MIKA as a judge at "THE VOICE" France 2014

Sweetieval

I am more surprised about Garou leaving than Mika staying.

i always knew he would, after doing xcraptor again. only people tried to convince me otherwise:sneaky2:

That's why these discussions always go around in circles because instead of this:

Fan A: Mika is not focusing on his music career, I'm really disappointed,.

Fan B: That's too bad. I enjoy the other things he's doing so I am not disappointed at all.

It goes like this:

Fan A: Mika is not focusing on his music career, I'm really disappointed.

Fan B: Yes he is! One TV show doesn't mean anything. You need to have faith and believe in him. Listen to this interview where he says music is a top priority for him and he's only doing it to promote his music. Stop being so negative and unsupportive!

*Signs on for TV show #2*

Fan B: Two TV shows doesn't mean anything. He is still focused on music because he says so. Stop being so negative and unsupportive!

*Signs on for TV show #3*

Fan B: Three TV shows doesn't mean anything. He is still focused on music because he says so. Stop being so negative and unsupportive!

*Signs on for TV show #4*

Honestly I am surprised that there is anyone left at this point who gives enough of a f*ck what Mika does to express disappointment about it or to try to create a defense that defies all the evidence. Maybe this argument about Mika's music career will finally die because his music career is dead.

I think It's kinda over for me...

Just came here to say that, since i was off for some time and now saw his tweet... Really dissapointed and sad, cant believe im saying that.

Shame :huglove: Are you on Twitter?

Gutted that Mika has made this decision. He's releasing an album which was supposed to be out this autumn, but we knew it never would happen that soon. Now he's put it back to early next year. In these next few months, in the build up to the album and when the album is scheduled to be released, Mika will be busy doing TV shows. The album is probably going to be rushed and as a result will suffer because of this. But that's only the beginning, outside of Italy and France the album is not going to sell. Like TOOL, it had very little promotion and most of the gigs he did were in France so the rest of the world missed out on that album, they don't know he exists, they don't know TOOL exists.

As I said I'm gutted, being from Ireland, the last few years Mika hasn't had much of a following here and in this country a lot of the music that is going to do well here needs to do well in the UK. Mika seems to have forgotten about the UK and the rest of the world outside of Italy and France for that matter. It's hard to be positive about this decision now :dunno:

Could be :teehee:

No, it's said that they wanted him out to bring some novelty, and increase female representation in the same time

Women are always the weakest links on these shows though. I wouldn't get rid of Garou just to bring a woman in.

Women are always the weakest links on these shows though. I wouldn't get rid of Garou just to bring a woman in.

I'm surprised by their choice too. Especially as rumours were more about Pagny and Jenifer leaving. And the new coach is truly a surprise, I wonder what her fanbase is like now! :naughty:

I somehow saw this coming so can't say I'm surprised. I assume they made him a very good offer and after everything went so well last year it must have been difficult to turn down. I can't blame him. It must be a huge amount of money and he is wearing Valentino and living like a royal. I had this little hope that he is so excited to do his own music again that he can't wait another 6 month to show it to the world and perform and tour but oh well.

The second season should be easier and less stressful, maybe he plans to finish the album in the next few months so it can be out right after the Voice? Don't know if the timing means much in France, it's hard to imagine he can top what he had with Kendji and The Voice wasn't promotion wise as useful as XF anyway. For Italy it should be out as early 2015 as possible?

I don't think he cares what his fans are saying at all. And to be honest, his long-time fans are a small group compared to people who come and go around these television shows. Anyway, he makes his own decisions based on how he personally feels. I'm feeling zen. I just saw him and he seemed to be well. In my opinion he is an amazing artist and belongs to on stage but what can I do. I just wait for Montreal. And for the first time ever I don't really care about the drama. I've seen it too many times to care, lol! I just skip it, it has nothing to do with me.

I somehow saw this coming so can't say I'm surprised. I assume they made him a very good offer and after everything went so well last year it must have been difficult to turn down. I can't blame him. It must be a huge amount of money and he is wearing Valentino and living like a royal. I had this little hope that he is so excited to do his own music again that he can't wait another 6 month to show it to the world and perform and tour but oh well.

