MIKA @ Cirque d'Hiver, Paris - June 12, 2009 2ND DATE! - Gig reports, photos & videos

robertina

LondonDay5150.jpg

(courtesy of Charlotte Christy)

p1150238.jpg

(courtesy of Lyli21)

here we are, ready for new and more exciting adventures in Mikaland!

(and Aureliencounty!)

let reports, videos and pics flow!

Reports:

Marie-Thérèse

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2339949#post2339949

Melman92

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2340293#post2340293

B!anka

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2342685&postcount=243

French Deb

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2344029&postcount=323

Photos:

Charlotte Christy

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2340253#post2340253

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2340262#post2340262

Lyli21

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2340325#post2340325

Elodie

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2340343#post2340343

Video:

Relax featuring Aurélien on piano!!!!

Toy Boy (Elodie)

Edited by robertina

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, first impressions, stilll warm from the oven...

Mica gave it all but his voice was tired. More fragile, which didn't make it less beautiful but more touching.

The audience was as insane as yesterday, the set as long, if not longer -the show lasted a little longer than on the 11th.

There was no stage invasion but very special features : the little girl I had noticed yesterday as a brilliant dancer was invited on stage -and on top of the piano- by Mica, Aurélien played a few notes on the same instrument -which, incidentally, is just a baby grand, I think...-

I thought I had enjoyed the gig less than yesterday for a very simple reason : I filmed most of it plus I had been given a special filming assignment by Id3 -nothing that's going to circulate on the Internet, only for his own use- and I have always found that you can't have fun and film at the same time.

But apparently I did enjoy it as when we were coming down a young couple -first Mica gig, little stars twinkling in their eyes, so endearing !- told me 'You did like the concert, didn't you'. 'Yes, of course, I did'. 'Because we saw you dancing and singing and having the time of your life !'.

We chatted a bit and they told me that they had been overwhelmed by Mica's energy, generosity, presence and huge talent, that they were taken by surprise because, even though they had seen videos and heard reports from friends it was way beyond their wildest expectations.

To me it was the perfect end to a great night.

My thoughts go to the courageous fans who are probably still waiting outside for the big man.

I didn't join them, either yesterday or tonight because I am still embarrassed about the painting thing and I want to wait some time before approaching him again.

I was happy to meet MFCers tonight, either ones I already knew -Sophie, where the hell were you ?- or new ones, like the lovely mother and daughter from Romania, first Mica gig too.

Good night, folks,

M.-Th.

Nice report, Marie Therese! :biggrin2::wub2: You shouldn't be ashamed..

Can't wait for the following...

Was the girl that was a good dancer yesterday in the crowd, or?...

Edited by Neiobi

Mica gave it all but his voice was tired. More fragile, which didn't make it less beautiful but more touching.

The audience was as insane as yesterday, the set as long, if not longer -the show lasted a little longer than on the 11th.

There was no stage invasion but very special features : the little girl I had noticed yesterday as a brilliant dancer was invited on stage -and on top of the piano- by Mica, Aurélien played a few notes on the same instrument -which, incidentally, is just a baby grand, I think...-

I thought I had enjoyed the gig less than yesterday for a very simple reason : I filmed most of it plus I had been given a special filming assignment by Id3 -nothing that's going to circulate on the Internet, only for his own use- and I have always found that you can't have fun and film at the same time.

But apparently I did enjoy it as when we were coming down a young couple -first Mica gig, little stars twinkling in their eyes, so endearing !- told me 'You did like the concert, didn't you'. 'Yes, of course, I did'. 'Because we saw you dancing and singing and having the time of your life !'.

We chatted a bit and they told me that they had been overwhelmed by Mica's energy, generosity, presence and huge talent, that they were taken by surprise because, even though they had seen videos and heard reports from friends it was way beyond their wildest expectations.

My thoughts go to the courageous fans who are probably still waiting outside for the big man.

I didn't join them, either yesterday or tonight because I am still embarrassed about the painting thing and I want to wait some time before approaching him again.

I was happy to meet MFCers tonight, either ones I already knew -Sophie, where the hell were you ?- or new ones, like the lovely mother and daughter from Romania, first Mica gig too.

Good night, folks,

M.-Th.

Wonderful report, M.-Th., thanks! :wub2: Nice to know you had so much fun!

Good night, folks,

M.-Th.

thanks for the report m-th.

why were you embarrassed by the painting? :blink:

Gig was absolutely fantastic tonight! Next to SLC, this was one of my favorites. :wub2: He was so on and full of energy! Awe, sad it's over now. I miss all the MFCers. :shocked:

Pictures are coming

Great to hear you've had such a fantastic night!:thumb_yello:

Gig was absolutely fantastic tonight! Next to SLC, this was one of my favorites. :wub2: He was so on and full of energy! Awe, sad it's over now. I miss all the MFCers. :shocked:

Pictures are coming

Can't wait!

Should have texted you to ask him if I could play the trashcan at Bestival!

Ah yes, that would be fun. The kids playing have had a blast. They were so cute. There were 2 little boys playing tonight and everytime the ball came near Martin, they about beat him to death with the drumstick. It was hilarious.

Can't wait!

Should have texted you to ask him if I could play the trashcan at Bestival!

Good night, folks,

M.-Th.

:thumb_yello::wub2::wink2:

Ah yes, that would be fun. The kids playing have had a blast. They were so cute. There were 2 little boys playing tonight and everytime the ball came near Martin, they about beat him to death with the drumstick. It was hilarious.

Poor Martin!

He'll be feeling that in the morning!

I'd love to have a go, I love playing anything percussive.