Rumour: Mika in the jury of French "The Voice"?

Droopsy

So basically, it's mentioned on a few websites that Mika is a possible candidate to be in the jury of the French version of the program "The Voice". It's just rumours at this point, but it's worth mentioning :wink2:

-----------------------------------------------------

The Voice sur TF1, Florent Pagny et la chanteuse de Texas dans le jury ?

posted: novembre 17, 2011

the-voice.1.jpg

Quels candidats au jury de The Voice sur TF1 en 2012 ? The Voice devrait arriver en diffusion en janvier 2012 en France, et les pré-castings ont déjà débuté.

Selon Le Parisien le jury devrait notamment être composé par Florent Pagny et Sharleen Spiteri du groupe Texas (elle a déjà été aperçue dans X-Factor), ils auraient dit oui. Il y aura 2 autres personnes dans le jury, parmi les noms évoqués on pourra retrouverer : Pascal Obispo, Mika ou encore Patrick Bruel.

A noter que du coté de l’animation de l’émission, Nikos et Benjamin Castaldi serait déjà d’accord, mais pour rappel , l’autre grand favori est Vincent Cerutti, la nouvelle recrue de TF1 qui a fait largement ses preuves depuis son arrivée en janvier.

Source

---------------------------------------------------------

LU / PAS LU ?

17/11/2011 | 08h47

2 - Le nouveau jury de "The Voice" se précise...

En effet, Florent Pagny et Sharleen Spiteri (du groupe Texas) feront partis du jury du nouveau jeu de TF1, "The Voice".

Le programme doit arriver à l'antenne début 2012 et le concept est original car en effet les candidats sont jugés uniquement pour leurs voix!

Des rumeurs annonce que Pascal Obispo, Mika et Patrick Bruel rejoigneraient peut-être l'aventure...

LU... est-ce un programme que vous comptez regarder ?

Source: Virginradio.fr

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm,that's interesting. But France again? really? And that's starting in January and probably lasts for about two months.IMHO it's time for finishing new album,promoting it (not only in France) and doing a few small gigs to remind the audience. So I hope that's only rumours :)

hmm,that's interesting. But France again? really? And that's starting in January and probably lasts for about two months.IMHO it's time for finishing new album,promoting it (not only in France) and doing a few small gigs to remind the audience. So I hope that's only rumours :)

I have to be honest and say I thought the same. I can't really see him doing that when it's actually THE time to do all the stuff you said :dunno:

I won't take it for granted as we have already heard about similar rumours before but :puppy_eyes: Oh please no... I know it could make Mika richer and more notorious in some countries but he's already famous in France and does not need this. Mika's still 'in' over here!! To be honest, it's something for 'has been' in France (I don't want to sound rude at all. It's just the truth: people who take part in such programmes are desperate to be in the light again (which may be Florent Pagny's and Spiteri's case) or desperate for money or need to boost their album's sales** I think other Frenchies do agree with this**).

How are those programmes considered in other countries?

I'm guessing it's a rumour since he's probably gonna be promoting the album by then. But then again maybe he might be a guest judge for a few episodes which would be very interesting to watch. His appearance at the Italian X Factor as a guest judge a couple of years ago was really cool to watch.

Lets wait and see if it's just a rumour or not.

I won't take it for granted as we have already heard about similar rumours before but :puppy_eyes: Oh please no... I know it could make Mika richer and more notorious in some countries but he's already famous in France and does not need this. Mika's still 'in' over here!! To be honest, it's something for 'has been' in France (I don't want to sound rude at all. It's just the truth: people who take part in such programmes are desperate to be in the light again (which may be Florent Pagny's and Spiteri's case) or desperate for money or need to boost their album's sales** I think other Frenchies do agree with this**).

Well the show starts here this week or next week and the judges aren't has- beens at all :teehee:

Do you know if it's actually already airing in january?

I don't know when it will be aired. I had never heard about this news until today. I won't deny Bruel, Pagny, Obispo or Texas' hits and they were big album sellers... but it was in the 1990s. They are not in the limelight anymore (nb: I loved Texas but Obispo always got on my nerves) :dunno:

How are those programmes considered in other countries?[/QUOTE]

It is the same in Germany.the jury are usually artist who do not sell to much music anymore.they simply try to ge some attention and try to remember people who they are...it`s sad I think. sometimes they even interupt the peeps who participate sing their song till the end to show that they can sing

:(

I didn't watch The Voice of Holland, but I know the coaches (is that the same as the 'jury' you are reffering too?) are quit popular Dutch artists.

http://www.thevoiceofholland.com/talenten-coaches/coaches/

Angela is the only one who was popular in the eightties, but is still working in music- and tv business.

You know that the Voice is originally from Holland?

Well the show starts here this week or next week and the judges aren't has- beens at all :teehee:

Do you know if it's actually already airing in january?

no indeed lol, i mean alex Carlier fom Hooverphonic still doing very well, as is Jasper Steverlinck and Koen Wauters

did if forget anyone? O-o :aah:

I certainly do hope it's only a rumour! I mean, it's the same in Greece, the jury is mostly consisted of forgotten singers, or producers etc.

Plus, I think he's focusing too much in France. He's known all over the world, he should just work on the album, promote, perform in many countries and stuff. :huh:

I certainly do hope it's only a rumour! I mean, it's the same in Greece, the jury is mostly consisted of forgotten singers, or producers etc.

Plus, I think he's focusing too much in France. He's known all over the world, he should just work on the album, promote, perform in many countries and stuff. :huh:

Totally agree :sneaky2:

Not only French people are desperately waiting for the new stuff.

When I saw the thread I just saw, "Rumour: Mika in the jury of..." So I got excited!

I thought, maybe it is something to do with Children in Need, or some other reality singing show on UK TV, or the UK version of The Voice.

But I should have realised it would be something to do with France, yet again!

So now I'm disappointed. I'm fed up with telling ppl I meet, in the UK that Mika hasn't disappeared, he's doing his new album, there should be a single from it soon.

I wish with all my heart he'd start his UK promotion instead of always doing stuff in France, in the French language that excludes the UK

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

What you say about it being for has beens, In France, the version that's about to start here, will have Jessie J and possibly CeeLo Green as judges,so that's not the case it seems for us.

As much as I wish Mika would just concentrate on the new album next year, if he was going to do this I would hope he would do it on the UK version, to boost his profile here again.

Also Gary Barlow, was doing the Take That tour as he was doing the judging in the early heats of X Factor, Simon Cowell used to fly between here and the US to judge X Factor and AI, likewise one of the judges on Strictly Come Dancing does the same thing to judge on Dances with the Stars.

Personally, I hope Mika avoids such distractions, and focuses on the album next year, but it seems that other people do multitask.

What you say about it being for has beens, In France, the version that's about to start here, will have Jessie J and possibly CeeLo Green as judges,so that's not the case it seems for us.

As much as I wish Mika would just concentrate on the new album next year, if he was going to do this I would hope he would do it on the UK version, to boost his profile here again.

Also Gary Barlow, was doing the Take That tour as he was doing the judging in the early heats of X Factor, Simon Cowell used to fly between here and the US to judge X Factor and AI, likewise one of the judges on Strictly Come Dancing does the same thing to judge on Dances with the Stars.

Personally, I hope Mika avoids such distractions, and focuses on the album next year, but it seems that other people do multitask.

Not has beens in UK :thumb_yello: I read the DailyMail on line and heard about that. It seems to be the big difference between UK (or USA) and the rest of Europe. It hasn't got the same (positive) image over here.

Like you, I also hope Mika focusses on this next album and tour :mf_rosetinted:

But I should have realised it would be something to do with France, yet again!

So now I'm disappointed.

Indeed. :naughty:

Not has beens in UK :thumb_yello: I read the DailyMail on line and heard about that. It seems to be the big difference between UK (or USA) and the rest of Europe. It hasn't got the same (positive) image over here.

I don't know about the UK but I think in the US it started off as a vehicle for has-beens as well. No one had heard of Paula Abdul in 20 years and no one had heard of Simon Cowell at all when American Idol started. But it became such a huge success that now these types of shows are drawing big names to appear on them as musical guests, mentors, judges.

Mika was scheduled to be a mentor on Canadian Idol but he blew it off in the end. :sneaky2: It would have been such great exposure for him because not only was every pop music listener in the country watching it but the host of the show also hosted a daily entertainment show and the network also owned MTV and MuchMusic. Mika would have had interviews and clips aired on these shows for months afterwards.

Is 'The Voice' something similar to X-factor?

If it is only for France though, it would definitely not be a step ahead in Mika's career to participate in the program as a regular judge when he should be promoting his new album instead unless he already gave up on the idea to be successful outside France. :dunno:

I've lived in the UK for a few years and I'm now back in France and I could see that these TV programs, which concept is basically identical in every country, do not have the same impact everywhere at all. 'X Factor' has been on British television for quite a long time now and is hugely popular, with winners being successful afterwards. In France we had 'X Factor' for the 1st time this year and they are not renewing it because they only had around 1 or 2 million viewers (I think it's around 10 or 12 in the UK?) Winners are not particularly well considered... We had other programs of this kind and indeed the jury was made up of more or less 'has been' people. I would truly hate to see Mika in this. (I mean it's great to see him on TV but not in this please) He really doesn't need this; he's already considered as a great singer songwriter as it is.