The second season should be easier and less stressful, maybe he plans to finish the album in the next few months so it can be out right after the Voice? Don't know if the timing means much in France, it's hard to imagine he can top what he had with Kendji and The Voice wasn't promotion wise as useful as XF anyway. For Italy it should be out as early 2015 as possible?

I don't think he cares what his fans are saying at all. And to be honest, his long-time fans are a small group compared to people who come and go around these television shows. Anyway, he makes his own decisions based on how he personally feels. I'm feeling zen. I just saw him and he seemed to be well. In my opinion he is an amazing artist and belongs to on stage but what can I do. I just wait for Montreal. And for the first time ever I don't really care about the drama. I've seen it too many times to care, lol! I just skip it, it has nothing to do with me.

:thumb_yello: You express much of my own thoughts about this Nina! :blush-anim-cl: But tbh, I expected MIKA to consentrate fully on his own music now! The only thing I can add, is that I do hope being so successful on these TV-shows, isn't too addictive...:blink:

Love,love

me

I would have prefered him to release the album, then theater gigs, then tour early 2015 as he said.

But well, now that he said that the album will only be in 2015, he seems to want / need to take it more slowly. In that case it seems clever in a marketting way to do The Voice than nothing.

Of course, living most of the time in Paris it's much easier for me to think so and not be sad by this news than for others.

I'm really sorry for those who feel bad because of The Voice :huglove::huglove:

I agree, I like Garou, I can't understand why they made him leave. :shocked:

Oh well. I won't be able to see the show anyway as my internet connection got worse lately and I can't even download a medium sized file. See, I have bigger issues here. :aah: I don't care about missing it, as I can already forecast it for you: tu n'est pas crédible, c'est top, tu es trop technique, tu n'es pas assez technique, t'es trop jeune, ça a été dingue....

I really get bored with judges' opinion, cause I don't give a f about the competition and the contestants, I just look for some joke here and there. I don't even know who got kicked out in the XF episodes I attended a couple of months ago, I really don't have a clue about those guys.

The downside is that I could have enjoyed some french but apparently my phone company want me to get back straight to middle age. :sneaky2:

I agree.

I'm fine with it, but I've only known him this way, so I can see why others are disappointed. I actually enjoyed watching Ze Voice last year, for Mika, and the cultural experience. I've enjoyed the watches and the fashion and all that stuff as well. I guess he's more than music for me. I'm just going to keep an open mind and wait and see, and enjoy what we get.

I'm more upset about Garou. I really like him.

I agree.

I actually enjoyed watching Ze Voice last year, for Mika, and the cultural experience. I've enjoyed the watches and the fashion and all that stuff as well. I guess he's more than music for me. I'm just going to keep an open mind and wait and see, and enjoy what we get.

:thumb_yello:

I just continue *waiting patiently* a bit longer and in the meantime I will enjoy watching the Voice again. :wink2: But it's a pity that Garou left ... I loved the interactions between Mika and Garou.

This is also my opinion. Of course, he's a musician first but he is working on his fourth album! And in the meantime, we can watch him every week on television/internet (that actually makes me happy - I do understand French most of the time but Italian not at all, so I like that he does The Voice again more than X-Factor).

...I don't think he cares what his fans are saying at all. And to be honest, his long-time fans are a small group compared to people who come and go around these television shows. Anyway, he makes his own decisions based on how he personally feels. I'm feeling zen. I just saw him and he seemed to be well. In my opinion he is an amazing artist and belongs to on stage but what can I do.

You can't do nothing...none of us can do. This is the reality. :wub2:

He makes things, he shows us things... and we can only say yes or no, i like or not. This is our only substance.

Well, i have to say that I like him on TV, he is professional and credible, he's becoming an excellent communicator. He could also have a show on his own. :teehee:

I like watching him, listening to him, he gives me joy, he amuses me, he gives me all positive feelings. As long as he wants to make tv in this way, it's fine for me.

I also like to follow him in internet, media or in the fun club ... it's funny and he is an interesting man.

About his music, it's very very clear, at this point, that I have to wait....:aah:well, I've decided to wait. I'm too curious. :teehee: But from what I've seen in old videos, I think it's worth it.

Discussing about all the rest of his choices, ends me up always in the same dead spot. I can not know what he thinks and what he wants, and why he's doing what he's doing...instead of doing something else... :aah:

But he's doing something, and i like. For now. :mf_rosetinted:

You can't do nothing...none of us can do. This is the reality. :wub2:

He makes things, he shows us things... and we can only say yes or no, i like or not. This is our only substance.

Yes, exactly. And this is how it should be. Sometimes he does something I'm hoping for, sometimes the opposite. Sometimes something totally surprising (and I really like that!). I'm here just to watch.

I admit that now I'm more disappointed than earlier for selfish reasons. Another season means I need to wait even more to see him on stage (and to tell the truth, I can't even know if I will see him after Montreal). However, I just saw him on stage and he was good as ever. He was wonderful :wub2: I'm not worried about him, I can wait.

It also means that he is keeping distance to his fans. I love it when he shares news from studio or communicate other ways. I would love him to share also his television experiences. I would love him to talk to us. Not to apologize or explain, he doesn't need to. Just to share that he is excited because they made him a good offer. To tell why he likes television work and to talk about Italy/France. I would love to hear! But I already know it's not going to happen and I can understand why. If he tweets something about his job as a judge in English people only tell him they don't want to hear. Why would he bother?

Well, i have to say that I like him on TV, he is professional and credible, he's becoming an excellent communicator. He could also have a show on his own. :teehee:

I enjoy watching him too. I can't follow these television shows the same way locals can because I can't understand the language, but I enjoy watching him working. He is really good. I'm not surprised if will continue doing television also in the future. It doesn't matter if we like those shows or not but he is good on television, I wish people gave him more credit for it.

However, for the first time ever I don't really care the usual fan drama or what people are saying about his decisions. It used to give me such a heavy feeling. It's never enough for people to tell their opinions, they are arguing, complaining or just generally laughing to someone else's thoughts. I finally learned to shut it all out. I can't even tell how it happened. I just don't care. I'm just feeling totally zen about everything and I love it! Mika seems to be well and happy with his work and that's enough for me.

Yes, exactly. And this is how it should be. Sometimes he does something I'm hoping for, sometimes the opposite. Sometimes something totally surprising (and I really like that!). I'm here just to watch.

I admit that now I'm more disappointed than earlier for selfish reasons. Another season means I need to wait even more to see him on stage (and to tell the truth, I can't even know if I will see him after Montreal). However, I just saw him on stage and he was good as ever. He was wonderful :wub2: I'm not worried about him, I can wait.

It also means that he is keeping distance to his fans. I love it when he shares news from studio or communicate other ways. I would love him to share also his television experiences. I would love him to talk to us. Not to apologize or explain, he doesn't need to. Just to share that he is excited because they made him a good offer. To tell why he likes television work and to talk about Italy/France. I would love to hear! But I already know it's not going to happen and I can understand why. If he tweets something about his job as a judge in English people only tell him they don't want to hear. Why would he bother?

I enjoy watching him too. I can't follow these television shows the same way locals can because I can't understand the language, but I enjoy watching him working. He is really good. I'm not surprised if will continue doing television also in the future. It doesn't matter if we like those shows or not but he is good on television, I wish people gave him more credit for it.

However, for the first time ever I don't really care the usual fan drama or what people are saying about his decisions. It used to give me such a heavy feeling. It's never enough for people to tell their opinions, they are arguing, complaining or just generally laughing to someone else's thoughts. I finally learned to shut it all out. I can't even tell how it happened. I just don't care. I'm just feeling totally zen about everything and I love it! Mika seems to be well and happy with his work and that's enough for me.

AMEN! :huglove:

Love,love

me

:thumb_yello: