Mika in French Press - 2014

BiaIchihara

Amen - you said it all - thank you! :huglove:

And very BIG thanks to Alba and Anne, who gave us this nice reading!! :huglove:

Love,love

me

Yes, a big thank you from me too.

I've always thought of Mika as being like that big colourful planet Jupiter, especially since Jupiter is the bringer of joy.

I absolutely love the article. It says exactly what I mean when I say he's not just a popstar. He's made to write music and sing, of this there is no doubt, but he's also capable of so much more.

This is why I'm not against Mika doing the kind of shows where we see the whole person. I think the beginning of the article, where the author says that they always loved Mika's music, but now they are falling for the person. This is really good, and it will translate into album sales.

I don't see Mika as feminine. He's not a butch man either. I tend to think of him as a very unique person. He has the best qualities of sensitivity and letting his emotions show, that, along with his fashion sense, are associated with women. But he also has determination and a commanding presence, associated with men. But his commanding presence is in no way threatening, because it's part of his charisma, that is associated with his humanity.

There is no one else like Mika, and I think that's what the author is trying to say

I absolutely love the article.

You took the words right out of my mouth :huglove:

I absolutely love the article. It says exactly what I mean when I say he's not just a popstar. He's made to write music and sing, of this there is no doubt, but he's also capable of so much more.

This is why I'm not against Mika doing the kind of shows where we see the whole person. I think the beginning of the article, where the author says that they always loved Mika's music, but now they are falling for the person. This is really good, and it will translate into album sales.

I don't see Mika as feminine. He's not a butch man either. I tend to think of him as a very unique person. He has the best qualities of sensitivity and letting his emotions show, that, along with his fashion sense, are associated with women. But he also has determination and a commanding presence, associated with men. But his commanding presence is in no way threatening, because it's part of his charisma, that is associated with his humanity.

There is no one else like Mika, and I think that's what the author is trying to say

Thanks for finding and translating this article!

Anyway I don't think Mika is androgyn, he sums up so called femine and masculine traits just as every other human being. Unless we want to stick to the latin macho stereotype (none of my interest, too predictable imo...)

I agree with you :thumb_yello:

And thanks a lot Anne!! :original:

You CERTAINLY said that well :)

TBA=To Be Announced :mf_rosetinted:

Nononono :fisch:

TBA = The Best Album :wink2:

Actually -the Wikipedia entry is quite out of date so I wouldn't put any reliance on this small adjustment

Edited by Naectegale

Thanks for finding the article Alba and thanks to Anne for translated it :huglove:

I agree with all your words! :blush-anim-cl:

Mika would have said yes to The Voice 4 (France) according to this article (their source is a gossip magazine called 'public'):

http://www.staragora.com/news/the-voice-la-saison-4-confirmee-mais-sans-jenifer/479454

The Voice : La saison 4 confirmée mais sans Jenifer

Le 18/02/2014 à 19:42, dans le dossier The Voice 3 : candidats, finale, gagnant, Mika

Nos confrères de Public ont révélé une information de taille concernant The Voice 4. Découvrez la sans plus attendre.

L'information vient de tomber et elle est à mettre au crédit de nos confrères de Public. Selon les journalistes du magazine people qui paraît tous les vendredis, TF1 aurait prévu de continuer l'aventure The Voice avec une saison 4. Le télé-crochet présenté par Nikos Aliagas et dont les audiences cartonnent serait donc reconduit en 2015. Malheureusement pour les téléspectateurs du programme, cette bonne nouvelle est accompagnée d'une information qui ne plaira pas à tout le monde. Toujours selon Public, Jenifer devrait quitter son fauteuil rouge à la fin de la saison 3.

La jeune femme qui a remporté la saison 1 de la Star Academy avait il y a quelques semaines dit ne pas être sûre de signer pour une quatrième salve d'épisodes dans les colonnes de Métronews : "On verra. Ça dépend vraiment de ce que je ressentirais à la fin de cette saison 3". Visiblement, elle a décidé de ne pas attendre la fin de la saison pour prendre sa décision. De leurs côtés et contrairement à elle, les trois hommes de The Voice, Florent Pagny, Garou et Mika qui en fait parfois un peu trop ont donné leur accord à la chaîne et à la société de production Shine pour une saison 4.

L'information concernant le départ de Jenifer tombe à quelques jours seulement des premières battles et le jour où nous vous livrons notre pronostic concernant les potentiels gagnants de The Voice 3. Un timing parfait ou presque pour préparer la succession de Jenifer. L'interprète de Au soleil qui est la seule femme coach du programme sera sans doute remplacée par une autre femme. Le choix de celle-ci ne va pas être évident puisque comme à l'international, il faut des pointures dans les fauteuils rouges mais aussi parce que de son côté M6 est en train de contacter de nombreux potentiels jurés pour Rising Star. La concurrence va être rude mais faisons confiance à la Une qui a prouvé qu'elle s'avait dénicher la perle rare avec Mika !

Mika would have said yes to The Voice 4 (France) according to this article (their source is a gossip magazine called 'public'):

http://www.staragora.com/news/the-voice-la-saison-4-confirmee-mais-sans-jenifer/479454

The Voice : La saison 4 confirmée mais sans Jenifer

Le 18/02/2014 à 19:42, dans le dossier The Voice 3 : candidats, finale, gagnant, Mika

Nos confrères de Public ont révélé une information de taille concernant The Voice 4. Découvrez la sans plus attendre.

L'information vient de tomber et elle est à mettre au crédit de nos confrères de Public. Selon les journalistes du magazine people qui paraît tous les vendredis, TF1 aurait prévu de continuer l'aventure The Voice avec une saison 4. Le télé-crochet présenté par Nikos Aliagas et dont les audiences cartonnent serait donc reconduit en 2015. Malheureusement pour les téléspectateurs du programme, cette bonne nouvelle est accompagnée d'une information qui ne plaira pas à tout le monde. Toujours selon Public, Jenifer devrait quitter son fauteuil rouge à la fin de la saison 3.

La jeune femme qui a remporté la saison 1 de la Star Academy avait il y a quelques semaines dit ne pas être sûre de signer pour une quatrième salve d'épisodes dans les colonnes de Métronews : "On verra. Ça dépend vraiment de ce que je ressentirais à la fin de cette saison 3". Visiblement, elle a décidé de ne pas attendre la fin de la saison pour prendre sa décision. De leurs côtés et contrairement à elle, les trois hommes de The Voice, Florent Pagny, Garou et Mika qui en fait parfois un peu trop ont donné leur accord à la chaîne et à la société de production Shine pour une saison 4.

L'information concernant le départ de Jenifer tombe à quelques jours seulement des premières battles et le jour où nous vous livrons notre pronostic concernant les potentiels gagnants de The Voice 3. Un timing parfait ou presque pour préparer la succession de Jenifer. L'interprète de Au soleil qui est la seule femme coach du programme sera sans doute remplacée par une autre femme. Le choix de celle-ci ne va pas être évident puisque comme à l'international, il faut des pointures dans les fauteuils rouges mais aussi parce que de son côté M6 est en train de contacter de nombreux potentiels jurés pour Rising Star. La concurrence va être rude mais faisons confiance à la Une qui a prouvé qu'elle s'avait dénicher la perle rare avec Mika !

"Public" is absolutely not credible. Until now they have said a bunch of rubbish about Mika.

Jenifer's manager had said some time ago that any decision on the renewal of contract would be taken by her and the other judges/coachs only after the end of the program.So it's better to wait and see.

"Public" is absolutely not credible. Until now they have said a bunch of rubbish about Mika.

Jenifer's manager had said some time ago that any decision on the renewal of contract would be taken by her and the other judges/coachs only after the end of the program.So it's better to wait and see.

Yes it' s best to wait but I wouldn't be amazed if Mika was back as judge next year in The Voice...considering how many people watched the show this year . However we have to wait for official TF1 confirmation to be sure of anything one way or the other... and "Public" sure is one of the most gossipy mag you can find :aah:

• 2 weeks later...
Mika in Elle France magazine today:

BnLnCxSCIAEi1uj.jpg:large

:blush-anim-cl: Beautiful pic - I like MIKAs "arrogant look" here :teehee:

With these clothes and haircut, he looks like he's found in a magazine from the 60ies ... :wink2:

Love,love

me

Thank you, that's so interesting!!! :wub2::wub2: I love to discover what other artists he likes

Especially when one of them is from Quebec :wub2: Haven't seen his latest but Laurence Anyways was one of the movies I love most :thumb_yello:

Thank you for the scan :wub2:

Sorry for the mistakes :blush-anim-cl: - He's listing what he likes at the moment:

"Comic book: "Fran" by Jim Woodring. I am fan of this poetic, surrealist autodidact from Seattle. His graphic arts have the same effect on me than black and white cartoons from a young Walt Disney.

Actor/Director: Xavier Dolan fascinates me. He is young, passionate, unpredictabe, smart, all at the same time, and he can do everything: acting, directing, dubbing... since his first shocking movie "J'ai tué ma mère", I keep track of everything he makes, creates, the risks he takes. His movies are not perfects, and that's exactly why I love them.

Painter: I love Peter Doig. This artist reproduce an imaginary world, almost unreal, with colourful and out-of space landscapes. Like a poet, he manages to be romantic and macabre at the same time.

Singer: Melody Gardot. On stage, she's energic, mysterious, she has an incredible aura, almost mystical. She drives the musicians by waving a magic hand.

Exhibition: All the work of James Turrell inspires me. I saw his retrospective exhibition at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, when I was working at my album. His work on colors, space and light amazes me. I am like a child.

Authors: Last summer I read from the Turkish author Orphan Pamuk. A chock. What will I read this summer? Maybe Julian Barnes, I loved Flaubert's Parrot, and I'll try to finally finish The Sun Also Rises from Hernet Hemmingway."

Edited by Melyssa
correcting typos

Thanks for letting us know about Elle, going to buy the magazine today.:thumb_yello:

It's so interesting to hear about artists and writers whose work he admires.

Very much agree with the comparison between Woodring's characters and the very early Walt Disney cartoons. I could very easily imagine Fran appearing on Steamboat Willie for example.

It's also so cool to discover artists you hadnt heard before thanks to Mika mentioning them. Cant believe I didnt know about James Turell until now. Was just checking his site and I think his use of color and light is pretty fascinating. It must be really cool to see an exhibition of his work.