"Friendliness is so uncommon that it is mistaken for flirtation."

This is the quote of my life. A relevant example is tonight during a game of beer pong the person I was playing against was determined to 'set me up' with a friend of mine. I mean she was totally within my 'date' radar but she was in a 'ship. but this beer pong opponent was determined that we would be a perfect couple.

I mean.... friendliness shouldn't mean attraction. This is my biggest issue with pansexuality. Everyone assumes that I want to sleep with them because I am a genuinely nice person. If I help you move its not because I want in your pants, its because I know that moving sucks and someone helping is nice. Funk people confuse me.

:drinks_wine: Wish this wine was white :P

hi! aren't you... me?:naughty:

Almost everytime that i talk with some friends they try to set me up with someone. Many of them, must say, terrible! But some people are just so nice that become a friend. But, on the other hand, the person that i wanna ~~set up~~ it's in a kinda "friend zone" (hate that thing!), cause i'm so open to hear and know the real person i'm with, that he/she become a friend.

And yes, funk people should have a manual!!

:aah:

I wish the wine was white too :naughty:

I just heard about this blog or something, #queerhelsinki where people with queer attitude were asked to be photographed (where ever they were, shopping, having coffee...). First I was like whaaat, but it's actually an intresting project. No questions asked about your sexual orientation or anything, just beautiful photos of ordinary people. There aren't many photos yet but it could become really cool.

Cool!! Can you send the link of it, please?

:wink2:

I see... quite the same happened to me, but with my older brother, who's my godfather as well. It's so... awkward, i can't find another word, maybe weird, but it's too much. Anyway, it's so ~~different~~ when people sexualise the purest love, like mother and daughter's love, and brother and brother's love as well.

Gosh... it's really, reeeeeally hurts! Since... ever! i was called as pussy, fagot and every other ~~~~name~~~~ gay man can get. I remember at shcool, many years ago, i had to handle myself a hole class with almost all students dissing me with words, draws etc. That really hurted, but, at the same time, i could see who were my real friends... Ok, must say that i have no idea how this came up.:blush-anim-cl: Sorry!:aah:

Of course it shoud change... thanks God there're many kinds of people! :naughty:

But the most important is: there's a curly-cute-sexy-skinny-hot singer that we aaaaaall can love together...

:mikadas::mikasweat:

Ok... i'll stop...

:lmfao:

Oh yes, indeed, there is! :mikalove:

Name's on the tip of my tongue right now. Might you remember who he might be?

I've not had all of that kind of bullying BS in my life due to my orientation, so I can't say that I can completely relate to what you have experienced. I have had other forms of bullying over the years I was growing up that were quite intense and marked me for years afterward, so I know its effects on the psyche and the soul. I apologize for the people who were so horrid to you!

Facebook has been really good to me for reconnecting with people I went to school with, some I am finally getting to know beyond just sharing classes with them. One girl I hardly knew and I recently opened up a dialogue about our growing up years and the abuses we've survived. I just wish that we could go back 35-40 years and reach out to draw on each others' strength, because our futures could have been so different...

"Friendliness is so uncommon that it is mistaken for flirtation."

This is the quote of my life. A relevant example is tonight during a game of beer pong the person I was playing against was determined to 'set me up' with a friend of mine. I mean she was totally within my 'date' radar but she was in a 'ship. but this beer pong opponent was determined that we would be a perfect couple.

I mean.... friendliness shouldn't mean attraction. This is my biggest issue with pansexuality. Everyone assumes that I want to sleep with them because I am a genuinely nice person. If I help you move its not because I want in your pants, its because I know that moving sucks and someone helping is nice. Funk people confuse me.

:drinks_wine: Wish this wine was white :P

I think that is so, so true. I've been told for years that I lead people on, and when I ask HOW? I am told that it's because I was being so friendly. As if that were the sole indicator - why not ASK if I am interested, if that's what you think?

I know people of all stripes within the span of sexuality, and am currently asexual myself. A lot of this has to do with being extremely vulnerable in my current state of mind. I've come to realize only recently that I really have never felt that undeniable quiver within my soul that means love in the romantic sense. (Pausing here to wipe my eyes.) Something that would have been helpful to have learned before three marriages and three divorces, and countless courtships. I just would like to know that feeling once in my life, and not feel that the guys I get with aren't just looking for someone to hop into bed with, but truly love me. In retrospect, I can see that their motives were as shallow as mine, having someone to be with, but at the time, I truly believed I loved them and they loved me. Boy, was I wrong. Once bitten, twice shy, thrice bitten, I stay out of the vicinity of their jaws.

In time I will get back in the game, but I want the real thing, not the facades I've seen and known for over 30 years now. Somehow, that doesn't seem like too much to ask.

• 1 month later...

La vera malattia è l'omofobia

This is an idea that a page from Italy has had missing one day for 17 May (International Day Against Homophobia)

LINK:https://www.facebook.com/omofobiamalattia/photos/a.305977836203145.1073741828.305503882917207/456802661120661/?type=1

10320396_456802661120661_4348409027336957796_n.png

I've already supported :thumb_yello:

I think that it is too, GG Iry, and as an ally, I find discussions much more interesting when no one is busy bashing the other POV, but allowing people to speak openly. What may be a factor in someone's thinking may not be one in yours. That's okay, and perfectly allowed. Polarization and its companion, extremism, do nothing to advance anyone's cause, and everything to keep people fighting and apart. It's when we recognize the shadings of opinion, and how they got there, that we can actually accomplish something as humanity. Empathy is key.

Open your eyes, your heart, your soul, your mind, and you'll be surprised what comes out.

Don't let me feel like I've killed this thread, folks! Come say something!

Edited by Kezza

I think that it is too, GG Iry, and as an ally, I find discussions much more interesting when no one is busy bashing the other POV, but allowing people to speak openly. What may be a factor in someone's thinking may not be one in yours. That's okay, and perfectly allowed. Polarization and its companion, extremism, do nothing to advance anyone's cause, and everything to keep people fighting and apart. It's when we recognize the shadings of opinion, and how they got there, that we can actually accomplish something as humanity. Empathy is key.

Open your eyes, your heart, your soul, your mind, and you'll be surprised what comes out.

Don't let me feel like I've killed this thread, folks! Come say something!

Of course you haven't Kezza :huglove:

So is anyone intending to attend a pride celebration this summer?

I am likely going to two, at least one though. I guess it depends if my small community manages to have a second one, last years was a bit of a failure.

My family always goes to Spokane Pride. We are a family of allies, and I always offer free hugs to anybody who wants one. I've got to look up when Seattle Pride is (end of June, thank you, Google) - the oldest and I want to go over this year and celebrate there too, with her boyfriend. We love our friends and family of all stripes!

Couple of pics of me with people I knew, and mid-parade march; I'm the chubby bunny with the umbrella, dressed in black and white:

prideparade.png

From last year. Although not nearly as big a deal as coming out sexually, I did my own coming out that day - as a natural salt and pepper, my chestnut hair long gone. It's a bit on the shaggy side in this pic, as I was just finishing growing it out enough to get it cut the way I wanted it cut.

10794_614132165266130_47877750_n.jpg

184491_10151635220259824_1512919497_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Update from Helsinki Pride! (that I missed since I wasn't here:aah:)

Anyway, last year there were about 8000 people in the parade, this year it was 20000!!! And the weather was great, it was the only sunny and warm day in a long time (lately it's been freezing here and just raining all the time:sneaky2: and it's supposed to be summer!).

Also last week few Finnish politicians voted about a law about equal marriage. Sadly they voted against it. Even thought it's not all over, there's still a chance in the autumn, many people were really pissed (for a reason, I mean over 166000 people signed this petition about it and now less than ten politicians can just ruin the whole thing). So that also made people go to Pride to show that they cared. I just hope that our MPs who are deciding if we get the equal marriage or not are paying attention now and that we'll get the law soon!!!

• 4 months later...

Happy to report the naughtiest looking state in the Union, Florida, has passed gay marriage effective January 5.

And read this lovely bit on the King County (Washington) public records website this afternoon: "Same-Sex Domestic Partnership Conversions - As of June 30, 2014, all same-sex domestic partnerships registered with the State of Washington were converted into legal marriages, unless one of the partners was age 62 or older OR the partners were in the process of dissolving their partnership.

To obtain copies of marriage certificates for converted domestic partnerships, please contact the state Department of Health."

My brother told me recently how two men kissing in front of him is an affront and personal offense to him. I wonder how he would feel if he were totally prohibited from being able to freely express his affections toward his girlfriend in public, or his wife. Needless to say, I'm not like him, and I never will be. I've seen what my sister goes through, and friends - one of whom was beat up outside a gay club simply for being gay.

T_T I have never been to a pride event. I wish I could but large crowds make me anxious. The Parade in Toronto is GIGANTIC! O_O like....massive I just couldn't but it looks SO LOVELY plus Toronto makes me uneasy as a city in and of itself, I wanted to go to the event in my city this year but I had to work T_T, my dad went though and got a hand massage and a little neck tie LMAOO!! He said it was lovely. I love that I have a father that is so damn accepting <3 brings a tear to my eye. He was raised in a world that wasn't accepting and chose to disagree <3. hopefully I can go this year coming, maybe if I get hired on full time I can start getting my weekends off >.<.

• 6 months later...

So, did anyone make it to Pride events where they live this year?

Or was it just laladallama and me, with the Nathantor?

Had a great day yesterday, hung out with Jesus and got to enjoy the company of many wonderful people. Once again in black and white, accented with crazy rainbow shamrock socks and a pair of glittery sneakers. Lots of pets got cuddles too, and lots of free hugs given and returned, as always. When someone young, teenaged, comes to get a free hug, sometimes I can tell they just need to know an adult out there accepts them as they are. It makes me wonder just how long it's been since they got that real, loving, no expectations hug of acceptance and approval.

Happy Pride Month, y'all!

• 2 weeks later...