We celebrated our 1st wedding anniversary on Sunday. Didn't do anything massive, just went shopping and then Derek cooked dinner and I had some wine (and it went straight to my head :doh::teehee:).

:shocked: Surely you haven't been married a year already? Where does the time go?

:shocked: Surely you haven't been married a year already? Where does the time go?

Yep, sure has been a year. It's a bit scary really...

We organised Samuel's Baptism for Sunday last week, and it went off without a hitch. Little Man was the youngest by a few months - there was a 6 month old (I've known his mum since she was a baby), a 4 month old and a little girl who was about 3-4 years old. Ended up having lunch at home, which was pretty good. We didn't end up inviting two of Derek's brothers cause they haven't been talking to us (I even saw one of my sisters in law down the street without Derek and she didn't even stop to see Little Man).

And now I'm a little unimpressed as I sent a message on Facebook to one of their daughters as it's her birthday, and she didn't even respond or say thank you (I have no idea what we've done to her).

Just a little over some of his family, so is he TBH.

• 2 weeks later...
Just sharing a couple more pics of little man...

1459997_10152382660286577_8718142631915841608_n.jpg?oh=97c4f5479a84ad68ad890de12b1ebb98&oe=55201AB1&__gda__=1427643194_af1d600311e99ef61d22097bfe3a212a

10419043_10152382660141577_8739591994030634067_n.jpg?oh=a94a5bbdbc74f4b0397eefe21934f06d&oe=551C3375

He's really starting to gain weight now, he's even getting little fat rolls on his legs :teehee:

He looks gorgeous, Tegan, what a happy smile :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...
He looks gorgeous, Tegan, what a happy smile :biggrin2:

He has a great smile! He's getting a little grumpy though, I think he's started teething :blink: The dribbling, constantly shoving his fist in his mouth and red cheeks have kinda given it away.

The last week has been pretty busy. We went away to the coast for 4 days for a bit of a holiday (little man dipped his toes in the water but didn't like it), had 3 Christmas parties and went to a funeral for my aunt (she died a few days before we left) - my uncle ended up organising the funeral for the day after we got home luckily, cause some of her family lives in Sydney and interstate.

So, are you all organised for Christmas? What are your plans?

He has a great smile! He's getting a little grumpy though, I think he's started teething :blink: The dribbling, constantly shoving his fist in his mouth and red cheeks have kinda given it away.

The last week has been pretty busy. We went away to the coast for 4 days for a bit of a holiday (little man dipped his toes in the water but didn't like it), had 3 Christmas parties and went to a funeral for my aunt (she died a few days before we left) - my uncle ended up organising the funeral for the day after we got home luckily, cause some of her family lives in Sydney and interstate.

So, are you all organised for Christmas? What are your plans?

:sad: I think Christmas is going to be subdued. Sadly my father passed away last week (suddenly but peacefully), the funeral will be on 23rd December. So I am trying to sort out the funeral while all the Christmas stuff is still having to go on (cards, getting presents, etc). At one point it looked as if we would have to wait until the New Year for the service, which would have been awful.

:sad: I think Christmas is going to be subdued. Sadly my father passed away last week (suddenly but peacefully), the funeral will be on 23rd December. So I am trying to sort out the funeral while all the Christmas stuff is still having to go on (cards, getting presents, etc). At one point it looked as if we would have to wait until the New Year for the service, which would have been awful.

:shocked: That's terrible news! I'm so sorry to hear that :huglove:... How old was he?

At least the funeral will be over and done with by the time Christmas comes around, so it won't be hanging over your heads.

I guess Samuel is far too young to understand Christmas, but I bet he gets spoiled with presents :naughty:

I think he will be very spoiled! :teehee: He's got a stack of presents here under the tree (and Santa's got a few good presents ready for him too :wink2:) and I think Mum and Dad and Zoe will be getting him a fair bit even though we said to them not to go overboard. My brother and his partner have left a present under the tree for him, as they're over in the US so won't be here for Christmas. I think they're going to get him something over there as well.

Oh, and I got your little parcel yesterday! Thank you! I love the little Christmas tree decorations and the little chocolates were yummy (and eaten very quickly :teehee: - yes, I did share). I've left Samuel's present wrapped up and will put it under the tree for him/me to open on Christmas day. Obviously I haven't sent a card, but will send a little something on to you today hopefully. It probably won't get there till after Christmas though.

:shocked: That's terrible news! I'm so sorry to hear that :huglove:... How old was he?

At least the funeral will be over and done with by the time Christmas comes around, so it won't be hanging over your heads.

He was 87; he had been getting more frail and we were half-expecting that he would end up in hospital, but he died suddenly at home (he'd stayed up watching TV, and really did look like he'd just gone to sleep).

Oh, and I got your little parcel yesterday! Thank you! I love the little Christmas tree decorations and the little chocolates were yummy (and eaten very quickly :teehee: - yes, I did share). I've left Samuel's present wrapped up and will put it under the tree for him/me to open on Christmas day. Obviously I haven't sent a card, but will send a little something on to you today hopefully. It probably won't get there till after Christmas though.

Glad everything arrived OK. I was worried the chocolates might have melted en route.

• 2 weeks later...
He was 87; he had been getting more frail and we were half-expecting that he would end up in hospital, but he died suddenly at home (he'd stayed up watching TV, and really did look like he'd just gone to sleep).

Glad everything arrived OK. I was worried the chocolates might have melted en route.

I guess that's one thing that he just looked like he'd gone to sleep and that he didn't have to go to the hospital.

The choccies were fine :thumb_yello: Didn't even look slightly melted.

More problems with wildfires, I see :huh:

Yeah, so it seems. Far as I know none of the Aussies from here are affected. I think they expected bushfires cause there was a lot of rain so things grew then it dried off cause there's been so little rain lately. Just checked an app I have on my phone and there's one about 25km from here.

I had a pretty good Christmas and New Year. Little Man got very spoilt over Christmas, though he decided he'd had enough Christmas cause he threw a massive hissy fit. After he had a 3 1/2 hr sleep and a bottle, he was happy and ready to party :teehee:

Edited by nico_collard

I had a pretty good Christmas and New Year. Little Man got very spoilt over Christmas, though he decided he'd had enough Christmas cause he threw a massive hissy fit. After he had a 3 1/2 hr sleep and a bottle, he was happy and ready to party :teehee:

A bottle and a good sleep - what more could anyone ask for? :wink2:

• 2 weeks later...
A bottle and a good sleep - what more could anyone ask for? :wink2:

It well and truly works for me :wink2:

So, how's your 2015 been? It's been pretty good here, though pretty warm.

Derek's been told that they need to get rid of half of the staff that work in the factory he works in by September, so there's a fair chance that he'll be finishing up around then (they're sending the fridge making factory to Thailand, where they can pay people $2.20 a day). I might end up at work well before then though.

2015 has got off to a quiet start. We will almost certainly be moving this year, but we have to wait until Dad's estate is settled.

:thumbdown: to the factory owners. Is Derek going to wait and see what happens, or is he going to start looking for another job anyway?

How do you feel at the prospect of going back to work?

2015 has got off to a quiet start. We will almost certainly be moving this year, but we have to wait until Dad's estate is settled.

:thumbdown: to the factory owners. Is Derek going to wait and see what happens, or is he going to start looking for another job anyway?

How do you feel at the prospect of going back to work?

Fair enough. Hopefully that won't take too long.

He's going to wait. He was talking about leaving a while ago but that was mainly cause the people there were sh!tting him off.

Ummmm, I'm not sure. It would be good to have something to do for a couple of days a week, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to yet. I don't even have to go back but I think I'll need to eventually (it'll be too hard to get back to work if I stay out of the workforce for too long).

Oh, and I'll have to upload some more photos of little man. He's really starting to fill out now and he's not looking so much like a little baby now :shocked::aah: He actually rolled over about 2 weeks ago. it was a little exciting, but he hasn't done it since.

I wouldn't rush to go back to work if I were you, babies grow so quickly so enjoy this stage while you can.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of him :thumb_yello:

I have no intention of rushing back. If I can get away with it I'll do as few days as possible.

Okies, here we go:

10407482_10152516139716577_1620149315260801889_n.jpg?oh=427007d2c7f60a4088bd22dd020a9a16&oe=552AEF5D

10408067_10152516139611577_7998869547266487786_n.jpg?oh=777d3cc28f8aca4bb93acbd74ef6ec93&oe=5564CD3D&__gda__=1431953608_fc2346b6b6b959fdfdeb483df446fbc8

10934062_10152516139771577_2507763802857820009_n.jpg?oh=67cedb5f16f00117362fef9db14b1a54&oe=555936FC

10151880_10152516139301577_5870866939536778390_n.jpg?oh=5e3e57fb3a5716fa02e5fca6d1357436&oe=55676BE0

Oh he's so cute :wub2: Love his little tiger ears :naughty:

They're very cute aren't they? My mum and aunt thought it was mean to put them on him though.

:doh:

Forgot to wish you all a happy Australia Day :aussie:

giphy.gif

And thanks!

Did you hear that our moron PM wanted to give Prince Phillip a knighthood (or did he actually do it... I don't know)?

Did you hear that our moron PM wanted to give Prince Phillip a knighthood (or did he actually do it... I don't know)?

I think he has just been recommended for a knighthood by your PM. Can't see the point myself - he's already a prince so what use would a knighthood be?

I am sure there are some worthy Australians who would deserve the honour more (though I think the whole systems of awarding honours is anachronistic).

I think he has just been recommended for a knighthood by your PM. Can't see the point myself - he's already a prince so what use would a knighthood be?

I am sure there are some worthy Australians who would deserve the honour more (though I think the whole systems of awarding honours is anachronistic).

I thought the exact same thing. Why would he want a knighthood if he's already a prince?

Then again, I also don't really see the point in giving hero medals to the hostages in the siege in Sydney last year.

I thought the exact same thing. Why would he want a knighthood if he's already a prince?

Then again, I also don't really see the point in giving hero medals to the hostages in the siege in Sydney last year.

That's what I mean - the whole thing is nonsense

homer_running_naked_by_nick619gtx-d38484p.gif

................................................................:mikadas:

EDIT: I just saw bday messages from 16 months ago. :teehee:

Awww, you guysesss :flowers2::huglove:

Edited by Kelzy