Hi I am new to MFC

I have loved MIKA since I was like 7 �� but I never realised that he had such a lovely fan club that i am so happy I found �� this is a really nice idea and this fan base seems so nice I am so happy I found people who love MIKA too!!!

Hi and welcome to the MFC - glad you found us :thumb_yello:. It would be great if you started your own thread for MFCers to welcome you properly - you can tell us a little about yourself

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Hi I'm kinda new here and have to search my way trough this site!

I introduced myself some days ago in English. Do I need to introduce myself again on the Dutch thread? I know some foreign fans but also want to meet some Dutch ones ☺️

Hi I'm kinda new here and have to search my way trough this site!

I introduced myself some days ago in English. Do I need to introduce myself again on the Dutch thread? I know some foreign fans but also want to meet some Dutch ones ☺️

It might be a good idea to post something in the Dutch thread, as there are Dutch fans around but they may not have realised you are here on the MFC :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...

Hi there I'm Kat living in Alberta, Canada, I'm 38...aaaa! (moment please). I recently joined, still discovering Mika's sound and enjoying it. His music has reignited my interest in my sadly forsaken and forgotten old piano (I have a feeling the poor thing may be starting to forgive me for the years of neglect...but I'm not quite sure of that yet so I'll keep working on it).

Anyhow, I've put my intro in the intro thread, and I've had the pleasure of chatting with some lovely Mika fans in the Montreal thread over the last couple of weeks :). Yes, I've stuffed the feeling of financial comfort into a dark little crack in my floor and have sacrificed rent and food money for the next couple of months to buy a fancy-free trip to Montreal for a week in February 2015 to attend my first ever Mika show...shows lol...going to all 3. Might as well live it up eh?

Lyrically, my favourite song thus far is Sympathy...but I've only found it on youtube...I don't know where to buy it...anyone know which album it's from? Melodically, I'm drawn to the feel-good Step with me song and the We are Young song from Kick-Ass.

But my ultimate favourite song is By the Time, it's a double whammy, I adore the descriptive and clever lyrics and the melody just settles me down every time.

I don't know much about the man, MIKA, but his artistry has re-awakened this aging spirit and I'm so thankful for that.

I hope to get to know more people on here and meet a bunch of the long-time and short time fans from here in Montreal. And if anyone wants to go for a coffee or hot coco before the concerts I'd love that, otherwise I'll be left wondering the snowy, cold, streets of Montreal all by my lonesome while there :) lol ok no pressure just really looking forward to February.

Kat.

:welcomeani:

As you can see from my sig i have put myself forward to represent new members to MFC.

I ve done this as recently there has been some concerns expressed by new members that it can be quite hard to fit it here and make friends when you first join.

So after checking with the mods to see what they thought about the idea, i am here!

I have set this thread up primarily to be a place where new members can come to talk with other newbies and make friendships, its sorta the newbie home.

:roftl:

Its also a place that if you as a newbie have any questions or worries you can post them and i will help out as much as i can or if i cant i can pass you on to someone else who can.

Dont forget to start a thread introducing yourself in the introductions and goodbyes forum so everyone can say hello!

So enjoy posting away and getting to know other newbies!

:thumb_yello:

:groupwave:

Official Mika and Mika Fanclub FAQ

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/faq.php

My apologies, I have a tendency to write too much, I just realized everyone else has just been writing little hello's so I'm sorry for the lengthy message.

Kat.

:welcomeani:

As you can see from my sig i have put myself forward to represent new members to MFC.

I ve done this as recently there has been some concerns expressed by new members that it can be quite hard to fit it here and make friends when you first join.

So after checking with the mods to see what they thought about the idea, i am here!

I have set this thread up primarily to be a place where new members can come to talk with other newbies and make friendships, its sorta the newbie home.

:roftl:

Its also a place that if you as a newbie have any questions or worries you can post them and i will help out as much as i can or if i cant i can pass you on to someone else who can.

Dont forget to start a thread introducing yourself in the introductions and goodbyes forum so everyone can say hello!

So enjoy posting away and getting to know other newbies!

:thumb_yello:

:groupwave:

Official Mika and Mika Fanclub FAQ

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/faq.php

Hi there I'm Kat living in Alberta, Canada, I'm 38...aaaa! (moment please). I recently joined, still discovering Mika's sound and enjoying it. His music has reignited my interest in my sadly forsaken and forgotten old piano (I have a feeling the poor thing may be starting to forgive me for the years of neglect...but I'm not quite sure of that yet so I'll keep working on it).

Anyhow, I've put my intro in the intro thread, and I've had the pleasure of chatting with some lovely Mika fans in the Montreal thread over the last couple of weeks :). Yes, I've stuffed the feeling of financial comfort into a dark little crack in my floor and have sacrificed rent and food money for the next couple of months to buy a fancy-free trip to Montreal for a week in February 2015 to attend my first ever Mika show...shows lol...going to all 3. Might as well live it up eh?

Lyrically, my favourite song thus far is Sympathy...but I've only found it on youtube...I don't know where to buy it...anyone know which album it's from? Melodically, I'm drawn to the feel-good Step with me song and the We are Young song from Kick-Ass.

But my ultimate favourite song is By the Time, it's a double whammy, I adore the descriptive and clever lyrics and the melody just settles me down every time.

I don't know much about the man, MIKA, but his artistry has re-awakened this aging spirit and I'm so thankful for that.

I hope to get to know more people on here and meet a bunch of the long-time and short time fans from here in Montreal. And if anyone wants to go for a coffee or hot coco before the concerts I'd love that, otherwise I'll be left wondering the snowy, cold, streets of Montreal all by my lonesome while there :) lol ok no pressure just really looking forward to February.

Kat.

Hey don´t be shy about your Age, here are a lot of even older people :fisch:. I was 43 when I discovered Mika and now I´m 50 and feel younger than ever. I also started to Play piano agai after 35 years of not playing and I started to learn French because of him. I would have loved to come to Montreal too but I have to care for my old father and so I can only travel in Europe where I can jump on the next Train when something happens with him. You will meet so many MFC ´iers in Montreal and you will love that, I´m sure.

Kat.

Don't need to apologize for being wordy. Sometimes that's just how it goes.

I am also going to Montreal, with a great deal of personal sacrifice involved. I have to pay my rent, of course, and my phone bill, and for food, but I spent three weeks couch surfing at my dad's when I was between apartments. I have spent several years {this} close to life on the streets, so I am bound and determined to make it, no matter what. And now, thanks to a temp job, I am going to be able to afford my airfare, so once the passport is received, that is the next step. I look forward to meeting you there! :blush-anim-cl:

I don't think we'll be alone wandering the streets of Montreal - I'm sure many of us will be hanging around in clusters. But if you do end up alone, look me up. I always love meeting people for coffee, tea or cocoa. I'll be the crazy lady with the fun stuff in her bag. (Seriously - I always have a tube of bubbles in my bag, to keep me from getting too bored.)

This will be my first live show of his too, and I look forward to it. I have a lot to thank that young man for... like my life... he literally saved my life.

I am far from an expert, but I don't think Your Sympathy was ever released. It's one of my favorites too.

Glad you're here, and that you were wordy. I actually like that in a person. Makes me feel less alone in the world.

Hi Kat :bye: Your Sympathy was a bonus track on the Japanese version of Life In Cartoon Motion.

Come and visit the Oldlings thread for a chat http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31119

Kat.

Welcome to MFC Kat :huglove:

Have a wonderful Mika time in Montreal :thumb_yello:

See you in the goldings thread :wink2::bye:

• 4 months later...

Hi im kinda a newbie, i joined the MFC last year but haven't really said much.

Hey!!!! :wink2:

so.....im Ellemedit15 (Gwen)

I live in Australia

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MIKA

I hate maths

And my life evolves around MIKA my friends and the internet!!!!

go me!

ttyl Gwen!

• 1 month later...

Hallo everyone :), i´m new, i´m 19 years old. When i was young (12-13 years old i guess) i loved mika´s song (especially lollipop and big girl...). Now i find out, he will come on festival to my town! I started to listen all his song and gigs and i can say, he is the best thing on the earth. I love him, he is funny, cute and everything. But, i can´t talk to anyone about him, nobody see him like me. So...i really hope to find some people here and chat with them about mika :), so, if you wont, contact me, i will be very happy :)

(i apology for my english, it´s not my mother tongue - i also hope to practise my english here)

So, i´m honored to be here,

Ma.Kot.

• Like 1

Hallo everyone :), i´m new, i´m 19 years old. When i was young (12-13 years old i guess) i loved mika´s song (especially lollipop and big girl...). Now i find out, he will come on festival to my town! I started to listen all his song and gigs and i can say, he is the best thing on the earth. I love him, he is funny, cute and everything. But, i can´t talk to anyone about him, nobody see him like me. So...i really hope to find some people here and chat with them about mika :), so, if you wont, contact me, i will be very happy :)

(i apology for my english, it´s not my mother tongue - i also hope to practise my english here)

So, i´m honored to be here,

Ma.Kot.

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here

• 2 weeks later...
Hii I'm a newbie

Soo I'm new here but I've been a fan since a few years. Since i was ten or something. I would really like to get to know this site :mikadas:

:bye: Hallo Farah ... welkom bij MFC.

1.gif

Mijn naam is Annemieke en ik ben de world rep voor Nederland. Voor antwoord op eventuele vragen kun je terecht bij de FAQ sectie. Kun je daar het antwoord niet vinden dan kun je altijd bij mij terecht. Ook kun je hier kijken voor meer info: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3931667&postcount=62

Als je wilt kun je je hier introduceren, zodat iedereen je welkom kan heten: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3. Gewoon op de knop "new thread" linksboven drukken om een nieuwe thread te maken en niet vergeten om de thread een titel te geven. Je kunt wat over jezelf vertellen en hoe je Mika hebt leren kennen. :wink2:

Ik hoop dat je een leuke tijd gaat beleven op het forum. :thumb_yello:

Hi, I hope I clicked the right button!

I'm Claudia from Italy, and I finally decided to join the MFC today. I discovered Mika towards the end of 2009 :shocked:, and have been reading this site almost since then, but I never found the right time to sign in.

Now I have :thumb_yello:

I love everything of Mika, but his voice is his most outstanding feature for me!

well, enough for now!!

Bye guys

Hi, I hope I clicked the right button!

I'm Claudia from Italy, and I finally decided to join the MFC today. I discovered Mika towards the end of 2009 :shocked:, and have been reading this site almost since then, but I never found the right time to sign in.

Now I have :thumb_yello:

I love everything of Mika, but his voice is his most outstanding feature for me!

well, enough for now!!

Bye guys

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here :wink2: