Mika to be a judge @ X Factor Italia 2014 !

Kumazzz

This is why I don't think that Mika needs to be protected from some sharp comments or that we should lower the standard to match some poor choices of him. I trust him to be adult enough and clever enough to put up with some harsh helpful comments. This is how much I respect him.

Let's be real. People are defending their own beliefs, not Mika's feelings. The only criterion for deciding what constitutes a "negative" opinion or one that "poisons" the forum is whether one agrees with that opinion or not. That is why Mika whinging about a free album or telling someone that their performance sucked in front of millions of people is perfectly acceptable (actually laudable, he's such a great judge!) and someone pointing out that Mika is overreacting or being harsh is "negative", "creating drama" and "poisonous". I even recall someone saying that criticism of Mika on this message board that he doesn't read "hurt" them. But apparently being directly criticized in front of millions of people is not hurtful at all. :doh:

A Video of Short interview by Repubblica TV.

http://video.repubblica.it/spettacoli-e-cultura/mika-promuove-il-papa-consapevole-che-i-diritti-dei-gay-sono-importanti/180919/179711

21 ottobre 2014

Mika promuove il Papa: "Consapevole che i diritti dei gay sono importanti"

Sono passati pochi giorni dalla pubblicazione del Sinodo straordinario su gay e divorziati, che tante discussioni ha creato in Vaticano.

"Cominciamo bene" è il commento di Mika. Il giudice di X-Factor, da sempre impegnato nella battaglia per il riconoscimento dei diritti civili degli omosessuali ha promosso a pieni voti Papa Francesco: "E' intelligente, umile e molto educato. Ci vorranno tempo e lavoro, ma meglio avere un Papa consapevole che un Papa che non si pronuncia su un tema così importante"

Thanks a lot Bere as always !!! :flowers2:

Here is the subtitled video :thumb_yello:

:italia::uk:La Repubblica / Talking about the pope (2014)

AMEi9aUIpiU

PICS by REX Features

'X Factor' Italian TV series photocall, Milan

21 October 2014 :

http://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed/2014/10/21/%27x_factor%27_italian_tv_series_photocall,_milan?celeb=Mika

15410314427_79573d0d3d_o.jpg

15593651191_8187d37233_o.jpg

15410208838_342ac0d4d8_o.jpg

15572631486_4ecde5a8d8_o.jpg

15410701710_82c5806e90_o.jpg

14975583964_da93ee6d11_o.jpg

15593651021_5a955df204_o.jpg

15410208878_d43be1fd00_o.jpg

15409698449_ba006e03e6_o.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
adding IMAGES.

VIDEO by Corriere Tv

21 ottobre 2014

X-Factor Live al via e Vicky lancia il suo grido d’amore per Mika

Al via all’edizione live di XFactor 2014 il prossimo giovedì: 12 concorrenti nuovi di zecca divisi in quattro squadre capitanate da: Fedez, Vicky, Morgan e Mika. Martedì la presentazione nel teatro tenda milanese dal quale andrà in onda la diretta su Sky Uno. Si sono mostrati emozionati i neo arrivati Vicky e Fedez ma, mentre la prima ha ammesso di essere nervosa, il rapper ha ostentato calma. E la ex Vj di Mtv ha confessato: «Sono già innamorata di Mika».

http://video.corriere.it/x-factor-live-via-vicky-lancia-suo-grido-d-amore-mika/2a7aa040-5940-11e4-aac9-759f094570d5

YouTube

[YOUTUBE]nCfgucKh3O8[/YOUTUBE]

Here the transcript and the translation:

From 1: 25

Il clima fra i giudici, a giudicare dall’atmosfera durante la presentazione della nuova edizione che andrà in onda su Sky Uno, sembra essere quello di una scolaresca in gita.L’armonia pare regnare sovrana e la neo arrivata Vicky ha già inquadrato i giurati, che con le sue ragazze dovrà sfidare:

Vicky: Morgan è imprevedibile

Intervistatrice: Fedez?

V: è molto sicuro

I: Mika?

V: Mika è… l’uomo che vorrei avere

I: addirittura, dichiarazione d’amore!

V: È una dichiarazione d’amore perché è veramente una persona meravigliosa.Io ho avuto modo di, di conoscerlo meglio….Morgan lo conoscevo già, quindi non lo dico di Morgan anche perché ormai siamo amici di vecchia data e ci vogliamo molto bene, però Mika è stato proprio una bella scoperta.Ma lo sapevo, perché me ne avevano parlato tutti benissimo, quindi avere la possibilità di, appunto, conoscerlo meglio, spente le telecamere, spente le luci e viverlo nella sua vita quotidiana, nella sua semplicità e tutto quanto mi ha… insomma è un amico che, secondo me, indipendentemente dallo show, mi porterò dietro.

The climate (spirit/mood) between the judges, judging from the atmosphere during the presentation of the new edition, which will be broadcasted on Sky Uno, seems to be that of a schoolchildren on field trip.Harmony seems to reign supreme and the newly arrived Vicky has already assessed (/evaluated) the jurors(/judges), who with her girls she will challenge.

Vicky: Morgan is unpredictable

Interviewer: Fedez?

V: he is very self assured

I: Mika?

V: Mika is .. the man that I wish to have

I: Really! declaration of love!

V: It’s a declaration of love because he is truly a wonderful person. I've got to, to know him better. ... Morgan, I knew him already, so I don’t say it of Morgan, also because by now we are old friends and we care very much for each other, but Mika was a really nice discovery/ lovely find. But I knew it, because they all had talked to me about him very well, so having the opportunity to, in fact/ precisely, know him better, turned off the cameras, turned off the lights and live him (spend time with him) in his daily life, in his simplicity, and everything to me ... well he’s a friend that, in my opinion, regardless of the show, I will take away/keep with me.

Edited by Kumazzz
adding the transcript and the translation.

VIDEO by Corriere Tv

21 ottobre 2014

X-Factor Live al via e Vicky lancia il suo grido d’amore per Mika

Al via all’edizione live di XFactor 2014 il prossimo giovedì: 12 concorrenti nuovi di zecca divisi in quattro squadre capitanate da: Fedez, Vicky, Morgan e Mika. Martedì la presentazione nel teatro tenda milanese dal quale andrà in onda la diretta su Sky Uno. Si sono mostrati emozionati i neo arrivati Vicky e Fedez ma, mentre la prima ha ammesso di essere nervosa, il rapper ha ostentato calma. E la ex Vj di Mtv ha confessato: «Sono già innamorata di Mika».

http://video.corriere.it/x-factor-live-via-vicky-lancia-suo-grido-d-amore-mika/2a7aa040-5940-11e4-aac9-759f094570d5

YouTube

[YOUTUBE]nCfgucKh3O8[/YOUTUBE]

please ,can anyone translate what Vicky says about Mika?

Thank you !:wub2:

Twix Reporter: Home Visit Mika

http://xfactor.sky.it/showvideo/217709/twix-reporter-home-visit-mika/20-10-2014/xfactor,XF8,/?pag=1/

I Twix Reporter hanno raggiunto gli Over a Mothia, dove Mika ha scelto i tre concorrenti da portare in gara: Diluvio, Emma e Mario.

The Twix Reporter have reached the Over a Mothya, where Mika has chosen the three competitors to take in the competition/contest: Diluvio, Emma and Mario.

I honestly didn't want to talk about this anymore because I don't like the discussions (and I'll don't speak no more about it), but listen to what Emma and Mario say in this video on Mika's judgments on them.They recognized that he was very hard but honest with them, telling them things that they have recognized to be true.So if it's not a problem for them and the only ones who say and insist about it are here, it isn't better to let the conversation end here? Home visit is over and Mika doesn't need any defense.

Everyone is free to have and tell their own opinion, obviously.It's okay.But don't exaggerate the thing, please.

Edited by charlie20

I honestly didn't want to talk about this anymore because I don't like the discussions (and I'll don't speak no more about it), but listen to what Emma and Mario say in this video on Mika's judgments on them.They recognized that he was very hard but honest with them, telling them things that they have recognized to be true.So if it's not a problem for them and the only ones who say and insist about it are here, it isn't better to let the conversation end here? Home visit is over and Mika doesn't need any defense.

Everyone is free to have and tell their own opinion, obviously.It's okay.But don't exaggerate the thing, please.

:thumb_yello: You expressed the details about this very well in your post 17.10, and I just have to say that I agree with your conclusion here...:blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

I honestly didn't want to talk about this anymore because I don't like the discussions (and I'll don't speak no more about it), but listen to what Emma and Mario say in this video on Mika's judgments on them.They recognized that he was very hard but honest with them, telling them things that they have recognized to be true.So if it's not a problem for them and the only ones who say and insist about it are here, it isn't better to let the conversation end here?

No one is saying that Mika being harsh or bitchty or sharp is a problem. If you think so, you are totally missing the point.

1. I first started to say that he went harsh on two contestants, without judging that. I didn't say "how could he!!". I just reported that he used some sharp words.

2. Then someone went "He didn't"

3. Then someone else said "He didn't and if he did, he was just being helpful"

4. Someone else said that apparently this statement is very much acceptable when it comes from Mika but it is not when it's referred to Mika

So no one here is saying that Mika acting harsh is THE problem.

Anyway I think that the judges aren't totally free to do whatever they want, some of their behaviours and choices could be directed from the production. During the audition there were a blond woman, who apparently is the boss, talking to them at every break, like she was giving them "advice" (orders) and once Mika seemed to argue, he didn't look pleased. Of course, they might have been talking about the lunch, so I can't be sure. I wouldn't just rely on a tv show to see Mika's true colors.

After watching the vid where Morgan was smoking I would like to know how is the attitude about smoking in public in Italy?

It's actually forbidden. Cigarettes can't be smoken in movies and tv shows (unless they are necessary for the plot, I guess?). I was surprised when Morgan smoked in the venue during the auditions. I suppose he always does whatever he wants cause no one ever kicks his ass :sneaky2:

Edited by Elwendin

I said that the earlier translated quote didn't seem especially "bitchy". I think his original plan was to be brutally honest and say exactly what he thinks. Of course it can be also harsh and critical. This is just twisting words, imo. I feel no need to make any excuses for him. If he thinks he goes too far with his words he will surely apologize that person. Otherwise it's just his direct opinion :dunno: I agree it's good he shows more of himself on television. The Italian television audience is crazy about him, they love his direct, honest style.

First off, I was not just talking about you and second off, you are still missing my point. It wasn't about him being harsh or critical. I don't care about that. It was about double standards as for example my direct opinion which was expressed in a similar way was criticised for being negative. So to me it feels like you are okay with him showing behaviour that many of us have shown in regards to the talent shows, just because he is Mika and he can do no wrong, whereas you disagree with my opinion which makes it automatically negative. Not just you but more people.

A native Italian speaker said it sounded harsh yes non-native speakers come up with reasons why it wasn't harsh or why he said it this way blabla. That is making up excuses for either him or yourself. And as I mentioned before, I prefer him being direct over politically correct.

You obviously did not read as nobody here made a problem about him being too harsh. Instead I applauded him being direct as I consider that a good thing. And as this is still a discussion forum with people who have different opinions, I don't see why the discussion should end just because you disagree with it.

A native Italian speaker said it sounded harsh yes non-native speakers come up with reasons why it wasn't harsh or why he said it this way blabla.

Some other native italian speakers told it didn't. But then the translation was posted and no one can deny now that "to suck" is harsh. And, as I already explained, "fare schifo" is rude and children aren't usually allowed to say it.

I'm pointing this out cause I'm sure that someone's thinking "well, it's just Elwendin who says so". It's me, and the whole italian educational system. Maybe we lived different lives, in mine, I got scold or slapped by my father whenever I was telling "fa schifo". Just saying. If I said something like that to a coworker, I think I could be accused of bullying.

Please check it out here. http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=44295&langid=14

Oh, by the way, a coworker asked something to another one but then didn't even let her reply. The coworker the question was adressed to, got upset.

I wonder why. Maybe cause it's rude?

I hope that no one will deny again that this attitude is rude. It was, and it's fine, but it was. And then yes, he changed and got softer, but this is not the point. The point is people, even native speakers, denying that he was harsh, or saying that he was just being helpful and honest, while when we act that way, we are being negative.

But, at the end of the day, whatever. Who cares.

Edited by Elwendin

PICS from Yahoo It.

4f414b7b-6da9-3467-bd9e-752a815e235d

thanks for posting all the pics and news Eriko!

Love the watch he's wearing! I think it's made of fabric like the other one he used to have a few years ago, it's very cool! :original:

No one is saying that Mika being harsh or bitchty or sharp is a problem. If you think so, you are totally missing the point.

