot better there than in Orange.

I think she is, though I'm not sure what's going to happen in the next week or two. My grandfather is wanting to go woolclassing and she needs to have someone with her when she goes home.

Woolclassing? :blink:

Woolclassing? :blink:

Yeah, the shearers shear the sheep and the woolclasser checks the wool and gets the crap bits off so it's ready for selling.

Teegs - saw the pic on Facebook - congratulations :huglove:

Thought I'd share a recent pic:

10410536_10152293924981577_1486625875730016507_n.jpg?oh=e49da395ffaf05774f5cbd0d14d644a3&oe=54C034D5&__gda__=1421153200_d40b699a831cdde6ae4a892e96e532bd

Oh, and you know how we were talking about hospital food and fish and chips? They had fish and chips on the menu once while I was there and I ordered it (and I thought of you :teehee:)

Edited by nico_collard