Anyway, I quoted you because I agree that it would be much better for him to do it in the UK version than the French one (if he really had to do it in one)

no indeed lol, i mean alex Carlier fom Hooverphonic still doing very well, as is Jasper Steverlinck and Koen Wauters

did if forget anyone? O-o :aah:

Natalia :roftl: She never has been (popular) imo but she was very popular. I don't know if she still is? It's not my genre :aah: But Koen, I mean, I don't even think international superstars would be able to fill the sportpaleis so many times in the same month and every year! :teehee: So nope, no has-beens in the Flemish version.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough if it's true I guess :naughty: Pascal Obispo does seem like an odd choice. I did love his song (and video!) "fan" though.:naughty:

Natalia :roftl: She never has been (popular) imo but she was very popular. I don't know if she still is? It's not my genre :aah: But Koen, I mean, I don't even think international superstars would be able to fill the sportpaleis so many times in the same month and every year! :teehee: So nope, no has-beens in the Flemish version.

Anyway, we'll know soon enough if it's true I guess :naughty: Pascal Obispo does seem like an odd choice. I did love his song (and video!) "fan" though.:naughty:

ah right, Natalia how could i forget the only woman as a jury and coach :roftl:

and yes we will know soon, allthough i'm hoping it 's just that a rumour :teehee: would have him rather promote the new album:blush-anim-cl:

in the US the judges on the Voice last season were Christina Agulaira (sp?), Ceelo Green, the guy from Maroon 5, and some county singer. are they has-beens? i honestly have no idea :teehee:

about the Mika & The Voice in France rumors... i hope he doesn't do it because 1)he should be promoting his own album with gigs & interviews in more than just one country, 2)he's already voiced his opinion of those kind of reality singing shows & to me it didn't come across as very favorable, and 3)in my opinion, being a judge on those type of shows smacks of selling out like a whore & Mika is waaay too good for that.

ah right, Natalia how could i forget the only woman as a jury and coach :roftl:

and yes we will know soon, allthough i'm hoping it 's just that a rumour :teehee: would have him rather promote the new album:blush-anim-cl:

Yes, rather have some small promo gigs like in 2009 *:wub2:*

in the US the judges on the Voice last season were Christina Agulaira (sp?), Ceelo Green, the guy from Maroon 5, and some county singer. are they has-beens? i honestly have no idea :teehee:

If "the guy" from Maroon 5 is Adam Levine then, no, I don't think he's a has-been quite yet. :roftl: Ceelo is just getting started in this incarnation as a solo artist so I don't think he qualifies either. :naughty:

2)he's already voiced his opinion of those kind of reality singing shows & to me it didn't come across as very favorable, and 3)in my opinion, being a judge on those type of shows smacks of selling out like a whore & Mika is waaay too good for that.

I think he's also retracted his opinion to some degree and his music is used on these shows even if he doesn't make an appearance himself. Artists like Queen have been mentors on American Idol and I don't think it's a sell-out at all.

I take issue with this whole concept of Mika selling out or being a whore if he promotes himself on a particular TV show or sells his music to a mobile phone company, for example. It is pop music, not a Mozart concerto. Selling and promoting as much music as you possibly can is the whole goal of pop music releases. If it was solely about art of music you wouldn't have music videos, you wouldn't have multi-billion dollar corporations funding it, artists wouldn't have PR teams and heavily edited back stories, you wouldn't have charts to measure the success or failure of a song, etc., etc.

It is no more or less art and no more or less whoring yourself whether you take money from Universal via CD sales or money from a Verizon ad or the producers of American Idol. I really don't see the difference. Pop stars are earning millions of dollars by selling millions of copies of their "art" so I don't think any of one of them possesses impeccable artistic integrity over their peers. I think the only way to judge one pop star over another is through talent alone and not the way they choose to promote themselves or earn money.

The only circumstances where I would call Mika a sell-out is if he abandoned what he felt was his best work in order to produce some shlock that he knows would chart higher because he is more interested in earning money than making music.

I would never judge him as a whore if he wants to sell his songs to other corporations or promote himself on a TV show.

How are those programmes considered in other countries?[/QUOTE]

i'm not from the US but we get all US programming only...and there the Voice definitely did NOT have has-been judges...there was adam levine of maroon 5, christina aguilera, blake shelton and cee-lo..one of the only voice talent shows i actually watched..:thumb_yello:

i'm sure if the rumors are true, he would find a way to fit it in that doesn't compromise the release/work on the new album and promo for it...

Archived