1. I first started to say that he went harsh on two contestants, without judging that. I didn't say "how could he!!". I just reported that he used some sharp words.

2. Then someone went "He didn't"

3. Then someone else said "He didn't and if he did, he was just being helpful"

4. Someone else said that apparently this statement is very much acceptable when it comes from Mika but it is not when it's referred to Mika

So no one here is saying that Mika acting harsh is THE problem.

Anyway I think that the judges aren't totally free to do whatever they want, some of their behaviours and choices could be directed from the production. During the audition there were a blond woman, who apparently is the boss, talking to them at every break, like she was giving them "advice" (orders) and once Mika seemed to argue, he didn't look pleased. Of course, they might have been talking about the lunch, so I can't be sure. I wouldn't just rely on a tv show to see Mika's true colors.

It's actually forbidden. Cigarettes can't be smoken in movies and tv shows (unless they are necessary for the plot, I guess?). I was surprised when Morgan smoked in the venue during the auditions. I suppose he always does whatever he wants cause no one ever kicks his ass :sneaky2:

Seeing all the commotion around various places about this, I decided to see what was actually going on. Seeing this, bolded part, let me tell you that the producer very much has the most input on what is said and done on the show, it's part of the template across the board in all countries, even in the UK. I have seen someone I follow on Twitter who went to the UK auditions say in the breaks the producer was going to the judges giving instructions, and that seemed to include telling one who they should be taking on their team. So don't imagine for a minute that the judges have total say on who goes through. It's an entertainment show, and the remit is clearly to have what is considered by the tv people who is deemed to be more entertaining than the rest.

On social networks you can read an immediate dislike for the Komminuet (the blonde girl is hated almost from everyone...too much bad comments about other competitors behind the scenes), for the Spritz for Five (they are good singers but they know it :teehee: and they seem snobbish), and for Diluvio, the rapper of Mika's team, openly accused to sing and rap very bad and to have some strong sponsor (record company/producer...i don't know...) that is helping him in the show.

Instead ... you can read large consensus around Mario, Emma (Mika's team) and Lorenzo (Fedez's team)... curiosity around Madh (Fedez's team) ... interest about Vivian's skill and tenderness towards the young Ilaria (Victoria's team)... not many reactions about others competitors

Thanks for this updates! :thumb_yello: It's interesting to hear what's the vibe among the italian audience.I hope Diluvio will be the first one going out from Mika's team,Mario and Emma are really talented and original. Vicky has also very good contestants,and Fedez is lucky to have Lorenzo in his team.As for Morgan,I see he's very confident that Spritz for Five will make it through the finale,we'll see.....From now on,a critical factor is the assignment of the songs from the judges for each contestant,imo.

Love the watch he's wearing! I think it's made of fabric like the other one he used to have a few years ago, it's very cool! :original:

Now that you mentioned it,I think you're right,it looks like that :thumb_yello:

First off, I was not just talking about you and second off, you are still missing my point. It wasn't about him being harsh or critical. I don't care about that. It was about double standards as for example my direct opinion which was expressed in a similar way was criticised for being negative. So to me it feels like you are okay with him showing behaviour that many of us have shown in regards to the talent shows, just because he is Mika and he can do no wrong, whereas you disagree with my opinion which makes it automatically negative. Not just you but more people.

Ingie, I'm not missing your point. You have repeated it so many times it would be impossible to miss. I just have a different view about the whole situation.

@Marta Thanks for the social networks update! Very interesting :thumb_yello:

Ingie, I'm not missing your point. You have repeated it so many times it would be impossible to miss. I just have a different view about the whole situation.

@Marta Thanks for the social networks update! Very interesting :thumb_yello:

Nina, had you commented on my point instead of talking over it, I wouldn't have had to repeat it so often. I still do not have an answer to my point. I only heard the "it didn't sound harsh what he said" over and over again.:thumb_yello:

please ,can anyone translate what Vicky says about Mika?

Thank you !:wub2:

I'm not Italian,but what I got is smth like: Mika is the man she wants,and this is a love declaration to him,because he's a wonderful person,and it was a pleasure for her to discover it.She got to know him better behind the cameras and away from the spotlights,in his everyday life,and discovered a simple person and a good friend.

I hope it's pretty close of what she's saying,if not maybe someone else could help. :blush-anim-cl: