MIKA in Naples (Nutella's 50th Anniversary): 18 May 2014

dcdeb

Reports thread is here: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4012084#post4012084

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mika is very happy to announce his first Italian concert in quite some time, in Napoli! It's going to be a big FREE party and everyone is welcome! It will be at Piazza del Plebiscito, Napoli on 18th May, more details coming soon!

NOTE: Please don't RSVP if you're not going, as there will probably more who won't go than who will, and none of us wants to scroll through that long list of NO's. :naughty: Thanks!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too near to say no. But I'M SCARED :mf_rosetinted:

I'm beyond scared. I swear. Both for the place (jeez, among all towns...) and for the Walkers. I should have watched more Walking Dead to me prepared to this.

But I'm a way too excited to care right now.

I read there will be more artists but I expect Mika is the main star and sings more than 2 or 3 songs :blush-anim-cl:

I so hope you're right. I'm doing this even for the adventure and stuff but of course ....

At the beginning I wondered not to go, but it's a thrilling experience to me.

I'm beyond scared. I swear. Both for the place (jeez, among all towns...) and for the Walkers. I should have watched more Walking Dead to me prepared to this.

I so hope you're right. I'm doing this even for the adventure and stuff but of course ....

At the beginning I wondered not to go, but it's a thrilling experience to me.

I know and I would like to meet you in person , wish all of you will have a lot of fun:thumb_yello:

We hope Nutella for free too... no too dirty image:teehee:

:lmfao:

Just shoot them in the head :naughty: Seriously, I have the same problem. That and the fact that train tickets from Milan are so expensive :tears:

Edited by Log lady

Maybe it's better that you will start exactly with this crazy free gig, so all the others will be easier to face :naughty:

Will be like hell on earth...but at least is a gig..so..I'm in :mikasweat:

If foreign fans will come, please be careful, no expensive phones, jewelry, expensive watches and only few money with you.

Also, i suggest you to find a room very close to piazza plebiscito. Taxi, metro and buses are dangerous even more at night!

If foreign fans will come, please be careful, no expensive phones, jewelry, expensive watches and only few money with you.

Also, i suggest you to find a room very close to piazza plebiscito. Taxi, metro and buses are dangerous even more at night!

This is what I was talking about when I write "why oh why Naples among all cities. " And this is one of the reasons why I'm scared.

Even taxi are dangerous?????

Will be like hell on earth...but at least is a gig..so..I'm in :mikasweat:

Is it different than in other Italian cities? I already had my wallet stolen in Milan 2012. I've hopefully learnt to be more careful :aah:

I'm planning to get just some money, ID, and a veeery old phone, all in my pockets. Will I need something more?

Btw, any hint about how to prepare/survive/enjoy is very welcome.

Edited by Elwendin

Is it different than in other Italian cities? I already had my wallet stolen in Milan 2012. I've hopefully learnt to be more careful :aah:

Are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit about Naples? :blink:

It's been several years since I was in Naples, but even back then everyone warned me about pickpockets and other crime, more so than in other Italian cities. I was petrified when I went, so was very, very careful and had no incidents. It sounds like its reputation has gotten even worse! Is it really that bad? :sad:

In any case, I'm thrilled that there will be a show at least of some kind this summer -- wish I could go, but that's the weekend my son is graduating from college, and I guess I can't really miss that, can I? :naughty:

Enjoy, all of you who will be going! :thumb_yello:

This is what I was talking about when I write "why oh why Naples among all cities. " And this is one of the reasons why I'm scared.

I second that... I've had some bad experiences the last time I was in Naples, but I'm trying to see if I can organize a trip for that day, I'd love to be there.

Let's see...

I'm planning to get just some money, ID, and a veeery old phone, all in my pockets. Will I need something more?

Btw, any hint about how to prepare/survive/enjoy is very welcome.

Hints? Nothing easier than that. Though, they are quite general:

Bring some glucose - easy to keep in a pocket, can save you from fainting or whatever and even helps if you're about to starve. :naughty:

Find out if it's allowed to bring water and if so do it. You will need to drink. If not bring the cap of a normal plastic bottle - it's small and fits in pockets and at some festival grounds they sell bottles without caps to avoid stupids throwing those on stage.

Bring some hat to save you from the sun and a raincoat (it happens to rain even in Italy, right?) and don't forget to use sunblocker.

If you want to bring a camera (many decide to leave it home to focus on the gig instead of taking pictures) bring a small one. It's handy and some securities forbid big system cameras.

Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that can get dirty or wet. High heels might seem good for short people so that they can improve their sight but if you're not really used to them your feed will be dead after the gig. :aah:

Depending on where your spot is and if you care about it or not it can be helpful to plan ahead when to leave the spot for the last time (read: go to toilet). But if worse comes to worse go to toilet and lose your spot rather than avoid drinking and faint.

Be brave and talk to people. MFCers and Mikafans in general are nice people and there are great friendships that were started by people ignoring their normal fear of contacting strangers and approaching them anyway. :wub2:

Most importantly: Have fun! :thumb_yello:

I second that... I've had some bad experiences the last time I was in Naples, but I'm trying to see if I can organize a trip for that day, I'd love to be there.

Let's see...

Bad experiences, in a taxi ??? Im scared jut to read all of you say. They kidnapped, hurt you?? :aah:

Are you sure you're not exaggerating a bit about Naples? :blink:

Yes, I hope it's an exaggeration because I want to bring my phone :mf_rosetinted:

My aunt went in Naples not long time ago and they went there by car but someone stole all the suitcases and even some "sfogliatelle" they had bought there :mf_rosetinted:

So my only concern will be to put my car in a garage because a lot of people told me if you have license plate from other places it could be risky.

But Piazza del Plebiscito is the heart of the city and such a big event will bring all the police... :mf_rosetinted:

Hope it will be nice!

Taxi are overpriced (even more during events), dont think dangerous..but you need to choose only lincensed one (like everywhere else).

Yes, Napoli is usually a little more "difficult" than other cities..you need to know where you're going..some areas are too dangerous and is better to avoid them. Piazza Plebiscito is ok though but is better to stay in the area and not go too far.

Is just not about pickpockets, is about dangerous places to avoid.

For example if in the centre of Milan you can walk with jewelry, branded clothes or bags without any problem (at least usually) in Napoli is better to avoid this behaviour to not draw thieves' attention.

I'm not an expert of course and I honestly have prejudices about Napoli cause many people I know had problems there..me included..but maybe things have changed by now :) i just wanted to warn you!